PDA

View Full Version : Home Invasion Goes Way Wrong

Grand58742
03-27-17, 16:43
For the would be intruders...

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local/three-dead-after-broken-arrow-area-homeowner-s-son-shoots/article_64c15c80-0019-56d6-9322-c1b93c0ff5d0.html

BROKEN ARROW — The adult son of a Broken Arrow-area homeowner shot and killed three masked intruders during a home invasion on Monday, authorities said.

Wagoner County authorities at 12:30 p.m. were called to the triple homicide in the 9100 block of Clearview Drive.

Sheriff's spokesman Deputy Nick Mahoney said the homeowner's adult son shot three male intruders following an apparent home invasion at the residence, which is southeast of the Broken Arrow city limits in Wagoner County.
The three intruders who were shot were wearing all black, masks and gloves, Mahoney said. They forced their way into the home in a back sliding glass door, he said. They were shot by the homeowner's son with a rifle, he said. The son lives at the residence.

I'll call it "nice shooting" as well as a reminder to everyone that home invasions don't just happen at night.

BBossman
03-27-17, 17:05
Heartwarming...

Dist. Expert 26
03-27-17, 17:06
No survivors. That's what I call quality CQB.

Dienekes
03-27-17, 17:39
And it's Miller time...

Kenneth
03-27-17, 17:40
Wow I wonder what kind of rifle he used and what sort of training the son has had.

I would buy him a steak dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coal Dragger
03-27-17, 17:42
Hope he gets that mess cleaned up before his parents get home, or they'll be pissed!

Ha ha ha. Good for him, glad he came out on top.

Firefly
03-27-17, 20:09
And nothinh of value was lost

SomeOtherGuy
03-27-17, 20:35
Seems like Tulsa-area ServiceMaster should comp this one and use it for advertising.

Thread title is funny though. How can a home invasion go right? :)

Grand58742
03-27-17, 20:48
Thread title is funny though. How can a home invasion go right? :)

Well, this one went about as right as it could go considering the circumstances. I do feel sorry for the kid since he has to live with the fact he ended three lives, but overall, the bad guys are making a one way trip to the morgue, so it's a better day for some.

mack7.62
03-27-17, 20:54
Wow I wonder what kind of rifle he used and what sort of training the son has had.

I would buy him a steak dinner.

Don't know about training but:

"Mahoney said the homeowner’s 23-year-old son shot the man and two boys with an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle after they broke into the house, which is about two-thirds of a mile east of the Broken Arrow city limits in Wagoner County."

SteyrAUG
03-27-17, 21:43
For the would be intruders...

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local/three-dead-after-broken-arrow-area-homeowner-s-son-shoots/article_64c15c80-0019-56d6-9322-c1b93c0ff5d0.html

I'll call it "nice shooting" as well as a reminder to everyone that home invasions don't just happen at night.

Most happen during the day when people are typically at work and only wives and children might be at home.

Kenneth
03-27-17, 21:44

"Mahoney said the homeowner’s 23-year-old son shot the man and two boys with an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle after they broke into the house, which is about two-thirds of a mile east of the Broken Arrow city limits in Wagoner County."

I skipped right over that part of the story. Thanks for clearing that up.

GTF425
03-27-17, 22:31
Glad it worked out.

user
03-27-17, 22:46
Nice work son. Way to be.

Kain
03-27-17, 22:59

But, but, but, them ARs are only used by terrorists to kill babies! :rolleyes:

All in all glad it worked out that the perps ended up with terminal cases of lead poisoning, lets just hope that none of them had been able to procreate. And if they have not, as Fly said, "and nothing of value was lost."

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd452/Kain8719/SAS_0085_Small2.jpg (http://s1220.photobucket.com/user/Kain8719/media/SAS_0085_Small2.jpg.html)

nml
03-28-17, 00:32
I would guess druggies at the ages listed. You can only turn your life around if the bad shit doesn't get you killed first.

turnburglar
03-28-17, 01:32
I would guess druggies at the ages listed. You can only turn your life around if the bad shit doesn't get you killed first.

Natural selection. I waited until I was a gun owner until I started breaking into people's homes. Kids these days got it backwards.

Moose-Knuckle
03-28-17, 04:39
It does my heart good to hear the young man defend hearth and home.

Saved the tax payers M I L L I O N S and always glad to read a story where the victims are safe.

Grand58742
03-28-17, 07:33
Some follow up:

http://okcfox.com/news/local/wagoner-co-sheriffs-office-investigating-triple-homicide-in-broken-arrow-area

One person is in custody after three suspects in a Wagoner County home invasion were shot to death Monday afternoon by one of the residents.

According to the Wagoner County Sheriff's Office, the suspects' getaway driver has been arrested. The 21-year-old woman, Elizabeth Marie Rodriguez turned herself in at the Broken Arrow Police Department hours after the shooting, saying she had information. Wagoner County investigators interviewed her at the police department and subsequently arrested her on complaints of three counts of first-degree murder and three counts of first-degree burglary.

Eurodriver
03-28-17, 07:41
Felony murder ain't a game! Bye Felicia!

Sensei
03-28-17, 08:15
Felony murder ain't a game! Bye Felicia!

I suppose that turning herself in was the logical thing to do once the financiers of her Hostess Twinkies and Little Debbie cakes got greased.

seb5
03-28-17, 08:50
I bet the residents ears are hurting!

ABNAK
03-28-17, 08:55
I want an ammo report.

:cool:

cbx
03-28-17, 09:00
"Gonna be a good day today tater"

Love me when some felon home Invaders get deaded.

26 Inf
03-28-17, 10:07
I want an ammo report.

:cool:

Word on the street is he used Freedommunitions 55gr, shot out of a PSA Upper, on an Anderson lower put together with a DPMS LPK with UTG furniture and a BSA red dot.

Seriously, I've read stories that he was 19, and some that say 23. Regardless, I wish him well, three dead guys, even if they were deserving, is probably going to be a heavy burden to bear.

TMS951
03-28-17, 10:55
Always exciting news when home invaders get waxed. Job well done in this case.

The part I have trouble with is "A person who is committing a felony when a death occurs can be charged with felony murder." for the girl driving. Its a real stretch in this case, and in general I think unfair and a burden on tax payers. I understand a bit more if the people she was driving murdered some one that she would get attached to the murder. The idea that she is being attached to the defense shooting of the home owners son as murder 1 seems odd.

T2C
03-28-17, 11:14

The part I have trouble with is "A person who is committing a felony when a death occurs can be charged with felony murder." for the girl driving. Its a real stretch in this case, and in general I think unfair and a burden on tax payers. I understand a bit more if the people she was driving murdered some one that she would get attached to the murder. The idea that she is being attached to the defense shooting of the home owners son as murder 1 seems odd.

That's the way the law works in a lot of states. If convicted, she should be sentenced to life without parole.

CrazyFingers
03-28-17, 11:30
Everyone keeps saying "and nothing of value was lost".
That's a load of bull, and you know it. Have some sympathy here!

If we assume that the young man fired 4 shots per target, that's 12 rounds fired. Assuming decent brass cased at ~$.30 per, he's out at least $3.60.
Do you really think the dirtbag home invaders' families are going to reimburse him for that loss? Plus, he probably missed with at least 1-2 rounds, so now he has to patch, sand and repaint those spots.
Speaking of spots, now he's got dirtbag blood all over his house, and that's not going to clean itself up. He could be looking at significant expense with carpet, installation, etc.

These things add up.

"Nothing of value"...pfff.:mad:

26 Inf
03-28-17, 11:47

Charged with and convicted of are two differing things. Generally folks charge as high as they can to keep them from posting bond until things get sorted out. Additionally, the higher charges can be used as leverage to get a plea to a lessor charge and avoid a trial. Not saying good or bad, just been what I've seen.

Outlander Systems
03-28-17, 12:14
Happened here in GA recently.

Double shitstains attempt HI.

Homeowner lays down the business, and steals shitstain number one's soul.

Shitstain number 2 charged with murder.

#Winning

Charged with and convicted of are two differing things. Generally folks charge as high as they can to keep them from posting bond until things get sorted out. Additionally, the higher charges can be used as leverage to get a plea to a lessor charge and avoid a trial. Not saying good or bad, just been what I've seen.

seb5
03-28-17, 12:32

It's very common in many states. Oklahoma is generally one of the most conservative states in the union so it wouldn't surprise me.

