PDA

View Full Version : “malicious prosecution” case against Balto State’s Attorney Mosby

platoonDaddy
03-27-17, 14:57
Since the original thread was closed, thought you might be interested in the latest. We all knew she was wrong on many aspects of the case. Now she will be held accountable for her gross malfeasance. It will be interesting to see how much evidence she hid or lied about.

The Freddie Gray cops won again in a lawsuit against Baltimore State’s Attorney Marilyn Mosby. Ms. Mosby put six police officers on trial without the evidence to back up the charges. At first, critics said she over-charged the officers, but, in the end, the judge found there was no evidence to back up the charges.

A federal judge in Maryland has allowed a “malicious prosecution” case against Ms. Mosby to go forward because she acted as an independent prosecutor in the Freddie Gray case, the Baltimore Sun reported.

http://www.independentsentinel.com/justice-judge-rules-freddie-gray-cops-mosby-now-faces-civil-trial/

glocktogo
03-27-17, 15:17
Awesome! :)

Co-gnARR
03-27-17, 15:24
Serious question here- are there grounds to disbar this woman based upon her actions? Prosecuting people without valid evidence and potentially ruining their professional and personal lives seems like an extreme abuse of power to me. What sort of actions does it take for an attorney to be disbarred?

Grand58742
03-27-17, 15:33
Serious question here- are there grounds to disbar this woman based upon her actions? Prosecuting people without valid evidence and potentially ruining their professional and personal lives seems like an extreme abuse of power to me. What sort of actions does it take for an attorney to be disbarred?

They still haven't disbarred Eric Holder. That should be a hint that short of a person that's Hitler incarnate, it takes a metric butt-ton to disbar an attorney.

Kain
03-27-17, 15:40
They still haven't disbarred Eric Holder. That should be a hint that short of a person that's Hitler incarnate, it takes a metric butt-ton to disbar an attorney.

That's only if the attorney is a democrat. If it is a republican and they can get a picture of them slapping a kitten after said kitten clawed them they have them disbarred before the end of the news cycle.

SomeOtherGuy
03-27-17, 15:50

EDIT: below it was pointed out that Mike Nifong was disbarred for professional misconduct as a prosecutor.

Other than Nifong, it is very rare for a prosecutor to be disbarred for professional misconduct, even when it's later proven that they hid evidence they were required to disclose, even when someone was executed as a result.

In general, attorneys are disbarred for two main reasons:
1) Felony convictions, especially if they involve fraud or dishonesty; and
2) Stealing, losing, or severe mis-handling of money that doesn't belong to them, most often client funds held in trust.

I've also read of attorneys being disbarred for repeated and inexcusable failures to handle cases they've taken on, such as simply failing to file required motions/briefs/etc. and failing to show up on court dates. This isn't common and usually seems to involve substance abuse, but I've read of it a few times.

Attorneys caught lying to a court are usually punished by that court, and sometimes barred from appearing in that court, but it doesn't seem to be an automatic path to disbarment.

These are only my personal observations, and may not be statistically accurate, represent how it works in Maryland, etc.

Alex V
03-27-17, 15:59
Unfortunately I've never heard of a prosecutor being disbarred for professional misconduct, even when it's later proven that they hid evidence they were required to disclose, even when someone was executed as a result.

2) Stealing, losing, or severe mis-handling of money that doesn't belong to them, most often client funds held in trust.

I've also read of attorneys being disbarred for repeated and inexcusable failures to handle cases they've taken on, such as simply failing to file required motions/briefs/etc. and failing to show up on court dates. This isn't common and usually seems to involve substance abuse, but I've read of it a few times.

Attorneys caught lying to a court are usually punished by that court, and sometimes barred from appearing in that court, but it doesn't seem to be an automatic path to disbarment.

These are only my personal observations, and may not be statistically accurate, represent how it works in Maryland, etc.

True. Slick Willy perjured himself and was only barred from arguing in front of SCOTUS. His Arkansas license was only temporarily suspended.

JC5188
03-27-17, 16:00
Unfortunately I've never heard of a prosecutor being disbarred for professional misconduct, even when it's later proven that they hid evidence they were required to disclose, even when someone was executed as a result.

Mike Nifong

ETA:

Per wiki...

