PDA

View Full Version : USDA Wildlife Service Cyanide Bomb Kills Dog and Injures Boy

Sensei
03-23-17, 07:55
Now, this shit is about as stupid as an acre of fungus.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/21/usda-must-rethink-cyanide-bombs-that-injured-boy-killed-pets-lawmaker-says.html

The US Wildlife Service has planted a bunch of the chemical IEDs around populated areas frequented by children and pets. In this case there was no signs, no warning - just a bang and the kid and dog were covered in cyanide. Multiple dogs have been killed. Better yet, it appears that some were planted on private property without the owner's knowledge.

Could someone please post the name, address, and picture of the person who thought this was a good idea.

Averageman
03-23-17, 08:04
I read that yesterday. Amazing story, I believe the kid was hit in the face with the spray as he and the dog approached it. I'm surprised it didn't kill him.
It would appear the family isn't getting a lot of support from the agency who came up with this bright idea.
Pretty damned sick.

WillBrink
03-23-17, 08:23
Wow, the mother of stupid ideas. That's gonna cost them (which means us as it's our tax $ that funds them) a lot of $. No signs, on private land, etc WTF?

Arik
03-23-17, 08:49
Article says they're supposed to go off when an animal pulls on them. So how are they going off by themselves?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

WillBrink
03-23-17, 08:51
Article says they're supposed to go off when an animal pulls on them. So how are they going off by themselves?

I assume they are baited and the dog pulled on it. I could be wrong, and perhaps some just defective? No one could be stupid enough to have them go off due to proximity, could they?

Sensei
03-23-17, 08:52

I'm not sure they are going off by themselves. It sounds like people's pets are attracted to the bait and setting them off. That by itself is a big problem. It's an even bigger problem when that pet has a leash...held by a child.

Arik
03-23-17, 08:54
I assume they are baited and the dog pulled on it. I could be wrong, and perhaps some just defective? No one could be stupid enough to have them go off due to proximity, could they?
Up until the article said the device is bated and the animal pulls on it I was thinking it was a proximity device. The whole time I'm thinking WTF ...NO WAY!

Arik
03-23-17, 08:57
I'm not sure they are going off by themselves. It sounds like people's pets are attracted to the bait and setting them off. That by itself is a big problem. It's an even bigger problem when that pet has a leash...held by a child.
I guess the article should have explained it better or I just didn't have enough coffee.

".....Days earlier, a family walking in an area 52 miles northwest of Casper, Wyo., lost two dogs from an M-44 that detonated near a hiking trail they have walked for 20 years....."

This makes it sound like a proximity detonation

Averageman
03-23-17, 09:04
The Mother of stupid ideas brought to you by people who would likely be very offended if you suggested opening Federal Land to people who would hunt and kill the same coyotes with guns.

Dist. Expert 26
03-23-17, 10:05
Next we'll be planting Bouncing Betty mines to curb the deer population.

I mean honestly, what the actual f**k? Who comes up with this stuff, drunk Lcpl's? Let's plant literal IEDs in pubic areas with no warning signs whatsoever. You know, because Wile-e Coyote can read.

lowprone
03-23-17, 10:49
They spend hundreds of thousands for aircraft to hunt coyotes from air, hundreds more for hangers and maintenance,
and resort to this great freaking idea.

Sensei
03-23-17, 11:03
What's even worse, coyotes are part of the problem; they are a solution...

http://journals.lww.com/em-news/Fulltext/2006/02000/If_Coyotes_Were_as_Big_as_Minivans.8.aspx

Averageman
03-23-17, 11:18

http://journals.lww.com/em-news/Fulltext/2006/02000/If_Coyotes_Were_as_Big_as_Minivans.8.aspx

And that link Good Sir was truly, truly EPIC !

Mr. Goodtimes
03-23-17, 11:20
This is absolutely ****ing retarded. The genius behind this brilliant plan needs to go to jail. This is unacceptable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sensei
03-23-17, 11:34
And that link Good Sir was truly, truly EPIC !

Edwin is a colleague of mine and a very talented doctor and writer. His contributions to our literature largely focus on the human condition. He once wrote an article describing why emergency docs are avid shooters, and went on to describe the types of weapons typically found in our homes (SBR in the bedroom, Glock 19s in most rooms, etc.). You probably felt the earth move a little as 10,000 pediatrician's heads simultaneously exploded the day it was published. Seriously, people were calling for his job.

