PDA

View Full Version : Magpul Loops on Magpul Mags

marylandsniper
09-24-08, 08:38
Can you put magpul looks on Magpul mags and will they work similar to standard mags?

markm
09-24-08, 08:45
The rubber ones? Yes. That's what they were originally designed for.

The Ranger version? That's available specifically for standard mags too.

adh
09-24-08, 08:45
Can you put magpul looks on Magpul mags and will they work similar to standard mags?

If what you mean is can you pu a regular 5.56 magpul on a magpul Pmag the answer is yes (I've have a few of mine done up this way). How well do they work? I can't really say as I haven't done any training/range time (actually never had any formalized training[working on that] and get little range time these days:mad:)

marylandsniper
09-24-08, 08:51
Yes, I am referring to the rubber slip-over loope. No the ranger plate. Thanks for your replys :D

Since the base plate is slightly oversized on the magpul mags I just wanted to know if they fit as well at the ones on standard USGI mags. Honestly, I always have used electrical tape and para cord, even on the p-mags. Old habits die hard....

http://www.magpul.com/catalog/images/mp556.jpg

Failure2Stop
09-24-08, 09:16
While you can, I find them unnecessary on PMags.

If you do have trouble pulling a PMag from a pouch, I have found the PMag Ranger Plate to be more than adequate for accessability. I have also found that overlaping the outside base plate lip on top of the inside magazine's base plate lip makes for very fast and positive location and draw of the mag without snagging the inside mag.

But that's just me.

Shihan
09-24-08, 12:42
While you can, I find them unnecessary on PMags.

If you do have trouble pulling a PMag from a pouch, I have found the PMag Ranger Plate to be more than adequate for accessability. I have also found that overlaping the outside base plate lip on top of the inside magazine's base plate lip makes for very fast and positive location and draw of the mag without snagging the inside mag.

But that's just me.

Thats what I do.

MX5
09-24-08, 12:56
The original Magpul 'loops' work as designed for USGI & similar type mags - however they can also be used on PMags if desired.