Michael Byron "Mike" Nifong (born September 14, 1950) is a disbarred North Carolina attorney.[2] He was the district attorney for Durham County, North Carolina (the state's 14th Prosecutorial District) but was removed, disbarred and jailed following court findings concerning his conduct in the Duke lacrosse case.[3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

platoonDaddy
03-27-17, 16:10
Mike Nifong

ETA:

Per wiki...

Michael Byron "Mike" Nifong (born September 14, 1950) is a disbarred North Carolina attorney.[2] He was the district attorney for Durham County, North Carolina (the state's 14th Prosecutorial District) but was removed, disbarred and jailed following court findings concerning his conduct in the Duke lacrosse case.[3]

For sure nifong was disbarred and jailed, we in the area and especially with family & friends as Balto LEO's believe she will follow in nifong's footsteps.

nml
03-27-17, 16:18
He only served one day in jail for threatening innocent people with years in prison.

She is a woman, affirmative action candidate with "children to raise" (they don't care if officers charged had children). She will not see one day in jail and will be DNC Chairwoman sometime in next twenty years.

signal4l
03-27-17, 17:09
This is good news. Im very glad this case is moving forward. Mosby needs to be disbarred

Averageman
03-27-17, 17:18
If found guilty,
Can the Officers sue her in civil court?
Can local business owner sue in order to regain damages to property?
I think this was all about her political career, these Officers were her stepping stones and so were the Business Owners who lost everything.

SteyrAUG
03-27-17, 21:40
If found guilty,
Can the Officers sue her in civil court?
Can local business owner sue in order to regain damages to property?
I think this was all about her political career, these Officers were her stepping stones and so were the Business Owners who lost everything.

Nifong was sued and promptly declared bankruptcy. He tried to destroy the lives of several innocent men simply to help get himself reelected and spent only a day in jail. People who abuse the legal system they represent for personal gain seldom are the subject of true justice.

Perhaps sadly, college kids and cops who have been deliberately maligned seldom start BLM movements based upon hatred along social divides where angry mobs target those who are guilty.

Firefly
03-27-17, 22:18
She most certainly needs censure and jail time.

She was trying to ruin people's clean records and otherwise decent names. She acted as an individual, without all evidence, and was motivated purely by politics.

Time to reap the whirlwind.

ATTN Alcoholic Judges and Pill Popping DAs:

This is NOT Law & Order. You are NOT McCoy. Your personal emotions DO NOT MATTER. There is a book of laws written up by alcoholic legislators who came before you with relatively clear stipulations of Jurisprudence. If x and y don't add up the the elements of a codified crime then you BUGGER OFF. It doesn't matter if it was the last black dude on earth or the reincarnation of the first Babu Ran.

The evidence is there or it isnt. The investigation is done or it isnt. It meets the elemebt of the crime or it doesnt.

If I had to re-reference and study that book, they should too.

There are a LOT of dirty, immoral people walking around this Christless workd that I would LOVE to see end up old and decrepit in the anal rape ward of Hays prison. But, you do it by the book or you dont do it.

If people are bad, they will keep on and get caught. Never fails.

Believe it or not, most people are beyond caring about race. Not in a "We are tge World" way but that it is BORING.

Nobody cares how black. brown, or whatever you are.

Am I wrong? Is this still a thing. It seems like people are trying to be more racist now than ever. For a minute it seemed like race was a dead issue then 2008 happened and people got stupid with it.

I recall entertaining some dark ladies years back and nobody cared. Now it's a thing. Everybody is all stuck on this whole master race keep such and such lineage pure.

Hating. Pure hating

I dunno when the world decided to be High School but they can cram it

SteyrAUG
03-27-17, 22:55
Am I wrong? Is this still a thing. It seems like people are trying to be more racist now than ever. For a minute it seemed like race was a dead issue then 2008 happened and people got stupid with it.

I recall entertaining some dark ladies years back and nobody cared. Now it's a thing. Everybody is all stuck on this whole master race keep such and such lineage pure.

In 2008 we elected a President who was supposed to end all matters of race once and for all, now that "a black guy" won the highest office in the land. Then suddenly everyone was racist and I don't mean white folks.

The BLM movement is every bit as racist as the klan complete with shooting people solely based upon the color of their skin or their occupation. We weren't unified, we were divided.

Last I checked white folks weren't allowed to be racist, maybe that's different in your AO but you have to hit up the jails to find "master race" folks down here. Sure we have rednecks who will use the N word, but they will sit right down with the same person they just slighted and smoke a bowl with them as most rednecks really aren't amazingly different from ghetto dwellers down here with the sole exception of choice of music.