SteyrAUG
03-28-17, 13:15

F her. They weren't in there selling girl scout cookies. Home invasion is serious shit. As often as not they torture home owners to find out where the good stuff is and then don't leave them alive. Just because they didn't bring weapons doesn't mean they weren't willing or planning on killing the occupants. Kitchen knives work pretty well. Anyone facilitating any of the above is in the soup.

thepatriot2705
03-28-17, 13:22
F her. They weren't in there selling girl scout cookies. Home invasion is serious shit. As often as not they torture home owners to find out where the good stuff is and then don't leave them alive. Just because they didn't bring weapons doesn't mean they weren't willing or planning on killing the occupants. Kitchen knives work pretty well. Anyone facilitating any of the above is in the soup.

Given the facts presented so far, this is a good shoot and i like the outcome....but i cant help but feel that something is "off."

Sensei
03-28-17, 13:27
Given the facts presented so far, this is a good shoot and i like the outcome....but i cant help but feel that something is "off."

A disproportionate number of home invasions are targeted at the homes of drug dealers. Even if the homeowner was dealing, that doesn't change the fact that we are better off without the 3 that he dispatched.

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-28-17, 13:46
My neighborhood is supposedly to be peaking with home invasions. I have a home office and distaste for answering the front door- the usual way to ascertain if people are home during the day, before going around back and using a rock to gain access. Not being deterred by alarms or motion lights at night.

I've installed the ARLO four Pro Cam set-up and am pretty happy with it. Batteries last about 3 months with some pretty good tripping/traffic on them. They aren't perfect. It isn't a real-time kind of device since it is cloud based and can take a variable amount of time to 'tune' in on an active camera. You get an alert with in seconds, but getting an image or getting to the point of talking over a camera can take awhile to 'lock in'. It records OK. I have plenty of bunny rabbit, car and Squirrel shots. Not many false positives. Since it is cloud based, I can even watch my house when I'm out of the country.

Outlander Systems
03-28-17, 14:19
1) How's the night-time performance?
2) You mentioned alerts. How do the alerts work? Sent to phone via text message?
3) Can you view multiple cameras simultaneously?

My neighborhood is supposedly to be peaking with home invasions. I have a home office and distaste for answering the front door- the usual way to ascertain if people are home during the day, before going around back and using a rock to gain access. Not being deterred by alarms or motion lights at night.

I've installed the ARLO four Pro Cam set-up and am pretty happy with it. Batteries last about 3 months with some pretty good tripping/traffic on them. They aren't perfect. It isn't a real-time kind of device since it is cloud based and can take a variable amount of time to 'tune' in on an active camera. You get an alert with in seconds, but getting an image or getting to the point of talking over a camera can take awhile to 'lock in'. It records OK. I have plenty of bunny rabbit, car and Squirrel shots. Not many false positives. Since it is cloud based, I can even watch my house when I'm out of the country.

Firefly
03-28-17, 15:01
Screw the bitch.

She wanted to hang with bad boys. Welcome to reality. She needs a needle in her arm.

She could have stayed home. Could have associated with better people.

She drove the subjects to the home knowing they would forcibly rob or murder anyone home.

Home Invaders go in armed ANTICIPATING RESISTANCE. Their object is to OVERWHELM AND OVERPOWER.

Being female and being a wheelman is not exculpatory.

Everytime I see these faggot "bad boys" with the diamond earrings, the grill, or the sad, blue eyes.....I say "One day, you'll be on a window decal"

I don't feel any remorse for any of these pieces of shit.

F em and everybody who looks like em

GTF425
03-28-17, 15:22
Everytime I see these faggot "bad boys" with the diamond earrings, the grill, or the sad, blue eyes.....I say "One day, you'll be on a window decal.

Or a t-shirt.

Jsp10477
03-28-17, 19:01
Armed with brass knucks and a knife sounds like they came by to deliver an ass whipping and scare the shit out of him. I'd almost bet he knew them. I guess their lesson on b&e and armed residents was their last. Good on him for keeping his head and putting them down.

nml
03-28-17, 21:44
She wanted to hang with bad boys. Welcome to reality.I try to collect news stories when Im in town for the guys.

Theyre pretty much all guys that end up dead after breaking up domestics. Bad boys do bad boy shit.

Firefly
03-28-17, 22:18
All that unharnessed testosterone and these stupid females fall for it.

If I were a girl, I'd want a guy who went to school, church, and work. Virgin on wedding night. Calls his folks once a week. Thinks sex with lights on is "naughty", has a retirement plan, and plays it safe.

Why oh why do you want to play games with life? There is probably nothing after you die. This is all you get. It's pointless in a cosmic sense but can be a comfortable life. A gilded cage perphaps, but fresh water and food.

And as 'bad" as some like to think they are, there are people out there who may not be ostensibly "bad" but are absolutely vile people hiding behind a veil of civility. Going through the motions. Marking time.

But are cruel and vicious. And you want to break into their home for 'loot'?

I've seen unpleasantness and never understood it. So I stopped trying.

I heard many a fat black woman cry "JESUS! JESUS! JESUS!" over some dead piece of shit.

lol faith lol caring lol waiting until after the fact to worry about where your "baby" is.

Nobody ever felt sorry for me.

Aint no angels gonna greet me

nml
03-29-17, 00:32
I meant bad like drug dealer, excon, rich party boy, hard living sports star, so on. Not necessarily evil. They get a rush and excitement so they chose them over nice guy Jim, but when it gets too exciting it's suddenly everyone else's problem too.

But you don't know what is going to happen. You aint ever died before. ;)

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-29-17, 00:40
1) How's the night-time performance?
2) You mentioned alerts. How do the alerts work? Sent to phone via text message?
3) Can you view multiple cameras simultaneously?

Night time is OK. It has IR, but my house is LIT by the commandantees order, so it uses available light pretty well.
ALerts come as text messages/alerts on my phone, no picture. It then sends a pic in an email, but that can take up to a minute. I really want a message with the pic.
I've viewed at least two videos. It would come from the cloud, but it would have to get from your house to the cloud to your device- so your upload speed would be the issue I get.

ARLO does seem to have plans for the system. You can locally store video on a memory stick. My guess is that they may get it so that you stream from the router/base when at home instead of the cloud for faster access. It just isn't quite fast enough for real-time work everytime. And if doesn't work everytime, you can't rely on it. Not bad. Additional cameras are EXPENSIVE, so I went with the four cam kit.

Moose-Knuckle
03-29-17, 04:10
Just because they didn't bring weapons doesn't mean they weren't willing or planning on killing the occupants.

According to a news report I heard today two of the three were armed, one with a knife and the second with brass knuckles. I don't know about OK but here brass knuckles are a prohibited weapon.

JC5188
03-29-17, 04:56
Has come out that the "getaway driver" knew the shooter.

"Court documents indicate the homeowner who fired the shots is Zachary Peters, 23, and that Rodriguez knew him by name. The documents note Rodriguez planned the burglary, took the three boys to the house, and was waiting in the driveway until she heard shots and left."

Three Teen Burglary Suspects Killed In Broken Arrow Identified http://www.newson6.com/story/35016222/woman-admits-to-being-getaway-driver-for-three-burglars-shot-dead-in-broken-arrow

Firefly
03-29-17, 14:54
Hmmmm.....

Drugs were involved. Somehow.

Good shoot but they were after something beyond a TV

Averageman
03-29-17, 15:10
Hmmmm.....

Guns?
I'm just saying; Going Full Monte on a home invasion with little more than blunt instruments?
They were either after guns or easily moved high value items.
I would say Dope, but it doesn't smell like it.

Firefly
03-29-17, 15:16
Guns?
I'm just saying; Going Full Monte on a home invasion with little more than blunt instruments?
They were either after guns or easily moved high value items.
I would say Dope, but it doesn't smell like it.

I dunno. It seems like the girl She Wolfed him for intel.

You dont go after guns without guns.
Maybe gold or cash....or dope.

They all look Whiskey Tango so....just a postulation

Averageman
03-29-17, 15:26
Maybe She "knew" him from HS, and knew he was a hunter or shooter?
The Ages would be about right.
It's one thing to die with a raging case of chlamydia, it's another to die with the case you caught from Miss Sweaty McNastydrawers in that picture.

austinN4
03-29-17, 15:30
Update
http://www.newson6.com/story/35016222/woman-admits-to-being-getaway-driver-for-three-burglars-shot-dead-in-broken-arrow

Female driver planned the op and knew the shooter.

