PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Combat EDC X9

Grand58742
03-22-17, 10:27
Do want...

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/EDC-X9-Non-Lightrail-Frame-Armor-Tuff-9mm/productinfo/EDCX-CP-9/

1911 style pistol from a highly reputable manufacturer with a double stack mag minus the huge honkin grip? What's not to like?

WickedWillis
03-22-17, 12:15
Yeah I really, really want one. And I'm not even remotely a 1911 guy. I just won't be able to afford one for the next 30 years lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0zCpzeZTEk

Arik
03-22-17, 12:46
I saw that LAV video last night and went on WC website to take look. I knew it wasn't​going to be cheap but when I saw the price I knew I wouldn't even afford a used one

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Gary1911A1
03-22-17, 14:01
I want one too. There is financing and some have lay-a-way, but with current obligations I feel better waiting.

MountainRaven
03-22-17, 14:26
I'm hoping for a 4.25" bushing model.

gaijin
03-22-17, 14:34
Reinventing the P-35/Browning HiPower.

Iv always maintained Bill Wilson is the best self marketer- the PT Barnum of the gun world.

WillBrink
03-22-17, 15:27
Do want...

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/EDC-X9-Non-Lightrail-Frame-Armor-Tuff-9mm/productinfo/EDCX-CP-9/

1911 style pistol from a highly reputable manufacturer with a double stack mag minus the huge honkin grip? What's not to like?

Yup. Me, I wanted a spec ops 9, which seemed darn close to being all things to all people, yet it didn't get traction with people. Like the 1911 and HP had a baby with a polymer frame. My short lived experience with one was love. But, it was costly but quality pistol from WC is what it is. Now discontinued, might be a collectors item some day with people wondering why they didn't make a whole lot more.

MountainRaven
03-22-17, 16:12
Reinventing the P-35/Browning HiPower.

Iv always maintained Bill Wilson is the best self marketer- the PT Barnum of the gun world.

This doesn't have any of the problems the Hi-Power, even semi-custom models like those offered by Nighthawk, have.

So, no, it's not a Hi-Power. It's a double-stack 1911.

jbjh
03-22-17, 16:39
He's reinventing his own KZ45.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

signal4l
03-22-17, 17:18
Wilson 9mm Commanders with a few upgrades are $3800. The EDC X9 is about a grand less. I want one

Biggy
03-22-17, 23:28
I'm sure its a very very nice pistol, but for $2895, I would rather have 6 soul less CZP10-C's at $475 a pop when they become available.

Wake27
03-23-17, 01:04
I'm hoping for a 4.25" bushing model.

I'd be more interested in this as well. I'm not a bull barrel fan.

GJM
03-23-17, 07:14
I sure am enjoying shooting a prototype X9, that Bill Wilson sent me to test. It is built around the 9mm cartridge and designed for the utmost reliability, using lessons learned by Wilson making a bunch of 9mm 1911 pistols over the years.

jerrysimons
03-23-17, 22:24
This doesn't have any of the problems the Hi-Power, even semi-custom models like those offered by Nighthawk, have.

So, no, it's not a Hi-Power. It's a double-stack 1911.

Except it has a tilt breach. This thing is amazing, a true hybrid design.

QuickStrike
03-24-17, 10:57
Maybe in a few years. The price is extremely hard to swallow for me considering I like having 2 of any gun I carry.

556BlackRifle
03-24-17, 11:11
Maybe in a few years. The price is extremely hard to swallow for me considering I like having 2 of any gun I carry.

This is pretty much how I feel about it. Maybe in a year or two but that price is keeping me away for now. And while I believe in the two is one theorem, I doubt I'll be doing that with this pistol if I pick one up at some point down the road.

ralph
03-24-17, 11:36
I'm sure its a very very nice pistol, but for $2895, I would rather have 6 soul less CZP10-C's at $475 a pop when they become available.

I could'nt agree more....

nml
03-24-17, 11:56
Can you guys not compare mass produced striker fired polymer guns to low production metal framed single action guns. Save everyone some grief.

Big A
03-24-17, 12:17
Can you guys not compare mass produced striker fired polymer guns to low production metal framed single action guns. Save everyone some grief.

"Yeah, That Pagani Huayra is really fast and all but this Toyota Camry is basically the same thing..."