Anyway, if you liked that one, then check out this from him: http://edwinleap.com/missionary-to-emergistan/

Buckaroo
03-23-17, 11:46
We just moved into Pocatello, ID and purchased acreage that backs up to USFS land. I am watching this pretty closely to see what changes come from this rather high profile event.
Reminds me of the Colorado mine waste water debacle.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

usmcvet
03-23-17, 12:24
Edwin is a colleague of mine and a very talented doctor and writer. His contributions to our literature largely focus on the human condition. He once wrote an article describing why emergency docs are avid shooters, and went on to describe the types of weapons typically found in our homes (SBR in the bedroom, Glock 19s in most rooms, etc.). You probably felt the earth move a little as 10,000 pediatrician's heads simultaneously exploded the day it was published. Seriously, people were calling for his job.

Anyway, if you liked that one, then check out this from him: http://edwinleap.com/missionary-to-emergistan/

Thanks for sharing http://edwinleap.com/missionary-to-emergistan/ it was a great article. I've been a cop since 1992. I've spent many hours in the ER with folks I've arrested or taken in for mental health screening. I love the folks who run the ER. They're good people. The system is messed up.

Dienekes
03-23-17, 12:24
"Anyway, if you liked that one, then check out this from him: http://edwinleap.com/missionary-to-emergista"

Wow.

jpmuscle
03-23-17, 13:12
See, stuff like this only reaffirms my hatred of humanity.

Should have voted for the giant meteor...

SteyrAUG
03-23-17, 13:45
Now, this shit is about as stupid as an acre of fungus.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/21/usda-must-rethink-cyanide-bombs-that-injured-boy-killed-pets-lawmaker-says.html

The US Wildlife Service has planted a bunch of the chemical IEDs around populated areas frequented by children and pets. In this case there was no signs, no warning - just a bang and the kid and dog were covered in cyanide. Multiple dogs have been killed. Better yet, it appears that some were planted on private property without the owner's knowledge.

Could someone please post the name, address, and picture of the person who thought this was a good idea.

So if a private individual left cyanide bombs around, wouldn't that be terrorism? Can you imagine if these same devices were deployed on the southern border? But by all means go ahead and put them where regular folks can trip across them.

If you want to knock down the coyote population issue free hunting permits.

SomeOtherGuy
03-23-17, 13:56
So if a private individual left cyanide bombs around, wouldn't that be terrorism? Can you imagine if these same devices were deployed on the southern border? But by all means go ahead and put them where regular folks can trip across them.

I'm about 100% sure these would be considered chemical WMD if an individual built or used them, which would mean decades in prison in any typical prosecution.

Yet somehow the dumbest people on the planet though it OK to plant them near people's houses. I would be OK with those idiots spending decades in prison to consider their stupidity.

Averageman
03-23-17, 13:57
Bring back bounties and open Federal Land.
I trapped on private land in Arizona for a few winters in the late 70's. It was pretty easy to see that the coyotes were getting calves because their scat had cow hide/hair in it. The calves that weren't taken, all the coyotes got was a good hold on them only lost a tail.

Sensei
03-23-17, 14:28

Good luck with that. You're talking about the only pack hunter whose range encompasses major metropolitan areas on all the continents except Antarctica. In fact, my lab has a DOD grant to create a genetically engineered coyote with enhanced size a strength. At first, they wanted a cat species because they are more lethal per pound, but the resilience of the coyote eventually won out - they've got staying power. So far, we have a couple that tip the scales at 600 kg. The RFP specified a number and genetic diversity to be self-sustaining across an ecosystem; we estimate 230 +/-. I'd say that we would easily meet the target date in 2018, but my technicians keep mysteriously disappearing...go figure.

MountainRaven
03-23-17, 16:16

In Montana, at least, coyotes are considered a varmint and no permitting is required to shoot them.

Firefly
03-23-17, 16:32
Cyanide bombing our children and pets are cool to cull wildlife yet APERS mines and Free Fire Zones are "bad" for border control.

If you want coyotes dead, just get some rednecks with suppressed ARs and NODS. They will PAY YOU for the privilege.