But I really thought we had put this shit to bed in the 1980s. White kids were listening to Run, Karyn White was smoking hot (still don't know why folks were talking about crackhead Whitney) and seemed the two hottest shows were Miami Vice and the Cosby Show.

As I used to explain to girls, I don't see colors so much as flavors. But somehow it seems we are right back to a 1960s level of racism, with the complexities of "preferred races" being institutionalized. I just hope when I'm old, I'll still be able to eat at the lunch counter like everyone else.

Firefly
03-27-17, 23:13
Indeed. To this day I have a thing for big booty Trudy.

And Lethal Weapon and Murtaugh's daughter. And Hillary from Fresh Prince.

In fact most of my friends were black as a teen. All anybody cared about was super nintendo and baseball

Kain
03-27-17, 23:25
In 2008 we elected a President who was supposed to end all matters of race once and for all, now that "a black guy" won the highest office in the land. Then suddenly everyone was racist and I don't mean white folks.

The BLM movement is every bit as racist as the klan complete with shooting people solely based upon the color of their skin or their occupation. We weren't unified, we were divided.

Last I checked white folks weren't allowed to be racist, maybe that's different in your AO but you have to hit up the jails to find "master race" folks down here. Sure we have rednecks who will use the N word, but they will sit right down with the same person they just slighted and smoke a bowl with them as most rednecks really aren't amazingly different from ghetto dwellers down here with the sole exception of choice of music.

But I really thought we had put this shit to bed in the 1980s. White kids were listening to Run, Karyn White was smoking hot (still don't know why folks were talking about crackhead Whitney) and seemed the two hottest shows were Miami Vice and the Cosby Show.

As I used to explain to girls, I don't see colors so much as flavors. But somehow it seems we are right back to a 1960s level of racism, with the complexities of "preferred races" being institutionalized. I just hope when I'm old, I'll still be able to eat at the lunch counter like everyone else.

Pretty much this.

I remember being in school and seriously not giving a damn about race, one of the guys I spent the most time hanging out with was black guy. Spend a year in a high school that was 50% black, or 50% white depending on how you wanted to look at it. No one gave a good goddamn one way or the other. No one gave a good **** about race. Later in a different high school it was pretty much the same except you actually had a few rednecks who claimed to be part of the klan and the mother ****ing aryan brotherhood. I shit you not. You know what's funny as shit though, of the guys who hung out with them was a black guy named Winston and they treated him like he was one of their own. I can't make this shit up.

Then I go to college, that was an experience. Anyway, ended up for one semester with roommates, ultra liberal, vegan, and possible part reptile. Seriously, I'm not kidding about the reptile part. I mean who the **** turns the heat on to 88 degree in FVCKING AUGUST in mother ****ing GEORGIA!!!! Needless to say myself and them did not get along, even less so since this was during the first election for Obama and I swear those three were jacking off to Obama commercials since they'd crank the volume wherever he or one of his ads came on, at least until I cut the cable after asking them to turn the shit down while I was trying to study. Anyway, college, I remember vividly walking to class and there being a group handing out flyers for Obama and one of the guys, a black guy, telling me it was my duty to vote for Obama because my ancestors owned slaves. Because apparently, since i was white, my ancestors must have owned slaves. I shit you not! What is really funny though, is the fact that my family, on both sides, with the exception of some possible native american blood, weren't in this country until about 1900 maybe a bit before.

No, racism is good and alive in this country, the issue is, that some of the most racist people I've meant, are usually the ones who claim to be the ones discriminated against.

SteyrAUG
03-27-17, 23:48
Indeed. To this day I have a thing for big booty Trudy.

And Lethal Weapon and Murtaugh's daughter. And Hillary from Fresh Prince.

In fact most of my friends were black as a teen. All anybody cared about was super nintendo and baseball

I was more into Gina, but could have easily hung with Trudy. I think it's kinda a Ginger or Maryann thing. But if it's dealers choice they are in order...

Lela Rochon from Harlem Nights
Alysia Rogers from Class Act
Stacey Dash from Clueless

JC5188
03-28-17, 03:47
She most certainly needs censure and jail time.

She was trying to ruin people's clean records and otherwise decent names. She acted as an individual, without all evidence, and was motivated purely by politics.