56 comments posted at link.

tehpwnag3
03-29-17, 16:21
Some of the comments were great, some were just plain retarded. Here's one:

"You guys calling these highschool kids "pos"'s and such. You guys need to act your age. Not your shoe size. Jake woodruff was a kind hearted kid. If they really wanted to hurt someone they would've brought more than brass knuckles and a knife to a break in. Grow up."

Update
http://www.newson6.com/story/35016222/woman-admits-to-being-getaway-driver-for-three-burglars-shot-dead-in-broken-arrow

Grand58742
03-29-17, 16:25
Update

Love some of the comments...

Rosa Johnson, 3 came broke into his home, armed and masked. You work(ed?) for Philip Morris USA, the biggest manufacturer of cigarettes in the world. You've helped kill more people than small pox and you want to throw guilt on a home owner defending his home? Idiot.

tehpwnag3
03-29-17, 16:38
Some of the 911 call...

http://www.newson6.com/story/35026036/wagoner-county-investigators-interviewing-second-witness-to-triple-shooting

ABNAK
03-29-17, 18:58
Hmmmm.....

Man, you been a cop too long! ;)

Of course it could be that drugs had no role in this......

To wit, in your experience how many drug-related home invasions did NOT involve firearms on the thug side? I'll bet almost none. My guess is maybe firearms were the goal and they didn't think anyone would be home at 12:30 in the afternoon. I read somewhere that there had been a number of break-ins locally. Same crew?

Circle_10
03-29-17, 19:55
One of the robber's Facebook pages already updated to "remembering" status.
https://m.facebook.com/jacob.redfearn.1?fref=ts

Max Cook has yet to be similarly memorialized
https://m.facebook.com/max.cook.5074?pn_ref=friends_search

I haven't located the third corpse's page yet.

Getaway driver Elizabeth lists herself as "in a relationship" with the corpse formerly known as Max Cook.
https://m.facebook.com/elizabeth.kohler.9843?pn_ref=friends_search

26 Inf
03-29-17, 21:04
Man, I just got a great business idea.

Fix up a van with a good 'puter and a small graphics printer and follow the shoot outs, tastefully waiting until the names have been released to pull into the families' drives and set up the 'This Decal in Loving Memory Of.....'

Niche marketing at it's best.

SteyrAUG
03-29-17, 21:41
Man, you been a cop too long! ;)

Of course it could be that drugs had no role in this......

To wit, in your experience how many drug-related home invasions did NOT involve firearms on the thug side? I'll bet almost none. My guess is maybe firearms were the goal and they didn't think anyone would be home at 12:30 in the afternoon. I read somewhere that there had been a number of break-ins locally. Same crew?

Doubt it. I'm betting Rodriguez got to somehow be social enough to have been in the house and saw "shit worth stealing" and rounded up three thug acquaintances and went to house things. Doubt very much she knew about or expected guns or things would have been planned differently.

I'm betting they didn't expect anyone to be home. Either way, three down and one to go. OK is deep with "thug life" dumbasses.

glocktogo
03-29-17, 22:38
According to a news report I heard today two of the three were armed, one with a knife and the second with brass knuckles. I don't know about OK but here brass knuckles are a prohibited weapon.

Illegal under O.S. 21-1272 in OK.

FWIW, local sentiment is that Rodriguez is the ringleader and she cajoled the trio into doing it. One look and you can see she's 10 miles of bad road. Also, the vic is 23 and a criminal justice student with a good gpa. She's out of Oologah which is a long ways from Wagoner Co. East of Broken Arrow, 21 and ostensibly nowhere close to the vic in any meaningful way. Also not 100% sure she knew the vic personally, as there are conflicting reports on that. The burglars are out of my home town Owasso, which is between Oologah and BA.

I've been tied up doing interviews for another office in my region, but I'll do some background snooping tomorrow. The setup felt off at first glance and I figured there's some other connection. WAY to many affluent homes to case for a run of the mill burglary between Owasso and East BA, even if you're smart enough to work areas away from home base (almost all the shoplifters in Owasso come out of North Tulsa). Something just doesn't add up. :confused:

Firefly
03-29-17, 23:53
Call me paranoid but there's something here that isn't out yet

-Drugs
-Revenge
-Cash stash

If it were a burglary they wouldn't have had weapons period but tools.

If she knew there were guns , then she didnt tell her little wrecking crew.
She pretty much walked them into a firing squad.

It just doesn't seem as clear cut but I could be entitely wrong. Dont live there and not privy to all unreleased details

Rogue556
03-30-17, 00:34
Also not 100% sure she knew the vic personally, as there are conflicting reports on that. The burglars are out of my home town Owasso, which is between Oologah and BA.

I've been tied up doing interviews for another office in my region, but I'll do some background snooping tomorrow. The setup felt off at first glance and I figured there's some other connection. WAY to many affluent homes to case for a run of the mill burglary between Owasso and East BA, even if you're smart enough to work areas away from home base (almost all the shoplifters in Owasso come out of North Tulsa). Something just doesn't add up. :confused:

I grew up in Southwest Oklahoma and moved in the area a few years ago (about 20 minutes from Owasso). The amount of crime up here was definitely a shock to get used to. North Tulsa should be barricaded and fenced off from the world. Seems like there's always over flow from North Tulsa causing mischief in surrounding areas. Thankfully I'm out in the sticks a bit so it's not as much of an issue. Crime seems to be picking up in Owasso here lately, too.

SteyrAUG
03-30-17, 02:32
Call me paranoid but there's something here that isn't out yet

-Drugs
-Revenge
-Cash stash

If it were a burglary they wouldn't have had weapons period but tools.

If she knew there were guns , then she didnt tell her little wrecking crew.
She pretty much walked them into a firing squad.

It just doesn't seem as clear cut but I could be entitely wrong. Dont live there and not privy to all unreleased details

I don't think these were professional criminals, I think they were dumbshits who went in hoping to score some decent swag and brought knives and knucks just in case they had to "get busy" with anyone for any reason.

If this was a drug related "ripoff" score they had to know the stakes and that it would be defended and that they'd probably have to kill the current holder. They didn't seem to come prepared for that contingency.

Inexperienced criminals often pack weapons, especially stupid ones like brass knuckles, to give themselves confidence that they are badass and prepared for anything. Smarter criminals bring tools and understand tools can be weapons if needed.

This wouldn't be the first dumbshit crew operating in OK.

JC5188
03-30-17, 04:19
Hmmmm.....

Yep.

I bet there are more than one person's "spidey sense's" tingling at the BAPD, if yours perked up all the way from Georgia.

Moose-Knuckle
03-30-17, 04:34
I'm gonna ass-u-me the victim's house was thoroughly searched as it was an active crime scene so if there is dope it will be found.

JC5188
03-30-17, 04:36
I grew up in Southwest Oklahoma and moved in the area a few years ago (about 20 minutes from Owasso). The amount of crime up here was definitely a shock to get used to. North Tulsa should be barricaded and fenced off from the world. Seems like there's always over flow from North Tulsa causing mischief in surrounding areas. Thankfully I'm out in the sticks a bit so it's not as much of an issue. Crime seems to be picking up in Owasso here lately, too.

Meh...I've not had a car stolen in awhile, so it doesn't feel like crime is any worse.

These fools were the wrong "shade" of criminal to be north side overflow.

I work on north side, and don't feel unsafe.

I hope what glocktogo said about the shooter is correct, and the kid's a popo padawan. But I fear...as fly-man does...a glass pipe and a big mouth while in the company of "friends" is just as likely.

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-30-17, 08:40
Some of the 911 call...

http://www.newson6.com/story/35026036/wagoner-county-investigators-interviewing-second-witness-to-triple-shooting

Interesting that he says he didn't shoot the third, yet you have three fatalities. I thought it was an AR?

tehpwnag3
03-30-17, 08:46
Through and though?

Interesting that he says he didn't shoot the third, yet you have three fatalities. I thought it was an AR?

WillBrink
03-30-17, 08:49
Through and though?

A 2-fer-1?

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-30-17, 08:53
Just amazing how most times it seems like the bad guys are bullet proof and unstoppable, but here not so much. Talk about a fatal funnel.

tehpwnag3
03-30-17, 08:55
It's what I was thinking..

A 2-fer-1?

*through and through, not though

JC5188
03-30-17, 10:12
OK is deep with "thug life" dumbasses.

This wouldn't be the first dumbshit crew operating in OK.

You sure seem to have a strong opinion of "Ok dumbshits"....especially for a dude from Fla. Lol...