Evel Baldgui
03-24-17, 12:47

Could not have said it better.

jstalford
03-24-17, 13:05
Why even come into a Wilson thread if that's how you feel though

WillBrink
03-24-17, 13:27
I'm missing something. This new pistol seems very much in line with the spec op 9, which was discontinued, I assume, due to poor sales, or some other reason? I thought the spec op 9 (other than the goofy name) was a win, giving a modern Wilson approach to the best of single action double stack 1911/BP goodness in 9mm. Seems many here much more enthusiastic about this new pistol than spec op 9. What am I missing here?

WillBrink
03-24-17, 13:29
Why even come into a Wilson thread if that's how you feel though

Similar to discussing nice watches and someone always has to post a comment they can't understand why anyone would spend X on a watch and their Timex does the same thing, yada yada.

signal4l
03-24-17, 15:46
I'm missing something. This new pistol seems very much in line with the spec op 9, which was discontinued, I assume, due to poor sales, or some other reason? I thought the spec op 9 (other than the goofy name) was a win, giving a modern Wilson approach to the best of single action double stack 1911/BP goodness in 9mm. Seems many here much more enthusiastic about this new pistol than spec op 9. What am I missing here?

I wondered why the SpecOps 9 didnt catch on. It seemed to be an excellent idea.

dwhitehorne
03-24-17, 17:41

SpecOps 9 and this new gun are awesome but most of us can't afford to play in the Wilson territory. David

WillBrink
03-24-17, 17:51

It may have been discounted due to other reasons I'm thinking. My understanding is the waiting time for one was 2 years.

Sensei
03-24-17, 22:46

Wilson seems to be investing more money into marketing this pistol. I think they are also banking on the renewed popularity for the 9mm round that is present even more today than just 2 years ago. In fact, just today I received LAV's email article declaring the caliber war over and 9mm the winner.

556BlackRifle
03-24-17, 23:49
Wilson seems to be investing more money into marketing this pistol. I think they are also banking on the renewed popularity for the 9mm round that is present even more today than just 2 years ago. In fact, just today I received LAV's email article declaring the caliber war over and 9mm the winner.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Wilson Combat isn't about to let that market segment go by. Just look at the Beretta custom parts and pistol mods they've been selling. The EDC X9 is a really cool pistol and I'm sure they'll sell a lot of them.

peruna
03-25-17, 07:51
"Yeah, That Pagani Huayra is really fast and all but this Toyota Camry is basically the same thing..."

Plus, I can have six of the Toyotas........

Big A
03-25-17, 09:23
Plus, I can have six of the Toyotas........
You guys crack me up, lol.

Some folks just don't get it and never will.

Pit
03-25-17, 09:29
My understanding on the SpecOps 9 was trouble with the reliability of outside vendors supplying parts. The new weapon other than mags are made in house.

JW

signal4l
03-25-17, 09:55
Iwas wondering if that was a reason for the demise of the Spec Ops. Wilson used to sell a double stack 45 called the "KZ". I believe those frames were made by IMI.

MSparks909
03-25-17, 16:35
I've owned Kimbers, Springfields, Colts (still own a TRP and several Colts) and own two 5" Wilson 1911s. One in 9mm and one in .45. They are truly a cut above when compared to several high end production 1911s I've owned over the past few years. No doubt the EDC X9 is a ton of money for a tool that theoretically does the same thing as any run-of-the mill polymer striker fired "wonder nine." But, and this is a big but, if the X9 is like my other Wilsons, I won't have to work nearly as hard to shoot it at a high level (for me) compared to a standard polymer service pistol.

For example, I typically shoot high 80s to low 90s on a NRA B8 bull @ 25Y from the holster in 30 seconds or less with my Glocks. Ten shot group. I can more or less do this on demand.

Conversely, when I took my CQB-E 9mm on its first range trip a few weeks ago, I shot a 98 with Wolf ammo. That was the second or third group I shot at 25Y with that gun. Ever. Conversely, I've got ~20K through Glocks over the past 2-3 years. I just plain don't have to work as hard to shoot my CQB well. It's just...easy.

If the X9 is anything like it's bigger brothers then I think I'll be very pleased. I've got one on order.

dirvo85
03-27-17, 02:19
If the X9 is anything like it's bigger brothers then I think I'll be very pleased. I've got one on order.

What's the lead time on an order?

opngrnd
03-27-17, 03:10
I concur with some of the above posts. The X9 would give a guy like me everything I like about 1911s and everything I like about Glocks in the same package.

