PDA

View Full Version : Rear pc panel suggestions

rfairman
03-19-17, 13:15
Looking for a low profile hydration/storage back panel that will fit the back of my apc. I'd really like it to be as lowpro as possible because I spend a lot of time in a truck, but would also like the ability to store stuff like chemlights a gerber, and possibly a broken down mre. Currently the haley flatpack seems to fit but trying to see if there is anything else out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VARIABLE9
03-19-17, 14:20
Looking for a low profile hydration/storage back panel that will fit the back of my apc. I'd really like it to be as lowpro as possible because I spend a lot of time in a truck, but would also like the ability to store stuff like chemlights a gerber, and possibly a broken down mre. Currently the haley flatpack seems to fit but trying to see if there is anything else out there.

You know I saw another Haley product, it was a flatpack design with a rip away pouch built into the bottom. I can not find any information on it now however. Not sure if it is old, I thought it was brand new this month?

rfairman
03-19-17, 14:35
They just released the large flatpack

Inkslinger
03-19-17, 15:36
I like the Camelbak M.U.L.E. for something like that. It's also great for a hiking. Holds essentials but still feels small.
http://tacticalgear.com/camelbak-mule-coyote?hp=y&gclid=CIfqnY2149ICFVZMDQodatkG_Q#/23138/654/1&dl=b

ggammell
03-19-17, 15:42
I like the idea of a small pack for you needs rather than a panel. If you're in a truck a lot and already wearing plates, putting more gear on your back doesn't seem like a great idea (to me at least). Through the pack on when you go on foot, take it off when you get in the truck.

VARIABLE9
03-19-17, 18:09
They just released the large flatpack

Negative Ghostrider. The one I saw a quick video clip of had a pull out tab on the bottom, for quick access without having to take the actual pack off. E.g. for a blow out kit / med kit. Not sure if this whole pack I saw would work for the OP anyway, however I am perplexed I can not find it anywhere.

rfairman
03-19-17, 18:15
Negative Ghostrider. The one I saw a quick video clip of had a pull out tab on the bottom, for quick access without having to take the actual pack off. E.g. for a blow out kit / med kit. Not sure if this whole pack I saw would work for the OP anyway, however I am perplexed I can not find it anywhere.

Hmmm that sounds very interesting

ggammell
03-19-17, 18:21

Are you thinking of this from RE Factor?

https://www.refactortactical.com/products/the-aggressor?variant=39307975562

VARIABLE9
03-19-17, 18:34
Are you thinking of this from RE Factor?

https://www.refactortactical.com/products/the-aggressor?variant=39307975562

YES! I think I was drinking when I saw it first. Let's blame Jack Daniels.

Moving on, this is what I was thinking of (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thm5FuY1MdQ). Thanks gammell!

Wake27
03-19-17, 19:57
I'm a big fan of the Twin Needle Mini Map that you can find at OP Tactical.

Wooohah
03-19-17, 21:18
Look at the Emdom Vehicle Hydro. Seems like exactly what you need.

rfairman
03-19-17, 21:22
Look at the Emdom Vehicle Hydro. Seems like exactly what you need.

That is very similar to the SKD hydro I have on their now. I just haven't gotten a bladder for it yet

Edit: scratch that! SKD has better pictures of it on their site that is way better than what I'm running.

I do like the idea of the camelback mule as I can take it off to access what is inside though. The only thing I don't like about this is the extra straps to get in the way of a sling or something. Although that may also not be an issue.

DCtheGB
03-20-17, 07:53
I spend a lot of time in a truck wearing a pc and I'm not a fan of having a lot on my back. I currently have a First Spear .5 liter hydro pouch that I can fill if I need to.

Jellybean
03-21-17, 11:45
I spend a lot of time in a truck wearing a pc and I'm not a fan of having a lot on my back. I currently have a First Spear .5 liter hydro pouch that I can fill if I need to.

DC- Off topic, but can you tell me more about the chest rig you're running on there?

On topic-

You're not going to get much more low-profile than what's already been listed- especially once you throw a water bladder in there.
I'd vote for the Haley Flatpack- not the most versatile thing ever, but seems large enough for what you want, and you can use it as a regular small day pack as well, if you ever take it off your PC.

DCtheGB
03-21-17, 12:02
DC- Off topic, but can you tell me more about the chest rig you're running on there?

On topic-

You're not going to get much more low-profile than what's already been listed- especially once you throw a water bladder in there.
I'd vote for the Haley Flatpack- not the most versatile thing ever, but seems large enough for what you want, and you can use it as a regular small day pack as well, if you ever take it off your PC.

It's a Mayflower Pusher chest rig

Wake27
03-21-17, 13:21
It's a Mayflower Pusher chest rig

Great rig.

drtywk
03-21-17, 17:26
I am a huge fan of the Twin Needle Mini MAP, as well as the SKD/PIG gRUNT and 2L Hydration packs. All three will fit on the back of a PC with ease.

DevL
03-22-17, 22:59
I run an Emdom Vehicle Hydration carrier specifically because it's strong enough to carry breaching tools. It's quite heavy for its size, being made of 1000 denier nylon. I have a 2L Camelback in it, but once full it's crazy thick in a car and no way in hell you are accessing anything yourself.