[emoji23]

glocktogo
03-30-17, 10:13
No hits for criminal records on Rodriguez, Cook or Peters (the homeowner's son). Records for Woodruff and Redfearn would be sealed as minors. No scuttlebutt as of yet, but I'll keep my ear to the ground.

Grand58742
03-30-17, 11:36
You sure seem to have a strong opinion of "Ok dumbshits"....especially for a dude from Fla. Lol...

Well, he isn't wrong. After living here the past five years, there is a certain segment that I still find baffling as to how they actually find the necessary brain cells to breathe and walk at the same time.

SteyrAUG
03-30-17, 11:56

[emoji23]

I have strong opinions about FL tards as well. If I sound overly critical of OK, it's because there is no reason for any of that shit. A mere few generations back nobody in OK was trying to be down with their set, they knew they were in OK and that shit was stupid.

Thugging in Shitcago I can "kinda" understand, thugging in OK makes zero sense to me.

JC5188
03-30-17, 13:00
Double

JC5188
03-30-17, 13:06
Well, he isn't wrong. After living here the past five years, there is a certain segment that I still find baffling as to how they actually find the necessary brain cells to breathe and walk at the same time.

I have strong opinions about FL tards as well. If I sound overly critical of OK, it's because there is no reason for any of that shit. A mere few generations back nobody in OK was trying to be down with their set, they knew they were in OK and that shit was stupid.

Thugging in Shitcago I can "kinda" understand, thugging in OK makes zero sense to me.

Aggghhhh...

I know, I know....was funning with y'all a bit, hence the "lol". [emoji846]

F'ing internet...

Now, had it been j-dub making those statements...

cbx
03-30-17, 13:14
The whole thing doesn't seem right to me either. There's got to be a lot more to this story.

Big A
03-30-17, 14:13
I ain't picking up the drug angle, at least not enough that would net the shooter a trafficking charge. Dude was livin with his 'rents in what looked a like a nice sized house on a larger than suburbia hell lot so the parents probably had a lot of nice things, mom a sizable jewelry collection, etc.

Plus the accomplice chic was too fat to be on meth.

Firefly
03-30-17, 14:38
Wonder what's in the medicine cabinet?

I won't say victim is a doper really or a dealer but this whole thing just doesn't feel fully shut.

If they went after guns, why go in with melee weapons?
If a burglary, why any weapons at all? Wouldn't she know if he was home?
Did she undersell her intel to co-perps? If so, why?
Was this even a burglary/HI to begin with?

If she has any kind of lawyer she's keeping her trap shut, Shooter only knows people were in his house, and the people with the real answr are all dead.

They could've been after Rx meds or a hit, but I don't see this as being a TV and Gold raid.

I'd say if he was such a straight arrow maybe she knew he had a lot of cash stashed but if she knew that then she'd have to have known he had a rifle.

Even if they were all high, there had to be a motive beyond something they could have taken from anyone else's house with no resistance.

Or....they thought he was a wuss and could take him, but even that doesn't sit with me.

Big A
03-30-17, 15:01

I won't say victim is a doper really or a dealer but this whole thing just doesn't feel fully shut.

If she has any kind of lawyer she's keeping her trap shut, Shooter only knows people were in his house, and the people with the real answr are all dead.

They could've been after Rx meds or a hit, but I don't see this as being a TV and Gold raid.

I'd say if he was such a straight arrow maybe she knew he had a lot of cash stashed but if she knew that then she'd have to have known he had a rifle.

Even if they were all high, there had to be a motive beyond something they could have taken from anyone else's house with no resistance.

Or....they thought he was a wuss and could take him, but even that doesn't sit with me.

Good point, I didn't consider Rx's. Still, I'm more of the Idiots wanted the guns cause they didn't have any, didn't think anybody was home and the knife/BK's were to make themselves feel more confident.

SomeOtherGuy
03-30-17, 15:10
Dailymail article said something about how the woman worked for a delivery service (?) and saw the house while on a delivery. That doesn't require any drugs/guns/separate relationship.

I realize many of you are LEOs and that lots of home invasions involve victims dealing drugs, but this case looks to me like really stupid criminals and some bad luck. Some loser idiots with no prior criminal experience did a dumb thing, and by chance an armed homeowner shot them. Maybe not run of the mill but doesn't seem too hard to believe, either.

Averageman
03-30-17, 15:12
I remember reading about someone being killed over their Cancer med's.
Apparently the Wife had cancer and the burglars wanted the pain meds.
These guys? Who knows?
The Intel people can pull just hooking up your cable is pretty amazing, so who knows. I always get a bit antsy about letting strangers in the house for that kind of crap.

Scrubber3
03-30-17, 15:34

I think I just heard that jingle from Law and Order go off in my head.

tehpwnag3
03-30-17, 16:58
Not exactly.

Victim was the baby daddy who wasn't paying child support, like he said he would, and hiding his income by living rent-free and doping on the side. That certainly chapped her ass. So, she coerces her obedient harem of underage sex slaves to shake him down! Big mistake. She knew he posted a lot at M4C but figured his incessant PSA bashing would distract him long enough for them to get the drop and administer a little brass knuckle love. Wrong! Always being tactically squared away, he saved his post and grabbed his forum-approved carbine (which at the time of incident had thousands of flawless rounds through it) before taking position in a textbook lane of fire. His press check was smooth and deliberate. For a brief moment, he questioned going with a 50yd zero, but he knew his offsets and his Aimpoint T1 always inspired confidence. He thumbed his ambidextrous safety lever to 'Fire' and carefully placed his finger on the very sweet Geissele SSA trigger, which broke at a carrot-like 4.5 pounds. All of a sudden the raiders piled into his FOV unaware that they were going to be engaged with a proven 3 MOA gun, but that was of little consequence. He quickly blew through both trigger stages in rapid succession in what could be best described as a modified 22422 drill. Incidentally, his A2 flash hider was surprisingly un-obnoxious to the oncoming hoard. Only moments later, after scanning for additional threats, he used his index finger to move the safety lever to "Safe". Fully intending to leave a sole survivor to tell the b*tch to f*ck off, his barrier-blind loads showed no such mercy as they ripped through all of the dirtbags in a classic 2-fer-1! With remorse, he then flushed the drugs and called 911. Upon arrival, the police notice a rather large pile of Twinkie wrappers in the street, thus spearheading their investigation.

Pretty much case closed in my view.

GTF425
03-30-17, 17:21
T1s are so 2000 and late.

But the above sounds about right.

hotrodder636
03-30-17, 17:34
I do wonder if something more will be found in this case. Those "thugs" looked pretty darn young...

ABNAK
03-30-17, 18:58

Wasn't the garage door closed in the pic I saw? Hard to tell then, no?

Scorpion
03-30-17, 19:30
http://americangg.net/new-evidence-home-invaders/?utm_source=GruntStyle&utm_campaign=GruntStyle&utm_medium=GruntStyle

Apparently they had broken into the garage earlier to steal alcohol, then came back a few hours later to try their luck in the actual house, which is when they all got their souls switched off. The cops didn't find any drugs, and Peters won't be charged.

Link also contains the 911 call.

Buckaroo
03-30-17, 19:37
http://abcnews.go.com/US/woman-charged-murder-oklahoma-home-invasion-planned-crime/story?id=46456222
"Rodriguez surmised that Peters had money and then selected his home to "hit a lick," or gain a lot of money quickly, police said.

She and the deceased suspects robbed a spare apartment at Peters' home on Monday, she told investigators.

Later in the day, the suspects, masked and dressed in black, kicked in a door and encountered Peters, who police said was armed with an AR-15 rifle.

Investigators say Peters shot the three burglars in his home.

One of the injured teenagers fled the home after being shot and scrambled to get back to Rodriguez's vehicle, but she allegedly drove away and left him there to die."

So Peters was ready for them due to the fact that his residence had been broken into earlier. Hmm, I wonder if he reported the burglary and if not why?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

SomeOtherGuy
03-30-17, 20:34
So Peters was ready for them due to the fact that his residence had been broken into earlier. Hmm, I wonder if he reported the burglary and if not why?

I read the story as suggesting that Peters was not aware of the burglary earlier in the day. Obviously the idiot burglars wouldn't have gone in like that if they thought he was aware and waiting for them.

Everyone here seems to be trying to find a way to blame Peters. Sometimes things are simple and dumb criminals get what's coming to them.