SteyrAUG
03-23-17, 16:51
Cyanide bombing our children and pets are cool to cull wildlife yet APERS mines and Free Fire Zones are "bad" for border control.

If you want coyotes dead, just get some rednecks with suppressed ARs and NODS. They will PAY YOU for the privilege.

Pretty much.

MegademiC
03-23-17, 17:40
Curious what compound was used.

Everyone involved with the decision to deploy these should probably have a psych test.

On a related note, cyanide doesn't cause suffocation. It stops your body from using oxygen at the cellular (molecular) level.

Kain
03-23-17, 17:58
it is sad that the article in the OP surprises me not at all? I mean, with the government that we have, I'm actually surprised someone has recommended arch light strikes on the wild pig population while in the same breath condemning hunters for wanting to eliminate them.

Good luck with that. You're talking about the only pack hunter whose range encompasses major metropolitan areas on all the continents except Antarctica. In fact, my lab has a DOD grant to create a genetically engineered coyote with enhanced size a strength. At first, they wanted a cat species because they are more lethal per pound, but the resilience of the coyote eventually won out - they've got staying power. So far, we have a couple that tip the scales at 600 kg. The RFP specified a number and genetic diversity to be self-sustaining across an ecosystem; we estimate 230 +/-. I'd say that we would easily meet the target date in 2018, but my technicians keep mysteriously disappearing...go figure.

600 kg? :blink: That is a big ****ing furball.

Sensei
03-23-17, 19:05
:jester:Jesus people. Read the article in post #12. I'm joking about the mutant coyotes. However, the article is well worth your time.

ABNAK
03-23-17, 19:16
:jester:Jesus people. Read the article in post #12. I'm joking about the mutant coyotes. However, the article is well worth your time.

You wouldn't be allowed to talk about it even if it did exist. You think you're pulling a fast-one, eh pal? You have just landed yourself on the IC's "review the last 5 year's info" file. Congratulations......:rolleyes:

Sensei
03-23-17, 19:36
You wouldn't be allowed to talk about it even if it did exist. You think you're pulling a fast-one, eh pal? You have just landed yourself on the IC's "review the last 5 year's info" file. Congratulations......:rolleyes:

Dude, I had a great response typed up talking about our preliminary ballistic testing suggesting that their hide and skull could withstand M855, all Russian 7.62x39, and all but AP .308. I was even going to tell him that we added velociraptor DNA, and one of "my yotes" took a polar bear apart in under 30 seconds during ferocity testing. In the end, I just didn't have the heart.

ABNAK
03-23-17, 19:46
Dude, I had a great response typed up talking about our preliminary ballistic testing suggesting that their hide and skull could withstand M855, all Russian 7.62x39, and all but AP .308. I was even going to tell him that we added velociraptor DNA, and one of "my yotes" took a polar bear apart in under 30 seconds during ferocity testing. In the end, I just didn't have the heart.

You are a threat to national security. Be careful where you walk your dogs, as the cyanide % will be kicked up considerably! Just for you.

Kain
03-23-17, 20:22

We are definitely on the same page there, initially was planning on trolling your post hard as hell, I was going to start dropping shit from the Jurassic park movies, "eating enemies belt buckle and all did come to mind," but honestly, lacked the energy after the day I had(Check out post in other thread) and general lack of sleep. If I knew you were going to play it though well I might have shotguned a pot of expresso and gone to work.

williejc
03-23-17, 20:46
I remembered reading about cyanide traps more than 50 years ago. A device called a "Coyote Getter" had been in use since the 1930s and used a .38 Spl cartridge loaded with a cyanide mixture. Considered hazardous, it was replaced with the current trap in the 1960s. So this trick is nothing new.

usmcvet
03-23-17, 23:24
In Montana, at least, coyotes are considered a varmint and no permitting is required to shoot them.

There is no closed season in VT. You need a license to hunt them. One of the few things we're allowed to hunt at night with lights!

Hell I'd pay to be able to do that that!

Moose-Knuckle
03-24-17, 03:10
I remembered reading about cyanide traps more than 50 years ago. A device called a "Coyote Getter" had been in use since the 1930s and used a .38 Spl cartridge loaded with a cyanide mixture. Considered hazardous, it was replaced with the current trap in the 1960s. So this trick is nothing new.

