PDA

View Full Version : Burris XTR II Clearance Sale 155x30 for $480.75

RobertTheTexan
03-30-17, 13:51
Not really sure where to post this, but this seems like a good buy. I own a Burris Extreme Tactical II scope. It's not the the 1-5, but the 5-25. It is a tank of a scope. It's not a lightweight scope by any means, it is SOLID. But it has really good glass. Great clarity, zero stop, rear focal plane. Granted this s not the same power as my scope, but the quality is there on mine, I'd like to think it's the same.

It's at Midway Link below.

Burris Xtreme Tactical II Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 1-5x 24mm 1/10 Mil Adjustments Illuminated Reticle Matte (http://www.midwayusa.com/product/1548347085/burris-xtreme-tactical-ii-rifle-scope-30mm-tube-1-5x-24mm-1-10-mil-adjustments-illuminated-reticle-matte?cm_mmc=pe_weekly-_-supersonic-_-burris_xtreme_tactical_II-_-20170330)

http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B3_szFRHlzPWNDZkZERXNUUxTW8

Tequila45
03-30-17, 15:22
That's all of scope for the money. I bought mine a a little over a year ago at a decent price ($650) but this is great! Like stated earlier, clear glass, daylight bright illumination, positive clicks. Only two cons (if they could be considered cons) uncapped turrets, and heavy, 24oz's

SomeOtherGuy
03-31-17, 08:01
Just dropped to $441 this morning, FYI. It's a steal at that price.

RobertTheTexan
03-31-17, 08:07
No doubt SOG, thanks for the update on the price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

voiceofreason
03-31-17, 11:46
Thank you guys, just picked one up. I owned a Burris XTR2 5-25x previously that I bought new.

Okay... so I got it shipped from Midway...

Couple issues:

installing the battery (CR2032) I noticed the o-ring was very stretched out

the two highest settings for illumination did not work (maybe it was me, I didn't read the manual)

noticed that there was a nick (semi-deep) on the tube near the ocular end

on the bottom of the scope around the center the scope was very scratched up

In my opinion, it was clearly refurbished and packaged again as new.

I contacted Midway and with no fuss they got me a RMA & return shipping label.

Never mounted it, but looking through it...

-I think the glass on my Gen 1 PST 1-4x is clearer with less distortion
-the illumination on the Burris XTR2 is daytime bright and FAR better than the PST by a large margin
-compared to a Razor 1-6x we had on hand, the glass on both the PST & XTR2 sucked big time
-I really liked the flip up scope caps that came with the XTR2, nice and laid fairly flat vs. the good but bikini scope caps on the PST 1-4x
-at $441, I'd take the Burris over the PST for the daytime bright illumination, turret feel, and the better reticle. But everything else I liked the PST better.

Will be getting a PST 1-6x when it ever comes in. Will write something up then.