I suspect that driver-woman had some kind of "thing" with one of the dead invaders, as was rumored but apparently not confirmed.

soulezoo
03-30-17, 20:51
Occam's razor friends, Occam's razor.

SteyrAUG
03-30-17, 21:29
Well this clears up a lot.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4366048/Oklahoma-break-getaway-driver-abandoned-friends.html

Rodriguez is reported to have got to know the house when she dropped off a delivery item there and recommended the residence as a favorable burglary target for the gang.

They first broke in on Monday morning, stealing booze from the garage which is separate from the main building without disturbing the Peters family.

Having got away successfully, Rodriguez drove the three masked teenagers back. Police say that having got away with the first raid they decided to chance a second robbery in the belief that the house was unoccupied but were met by Peters.

Firefly
03-30-17, 21:56
I was not trying to "blame the shooter". Even if he was defending half of Bolivia in his basement; he had every right to do so.

I just had this nagging feeling that there was more to it, and there was.
Dude probably didnt know his stuff had been pried in and they were returning and had a "just in case" mindset and got smoked regardless.

Bitch got stupid hormonal guys to do her bidding trying yo get a payday and marched them right into a firing squad.

I find the charges more than apt, hope no desls are made, and feel satisfied with the latest info

WillBrink
03-31-17, 10:01
I was not trying to "blame the shooter". Even if he was defending half of Bolivia in his basement; he had every right to do so.

Dude probably didnt know his stuff had been pried in and they were returning and had a "just in case" mindset and got smoked regardless.

Bitch got stupid hormonal guys to do her bidding trying yo get a payday and marched them right into a firing squad.

I find the charges more than apt, hope no desls are made, and feel satisfied with the latest info

Just a crappy thing all around that seems to loop back to that scumbag chick. We all like to throw out the ra ra on their demise, and we all agree on the play stupid games win stupid prizes, but the shooter can't be having a good time right now and his life forever altered.* He'll have nightmares etc about that for a long time is my guess.

* = assuming there's not yet more to the story.

glocktogo
03-31-17, 10:07

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that some desperate dudes banged three babies into that whore. :bad:

pinzgauer
03-31-17, 10:34
I saw an interview by the girl... it's clear she was the "mastermind" (as such).

Admitted they broke into the garage and took some nominal stuff, and then "got greedy" and decided to go back and try the main house.

I've see nothing to indicate the shooter was guilty of anything other than living in his parent's nice house. Not that I'm privy, just that if there was suspicion it's often floated in the press early.

Maybe there's more to it, but I'm confident that if the girl had any dirt or knowledge on the shooter being a dealer or anything she would have squealed bigtime already. And the police would be looking for that type of connection, for sure.

All that said- I can't be the only one wondering "Was it M193 or M855?"

Grand58742
03-31-17, 10:45
All that said- I can't be the only one wondering "Was it M193 or M855?"

I'm going to lol if it comes out it was Tula.

Averageman
03-31-17, 10:49
Had there been any inclination that this guy was dealing, I would imagine the DEA would have gone through the place by now. Those kinds of secrets are hard to keep and a CI would have likely come forward at some point in an effort to save his own ass.
I will go with the simple explanation that was explained above. The girl came by for some reason, made a delivery and thought the place looked ripe for an easy rip-off.
Good Shoot and I hope that young man sleeps like a baby, he should be secure in the knowledge that had his Mother been there alone when Curly, Moe and Larry came in the back door She likely would have been hurt very badly or killed if She surprised these guys.

Moose-Knuckle
04-01-17, 03:49
The cycles of a self-defense shoot during a home invasion on a gun forum . . .

"He must have been a drug dealer."

"He will now be an emotional cripple and a broken individual the rest of his life".

:suicide2:

JC5188
04-01-17, 04:14
I don't think those of us thinking drugs were thinking dealer necessarily.

I'm from the area, and have some family history with this type shit, unfortunately. My theory was, the upper middle class guy (shooter) was a casual user, smoking weed/meth/coke/whatever. While imbibing, opened his mouth to his new "friends" about mom and dad having nice things around. What happened....then happened.

I never thought "dealer". Maybe since he obviously had access to more money than the others, he was the one holding the shit...but that's about it.

I'm 1000% glad to be wrong.

When something like this happens around here, and it's people from different socioeconomic groups that KNOW each other...it's usually an acquaintance they've done some dope with, or have gone to school with. They didn't say they were classmates.

Again, glad to be wrong.

Moose-Knuckle
04-01-17, 04:24
Wasn't "calling out" anyone in particular. Just something I've noticed.

As a home owner/husband/father/gun owner I always give the benefit of the doubt to fellow home owners defending hearth and home from the savage hoard.

There are those who actively seek to criminalize self-defense and gun ownership in our land and there are a lot of raped, tortured, and dead home invasion victims out there.

JC5188
04-01-17, 09:45
Wasn't "calling out" anyone in particular. Just something I've noticed.

As a home owner/husband/father/gun owner I always give the benefit of the doubt to fellow home owners defending hearth and home from the savage hoard.

There are those who actively seek to criminalize self-defense and gun ownership in our land and there are a lot of raped, tortured, and dead home invasion victims out there.

No doubt, and whole-heartedly agree.

Was just putting out there, where I personally was coming from. Can't speak for others.

The fact he knew her is what shaped my original opinion. That it wasn't random. Had it been random, I'd never have given dope a thought.

pinzgauer
04-01-17, 12:11
The fact he knew her is what shaped my original opinion. That it wasn't random. Had it been random, I'd never have given dope a thought.

Not sure it's safe to say "he knew her". All I've seen is a vague reference e that *she* knew him " by name".

And she's blabbing enough on camera that if she had a way to entangle the shooter she would.

I see much more significance in what she's not saying.

Eurodriver
04-01-17, 15:40
I know people who would break into my house.

Does that make me wrong for defending myself if they do?

You people...

Firefly
04-01-17, 16:02
At day's end, I don't live in Okieville and nobody cares what I think

Circle_10
04-01-17, 17:28
Saw a blurb today that the grandfather of one of the corpse's is pulling the ol' "he did wrong but didn't deserve to die." , "Shooting all three was excessive" spiel and lamenting the "unfairness" of someone with mere brass knuckles getting killed by someone with an AR-15.

WillBrink
04-01-17, 17:42
Saw a blurb today that the grandfather of one of the corpse's is pulling the ol' "he did wrong but didn't deserve to die." , "Shooting all three was excessive" spiel and lamenting the "unfairness" of someone with mere brass knuckles getting killed by someone with an AR-15.

People are making it sound that way for click bait and such. What he actually said was more along the lines of this should be a warning that doing really stupid stuff can get you killed and kids need to think about that etc. with some less logical stuff, as expected perhaps. Unless he said something to another station or something, here it is:

http://www.newson6.com/story/35038262/think-before-you-act-urges-grandfather-of-teen-killed-in-wagoner-county

Circle_10
04-01-17, 19:19
Different story with a few different quotes from the grandfather. I think this is where the reports of him considering the defender's response "unfair" came from.
http://ktul.com/news/local/family-member-of-teen-burglary-suspect-killed-in-wagoner-county-break-in-speaks-out?sdfc#

They also interviewed the getaway pig.
http://m.news9.com/story.aspx?story=35035268&catId=112032

I'm sorry we broke into his house. I'm sorry we scared him or whatever, but I'm not going to be sorry he shot somebody. He could've shot them boys in the leg. I understand he was scared, had every right, he has his rights, has his rights, I'm understanding of him. I affected his life, I'm sorry, but am I compassionate for him? He's on the bottom of my list to be compassionate for," Rodriguez said.

Firefly
04-01-17, 19:48
I'm sorry they broke into his house. I'm sorry they scared him or whatever, but I'm not going to be sorry when the state puts a needle in her arm. They could've stayed home or gotten a job. I understand they were pieces of shit, had every right, they had their rights, had their rights, I'm understanding of them. They affected his life, I'm sorry, but am I compassionate for her? She's on the bottom of my list to be compassionate for," Firefly said.

ETA If God, State, and Finances allowed for it; I'd keep a beltfed trained at my door.

Sensei
04-01-17, 20:00
Different story with a few different quotes from the grandfather. I think this is where the reports of him considering the defender's response "unfair" came from.
http://ktul.com/news/local/family-member-of-teen-burglary-suspect-killed-in-wagoner-county-break-in-speaks-out?sdfc#

A couple of thoughts:

First, fairness has nothing to do with combat. It doesn't matter if you are going to war or breaking into someone's house, there are no timeouts because one side suddenly realizes they are at a disadvantage. I suspect this concept will be especially difficult for the average, liberal millennial. Prepare accordingly.

