PDA

View Full Version : Lancer L5AWM

Glock9mm1990
03-21-17, 17:17
Hello everyone,

So I bought 20 of the opaque black Lancer L5AWM and 5 of the translucent smoke and I just decided to do a very unscientific drop test by dropping one of each, one black and one smoke colored magazine both loaded to 30 rounds. I would drop it from chest height onto just carpet, and every time the top round pops out. Same goes if I toss it 6ft same thing with both mags. Also if I give it a firm smack at the baseplate I can get rounds to pop out and I can get all 30 rounds to pop out if I keep doing it. I'm not hitting it super hard but I am smacking it more then just a gental tap. None of my Magpul Pmags do this no matter how hard I hit it nor from dropping it on my hard kitchen floor, also no cracks ether :) So is this normal for Lancer mags or is something wrong? I bought them after reading raving reviews but now I don't know. What are your guys thoughts?

WickedWillis
03-21-17, 18:20
Several different magazines will eject a few rounds on impact when dropped. I have had my magpul mags do it also.

cl2
03-21-17, 20:38
I checked 3 of my lancers. 2 of 3 spit a round out if I smacked the base. I dropped one on the carpet from about 5 ft and it held all the rounds. That being said I've never had a problem with any of these 3 mags. They've always been 100% when used in conjunction with a rifle. I also tried it with a pmag and it would cough up a round every time I gave the base a hard smack. It too has been nothing less then 100% when used with a rifle

It's like WW said above, a bunch will do it. You need to worry if they spit up a bunch of rounds when you smack the base.

Take them out shooting and see how they work. It they have issues, call Lancer & work something out.

masakari
03-22-17, 06:00
Yeah basically every magazine will do that.

mack7.62
03-22-17, 08:18
Yeah, Gen 3 PMAG's will survive a 5 foot drop on feed lips on concrete at 60 below and are the only magazines the USMC will take to war. But translucent Lancers are cute.:rolleyes:

Firefly
03-22-17, 11:29
I used the OLD Gen 1 lancers in a class and no issues.

All mags do that.

Glock9mm1990
03-22-17, 17:10
Sounds to me like it's normal and I was just overthinking things, just struck me as odd at first.

turnburglar
03-25-17, 01:32
Shit, my glock mags do that.....

TexGuy
03-25-17, 10:59
Allot of mags will do that. Pistol or rifle. My son and I ran about 500 rounds through 6 different lancers and all worked perfectly. After my metal GI mags they're my new go to.

03-25-17, 11:06
Translucent Lancers are my favorite mag. Never an issue. If I drop any mag on a hard surface, a couple of rds. coming out is expected.

BufordTJustice
03-25-17, 11:32
Yeah basically every magazine will do that.
Bingo.

Every. Single. One.

Diamondback
03-27-17, 00:00
Could it be that ejecting one or two on impact is a structural stress-release feature? I don't know magazines very well beyond the basic components and that they're supposed to keep the ammo comin', but in a former life I dabbled as an engineering student and such a thing would not be unprecedented. (For example, under some extreme conditions the WWII-era Grumman F8F Bearcat was designed so that if stressed beyond 7.5g the outer third of each wing would just snap off, leaving the inner, stronger portion to get home on.)

Not presuming to be an expert, just spit-balling a thought for possible consideration.