PDA

View Full Version : Chicom spec ops and strangely familiar helicopters

Sam
03-28-17, 21:40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phETSsuUMsw

These special ops were training what appeared to be a copy of the SEALs assault on the OBL's. But look at the helicopters, one looked similar to the Hughes Little Bird and the bigger chopper looks like a Blackhawk. Some of the troops were shooting what appeared to be M4s.

Weird.

sinister
03-28-17, 21:58
The Blackhawk and Little Bird belong to the Jordanians -- they hosted the International CT Competition.

The M4s are Norinco copies.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/image-40478-2003126050985240946-fs.jpg

Firefly
03-28-17, 22:01
Not very impressive.

It's up there with the Breakdancing Soviet airborne and the goose stepping Norks.

They found a way to screw up tiger stripes.
Their rifle is pretty lame and in a proprietary 5.8 caliber
Their ARs looked DPMS grade with airsoft scopes.
And there are airsoft people who re-enacted the Osama raid in a more impressive way.

Just my observations. More godless communist heathens trying to be badass.

C-grunt
03-29-17, 00:43
Anyone else notice the reverse C-clamp grip they are using?

Sam
03-29-17, 06:15
Thanks for the story on their equipment and the Jordanian choppers.

ABNAK
03-29-17, 08:46
Meh....

Koshinn
03-29-17, 10:36
Is "chicom" still in wide use? Seems very 70s, considering there really aren't non-communist Chinese anymore.

turnburglar
03-29-17, 10:50
Looks like the little kids are trying to be like the big kids .....

soulezoo
03-29-17, 11:13
Is "chicom" still in wide use? Seems very 70s, considering there really aren't non-communist Chinese anymore.
Did you mean "non-Chinese communists"?

BBossman
03-29-17, 11:39
What they lack in quality, they make up for in quantity. Doesn't China have something like 3 million uniformed cannon fodder?

Koshinn
03-29-17, 11:48
Did you mean "non-Chinese communists"?

Well, aren't there non-chinese communists? North Korea, Russia, etc?

lowprone
03-29-17, 11:50
This is a game they are playing, scripted, with rules and point values assigned.
Americans typically let our ego's get in the way of our common sense and dismiss that which we dislike.
They may seem like actors in a B grade movie, but like the old Soviet Union,
Quantity has a Quality of it's own.

soulezoo
03-29-17, 11:51
Well, aren't there non-chinese communists? North Korea, Russia, etc?

Of course and that's what makes your comment confusing as there are plenty of non-communist Chinese

Sam
03-29-17, 11:56

So I'm old.

ABNAK
03-29-17, 12:20
So I'm old.

Don't feel bad. They'll always be ChiComs to me too!

Sam
03-29-17, 13:36
Don't feel bad. They'll always be ChiComs to me too!

Thanks sir. I don't feel bad. Once you've interacted with the communists in one way or another, you'll understand them, they never change. New names, new uniforms, new slogans, etc. but underneath ....

Outlander Systems
03-29-17, 13:48
I still say Chicoms.

So whatevs. If fee-fees get hurt, it's a them problem not a me problem.

Firefly
03-29-17, 14:45
Allies with Norks
Actively hack our shit
Been selling Taiwan wolf tickets since MacArthur
Got Nukes pointed at us

ChiComs and they can sit and spin

dwhitehorne
03-29-17, 15:59
Why do commies feel the need to jump through or crawl under fire. Saw this a few times while in the USSR with the Soves too. Also why does the cameraman always love the guy with the scope. 3x9 on point clearing the steps. Come on.

Sam you are not old. We will always call some people dope smokin hippies and red flag commies in China will always be Chicoms. David

Sam
03-29-17, 16:03
Sam you are not old. We will always call some people dope smokin hippies and red flag commies in China will always be Chicoms. David

Thank you sir. I'm with you on that. It's just easy to call them chicoms, People's Republic of China is too much. And I always refer to the other Chinese on the little island to the east of the mainland as Taiwan. LOL.

militarymoron
03-29-17, 17:00
Why do commies feel the need to jump through or crawl under fire.

Cuz it's not as difficult as crawling on top of it.

Sam
03-29-17, 17:25
Cuz it's not as difficult as crawling on top of it.

LOL.

Why don't they just long jump across it :)

Koshinn
03-29-17, 17:32
And I always refer to the other Chinese on the little island to the east of the mainland as Taiwan. LOL.

They refer to themselves as Taiwanese too.

It's just weird that there's Chicom but not Korcom (which might actually need a distinction) or Ruscom or Vietcom or Cubacom.