I'm surprised there haven't been more incidents like the one linked in the OP.

"We're from the government and we're here to help."

Sensei
03-24-17, 06:56

Yep. Nobody said that stupid was a recent invention. Ten bucks says that the people who placed these have no records of where or how many.

williejc
03-24-17, 09:48
I guess the problem can be compared to the 1000,000s of land mines left over from various wars.

About killing coyotes, the thought just hit me that is that our efforts may be thinning the population just enough to keep it healthy. If natural selection is in play, the more intelligent ones survive.

It is said that wild horses reached pest status yet they are untouchable. I wonder whether or not hogs and dogs will become untouchable.

lowprone
03-24-17, 14:40
Coyotes not withstanding the Canadian grey's that breed with wolves in Montana/Wyoming are truly large.

03-24-17, 16:06
We live out west. The 'yotes are definitely larger than back east. Glassing through UT, MT, and CO has let me see some at a distance that are blackish-grey and had to be pushing 60lbs. Maybe some wolf DNA mixed in.

As lowprone says, there are plenty of reports of very large coyotes. Don't worry about them when in the bush though. Mtn. Lions are what worry me as well as running into a moose with young. Friends mother was recently attacked by a moose in her backyard. Severely injured. Months of recovery. Also seems like rattlers are all over. Thank goodness for my fury killing machine cat.

WickedWillis
03-24-17, 17:07

I believe we do it the same in Idaho as well

WickedWillis
03-24-17, 17:10
We live out west. The 'yotes are definitely larger than back east. Glassing through UT, MT, and CO has let me see some at a distance that are blackish-grey and had to be pushing 60lbs. Maybe some wolf DNA mixed in.

As lowprone says, there are plenty of reports of very large coyotes. Don't worry about them when in the bush though. Mtn. Lions are what worry me as well as running into a moose with young. Friends mother was recently attacked by a moose in her backyard. Severely injured. Months of recovery. Also seems like rattlers are all over. Thank goodness for my fury killing machine cat.

Mountain Lions really shouldn't worry you. I lived in NW Montana for almost 12 years growing up in the mountains and I have never had the pleasure of seeing one. They only become an issue when people are building into their natural habitats and effecting their food sources, like in California.

williejc
03-24-17, 17:24
Being nocturnal and secretive, they are seldom seen. In Central Texas they are occasionally reported. Some say that one is seen in Waco's city limits from time to time. I wonder if reports of sightings are accurate.

Buckaroo
03-24-17, 18:16
http://www.kpvi.com/news/local_news/bannock-county-investigators-say-cyanide-traps-are-being-made-or/article_ef688106-1027-11e7-b48f-e7f2852f15cf.html
"It’s been a week since a Pocatello family lost their dog from a cyanide trap, and in just a week Bannock County is investigating the incident.

A week ago the Mansfield family not only lost their dog, but came close to losing their 14-year-old son after he touched a cyanide trap, three hundred yards behind their house. Sheriff Nielsen says, "The doctor who did CPR and his kids and his family also had to go to the ERA to be examined. Justify why that should be in our community?"

Unknown to anyone the trap, meant to kill predators, was placed on Bureau Land of Management (BLM) land and the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). "I've got people coming out to me while I'm eating and saying ‘Sheriff we've got to do something about this...’ and they're correct,” Nielsen said.

Concerned residents are some reasons why the sheriff’s office is investigating the incident. *Nielsen says, "Is the practice justified by data and by fact rather than something we've just been doing for a long, long time? And those are the issues that we are going to work out."

So far in their investigation, they’ve discovered that the cyanide traps are being made or assembled in Pocatello. Nielsen says "It [the building or warehouse] is leased out, operated or contracted by the USDA."

glocktogo
03-24-17, 19:18
http://www.kpvi.com/news/local_news/bannock-county-investigators-say-cyanide-traps-are-being-made-or/article_ef688106-1027-11e7-b48f-e7f2852f15cf.html
"It’s been a week since a Pocatello family lost their dog from a cyanide trap, and in just a week Bannock County is investigating the incident.

A week ago the Mansfield family not only lost their dog, but came close to losing their 14-year-old son after he touched a cyanide trap, three hundred yards behind their house. Sheriff Nielsen says, "The doctor who did CPR and his kids and his family also had to go to the ERA to be examined. Justify why that should be in our community?"