MountainRaven
03-27-17, 12:04

For me, between my Wilson 1911 in 45 and my Agency G19, this could be my one pistol.

I'd be more interested in this as well. I'm not a bull barrel fan.

For me, it's not that I dislike bull barrels so much as I want a tool-free GI 1911 field strip. If they made it like a USP/P2000/P30, BHP, CZ 75, &c., that would be fine, too. But it looks like a bushingless bull barrel 1911. Which means tools. Which means... blech.

noonesshowmonkey
03-27-17, 12:51
I am honestly blown away that it took this long to produce a firearm like this. Everyone knows that the non-hinged 1911 trigger has a cult following (for a reason), but that the modern era has produced so many worthy technologies that make the 1911 a kind of pig by comparison. The Sig single action only competition pistols are a recognition of this phenomenon and need, but they, too, are burdened by serious heft and are relegated to target pistols.

Frankly, I am stunned that no one (besides I guess the Cz Omega P series) has tried to produce an SAO hammer fired polymer framed hand gun running on a modified 1911 trigger system. Maybe they have, and I am just profoundly ignorant.

There's clearly a market need.

My question is how does this compare to an Cz-P07/09 Omega trigger, especially one that has been set up in the SAO grouping, and has some Cajun Gun Works aftermarket parts. The Cz P-series are pretty slick.

MegademiC
03-27-17, 13:07

Yup, if you suck, you'll lose to a much better performer, hardware be damned.

It does look like a sweet pistol though.

MountainRaven
03-27-17, 16:40
Yup, if you suck, you'll lose to a much better performer, hardware be damned.

It does look like a sweet pistol though.

Michael Schumacher in a stock Toyota Camry versus James "Captain Slow" May in the Pagani at, say, Road America. Who wins?

MegademiC
03-27-17, 17:44
Michael Schumacher in a stock Toyota Camry versus James "Captain Slow" May in the Pagani at, say, Road America. Who wins?

I don't know but it's a terrible analogy. Most people cannot tap into the potential of a glock. Most drivers could realize the benefit of a better car because they practice every day.

Then again, people here are not "most people".

Actually, this is exactly what id like to see. A comparison vs a known baseline

nml
03-27-17, 22:01
The car analogy works. You can only drive one at a time. Pagani knows buyers don't want a Camry (or already have 1). The only thing the cars have in common is they drive you somewhere on 4 wheels and run on gasoline.

People on a car forum should be able to discuss expensive cars without people spamming about how they can buy 6 Toyotas instead. No shit I can do math too. This is not a $3000 Glock thread. I don't think I post in those though.

And the P10c is hardly a known baseline.

glocktogo
03-27-17, 22:30

Capt. Slow obviously. Sadly, Michael is probably never going to recover from his skiing accident. :(

BTW, most people probably couldn't successfully start a Pagani, much less get it off the line. ;)

Koshinn
03-28-17, 13:29
For me, between my Wilson 1911 in 45 and my Agency G19, this could be my one pistol.

For me, it's not that I dislike bull barrels so much as I want a tool-free GI 1911 field strip. If they made it like a USP/P2000/P30, BHP, CZ 75, &c., that would be fine, too. But it looks like a bushingless bull barrel 1911. Which means tools. Which means... blech.

I've had these exact thoughts too. I really want toolless take down.

I am honestly blown away that it took this long to produce a firearm like this. Everyone knows that the non-hinged 1911 trigger has a cult following (for a reason), but that the modern era has produced so many worthy technologies that make the 1911 a kind of pig by comparison. The Sig single action only competition pistols are a recognition of this phenomenon and need, but they, too, are burdened by serious heft and are relegated to target pistols.

Frankly, I am stunned that no one (besides I guess the Cz Omega P series) has tried to produce an SAO hammer fired polymer framed hand gun running on a modified 1911 trigger system. Maybe they have, and I am just profoundly ignorant.

There's clearly a market need.
There have been 9mm 2011s made for a long time... Many of them have polymer frames.

WillBrink
03-28-17, 14:57
There have been 9mm 2011s made for a long time... Many of them have polymer frames.

Unless I'm mistaken what he means, Wilson already had such a pistol in the Spec Op 9. I didn't love the ergos, but other then that, it was all you'd expect from a Wilson product in my view.

MSparks909
03-28-17, 21:32
The EDC X9 uses a tool-less guide rod. Per Wilson Combat Rep, the rod is 90% length and comes out of the slide like a Beretta or a Glock guide rod.

