PDA

View Full Version : Battlegrounds game (VIDEO GAME)

C-grunt
03-29-17, 00:36
This game looks amazing.

Its a multiplayer only game. The map looks to be a couple square miles. The match begins with roughly 100 players parachuting into the map. All you have starting out with is street clothes. Once you land you have to scrounge for weapons, armor, camouflage, medical supplies, ammunition, weapon attachments, etc... The game goes until there is one player left alive (or team alive, you can have teams of up to 5). While you are playing there is a shield that shrinks periodically to make the field of play smaller and forces the players to face each other. Outside of the shield is poison gas so you can't stay outside for long.

The game is in early release mode right now and is slated to come to consoles later this year.

Some gameplay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS7QlQK9McA&t=31s

Discussion of development future with gameplay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZC3HInWOBY&t=0s

Kain
03-29-17, 00:47
Makes me kind of think of Dayz if there was no zombies.

C-grunt
03-29-17, 02:35

I guess this game type is called "battle royale" and has been in other games before. I know H1Z1 had a similar game mode. The main developer of this game was the developer of several other game's battle royale game modes. This is his first stand alone game.

Koshinn
03-29-17, 02:54
I've been following the game since about October last year. I'm personally not a big fan of the battle royale / hunger games genre, but it's fun to watch from time to time.

There's a lot of truth to that. DayZ started as an ArmaII mod. The guy who made this, if I recall correctly, first made this as an ArmaIII mod. Then DayZ became a standalone game based on ArmaIII. So they share some common lineage.

Scrubber3
03-29-17, 08:02
I am interested indeed. Any news on when it will be released on Xbox1? Or do I need to get a good gaming PC?

C-grunt
03-30-17, 04:57
I am interested indeed. Any news on when it will be released on Xbox1? Or do I need to get a good gaming PC?

The developer said it is coming to consoles but it's still in Beta phase for PC which is easier to release on. The seconds video I linked talks a little about it.