Unknown to anyone the trap, meant to kill predators, was placed on Bureau Land of Management (BLM) land and the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). "I've got people coming out to me while I'm eating and saying ‘Sheriff we've got to do something about this...’ and they're correct,” Nielsen said.

Concerned residents are some reasons why the sheriff’s office is investigating the incident. *Nielsen says, "Is the practice justified by data and by fact rather than something we've just been doing for a long, long time? And those are the issues that we are going to work out."

So far in their investigation, they’ve discovered that the cyanide traps are being made or assembled in Pocatello. Nielsen says "It [the building or warehouse] is leased out, operated or contracted by the USDA."

If I were said Sheriff, I'd go to the USDA office and politely request the trap records and to interview the agent who placed them. If they refused, I'd get a search warrant and arrest warrant for the records and agent.

Placing those traps wasn't a LE op so qualified immunity doesn't apply. It was criminal negligence that lead to grave bodily harm, so someone needs to pay. :mad:

03-24-17, 19:29
Mountain Lions really shouldn't worry you. I lived in NW Montana for almost 12 years growing up in the mountains and I have never had the pleasure of seeing one. They only become an issue when people are building into their natural habitats and effecting their food sources, like in California.

They seem to be seen frequently in my AO. We had a large male tranqued while in a tree in the middle of town several months ago. Just about 1/4 mile away from where we live, a male took residence under a house for a while. I've spent my whole life in the woods and anyone that spends a significant amt. of time in the outdoors(and is not an idiot) will develop a good sense of the woods. I'm quite sure I've been watched one more than one occasion where I hike/roam. Spider sense was going crazy. The only other times I've been uncomfortable have been in the NC mtns. in Joyce Kilmer Wilderness; some of the most harsh and remote terrain on the east coast. Those times I'm fairly certain the eyes were on two legs. The other time was in WV when I turned a corner on a trail and came across fresh, steaming bear scat with fresh tracks in the mud. Huge scat full of deer hair. My guesstimate for size is around 250-300lbs. Park didn't allow weapons and I decided to not bring spray. Did a 180 and beat feet.

26 Inf
03-24-17, 21:44
I turned a corner on a trail and came across fresh, steaming bear scat with fresh tracks in the mud. Huge scat full of deer hair. My guesstimate for size is around 250-300lbs. Park didn't allow weapons and I decided to not bring spray. Did a 180 and beat feet.

Here are some tips when in bear country:

Be alert for bears and take extra precautions to avoid an encounter.

Park visitors should wear little bells on their clothes so they make noise when hiking. The bell noise allows bears to hear them coming from a distance and not be startled by a hiker accidentally sneaking up on them. This might cause a bear to charge.

Visitors should also carry a pepper spray can just in case a bear is encountered. Spraying the pepper into the air will irritate the bear's sensitive nose and it will run away.

It is also a good idea to keep an eye out for fresh bear scat so you have an idea if bears are in the area. People should be able to recognize the difference between black bear and grizzly bear scat. Black bear droppings are smaller and often contain berries, leaves, and possibly bits of fur. Grizzly bear droppings tend to contain small bells and smell of pepper.

T2C
03-24-17, 22:23

Bulletdog
03-25-17, 00:24
Hell I'd pay to be able to do that that!

Well if the shoe fits…

rocsteady
03-25-17, 07:03
Well, first Sensei's minivan-sized coyotes article has me laughing out loud while waiting for my car to get serviced, then the line about grizzly scat with little bells and smelling of pepper put me into that "trying not to laugh in the library in grade school" mode. Thanks for brightening my morning gents.

And by the way, I'd also pay for the suppressed NV coyote hunting, in case any entrepreneurs are reading this thread.

Averageman
03-25-17, 08:39
Being nocturnal and secretive, they are seldom seen. In Central Texas they are occasionally reported. Some say that one is seen in Waco's city limits from time to time. I wonder if reports of sightings are accurate.