MountainRaven
03-29-17, 00:07
The EDC X9 uses a tool-less guide rod. Per Wilson Combat Rep, the rod is 90% length and comes out of the slide like a Beretta or a Glock guide rod.

Image is too small to read.

nick84
03-29-17, 02:17
I've always wanted a Wilson. Wouldn't have guessed that my first will be a 9mm though. Maybe I'll sell a dozen Glocks so some of you can have a glove box gun for every Camry you own.....

MSparks909
03-29-17, 08:32
Image is too small to read.

Ahh. My bad. Wilson Combat Rep stated "The gun has a toolless takedown - The rod is 90% length and comes in and out like a guide rod in a Glock or a Beretta."

Taken from pistol-forum's EDC X9 thread. Page 53 Post # 521.

graffex
03-29-17, 17:35
Non full size 1911, and in 9mm. No thanks.

MSparks909
03-29-17, 22:16
Non full size 1911, and in 9mm. No thanks.

Stuck in nostalgia are we?

yoni
03-30-17, 05:03
My question is, does this pistol give me anything a CZ P07 can't?

I own several high end pistols, so it isn't the money.

Bottom line for me is can I mount a red dot on it? If the answer is no. Then I am not interested, I have enough high end pistols that can have a red dot mounted on it. With old eyes, I can't shoot them to their full potential. So for me it would be like buying a super car and being limited to a 35mph speed limit.

But it is a cool looking pistol.

Koshinn
04-01-17, 00:57
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufw0vVcLfJc

Is the vibration of the rear sight under recoil something to worry about?

MountainRaven
04-01-17, 01:41
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufw0vVcLfJc

Is the vibration of the rear sight under recoil something to worry about?

Embed.

I assume the movement of the rear sight is due to the fact that it's an adjustable rear. (Haven't seen any high speed footage of any other handguns with adjustable rears, so I can't confirm.)

GJM
04-01-17, 04:37

As I understand it, the SpecOps was very difficult for Wilson to produce, and that rather than lack of demand was the issue with it. The X9 took lessons learned from the SpecOps, in production, design and continued advances in their pistols and the industry, to bring out this pistol. It also uses a proven MecGar magazine body from the PPQ, combined with Wilson guts, to avoid having to develop a new magazine and a new pistol.

graffex
04-01-17, 13:34
Stuck in nostalgia are we?

Nope. Not really a 1911 fan. Full size 45's are hard enough to keep running, I'd have little faith in a compact 9mm.

WillBrink
04-01-17, 14:16
As I understand it, the SpecOps was very difficult for Wilson to produce, and that rather than lack of demand was the issue with it. The X9 took lessons learned from the SpecOps, in production, design and continued advances in their pistols and the industry, to bring out this pistol. It also uses a proven MecGar magazine body from the PPQ, combined with Wilson guts, to avoid having to develop a new magazine and a new pistol.

Makes sense. Knowing the waiting list for a specop 9 was in years, it made little sense they'd stop production due to lack of sales. Maybe this is more specop v2 with a better name to boot.

MountainRaven
04-01-17, 14:22
Nope. Not really a 1911 fan. Full size 45's are hard enough to keep running, I'd have little faith in a compact 9mm.

Except this has little more in common with a 1911 than a CZ 75, P226, or USP does.

WillBrink
04-01-17, 14:35
Except this has little more in common with a 1911 than a CZ 75, P226, or USP does.

I was thinking Browning HP no? LAV has said Wilson has broken that barrier of compact 1911 based guns not being reliable. Someone had to do it, and if anyone would/could, it would be Wilson. Proof of concept wise, never heard a single complaint about the spec op 9 reliability wise.

MountainRaven
04-01-17, 14:45
I was thinking Browning HP no? LAV has said Wilson has broken that barrier of compact 1911 based guns not being reliable. Someone had to do it, and if anyone would/could, it would be Wilson. Proof of concept wise, never heard a single complaint about the spec op 9 reliability wise.

I would guess that the EDC X9 is more closely related to the 1911 than the BHP is, and that similarity is a result of the trigger mechanism alone. And that similarity in the trigger mechanism is what makes the EDC X9 more closely related to the 1911 than the CZ, P226, and USP, too.

