PDA

View Full Version : NF 2.5-10x32 NXS or Bushnell Elite Tactical 3-12x44 FFP

Jsp10477
03-11-17, 22:31
Optic will be used on an 18" 5.56. Range out to 600 yards. Uses will be coyote hunting and shooting steel. My main concerns are durability,repeatability, and ability to hold zero. Both scopes have a reputation for being tough. Is the Bushnell in the same league? The Bushnell is FFP, has side focus, and costs less. Both have illuminated reticules. The NF has zero stop and better feeling turrets. The NF has the MOAR reticule and the Bushy has their BTR mil. Looking through both, the glass seems equal. I looked at the SHV and while nice, just didn't like it. I haven't heard any reports on how tough the SHV line is either. I looked at a Steiner Txi5 3-15 but I don't want to take the chance on getting a bad one and I'm just not a Burris fan. The new Vortex Viper Pst line looks good but no hard use reports. I can get the NF for $1400 and that's about as much as I want to spend. I'm leaning toward the NF but I'm not stuck on it. This gun gets beaten and abused on four wheelers and bouncing around in my jeep. Anyone own both? Is the NF worth the extra money?

Ken1973
03-15-17, 17:08
I have the Bushnell. Has been knocked around shooting steel and competitions and never had an issue. While it is a good scope and would certainly get the job done for your intended use, I wouldn't quite put it in the same category as the NSX. Just depends on if the extra features (and weight savings) of the NSX is worth the extra money.

Personally if I had the coin I would just get the NSX.

Jsp10477
03-16-17, 06:55
Thanks for the first hand info ken1973. I'll probably go ahead and get the NF.

Fatorangecat
03-16-17, 21:28
I have an NXS and I'm pretty sure I could use it as a hammer.

gunnerblue
03-16-17, 21:42
Are you looking at the older 3-12 LRS Bushnell? I have one and it is not nearly as robust as my NF's. it also has large non-locking turrets that I think would get moved about bouncing around in a truck.

yoni
03-17-17, 04:58
NF scopes were the only scope that never failed, in very hard use. EVERY other brand had failures through the years. So as a result NF scopes are the scopes for me. I even had one run over by a jeep and the thing didn't even lose zero.

skatz11
03-17-17, 06:58
The Bushnell 3-12 LRHS is an awesome optic. I have one on my SPRish rifle. The zero stop is nice, and I like having the windage capped. The glass is outstanding. It compares well to my Vortex gen1 Razor.

tylerw02
03-17-17, 08:19
I don't want to reticule you, but myself I want FFP reticles in all my scopes I shoot in the field. I would look at the Leupold Mark 6 3-18x.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jsp10477
03-17-17, 11:20
I was looking at the older Bushnell. Sorry for the spelling error. I went ahead and ordered the Nightforce. Thanks to everyone who chimed in with their experiences.