I was working with someone who claims to have seen one on Fort Hood.
He was Driving on North Nolan Road near BLORA at the time he claimed he saw it and it was on the edge of a hill under a Ceder Tree looking down over the valley. I thought the guy was nuts, I did a little research and although very rare apparently the have been spotted here from time to time.
Coyotes used to come out of the Hollywood hills and go downtown to scavenge at night. You could see them cautiously avoid contact or movement and cut across the roads in search of dinner.
I lived in the Gila Valley in Arizona as a young man and we would occasionally have Black Bears in the garbage. The were moving off of Mount Graham and would saunter through the valley like they owned it. I think they were young guys travelling to a less bear populated range across the valley.
Wildlife does what it does to continue to live, we just are lucky when we can observe and enjoy it.

Moose-Knuckle
03-26-17, 05:10
I'd also pay for the suppressed NV coyote hunting, in case any entrepreneurs are reading this thread.

You need to plan a hunting safari in TX, here coyotes and hogs are classfied as "nuisance fur-bearing animals" and may be hunted without a license. Many outfitters have helicopters, NVDs, and suppressed rifle packages available.

RazorBurn
03-26-17, 12:43

Thanks for posting those links to his articles!

Buckaroo
03-26-17, 12:56
http://www.kpvi.com/news/local_news/kpvi-learns-more-about-cyanide-factory-in-pocatello/article_3fdff126-10e3-11e7-9161-0b3023f4d07f.html

A follow up to a story we first brought you on Thursday. Last week a 14-year-old boy was exposed to the lethal gas cyanide and the family dog died from it. After an investigation by Bannock County they’ve recently discovered the devices are being made in Pocatello.* It’s only been a week since the 14-year-old boy triggered a cyanide trap behind his house. The spewing orange gas could have killed him, but killed his dog instead. Questions and concerns continue to fill the minds of many county residents. Bannock County Sheriff Lorin Nielsen says, "The more I dig on this, the more concern I get on why is this even being done?"

glocktogo
03-26-17, 21:04
http://www.kpvi.com/news/local_news/kpvi-learns-more-about-cyanide-factory-in-pocatello/article_3fdff126-10e3-11e7-9161-0b3023f4d07f.html

A follow up to a story we first brought you on Thursday. Last week a 14-year-old boy was exposed to the lethal gas cyanide and the family dog died from it. After an investigation by Bannock County they’ve recently discovered the devices are being made in Pocatello.* It’s only been a week since the 14-year-old boy triggered a cyanide trap behind his house. The spewing orange gas could have killed him, but killed his dog instead. Questions and concerns continue to fill the minds of many county residents. Bannock County Sheriff Lorin Nielsen says, "The more I dig on this, the more concern I get on why is this even being done?"

Nielsen needs to be conducting a criminal investigation on that USDA office!

cbx
03-26-17, 22:58
I believe we do it the same in Idaho as well
This is correct. Fire at will assuming you don't break any Muni or state laws regarding discharge of firearms.

cbx
03-26-17, 23:03
And by the way, I'd also pay for the suppressed NV coyote hunting, in case any entrepreneurs are reading this thread.

Lol..... $1,000 a night. Come on down! Bring a few cases of beers or at least two schlits.. we may or may not end up in Nevada before dawn.....

cbx
03-26-17, 23:35
Nielsen needs to be conducting a criminal investigation on that USDA office!

Ha ha...... Good luck with that one. I know an have had the pleasure with dealing with USDA on various levels. Lotta derp in that organization. Some real tards in Forest service and blm here too.

Oh the stories I could tell. Especially a few weeks ago snowmobiling...... That Forest service cop was a real dink.....

Some friends and I were up snowmobiling and it was a complete blizzard that day. Total whiteout conditions. Apparently some newbies that had no gear or skills or wit about them got lost up there. One of the lost in the party was smart enough to send a text out with their location. So County and Forest Service dispatch to search and rescue.(unknown to us) I'm in the parking lot and, with my buddies, we have a few beers. Waiting around, trying to get more man power there for a search party. Search and rescue shows up with two guys. 1 Forest Service, one County. Both were pissed to be there naturally on a Sunday afternoon. So me and a course my other two buddies are there, geared up, ready for hell and back on snowmobiles. With enough food, supplies, fireball and waterproof shit on our backs to hang out for a hell of a long time up there in mountains. We offer to go help because the mom was there and complete panic in the parking lot and couldn't get herself together earlier, so we waited around. Dad was an idiot too.... whole situation was stupid.... Of course the bleeding heart and always getting boned for it in me "feels" bad and wants to help. Karma and all that...

