PDA

View Full Version : AR15sport Barrels?

Circle_10
03-12-17, 12:58
Curious if anyone on here has any experience with their barrels or know who is actually manufacturing them. Before anyone says "Go with BCM/Colt/DD", I'd be more than happy to as soon as one of them comes out with a 20" pencil profile barrel with a Non-F front sight.
I'm specifically interested in the 1:9 as even though it's for a retro build I prefer the versatility of the faster twist. I was holding out for one of Brownells 1:7 20" pencils but I'm getting a bit sick of the wait time for them to be in stock, which has no doubt now been extended due to the QC recall on their retro barrels they just put out.
http://shop.ar15sport.ihoststores.com/category_v3.aspx?categoryid=95
On the face of it, the specs look decent, although it doesn't mention what sort of testing, if any, that the barrels undergo. The reviews are also positive on the site, but I kinda take those with a grain of salt.
Anybody use an AR15sport barrel or have any knowledge or input?

GH41
03-12-17, 13:38
You might have better luck over at the Vintage AR forum.

Circle_10
03-12-17, 15:10
I thought this might be the better spot to get opinions on the overall quality of their barrels.

ccosby
03-12-17, 16:46
I can't speak for that barrel from them but I have the 1/8 a2 upper they sell. It has a m4 feedramp barrel in a standard feedramp upper which isn't the best config but isn't bad(and a2 uppers with m4 feed ramps are rare).

My upper needed like 1 click of adjustment and seems to be assembled correctly. It doesn't get used anywhere near as much as other guns I have but I'm happy with it.

I did ask on here before I bought it and the people that had experience with them said they were gtg. I'd say that is my experience as well.

GarandShooter
03-12-17, 21:41
I'm glad you posted this I've wanted an excuse to brag on their barrels.

I bought the 20" 1/9 for my clone build and was blown away at the accuracy. It's the best shooter I have in my safe with Independence 55g.

Circle_10
03-13-17, 17:46
I'm glad you posted this I've wanted an excuse to brag on their barrels.

I bought the 20" 1/9 for my clone build and was blown away at the accuracy. It's the best shooter I have in my safe with Independence 55g.

Good to hear a positive firsthand account of that specific barrel.
I'd really prefer a 1:7 vs a 1:9 just because, but I'm tired of waiting on Brownells and honestly, of all the thousands of rounds of 5.56 I have, none of it is heavier than 62 grains, so a 1:9 would likely suit me just fine.