Second, I don't think the home defender gives two shits about that fat ****'s compassion. I know I don't.

Outlander Systems
04-01-17, 20:07
I'm sorry I watched that.

Thoughts and prayers to the body stacking badass that put these shitstains down.

**** that fatbodied troll cunt.

Since we're all about, "Fair", I find it to be unfair that the good taxpayers will be feeding, clothing, and housing this useless blob of cells for any amount of time.

The criminal mindset never ceases to stun me.

Hmac
04-01-17, 20:12

Oklahoma is a "stand your ground" state. That should have served warning to potential miscreants that their lives are in danger when they do this kind of stupid shit.

This whole thing falls under the heading of "play stupid games, win stupid prizes". It truly is a real-time view of Darwinism in action. This event has shown us the cleansing of a tiny corner of the gene pool.

Moose-Knuckle
04-02-17, 03:09
ETA If God, State, and Finances allowed for it; I'd keep a beltfed trained at my door.

You seen The Accountant yet?

He has a mini-gun hanging from a suspension system trained at the door.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2878/33658832261_64e090273a_b.jpg[/url]

Joelski
04-02-17, 08:02
Seeing as no neighbors complained of projectile damage, it looks like the AR-HD debate is settled.

Circle_10
04-02-17, 09:01
THIS time the shooter lucked out because meth-head Miss Piggy didn't enter the house along with her dead boytoy rip crew, but after seeing her, it may be time to start considering harpoon guns for HD.

Hmac
04-02-17, 09:21
Seeing as no neighbors complained of projectile damage, it looks like the AR-HD debate is settled.
Maybe he didn't miss.....

Not sure that this anecdote settles anything, except perhaps that it will reinforce in the minds of the public that the AR15 is indeed a fearsome killing machine. I gotta say though...that was a young man committed to his home-defense mission.

JC5188
04-02-17, 10:44
Just reaffirms the AR 15 is the right if not best tool for the job.

BuzzinSATX
04-02-17, 13:41
I'm going to lol if it comes out it was Tula.

I bet that's a solid possibility, as is some cheap Federal AE or some other "Academy/Dicks/Walmart special" .223 FMJ plinking type load. I'm not saying it was, just that lots of folks don't put much thought into having top shelf premium ammo. And the reality is that the cheap stuff will work just fine and kill goons dead 99.99% of the time...

pinzgauer
04-02-17, 13:47
I bet that's a solid possibility, as is some cheap Federal AE or some other "Academy/Dicks/Walmart special" .223 FMJ plinking type load. I'm not saying it was, just that lots of folks don't put much thought into having top shelf premium ammo. And the reality is that the cheap stuff will work just fine and kill goons dead 99.99% of the time...
Academy brass case (monarch?) Used to be ppu, and was decent for a 223 fmj.

Sent from my PRC-104 using phonetics

Outlander Systems
04-02-17, 16:06
Is 10' still within the fragmentation range from cheap ammo?

Firefly
04-02-17, 16:11
Would it have made Ms. Rodriguez feel better if he gave them a choice between being dragged out in a bag or walking out the house on their own, but walking funny and not able to sit down for a while?

ETA From being kicked in the butt with cowboy boots

Outlander Systems
04-02-17, 16:18
Robbin' Crew be like

https://youtu.be/bZfyrIPw3wY

Firefly
04-02-17, 16:24
You joke, Outlander, but Lucky Charms is very much a motive for home invasions coming into prominence.

JC5188
04-03-17, 05:33
Somebody needs to tell these people that "shoot 'em in the leg" isn't a thing.

Dumb f**ks.

The dumbass interviewer on 60 minutes asked the cop who shot the guy in Tulsa last summer, "why didn't you just shoot him in the leg or the foot?".

Firefly
04-03-17, 07:22

Dumb f**ks.

The dumbass interviewer on 60 minutes asked the cop who shot the guy in Tulsa last summer, "why didn't you just shoot him in the leg or the foot?".

Which part of the leg would you like me to shoot?

The Femoral artery, the kneecap, or the ankle?

Certainly none of that can lead to death or permanent crippling.

Same with "winging" people. Some people actually get motivated to fight harder if it looks like they may actually die.

And this whole "unfair" spiel needs to die.

Nobody ever got killed staying home and not committing crime.

People need to stop acting like being a hood is an actual job with OSHA standards and HR.

Same with "scaring people off". Well gee shit. I gotta sleep sometime(not really), who is to say they and their friends don't come back to retaliate?

The only 'accidental' crime is revenue generating BS like doing a U turn or not wearing a seat belt.

Going into another man's home uninvited and with intent to steal or inflict harm requires a lot of deliberation.

Lessay he tried to play it "fair" and hold them at gunpoint while using his third hand to dial 911. He gets rushed, disarmed, murdered, and now the wrecking crew has a new toy.

Is that 'fair'?

I seriously doubt all these bleeding hearts would be so concerned with "fair" if it happened to them.

You know....People think like that. Like the video of the bitch who said a neighborhood thug didn't do anything wrong because "he just shot a cop".

The point is that these people's opinions don't mean a goddamn thing and the world is an overall better place with three less human turds.

Life is a Pass/Fail, Zero Sum game.

The Moral should be "Respect other people's homes and dignity" not "give your local thug a sporting chance"

Outlander Systems
04-03-17, 07:29
https://youtu.be/n_ToCYhIJAs

JC5188
04-03-17, 09:44

Same with "winging" people. Some people actually get motivated to fight harder if it looks like they may actually die.

People need to stop acting like being a hood is an actual job with OSHA standards and HR.

Same with "scaring people off". Well gee shit. I gotta sleep sometime(not really), who is to say they and their friends don't come back to retaliate?

The only 'accidental' crime is revenue generating BS like doing a U turn or not wearing a seat belt.

Going into another man's home uninvited and with intent to steal or inflict harm requires a lot of deliberation.

Lessay he tried to play it "fair" and hold them at gunpoint while using his third hand to dial 911. He gets rushed, disarmed, murdered, and now the wrecking crew has a new toy.

Is that 'fair'?

I seriously doubt all these bleeding hearts would be so concerned with "fair" if it happened to them.

You know....People think like that. Like the video of the bitch who said a neighborhood thug didn't do anything wrong because "he just shot a cop".

The point is that these people's opinions don't mean a goddamn thing and the world is an overall better place with three less human turds.

The Moral should be "Respect other people's homes and dignity" not "give your local thug a sporting chance"

Exactly.

We are taught early on what behaviors come with risk of being killed. Breaking into someone's home is high on that list. Breaking into someone's home, in Oklahoma, while armed with only a knife or knucks, is even higher.

Eurodriver
04-03-17, 09:57
You joke, Outlander, but Lucky Charms is very much a motive for home invasions coming into prominence.

HAHAHAH

usmcvet
04-03-17, 11:48
https://youtu.be/n_ToCYhIJAs

I don't even have words for that one.

Outlander Systems
04-03-17, 11:52
Read in Eric Cartman's voice:

I hate this world!

I don't even have words for that one.

SteyrAUG
04-03-17, 13:35

Is that 'fair'?

Sadly the majority of people in this country identify more with the criminal than the victim.

"Hey that could happen to me if I tried to steal something."
"Hey that could happen to my kid if he tried to steal something."

These people don't think "that is what I'd do if they came for me", they would just call the cops. But people like to think that no matter how badly they screw up, someone will protect them. They like to think if they freak out in uncontrolled rage or under the influence of drugs that there is still some kind of public "safety net" that will take care of them.

glocktogo
04-03-17, 14:30
Sadly the majority of people in this country identify more with the criminal than the victim.

These people don't think "that is what I'd do if they came for me", they would just call the cops. But people like to think that no matter how badly they screw up, someone will protect them. They like to think if they freak out in uncontrolled rage or under the influence of drugs that there is still some kind of public "safety net" that will take care of them.

Every single thing wrong in our society boils down to this one single post.

You win the internets Sir. :(

Buckaroo
04-03-17, 17:10
Shooter cleared 👍 http://m.newsok.com/article/5544038?google_editors_picks=true

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — An Oklahoma prosecutor said Monday no charges will be filed against a 23-year-old man who fatally shot three teenage intruders in his home, but that the woman who drove them there is being charged with first-degree murder.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Hmac
04-03-17, 17:43
Many, that's a really harsh lesson to be taught, and to teach. Heavy burden for that young man to carry around.

