PDA

View Full Version : will they rebuild my eotech?

robo
09-23-08, 20:01
i have an eotech with 2 rough deployments on it and would like to have it refurbished to put on a M1 carbine im going to build for my wife. iv wrote the company several times and never heard from them. does anyone have first hand experiance with eotech customer service or know if they will refurbish the sight.:confused:

MisterWilson
09-23-08, 20:07
Try calling them during business hours & let us know what they say.

Anything else would just be an exercise in speculation.

Thank you for your service.

Sidewinder6
09-23-08, 20:11
I had a 5.11 redone a few months ago. CS was straight forward and my take is IF you are out of warranty, they will repair for Time and Materials.

I got NIB rebuilt to replace my sight that had the battery connection/goes off when shooting fault.

Service was timely. Got an RMA and sent it in. Got a box back in a few days.

BTW-' A Few deployments" ought to equal a thank you No charge if it were up to me.

Stickman
09-23-08, 21:18
A buddy of mine out of Group had his Eotech go down, I gave him one of mine, and they fixed it even though it was out of warranty. No problems at all.

LettersFromEarth
09-25-08, 21:20
Man, I had to look back and re-read that first post as thats just what I told EoTech today on the phone while setting up a re-build of my 552.
I made contact with Eo's CS yesterday (left a msg), they called me today with instructions on how and where to send it, and now its on its way "back" to Ann Arbor. I never had a problem w/my 552 (its just well traveld) and since its not an "F" type I figured what the hell... Good stuff indeed..

blueskip
09-26-08, 18:05
What's the difference between the F type?

I also heard that EOTech is coming out with (or already has maybe) with a graduated sight. It has more than one dot is my understanding. I can't say I'm up to date with the EOTech line at all. I think the extra dots are for different yardages or something like that. I haven't thought about buying one for nearly a year or more until today.

Is this true about the graduated sight? Is it better if so? I don't know which I should get and whether it's worth buying something newer that has the graduated sight - if it exists that is. I can pretty much say I think I would like an EOTech more than an Aimpoint. Both very good but the Aimpoint I've used seemed to limit my periferal judgement too much. That may just be me though. There are a lot of people that absolutely love Aimpoints so I'm definitely not knocking it.

I know some things are worth a few more bucks. I've played around with a EOtech a little, but not really enough to make a good decision I don't think. (Well at least not yet anyway.)

LettersFromEarth
09-27-08, 13:38
blueskip,

"F" type is just how EoTech designates their latest revision(s) to their current model line up. If its an updated 552 for example there will be an "F" marked along the side of the metal cover over the glass.

As far as the newer type reticles go...yes, EoTech has newer HWS sproting the "holdover" type reticle you desribe. But EoTech has also been having some QC problems with their latest sights (so I hear) that may or may not be fixed at present. I really dont know much about any of it but I can tell you my 552 has been pretty solid (NEEDS the LaRue mount, though). Cheers

What's the difference between the F type?

I also heard that EOTech is coming out with (or already has maybe) with a graduated sight. It has more than one dot is my understanding. I can't say I'm up to date with the EOTech line at all. I think the extra dots are for different yardages or something like that. I haven't thought about buying one for nearly a year or more until today.

Is this true about the graduated sight? Is it better if so? I don't know which I should get and whether it's worth buying something newer that has the graduated sight - if it exists that is. I can pretty much say I think I would like an EOTech more than an Aimpoint. Both very good but the Aimpoint I've used seemed to limit my periferal judgement too much. That may just be me though. There are a lot of people that absolutely love Aimpoints so I'm definitely not knocking it.

I know some things are worth a few more bucks. I've played around with a EOtech a little, but not really enough to make a good decision I don't think. (Well at least not yet anyway.)

blueskip
09-28-08, 13:03
I'm not sure if I'm going to opt for the LaRue mount. I'm putting a PWS system in next and that will be the end of my stock front iron sight so I won't need to clear it by using the LaRue mount. I'll probably use popup/flip-up front and rear sights of some sort. I'm still shopping around ;)

Thanks for the info.