PDA

View Full Version : MSA Sordin Basic vs PRO hearing protection?

sva01
03-15-17, 06:59
Any comments form someone who has used both?
Looking to upgrade from a pair of Howrad Leights and am curious about the basic model of the Sordins. They are still more than I'd like to spend but I value my hearing and understand that good ear pro is important.
Any feedback from users would be appreciated!

Thanks!

travistheone
03-15-17, 10:04
If I recall there was a very slight price difference on amazon. PRO is extremely comfortable. Gel ear cups.

Mrgunsngear
03-15-17, 10:44
Any comments form someone who has used both?
Looking to upgrade from a pair of Howrad Leights and am curious about the basic model of the Sordins. They are still more than I'd like to spend but I value my hearing and understand that good ear pro is important.
Any feedback from users would be appreciated!

Thanks!

I have all 3 levels of Sordins.

The big difference in Pro vs. Basic is digital vs. analog sound. The Pro also has more amplification if that's something you're interested in.

The Pros are $185 shipped (http://amzn.to/2mt7hZ2) currently which is about $50 more than the basics. Just depends how much you value the $50 and the clearer sound I suppose.

sva01
03-15-17, 12:04
I have all 3 levels of Sordins.

The big difference in Pro vs. Basic is digital vs. analog sound. The Pro also has more amplification if that's something you're interested in.

The Pros are $185 shipped (http://amzn.to/2mt7hZ2) currently which is about $50 more than the basics. Just depends how much you value the $50 and the clearer sound I suppose.

I was thinking of going with the Basic and adding the gel cups which puts me in the $180 range...

If I'm understanding you, the Basic don't have any shortcomings, they're just not as nice as the Pro?

contax_shooter
03-15-17, 12:17
I was thinking of going with the Basic and adding the gel cups which puts me in the $180 range...

If I'm understanding you, the Basic don't have any shortcomings, they're just not as nice as the Pro?
I'd research on the compression technology each uses, that has a far more affect on usability.

Mrgunsngear
03-15-17, 19:00

The sound quality and volume levels could be construed as a "shortcoming" for sure.

tarkeg
03-15-17, 23:09
I believe the battery compartment on the Pro is waterproof. I don't think the basic is.