PDA

View Full Version : The Best of Firefly thread

soulezoo
03-13-17, 16:24
As anyone here that remotely breathes knows, Mr. Firefly has graced us with his wit and uncanny way of articulating a thought.

So I thought I would start a best of thread beginning with his latest bit of philosophy:

Everybody gets this All American image of Chip Whiteboy with a squared away high and tight maxing out PT tests and saying grace at every meal running up to punch out a Nazi in the face and then knocking out 20 push ups to reward himself if there was mandatory conscription.

NEWP.

It'd be a lot if guys half assing everything, smoking dope from their guns, filling stockades, and breeding like jackrabbits with some downrange whore or Kraut/Mamasan bring back. Plus they'll either get used to all the programs or get out with a chip on their shoulder.

A LOT of asshole Dems were in the military. It won't make people magically awesome.

I think one of the more disillusioning things I ever saw was a Marine Staff Sergeant running coke out of his recruiting office. And this was about a year into Iraq. And showed up to court he did in his dress blues toting a Bible. Wasn't my case, I was just a pair of hands but this man (and later to find out his assistant/co-recruiter/whatever) were no shit running coke out of a recruitment office.

So. No. Negative. We are a big country. We dont need conscription. If we ever got in a big war, like really big, to the point where they needed every swinging vine in the congo then I suspect the missiles will already be 30 minutes out and we get to play Fallout for real.

Plus I known too many pieces of human shit who do nothing but show up and drink coffee who think their rank mystically crosses over into real life snd that's a big negative.

As for "showing people what they are voting on"

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Are you all crazy? These pieces of shit LIVE in squalor and shitholes. They know full well how sorry things are.

And they dont care.

As for Stacey Whitegirl and her Minivan Mafia....they'd just feel sorrier for them all and think "oh noes, we need higher taxes and moar social programs! And less guns and less mean, big dumb male police! The meanies!"

Please quit applying rational thought and reasonable concepts of society to real life. You will get disappointed every time.

I mean.....I'm probably going to burn all my 5.11 shit and piss on the ashes one day.

Remember that song Shattered Dreams by Jonny Hates Jazz?

LIFE. ANTHEM. mfers!

But please, keep hope alive. Keep hope alive on its ventilator trapped in its Jacob's Ladder purgatory that is neither Heaven nor Hell for it to suffer under an irresolute torment of banality

Pure gold... M4C'ers, post your favorite Firefly quotes!

Firefly
03-13-17, 16:37
I thought this was going to be about the best show ever. I am disappointed.

FWIW The best episode was Our Mrs. Reynolds.

Outlander Systems
03-13-17, 16:50
Firefly missed his calling as a world-famous blogger.

I would say Gonzo Journalist, but this is 2017...so...blogger.

I imagine him as Fez, from That 70s Show, wearing a Fedora with a Sat Cong card in the band, a Churchwarden pipe, and an Adidas track suit, sauntering about the American hinterlands, Anthony Bourdain style, on what would be the greatest display of televised entertainment in the history of mankind.

The Show's title would simply be, "People Watching."

The host, J-Magnum would tour every pseudo-third-world enclave from sea-to-shining-sea, chronicling the best of the worst among us.

"From the trailer-park, to the trap, J-Magnum does Vice better than Vice. His visceral illustration of America's hell holes is a rollicking adventure of quips, quotes, and quarrelsome antics." -What I Think Entertainment Weekly Would Say About the Show

Outlander Systems
03-13-17, 16:54
When I see news stories like:

"Man Executed in Front of Family, Because Carjackers Angry that the Vehicle Had a Manual Transmission," I immediately wish for Firefly's sage wisdom.

http://www.wbrz.com/news/houston-carjacker-shoots-kills-man-because-vehicle-has-manual-transmission/

jpmuscle
03-13-17, 17:05
I was wondering when such a thread was going to come into existence

daddyusmaximus
03-13-17, 17:35

Me too... and I agree with your pick of best episode. Damn she was hot. I'd have gone to special hell.

Arik
03-13-17, 18:38

I always liked the episode where they land in Janeville!

I don't remember the one you mentioned. Is that the one with the blond chick?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Firefly
03-13-17, 19:16
I always liked the episode where they land in Janeville!

I don't remember the one you mentioned. Is that the one with the blond chick?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

She was redheaded Christina Hendricks in her prime. Saffron.

That show was too damn good. Star Trek nerds go on about a show that was lame and full of gay overacting.

Firefly was about space Confederates, a merc with no morals, a space whore, a cute but nailable mechanic, an eccentric pilot, a preacher with a dark past, a tenderfoot saw bones, and Summer Glau at her peak level of cuteness.

I had night classes and set my VCR. I remember folks unfairly comparing it to Outlaw Star at the time.

"Whattya gonna tell yer boss?"

"THAT WE WILL HUNT YOU DOWN LIKE DOGS AND SKIN YOU ALIVE!"

*kicks dude into jet turbine*

"Whattya gonna tell yer boss?"

"That those guys got away and we have no idea where they went"

"Good answer"