MadAngler1
04-01-17, 15:08
Bill Wilson says he wanted a 9 mm high capacity 1911 style pistol with characteristics of the Browning BDM and Astra 7:

https://youtu.be/RfrHI11IvXA

I haven't shot either of those guns , but it looks like a good concept. I'll try to put my hands on one and see if the shorter frame suits me. I rather have a double stack 9 mm than a single stack 1911 9 mm.

Koshinn
04-01-17, 16:41

The EDC x9 uses ppq mags?

MSparks909
04-01-17, 16:43
The EDC x9 uses ppq mags?

PPQ Body. Different mag release cuts.

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-02-17, 02:24
PPQ Body. Different mag release cuts.

What about the follower? If it's just a mag release cut, you might have the ability to have one mag and two guns?

MSparks909
04-02-17, 21:38
What about the follower? If it's just a mag release cut, you might have the ability to have one mag and two guns?

I'm not sure on that.

MSparks909
04-02-17, 21:42
Per Bill Wilson from a post on 1911forum:

"To clear this up, the mag is a derivative of the proven Walther PPQ M2 mag and mfg by MecGar for us. Walther USA also being an Arkansas based company has been very helpful to us on this. The two mags will not interchange in either the PPQ or the X9. However a PPQ M2 mag tube could be modified to work, but it will require our base pad also to fit in the X9.

Initially only 15rd mags will be available, but a +2 version will be available later.

We expect first shipments of the EDC X9 to begin by the end of April and this will be largely dependent on when we get a quantity of magazines in stock. Guns will ship with 2 magazines."

turnburglar
04-03-17, 22:40
I EDC a glock 19 and don't like the idea of owning a handgun I can't carry (full size duty), and think its one of the best 'do it all guns' but if I wanted to drop 3k like some pole do on custom blocks or even other custom 1911's- this x9 would be IT!!

556BlackRifle
04-15-17, 01:08
I came across this today and thought some of you might enjoy seeing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3EefXG_Yck

CPM
04-15-17, 07:15
Per Bill Wilson from a post on 1911forum:

"To clear this up, the mag is a derivative of the proven Walther PPQ M2 mag and mfg by MecGar for us. Walther USA also being an Arkansas based company has been very helpful to us on this. The two mags will not interchange in either the PPQ or the X9. However a PPQ M2 mag tube could be modified to work, but it will require our base pad also to fit in the X9.

Initially only 15rd mags will be available, but a +2 version will be available later.

We expect first shipments of the EDC X9 to begin by the end of April and this will be largely dependent on when we get a quantity of magazines in stock. Guns will ship with 2 magazines."

Proprietary magazine? Go **** yourself, Bill. You seriously could make a single existing magazine work in this gun?

jstalford
04-15-17, 07:47
Dude gtfo. How man companies have made guns that aren't compatible with or needed modified versions of mags made by their own company. Let alone worrying about if they work in another companies gun. Jesus. It's a non issue.

_Stormin_
04-15-17, 08:06
I'm with jstalford on this one... Wilson is in no way obligated to make a proprietary pistol that somehow magically works with anyone else's mags.

556BlackRifle
04-15-17, 09:35
To me the proprietary mag is not an issue. We're not talking single stack 1911 here. Sounds like BW worked with one of the best magazine manufacturers in the world to modify an existing design to work with the geometry of this specific pistol. It's not like you can randomly swap mags between most double stack 9mm pistols. I know there is an exception to this rule but it's just that, an exception - not the rule.

tylerw02
04-15-17, 10:07
Proprietary magazine? Go **** yourself, Bill. You seriously could make a single existing magazine work in this gun?

This is a retarded statement.

Glock doesn't make guns that take Sig mags. HK doesn't make their pistols to accept Beretta mags. If you stand by this statement, you're an idiot.

redsnake
04-17-17, 14:46
I'd love to own one of these!! Maybe someday I will. I've been thinking about one of the custom BHP's and this would be around the same price range and of all the BHP vs 1911's I've shot, the 1911 always has a better feel and trigger in my hand. Can't wait till more of these are in shooters hands and some longevity and reliability reports are out.

CPM
04-18-17, 07:56
This is a retarded statement.

Glock doesn't make guns that take Sig mags. HK doesn't make their pistols to accept Beretta mags. If you stand by this statement, you're an idiot.