Time to reap the whirlwind.

ATTN Alcoholic Judges and Pill Popping DAs:

This is NOT Law & Order. You are NOT McCoy. Your personal emotions DO NOT MATTER. There is a book of laws written up by alcoholic legislators who came before you with relatively clear stipulations of Jurisprudence. If x and y don't add up the the elements of a codified crime then you BUGGER OFF. It doesn't matter if it was the last black dude on earth or the reincarnation of the first Babu Ran.

The evidence is there or it isnt. The investigation is done or it isnt. It meets the elemebt of the crime or it doesnt.

If I had to re-reference and study that book, they should too.

There are a LOT of dirty, immoral people walking around this Christless workd that I would LOVE to see end up old and decrepit in the anal rape ward of Hays prison. But, you do it by the book or you dont do it.

If people are bad, they will keep on and get caught. Never fails.

Believe it or not, most people are beyond caring about race. Not in a "We are tge World" way but that it is BORING.

Nobody cares how black. brown, or whatever you are.

Hating. Pure hating

I dunno when the world decided to be High School but they can cram it

You're right about the race thing...

I think 2008 happened, and we had a chance to really BURY it as a political issue. The race pimps (of all colors) saw this as a threat and "turned it all the way up to 11". No way they were gonna let the election of BO be a sign of ANYTHING.

Then 2012...Damnedest thing I'd ever seen....Can't remember the talking head that said it but they actually claimed, more or less, that Herman Cain was being pushed by the GOP in a racist attempt to replace the black President.

It's getting tiresome.

Maybe it's because I was raised around people who were mostly some degree of Indian blood, and we were what we were. Nobody cared really.

Or, maybe I'm just a little too Mayberry about the whole thing. But I agree with Firefly. People need to stfu about it.

ETA...

Oh, and uh.......Lisa Turtle.

Just sayin'

Moose-Knuckle
03-28-17, 04:45
Since she wasted millions of tax payers hard earned money in her social justice warrior witch hunt it's only right that she be put in stocks on a cart pulled by donkeys around the town square so said tax payers can hurl putrid fish heads and rotten cabbage upon her person.

chuckman
03-28-17, 07:38
Absolutely, her license can be revoked. The questions is, will it.

As for the Nifong case, because of a NDI I can't speak about it, but suffice it to say he was a bad, bad boy, and he is so lucky he ended up getting only what he got.

Averageman
03-28-17, 08:46
Since she wasted millions of tax payers hard earned money in her social justice warrior witch hunt it's only right that she be put in stocks on a cart pulled by donkeys around the town square so said tax payers can hurl putrid fish heads and rotten cabbage upon her person.

18th Century much Bro?

Moose-Knuckle
03-29-17, 03:16
18th Century much Bro?

Public shame and humiliation . . . it does wonders for the soul.

TAZ
03-29-17, 13:48
18th Century much Bro?

That's lightweight Medieval stuff right there. She attacked the kings men and looted the treasury. She'd be in the dungeon enjoying implements stored in hot coals before being drawn and quartered in the public square.

SteyrAUG
03-29-17, 22:08
Public shame and humiliation . . . it does wonders for the soul.

I'd prefer serious financial consequences and jail time.

Moose-Knuckle
03-30-17, 03:48
I'd prefer serious financial consequences and jail time.

Oh that was just the beginning.

See Taz's post above for the Paul Harvey conclusion. :D

platoonDaddy
03-31-17, 17:21
She had a fund raiser last night, love some of the comments:

https://twitter.com/MarilynMosbyEsq/status/847128700239908864/photo/1

dwhitehorne
04-01-17, 06:05
Has this case even been mentioned in the Baltimore news? Haven't heard a peep about it in DC. David

Averageman
04-01-17, 08:58
Oh the comments on that link, Simply Golden !

austinN4
04-01-17, 10:49
She had a fund raiser last night, love some of the comments:
https://twitter.com/MarilynMosbyEsq/status/847128700239908864/photo/1

Oh the comments on that link, Simply Golden !

They are indeed! She seems to have lots of local "fans".

Co-gnARR
04-01-17, 11:16
That's lightweight Medieval stuff right there. She attacked the kings men and looted the treasury. She'd be in the dungeon enjoying implements stored in hot coals before being drawn and quartered in the public square.

If only we could relive the old days once in a while...