SteyrAUG
04-03-17, 18:01
Many, that's a really harsh lesson to be taught, and to teach. Heavy burden for that young man to carry around.

Hopefully not. Hopefully he's feeling lucky to be alive, fortunate to have prevailed over those who intended him harm. Hopefully he feels glad that it was him and not some other member of the family who may not have been as capable of defending himself. Hopefully the only burden he carries is "what if I wasn't there and they hurt someone I care about."

I hope he is wise enough to feel as though he has made the world a better place by removing three dangerous, violent and predatory individuals. I hope he feels contentment with the confidence that he "knows what he would do and what he is capable of doing" when placed in a life threatening situation with multiple home invaders.

Kain
04-03-17, 23:58

An MP5 wielding Socrates you are.

Firefly
04-04-17, 00:07
An MP5 wielding Confucius you are.

Fixed it for you

Sensei
04-04-17, 00:17
Here is a case that better fits the thread title:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/homeowner-arrested-fatally-shooting-intruder-found-shower-police/story?id=46536513

No reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or serious bodily harm = go to jail and do not pass go.

SteyrAUG
04-04-17, 01:54

http://abcnews.go.com/US/homeowner-arrested-fatally-shooting-intruder-found-shower-police/story?id=46536513

No reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or serious bodily harm = go to jail and do not pass go.

BS. Naked and in my house?!? Are you serious? Obviously there waiting to rape a family member or completely insane, both of which more than satisfy a serious threat. There is a chance that if he immediately and completely complied with all of my instructions that he might survive, but I wouldn't bet money on it.

A person who is calm about breaking into your house, eating your food, taking a shower, trying on your clothes and other actions which suggest they aren't trying to "get in and get out without getting hurt" and really don't mind if you happen to come home while they are still there. Well that kind of person is going to be comfortable with a lot of things that aren't in your best interest.

Moose-Knuckle
04-04-17, 03:13

Dumb f**ks.

This is due to the fact that the vast majority of people are completely ****ing stupid and they form their opinions based upon Hollywood screenplays.

Shooter cleared 👍 http://m.newsok.com/article/5544038?google_editors_picks=true

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — An Oklahoma prosecutor said Monday no charges will be filed against a 23-year-old man who fatally shot three teenage intruders in his home, but that the woman who drove them there is being charged with first-degree murder.

Great news.

Hopefully the young man has family members and friends who will support him over the long haul. I can't imagine why anyone would loose a wink of sleep over three oxygen thieves. As a society we assign some make believe value to the lives of violent criminals. The same society teaches us that unborn babies are only a clump of cells and it's a woman's "reproductive right" non-sense but yet we're supposed to be all shook up over smoking three would be home invaders armed with melee weapons.

**** that noise.

Moose-Knuckle
04-04-17, 03:22

Two problems . . .

Problem #1:

A Washington state homeowner was arrested on murder charges Saturday after he fatally shot a man he found taking a shower in his home, according to police.

Washington state isn't exactly known as a champion self-defense case law. The elected officials on the left coast are typically not 2nd Amendment friendly.

Problem #2:

"The homeowner called 911 and said that he shot and killed an intruder, Adams told KOMO."

You don't call 911 and say that . . . EVER.

You say something akin to; "Please help, my name is ______ _______, I live at _______ ________, someone broke into my home please send the police and an ambulance" then HANGUP and call your attorney.

MegademiC
04-04-17, 07:30
He also left and came back with a gun without calling police. Definately something wierd with that one.

Sensei
04-04-17, 09:18
BS. Naked and in my house?!? Are you serious? Obviously there waiting to rape a family member or completely insane, both of which more than satisfy a serious threat. There is a chance that if he immediately and completely complied with all of my instructions that he might survive, but I wouldn't bet money on it.

A person who is calm about breaking into your house, eating your food, taking a shower, trying on your clothes and other actions which suggest they aren't trying to "get in and get out without getting hurt" and really don't mind if you happen to come home while they are still there. Well that kind of person is going to be comfortable with a lot of things that aren't in your best interest.

What you wrote is not what happened. You left out a key point - the home owner left and then came back without calling police. That action right there is going to be used by the State's Attorney to show that the home owner was not in fear of his life. Had the home owner shot the intruder on the first encounter, or at least not told the police that he left and came back, he would probably not be charged. It also appears that he shot the intruder through the shower curtain. This will also be used against him to demonstrate no imminent threat. Keep in mind that WA is not a Castle Doctrine state but also has no Duty to Retreat. It always helps to understand the legal framework of your state if you choose to kill someone who broke into your house.

Outlander Systems
04-04-17, 09:56
911 Calls:

https://soundcloud.com/user-550162521/part-1-911-calls-released-in-broken-arrow-home-invasion
https://soundcloud.com/user-550162521/part-2-911-calls-released-in-broken-arrow-home-invasion

About the Hero:

"Zach Peters works at Omni Air International, a local airline, as a crew scheduler, according to his Linkedin profile. He also works at QuickFlight Services at Tulsa International Airport as an operations agent, he says on Linkedin.

He is a student at Tulsa Community College, where he is pursuing an associate’s degree in criminal justice. He is set to graduate this year.

Peters graduated from Broken Arrow High School in 2014.

“I have work experience in both retail and aviation with customer service experience in both fields. I also have my private pilot’s license, and studied the German language for four years,” he says on Linkedin."

My Hero, Tha CONUS Killah:

https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/zachary-peters-1-e1490737889733.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&strip=all

Commentary: Dude sounds switched-on. He's aware of his surroundings, and has the cognizance to describe his geographic location inside the barricaded structure. Asks to disarm AFTER dispatch provides assurance that LE has entered the residence (smart). Dispatch instructs him to disarm (stupid). Unknown, armed assailants, with an unknown disposition (dead/not-dead). Asks dispatch to send EMS, as one suspect was significantly injured. Refers to dispatcher as, "Ma'am."

When door opens, you can hear dirtbag squeals.

Zacky Peters did society several favors.

jpmuscle
04-04-17, 12:38
How about folks just don't go breaking Willy nilly into homes that don't belong to them and they won't get shot? Seems simple enough.

Outlander Systems
04-04-17, 12:46
Negative. We need the ammo manufacturers to step up and make specific, "shoot-them-in-the-leg" ammo.

Hmac
04-04-17, 12:46
It always helps to understand the legal framework of your state if you choose to kill someone who broke into your house.

It would likewise be smart to understand that same legal framework before you decide that Home Invasion is something you want to add to your resume. "Stand-your-ground" can be a bitch, apparently.

Kain
04-04-17, 13:10
Negative. We need the ammo manufacturers to step up and make specific, "shoot-them-in-the-leg" ammo.

On the shoot then in the leg, bullshit. And no, not call you out Outlander, your just the nearest post mentioning this, and I don't feel like swimming back through yesterday's posts. It is astonishing the number of times I hear that shit. Hell the number of times I've had people ask me, why not shoot them in the leg since I must be some super expert SEAL Team 83 Delta Assassin since I own guns including some ARs. In my more civil days I would try to break down why under stress most people are not shooting super precise, and how a shot to the leg could be just as lethal if it the femoral artery. Also explain most cops and citizens don't shoot well under stress, and the higher the stress and if the one side is already injured, see cop ambush for example, hit probability is going to suck as it is likely, and real imminent threat to life and well being and all that makes it much more logical to kill than try to wound. Besides, if I have reason to shoot to defense it is reason to kill, I know of know state that has laws giving parameters where shooting to wound is given. There is also the fact that shooting someone isn't like in the movies, people don't drop dead unless you take out the CNS, so you keep shooting until there isn't a threat, ect, ect, ect, preach to choir, ect, ect, ect. Anymore, "There are many kinds of wounded, until zombies start rising, there is only one kind of dead. Someone who is wounded can still return fire, pull the pin on a grenade, push a button, ect and in general continue to be a threat and try to kill you. Dead people can't."

Firefly
04-04-17, 13:27
Let's say someone used a Chainsaw instead of an AR-15.

Would that make people feel better?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxi2dwXHJZY

Vandal
04-04-17, 13:33
Evidence photos show he used a 20" AR with fixed carry handle and iron sights.

Boys, we've been wrong all this time.

ramairthree
04-04-17, 13:42
My SP1 was my home defense carbine for about a decade.