Outlander Systems
03-29-17, 17:36
See also:

NORKs
Pinkos
Charlies
Cubes

It's just weird that there's Chicom but not Korcom (which might actually need a distinction) or Ruscom or Vietcom or Cubacom.

26 Inf
03-29-17, 18:45
See also:

NORKs
Pinkos
Charlies
Cubes

You forgot PRC's pronounced pricks

ABNAK
03-29-17, 18:49

You forget that Russia is technically not commie anymore. IIRC the "official" worldwide tally is the ChiComs, Norks, Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia.

Sam
03-29-17, 20:54
IIRC the "official" worldwide tally is the ChiComs, Norks, Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia.

It is hard to categorize Cambodia. I know a thing or two about it. Yes, its prime minister was a former Khmer Rouge (communist) who left the KR to go to Vietnam (another communist country) to convince VN to invade Cambodia to free it from the murderous regime. And then it gets even more murky when a coalition of remaining Khmer Rouge AND former Khmer Republic leaders AND supporters of the former king fought to try to drive the Vietnamese out of Cambodia. The UN led peace accord basically combined the three factions to make peace with the government installed by the Vietnamese. The once/former Khmer Rouge defector eventually became the PM/dictator. Corrupt he is, heavy handed he is, no regards for human rights he is, but the country strive under his rule, population more than doubled (even after losing over 2 millions during the Killing Fields genocide). The country doesn't feel like a communist country in its true sense. People are free to make a living, private businesses are growing, ownership of materialistic items are allowed, etc. I can go on, but I digress.

MountainRaven
03-29-17, 22:24

The government of Taiwan is the Republic of China. Until the 1970s, the US didn't recognize the Peoples Republic of China as the government of China. In fact, China's seat in the UN - and its permanent position on the UN Security Council - was held by an ambassador sent by the Republic of China until 1971.

Of course, the US didn't recognize the Soviet Union until 1933, either (and the USSR joined the League of Nations in 1934). But there was no Russian government-in-exile, no non-communist, democratic, royalist, whatever alternative Russian government with any form of sovereignty. Chiang Kai-Shek's Republic of China has held Taiwan ever since the Japanese were driven from the island and Kai-Shek's troops evacuated the Chinese mainland.

Korea has the same sort of thing going on, but as Outlander said, the people of the Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea are called Norks.

Moose-Knuckle
03-30-17, 04:23
Why do I get the feeling that the use of terms such as CHICOMs and NORKs will soon be deemed "racist" by the PC practitioners?

Hell, a couple of years ago an enlightened member here accused one of our other members who is a Veteran of Operation Gothic Serpent of being a "racist" for referring to Somalians as skinnies. Anyone with two or more synapses firing knows that skinny refers to the Somalians gangly malnourished appearance and not the color of their skin.

:suicide:

tehpwnag3
03-30-17, 10:28
You beat me to it. First thing I thought was "What is that, a 10x CQB sniper scope??? Pfffft!!!"

Why do commies feel the need to jump through or crawl under fire. Saw this a few times while in the USSR with the Soves too. Also why does the cameraman always love the guy with the scope. 3x9 on point clearing the steps. Come on.

OH58D
03-30-17, 23:29
Hell, a couple of years ago an enlightened member here accused one of our other members who is a Veteran of Operation Gothic Serpent of being a "racist" for referring to Somalians as skinnies. Anyone with two or more synapses firing knows that skinny refers to the Somalians gangly malnourished appearance and not the color of their skin.

Is that "enlightened" member still around? Regarding Gothic Serpent, a lot of us just don't talk about it anymore unless we're at 160th Association get-togethers or in private conversations with the ones you served with. Somalia is old news from another time, and a place I'd never like to see again. The moniker of "Skinnies", as you noted, was descriptive, and crazy SOB's as well when amped up chewing khat.

Moose-Knuckle
03-31-17, 05:21
Is that "enlightened" member still around? Regarding Gothic Serpent, a lot of us just don't talk about it anymore unless we're at 160th Association get-togethers or in private conversations with the ones you served with. Somalia is old news from another time, and a place I'd never like to see again. The moniker of "Skinnies", as you noted, was descriptive, and crazy SOB's as well when amped up chewing khat.

Negative. Haven't seen him post since 2015 . . . thankfully.

CleverNickname
03-31-17, 11:14
The Blackhawk and Little Bird belong to the Jordanians -- they hosted the International CT Competition.

FWIW, the Chicoms do operate Sikorsky S-70's.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikorsky_UH-60_Black_Hawk#China_.28People.27s_Republic_of_China.29