PDA

View Full Version : Trijicon TR21 Scope Covers

9MX
09-25-08, 11:12
I'm looking at Butler Creek for the objective side cover, but I'm not sure which model to take, any suggestions?

I'm also open to other models, both for eyepiece and objective

TIA

Parabellum9x19mm
09-25-08, 23:13
right now i'm just using the bikini cover on my TR21, but i've thought about getting flip covers as well.

another scope of mine came with Bushwhacker brand scope covers. they work, but the quality isn't as good as the Butler Creek covers.

if you go with Butler Creek, can you please share the part numbers of whatever you wind up getting. i'd like to get flip covers too, just not sure what sizes to get.

thanks!

LOKNLOD
09-25-08, 23:43
Finding the right covers for these is turning out to be kind of a pain. My local place has a rack, I grabbed some and ended up returning the objective piece. For now I've only got a cover for the eyepiece.

Measuring my scope, the objective is 1.23 and the eye is 1.60.

In the Butler Creeks, that means in the black covers, you would need:
Obj: #02, 1.225
Eye: #14 1.605 (push-button flip)

and in the see-thru 'blizzards' it would be
Obj: none that fit
Eye: #05 1.6-1.69

I can confirm both of those Eye versions fit, but I haven't found a #02 for my obj. yet.

I'm going to run a black cover on the front and a clear cover on the rear. Then with my covers closed it's still an "occluded" type sight.

Brownells has all these if you search for "scope cover". I hope to get one for the obj. ordered soon.

Parabellum9x19mm
09-26-08, 00:35
very informative. thanks a lot!

9MX
09-26-08, 10:18
LOKNLOD,

Thanks for the info!;)

LOKNLOD
09-26-08, 10:31
No prob guys, I was actually planning on asking the same question.

If I get my hands on an objective cover and it does (or doesn't) fit, I'll post up, too.