Keltec makes the 2000 line of carbines in different versions- Beretta, Glock, and Sig magazines. The Kriss Vector Carbines all take Glock Mags. It's not unheard of. I have no idea why when you're designing a new firearms you would want to design and manufacturer or source a brand new proprietary magazine when the market is saturated with both magazines and shooters who own them. It's one more cog in the machine.

The only reason why I can see that here is the mag release. Even then, it would seem easier to work the mag release instead of the magazines.

tylerw02
04-18-17, 08:55
Keltec makes the 2000 line of carbines in different versions- Beretta, Glock, and Sig magazines. The Kriss Vector Carbines all take Glock Mags. It's not unheard of. I have no idea why when you're designing a new firearms you would want to design and manufacturer or source a brand new proprietary magazine when the market is saturated with both magazines and shooters who own them. It's one more cog in the machine.

The only reason why I can see that here is the mag release. Even then, it would seem easier to work the mag release instead of the magazines.

All the big boys do. It's the small ball people that design their rigs for others.

jstalford
04-18-17, 10:02
Yeah I don't think Wilson is following the same business model as keltec...

WillBrink
04-18-17, 10:12

Keltec, nuff said there. Like comparing what Hyundai does compared to BMW. It's a new design not based on prior models and no reason to expect Wilson to build a gun around other companies mags. I can understand not wanting a gun with yet more mags that don't interchange with guns you own, but don't hold it against the company.

caporider
04-18-17, 16:20

Wilson Combat uses what is basically a slightly modified Walther PPQ M2 mag for the EDC X9. So the Wilson mag is technically proprietary, but it started out as a mag for an existing pistol.

https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=724969&page=12

Drifting Fate
04-18-17, 21:51
Keltec, nuff said there. Like comparing what Hyundai does compared to BMW.

Actually Hyundai/Genesis vs. Break My Wallet may not be the best comparison considering the longevity of each brand these days, but your point is well made. :D

I was hoping the EDC X9 would take Beretta 92 mags considering Wilson's affinity for the brand, but it is far from a make-or-break issue.

WillBrink
04-19-17, 09:42
Actually Hyundai/Genesis vs. Break My Wallet may not be the best comparison considering the longevity of each brand these days, but your point is well made. :D

I was hoping the EDC X9 would take Beretta 92 mags considering Wilson's affinity for the brand, but it is far from a make-or-break issue.

It's a propitiatory gun and new design, so I'd have no expectations of them taking into account mags of other prior designs per se.

dirvo85
05-06-17, 04:59
Has anybody gotten one of these yet? What's the lead time?

Mrgunsngear
05-06-17, 10:23
Has anybody gotten one of these yet? What's the lead time?

Talked to them at NRA because I want one :D. Basically they're expecting a bunch to be ready in the "weeks following NRA" so folks that preordered should see them going out any day.

dirvo85
05-06-17, 10:38
Talked to them at NRA because I want one :D. Basically they're expecting a bunch to be ready in the "weeks following NRA" so folks that preordered should see them going out any day.

That's awesome. Can't wait for you to review it!

Will you post a link to your review here? I'm subscribed. Just don't wanna miss it!

Robc1219
05-17-17, 13:34
I had one on pre-order. They are coming in now. My FFL guy had some without the rail. I'm waiting any day for mine with the rail. Can't wait

Grand58742
06-20-17, 07:36
Short review by Lucky Gunner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfOJWlkSbek

Big A
06-20-17, 08:21
Lol @ the 6:08 mark...

Sam
06-20-17, 08:45
I'd like to find a $10,000 KIA.

That gun sure recoiled a lot in that video.

QuickStrike
06-20-17, 13:27
The performance difference between a KIA vs. a corvette ain't like a glock 19 and this gun.

Until I see people winning action pistol comps with this gun I'm not convinced.

One can "oooh and ahh" about 1.5" accuracy and trigger, but glocks are still ferocious in competition without much modification.

This would have been more successful around $1,700-$2,000 IMO. Even all this hype ain't gonna sell that many.

tylerw02
06-20-17, 13:41
If somebody wins some competitions with a hipoint, does that make hipoint legit?

Action shooting is more about the shooter than the gear.

RHINOWSO
06-20-17, 16:01
Love the patented operator beard.

Great if you want a 1911ish 9MM. Wilson makes legit stuff.

