PDA

View Full Version : Vortex Strike Eagle - Has anyone broken one?

Gunnar da Wolf
03-13-17, 10:40
I put a Vortex Strike Eagle on my FN carbine a while back and really like the sight. So far after a few hundred rounds and bouncing around in the truck it hasn't shifted zero or suffered any damage. The BDC reticle works well for my 77gr loads out to 300 yards and I rarely shoot further than that, up close my brain comprehends "put the horseshoe on the target and pull the trigger" so that works too. I'm not a Paratrooper/SWAT/Snake Eater, I just need a decent optic not a $1,400 Razor.

I have a second 16" carbine that is a near copy of the FN and I'm thinking of putting a second Strike Eagle on it too. "One is none, Two is one."

They've been around two + years now, has anyone managed to damage or destroy a Strike Eagle? If so tell us how you did it. :cool:

Watrdawg
03-13-17, 12:15
I just put one on a 300 blackout build I finished up last week. I decided to use the Strike Eagle after shooting my buddy's rifle. He has a 16" Blackout that he hunts with. So I'm also interested to hear about anyone else's experience with this scope.

Warg
03-14-17, 14:46
My nephew manages an 85,000 acre cattle farm in AK and is pretty much on a 4-wheeler all day managing the cattle and doing pest control the Strike Eagle (gift from me) on an AR. He said it takes a pretty good beating and has had no issues to date.

Jermedic
03-14-17, 15:14
My wife and I have both been running them on our Colts for the past year and have not had any problems. We have taken them on multi day camping trips on quads on rough mountain and desert trails and neither of us have noticed a shift in zero. I think it's a nice scope for the price.

imaguy3
03-18-17, 13:13
I bent the objective and eyepiece by a coworker dropping it by accident onto a cement pad... the scope still tracked correctly and held zero... The image was a little less clear and sometimes had a weird reddish tint. I sent it back to vortex and got a new one.