PDA

View Full Version : I think I have an unhealthy magpul fixation

basilhaydenO
09-24-08, 23:05
For my first AR build, I had a complete carbine (minus stock) that sat for about six months waiting for the prerun ubr to come out, which thanks to my hovering over the computer watching for it to come out, I was lucky enough to get. That was a good day! Most people would have bought a cheap stock during the wait, but what can I say, it was my first build and I didn't want to taint it. Got the rail ladders, miad, waiting on the polymer sights to come out so that I can get those. I'm planning on piecing together a lightweight build with a ctr in the near future. I buy pmags and ranger plates every couple of months (its like christmas when they show up). I do this in limited quantity so that I can keep it up for awhile. Got magpul stickers on the truck and motorcycle helmet. But I realized that I had a problem when I find myself checking around the forums every day for an announcement that those mythical magpul lowers that I've heard about were going to be released, contrary to previous information. This must be what a crackhead feels like. Oh well, good on ya magpul guys.

karmapolice
09-24-08, 23:26
yeah magpul is good at playing "just the tip" :D

Parabellum9x19mm
09-25-08, 00:07
me wants UBR :(

NickB
09-25-08, 00:23
Post pictures of your truck and/or helmet and I'll replace your ladder panels with XTM Panels. :D

22_Shooter
09-25-08, 03:57
Got magpul stickers on the truck and motorcycle helmet.

Where does one get Magpul stickers?

(Please don't say "They come in the packaging with Magpul products", because I have a MOE stock and grip, but no stickers:()

EDIT:

I checked the Magpul website, and whuddayaknow, they have stickers. Whodathunkit? Gonna go order some.

22_Shooter
09-25-08, 04:02
Post pictures of your truck and/or helmet and I'll replace your ladder panels with XTM Panels. :D

How about a MOE stock/grip set for shaving a Magpul logo into my head?:eek:

I kid, I kid.:D

Unless.......................

sgthoskins
09-25-08, 08:21
yeah magpul is good at playing "just the tip" :D

:D I love it!

markm
09-25-08, 08:34
We backed up to our shooting spot and a guy who was leaving thought the big white magpul sticker on my Jeep was the symbol of the Empire in StarWars.

The funny thing is, I know he has PMAGs.

Some of the Magpul gear definitely has similar lines to StarWars Architecture and design.

Ridge_Runner_5
09-25-08, 12:16
I have a Magpul sticker on my car, but, me being the rocket surgeon I am, I put it on upside down:rolleyes:

mmike87
09-25-08, 21:06
I feel like I have spent a lifetime waiting for an UBR.

ThirdWatcher
09-25-08, 21:16
What's unhealthy about that?:confused:

I'm a street cop, not a health care professional so I guess I don't know what's unhealthy about being addicted to good equipment.:D

NickB
09-25-08, 23:14
How about a MOE stock/grip set for shaving a Magpul logo into my head?:eek:

I kid, I kid.:D

Unless.......................

Hmmm...I dunno...it's going to be tough to top the guy with a Magpul logo tattooed on his forearm. :p

LOKNLOD
09-25-08, 23:47
I feel like I have spent a lifetime waiting for an UBR.

Tell me about it. I spent a couple years pining after the M93...then the M93B ...then it was going to be dropped, and there was a UBR teaser...and now finally I've got a UBR. Today. Awesome :D

Ridge_Runner_5
09-25-08, 23:53
I never really saw the interest in the M93...robotic foot was all I saw...now the UBR...clean lines and consistent cheekweld of a fixed stock with the compactness and adjustability of a collapsible...Im happy with my CTR, but the UBR would totally be my next stock on a fighting weapon...likely a PRS for a long range shooter...

22_Shooter
09-26-08, 05:47
Hmmm...I dunno...it's going to be tough to top the guy with a Magpul logo tattooed on his forearm. :p

Damn!:eek:

Now that's what I call devotion.

karmapolice
09-26-08, 12:41
WTF is wrong with you.

~ Thekatar