I just don't know how high the demand will be for it.

tylerw02
06-20-17, 16:05
I think this is reasonable compared to the $2000-3000 Glock 19s but people typically start with a $500 Glock and it turns into a $2000 Glock over time. That's a rough pill swallow for me for the new Wilson. I'd love to have one, but it isn't for me.

glocktogo
06-20-17, 16:23

Quite frankly, if a WC custom pistol not taking other manufacturers mags is a deal breaker for you, then you weren't likely to buy one in the first place and WC isn't worried about complaints from people who weren't going to buy it in the first place. :)

WillBrink
06-20-17, 18:18
If it were anyone else but WC, I wouldn't be interested. If I was looking to get a premium quality 1911 based double stack 9mm pistol and willing to wait for it, I'd be all over this new gun. I was interested in the Spec Op 9 also which had similar comments from people about issues of mags, costs, etc. Someone explained why the Spec Op 9 went away and this new gun showed up some pages now, but I can't remember what they said about that. I do know it was not due to lack of demand for the Spec Op 9...

pag23
06-24-17, 17:51
If it were anyone else but WC, I wouldn't be interested. If I was looking to get a premium quality 1911 based double stack 9mm pistol and willing to wait for it, I'd be all over this new gun. I was interested in the Spec Op 9 also which had similar comments from people about issues of mags, costs, etc. Someone explained why the Spec Op 9 went away and this new gun showed up some pages now, but I can't remember what they said about that. I do know it was not due to lack of demand for the Spec Op 9...

I shot one today at the range.. WC were demoing their products....

In my opinion, it is a very high quality build and excellent ergos and grips. Shoots very smooth and is very accurate for an average shooter like me. Very little transfer of recoil to my hands. The serrations and checkering on the slide and handle are extremely well done.

Negatives: Price..and I don't care for the sights.. Novak would be better or a fiber optic with tritium insert for the front sight would help especially in low light. The safety is a bit larger than I would prefer but isn't a deal breaker..

Overall I was very impressed by it...

NewWaveGuy
06-25-17, 11:22
I'd like to find a $10,000 KIA.

That gun sure recoiled a lot in that video.
Me too! I LOVED my two Kias! I ran the wheels off of them!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

cpoth
07-03-17, 20:18
Anyone get one of these yet? It looked to me like there were reports shipments started. Mine is currently about a 10 month wait. Just curious if they started moving to customers.

Thanks

Sam
07-03-17, 20:35
Several people at the 1911forum said they received theirs, some even posted range reports.

gaijin
07-03-17, 20:40
Bill Wilson has succeeded in reinventing the P-35/Browning Hi-Power.
His EDC X9 will likely be a resounding success, but I am unimpressed with it.

cpoth
07-03-17, 20:51
Ok thanks Sam, sorry I missed that.

MountainRaven
07-03-17, 22:21
Bill Wilson has succeeded in reinventing the P-35/Browning Hi-Power.
His EDC X9 will likely be a resounding success, but I am unimpressed with it.

Except without a lot of the things that made (and make) the P-35 stupid: Magazine disconnect safety, inconsistent trigger pull, indistinct and vague reset, &c.

Ballistic Agency
07-06-17, 22:06

I'm at 4,000 rounds through mine with no issues. I think you're projecting problems from other guns on to this one.

Sam
07-07-17, 15:48
A friend just picked his up from his Wilson dealer. He ordered the gun in early April. I am hoping to test the gun out and compare it with my Hi Power to see what the excitement is all about. I won't be buying one no matter how great it is. Nothing against the gun, I just don't have $2900.

pag23
07-08-17, 16:52
A friend just picked his up from his Wilson dealer. He ordered the gun in early April. I am hoping to test the gun out and compare it with my Hi Power to see what the excitement is all about. I won't be buying one no matter how great it is. Nothing against the gun, I just don't have $2900.

It is a sweet shooting gun and high quality components...the issue for me is the sights and of course the price...

cop1211
09-21-17, 10:08
I just fell into a Wilson EDC 9x, new in box, should be here Tuesday, I can't decide if I'm keeping it, or selling it. I just bought 4 Sigs a few days before, with plans to upgrade those, I've also got 3 Glocks I need to finish.

WillBrink
09-21-17, 10:52

Worth is subjective to be sure, and a Wilson 1911 worth the $, but 3k for a gun that does not really offer something a long list of current polymer wonder pistols don't offer now, is very difficult to justify, unless $ is not an issue. This would be a "just cuz I want one" purchase, and there's nothing wrong with that either as long as one is being honest with ones self. I could wear a Timex to tell time, but I wear a Tudor, so...