This was before search rescue showed up. When S&R showed up, the forest service guy jumps out of his truck, straps all the shit on like he's getting ready for a gunfight in Fallujah. Only thing he is missing was a mark 18 to complete his ensemble. We offered help, I tell him we got full supplies radios and ready to ride. I also mention before knowing they already knew where they were that I think have a pretty good idea where they're at based on the dad's info. Just need more men for the effort.

He looks at us like we're felonious ****ing criminals that says have you guys been drinking?

Oh I was pissed. We waited for over an hour killing time in my trailer.. In shit weather hanging out trying to be Good Samaritans..... I was the only mother****er up there that knew my way around, cause I don't know, I ride the holy **** out of that entire range...... When the whole damn place was empty....... Yet Captain ****ing America thinks I'm the problem, not the dipshits that were lost with no food, no water, no radios, Kmart clothes, and sleds that were shit even in their hayday..... even just a hey, **** yeah I could really use your help, since you guys actually look like you know what your doing and we don't from him would have been nice..... Thanks for stepping up and all that shit..... Oh no.... We're the problem...... Is it out of your system....??? Assholes......

Point is guys, my state is full of retards, in all of these organizations.... Don't assume the experts here actually know WTF their doing..... Dumb stuff like cyanide bombs....Some genius at Dept of Agriculture is super smarts... some real shining stars at the state level too.

What a bunch of dickheads..... Cyanide bombs.... Lol... Thank goodness the kid is ok.

SteyrAUG
03-27-17, 01:19
What a bunch of dickheads..... Cyanide bombs.... Lol... Thank goodness the kid is ok.

The kid survived, not sure if that amounts to "ok." That shit might have taken years off of his life expectancy. Again, if we did this on the US / American border there would be screams of AMERICAN AUSCHWITZ, but by all means do it in Idaho on private property without informing the owners.

Also gotta love their LAMO "but we've been doing it for years" freaking excuse. And yeah, 100% agree, just because they have a pickup truck with a gov. logo on the door doesn't mean they know jack about anything.

Buckaroo
03-28-17, 22:30
Cyanide device on US land near Pocatello broke agency policy

http://www.idahostatesman.com/latest-news/article141292533.html
An Agriculture Department document said the agency would stop using the devices last November on all federally owned Idaho land to reduce health risks to people and domestic animals.

Moose-Knuckle
03-29-17, 03:47
I'm surprised the EPA hasn't fined the USDA out of existence over this.

Oh the irony . . .

Buckaroo
04-11-17, 08:36
USDA stops use of cyanide bombs in Idaho
http://www.kpvi.com/news/local_news/usda-stops-use-of-cyanide-bombs-in-idaho/article_c9345f4a-1e65-11e7-92c4-93dc7ecbb040.html

The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Wildlife Services program announced Monday it has abandoned use of M-44 cyanide bombs in Idaho in response to a petition filed by 19 conservation and wildlife organizations two weeks ago.

In a letter transmitted to conservation groups today, the USDA agency Wildlife Services announced that it has ceased the use of M-44 cyanide bombs on all private, state, and federal lands in Idaho, and has removed all M-44s that were deployed in the state.

glocktogo
04-11-17, 13:54
USDA stops use of cyanide bombs in Idaho
http://www.kpvi.com/news/local_news/usda-stops-use-of-cyanide-bombs-in-idaho/article_c9345f4a-1e65-11e7-92c4-93dc7ecbb040.html

The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Wildlife Services program announced Monday it has abandoned use of M-44 cyanide bombs in Idaho in response to a petition filed by 19 conservation and wildlife organizations two weeks ago.

In a letter transmitted to conservation groups today, the USDA agency Wildlife Services announced that it has ceased the use of M-44 cyanide bombs on all private, state, and federal lands in Idaho, and has removed all M-44s that were deployed in the state.

Great. Now what are they going to do to make that family whole? :(

SomeOtherGuy
04-11-17, 14:22
Great. Now what are they going to do to make that family whole? :(

Vouchers on United to fly to Kentucky and get a new puppy?

glocktogo
04-11-17, 14:42

LOL

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIF.8tPfBDcUXu%2b9%2bSGgT9ZrUA&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

Honu
04-11-17, 15:19

ooohhhhh :) hahahahahahahaha