In 1994 I upgraded to a CAR-15 and used a carry handle mount for my Aimpoint 1000.

Switch finally broke on that about 3 years ago.

Outlander Systems
04-04-17, 13:43
Source?

I would laugh so hard at all gear queers.

GTF425
04-04-17, 13:50
The mind is the weapon. The rifle is just a tool.

I'm very impressed with his demeanor during the 911 call as well as his ability to commit to act so quickly. BZ to this young man.

glocktogo
04-04-17, 14:38
I'd like to take a moment here to remind everyone about the importance of PERSEC. Zach works in my AOR and I've encountered him in the past. It's disconcerting to see information about him, his employers and his educational background on social media after an incident that's garnered national attention. We've discussed the potential for this off site matter to spill over into the business side of the house. Nothing has happened here so far, but it's one more thing that needs to be discussed at staff meetings and shift briefings.

So for the sake of your loved ones, coworkers and potentially even the public at large, please consider scrubbing your social media accounts of items that may be helpful to any potential adversary. You may be the nicest person in the world, but anyone can get skylined due to unforeseen circumstances. There are people out there that will fixate on people they don't even have a tangential association with, simply because of a significant event. There are also vengeful people who retaliate when something or someone of theirs is affected.

Stay Safe Everyone!

Outlander Systems
04-04-17, 14:44
This.

I know a dude that was stalked over some shit he put up on YouTube.

I'd like to take a moment her to remind everyone about the importance of PERSEC. Zach works in my AOR and I've encountered him in the past. It's disconcerting to see information about him, his employers and his educational background on social media after an incident that's garnered national attention. We've discussed the potential for this off site matter to spill over into the business side of the house. Nothing has happened here so far, but it's one more thing that needs to be discussed at staff meetings and shift briefings.

So for the sake of your loved ones, coworkers and potentially even the public at large, please consider scrubbing your social media accounts of items that may be helpful to any potential adversary. You may be the nicest person in the world, but anyone can get skylined due to unforeseen circumstances. There are people out there that will fixate on people they don't even have a tangential association with, simply because of a significant event. There are also vengeful people who retaliate when something or someone of theirs is affected.

Stay Safe Everyone!

Sensei
04-04-17, 17:32
It would likewise be smart to understand that same legal framework before you decide that Home Invasion is something you want to add to your resume. "Stand-your-ground" can be a bitch, apparently.

Just so there is no confusion, my comments were directed at this case:

where the homeowner is being charged with murder. There is no stand your ground law in WA, but it probably would not apply if there were...

Firefly
04-04-17, 17:35
Per the WA deal....

I sorta wonder if dude wasn't screwing his wife.

ETA FWIW if I were to take a bride and caught her twenty toes in my bed with some dude after x amount of years of fidelity. I'd just pull up a chair, encourage them to finish while I ate some potato chips and had a Pibb.

I would silently and stonefacedly observe the fornication showing neither arousal nor anger.

When they were done, I'd give a standing slow clap ovation. Congratulate the UPS guy for choosing wisely. Then say "She yours now, homie" and then call every divorce lawyer within 150 mile radius.

Girls turn 18 everyday.

ABNAK
04-04-17, 17:39
My SP1 was my home defense carbine for about a decade.

In 1994 I upgraded to a CAR-15 and used a carry handle mount for my Aimpoint 1000.

Switch finally broke on that about 3 years ago.

Yeah, but you're old dude.

:rolleyes:

Firefly
04-04-17, 17:48
Yeah, but you're old dude.

:rolleyes:

Say what you will but the only thing worth a damn to come from Sweden was Aimpoints and Abba.

Their bikini team was a FRAUD.

JoshNC
04-04-17, 21:29
Say what you will but the only thing worth a damn to come from Sweden was Aimpoints and Abba.

Their bikini team was a FRAUD.

Uh, don't forget to add the AK4 and AK5 series to that list. Sure, they are the offspring of German and Belgian immigrants, respectively, but they are Swedish in their own right.

SteyrAUG
04-04-17, 22:18
What you wrote is not what happened. You left out a key point - the home owner left and then came back without calling police.

Honestly I didn't click links, news stories always load adware onto my system. Didn't know that key point, and yes it does change things a bit.

SteyrAUG
04-04-17, 22:20

If you can't handle shit inside a house during daylight with iron sights then I don't think $5k worth of accessories is gonna save you.

Firefly
04-05-17, 00:09
Uh, don't forget to add the AK4 and AK5 series to that list. Sure, they are the offspring of German and Belgian immigrants, respectively, but they are Swedish in their own right.

......I'll allow it. Just because the AK5 brought the FNC from the 70s into the 90s.

And no seriously everybody, the Swedish Bikini Team were all American chicks in wigs.

SteyrAUG
04-05-17, 00:45
......I'll allow it. Just because the AK5 brought the FNC from the 70s into the 90s.

And no seriously everybody, the Swedish Bikini Team were all American chicks in wigs.

And I don't care. Made in the USA is fine by me. Still remember when they made an appearance on "Married with Children."

platoonDaddy
04-05-17, 11:08
She was the driver and left one dieing in the yard and never called 911. What a low-life

“I’m sorry we broke into his house. I’m sorry we scared him or whatever, but I’m not going to be sorry he shot somebody. He could’ve shot them boys in the leg. I understand he was scared, had every right, he has his rights, has his rights, I’m understanding of him. I affected his life, I’m sorry, but am I compassionate for him? He’s on the bottom of my list to be compassionate for,” Rodriguez said.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/04/john-boch/details-deadly-broken-arrow-ok-burglary/

WickedWillis
04-05-17, 11:18
She was the driver and left one dieing in the yard and never called 911. What a low-life

“I’m sorry we broke into his house. I’m sorry we scared him or whatever, but I’m not going to be sorry he shot somebody. He could’ve shot them boys in the leg. I understand he was scared, had every right, he has his rights, has his rights, I’m understanding of him. I affected his life, I’m sorry, but am I compassionate for him? He’s on the bottom of my list to be compassionate for,” Rodriguez said.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/04/john-boch/details-deadly-broken-arrow-ok-burglary/

She just looks evil

sgtrock82
04-05-17, 11:20
I doubt her compassion carries much value anyway, Eff her

tehpwnag3
04-05-17, 11:24
Are those kids getting younger-looking as this story unfolds??

Scorpion
04-05-17, 11:54
Can't even find words. Not just for this bitch having the nerve to comment, but who the **** was dumb enough to ask her anything about compassion? Why is she even given a voice about the situation SHE created? Gtfo of here with that shit.

Averageman
04-05-17, 12:10
This might be a series of articles every boy should read and then sit down and have a long discussion with Dad.
Dumbassery isn't exclusive to adults, (though these Mopes were perhaps "just barely" adults) your kids need to learn this stuff and when and how to make a serious exit before things go too far.
Stupid Places with Stupid People and doing Stupid Things and all of that.

Circle_10
04-05-17, 12:11
Source?

I would laugh so hard at all gear queers.

Apparent pic of the weapon in the collage of photos at the beginning of the article.
http://tribunist.com/news/police-announce-fate-of-homeowners-son-who-killed-3-home-invaders-with-ar-15/?utm_source=GStyle

Pretty KISS setup. 20" A2, GI style nylon sling, with what looks like a Hogue grip and a spare mag pouch on the stock. Seems to have worked well.

glocktogo
04-05-17, 14:31
She just looks evil

Around here we'd call her 10 miles of bad road. :fie:

Averageman
04-05-17, 14:33
Around here we'd call her 10 miles of bad road. :fie:

I would agree, but there were likely three more teenage boys hittin' that stuff and also likely would have been there doing that except for the luck of the draw.

SteyrAUG
04-05-17, 15:13

And it's very mutual, she is at the bottom of my compassion list. Enjoy the needle bitch.

sgtrock82
04-05-17, 16:04
Can't even find words. Not just for this bitch having the nerve to comment, but who the **** was dumb enough to ask her anything about compassion? Why is she even given a voice about the situation SHE created? Gtfo of here with that shit.

TRUFF!

ABNAK
04-05-17, 18:48
And it's very mutual, she is at the bottom of my compassion list. Enjoy the needle bitch.

The more she opens her c**t mouth the more I can't wait for this to happen.

Watrdawg
04-06-17, 07:20
I can't believe she was given a platform to speak on TV. Absolutely ridiculous! That's the mainstream media for you though. They have more compassion for the criminals than the victims. It will be a good day when she takes the dirt nap.