PDA

View Full Version : Magpul QD Swivel socket

Pappabear
03-19-17, 15:18
I just bought a sling mount kit from Brownells / Magpul for my magpul fixed stock MOE.

IT came with socket but no screw. Also, the stock has the little screw / nut receiver.

Anybody have any idea what screw or nut size I could go to ACE HARDWARE and get.

I know it's a long shot, but thought I'd ask.

PB

ggammell
03-19-17, 15:40
I don't know what your time frame is but can you wait to contact magpul and see if they can snail mail you one?

Kain
03-19-17, 15:43
I don't know what your time frame is but can you wait to contact magpul and see if they can snail mail you one?

This. If you email them explaining tge situation they should be able to mailyou the screw without problem. Had a trigger guard from them missing the bolt and emailed tgem, had one in a the mail the next day.

Crazydave
03-19-17, 18:25
Check with brownells too... they will either help you or replace it

It should have come with a bolt, nut, and socket.

Did you say the stock had a nut and bolt? If so can you those ?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170319/b5d7bd4dcc95e777810856ebf537f5d4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

556BlackRifle
03-19-17, 21:36
Check with brownells too... they will either help you or replace it

It should have come with a bolt, nut, and socket.

Did you say the stock had a nut and bolt? If so can you those ?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170319/b5d7bd4dcc95e777810856ebf537f5d4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Interesting. I bought one a few years back and it did not come with any hardware.

Pappabear
03-20-17, 01:14
That is correct, it came with no hardware. And called it a "kit".

Anyway, ACE IS THE PLACE FOR YOUR HELPFUL HARDWARE MAN.

Done deal. I did send request to magpul. Before I resolved it on my own.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

PB

Pappabear
03-20-17, 01:17
Interesting. I bought one a few years back and it did not come with any hardware.

No, the stock didn't per say, but it looked like it worked via nut and bolt. It's not how I did it, but that's how magpul designed it. For their nut and bolt approach, not like with one screw like ACS L stocks do.

I just drove a hex screw in it and locked it down. Many different ways to skin a cat.

PB.

tehpwnag3
03-20-17, 10:10
IIRC, the threaded socket (Type 2) does not come with hardware, but the Type 1 should come with the HW kit shown in the picture posted here.

Crazydave
03-20-17, 10:29
IIRC, the threaded socket (Type 2) does not come with hardware, but the Type 1 should come with the HW kit shown in the picture posted here.

OP: Glad you got it fixed on the quick with Ace.

Type I:
Sling Mount Kit – TYPE 1 can be added to either side of the SGA®, MOE® Rifle, MOE® Fixed Carbine, MOE® AK, Zhukov-S, Hunter 700, and Hunter X-22 Stocks for use with push-button QD Sling Swivels or our own Magpul® QDM. Heavy-duty black phosphatized steel construction easily installs with provided hardware. Swivels not included

Type 2:
TYPE 2 can be installed on the opposite side to add additional push-button QD Sling Swivels or our own Magpul® QDM. Additionally, for running ambidextrous sling swivels on the SGA®, MOE® Rifle, MOE® Fixed Carbine, MOE® AK, Zhukov-S, Hunter 700, and Hunter X-22 Stocks, this TYPE 2 Kit must be utilized in conjunction with the optional TYPE 1 Kit.

Pappabear
03-20-17, 19:23
Thanks guys. Good info.

PB.

556BlackRifle
03-20-17, 19:50
Thanks for clearing that up! I thought it was supposed to come with hardware when I ordered it - just easier to deal with it myself than wait for a screw in the mail, so I did the same thing that PB did.

tarkeg
03-22-17, 22:57
I would like them better if they were rotation limited.