PDA

View Full Version : Bombing in Russia

WillBrink
04-03-17, 08:05
At least 10 people have been killed in explosions at underground stations in St Petersburg, Russian media report.

The Tass and Interfax agencies reported the blasts hit the Sennaya Ploschad and nearby Tekhnologichesky Institut stations in the centre of the city.

Images posted on social media showed a carriage in Sennaya station with its doors blown out with casualties nearby.

President Vladimir Putin said all causes, including terrorism, were being investigated.

President Putin was in St Petersburg earlier on Monday but is now outside the city, his spokesman Dmitry Peskov said.

"I have already spoken to the head of our special services, they are working to ascertain the cause," he said, at a meeting with Belarus President Alexander Lukashenko.

Interfax reported that at least 20 people had been injured, and that one of the blasts may have involved a device filled with shrapnel.

Moscow metro officials said they were introducing extra security measures as a result.

Tekhnologichesky Institut serves metro lines one and two, with the first hall opening in 1955, followed by the second in 1961.

Sennaya Ploschad - the next station along metro line two - opened two years later, in 1963.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39481770

Firefly
04-03-17, 08:10
If I were a betting man, Chechens or Ukraine

WillBrink
04-03-17, 08:20
If I were a betting man, Chechens or Ukraine

Clearly Buddhists

grnamin
04-03-17, 08:38
Clearly Buddhists

It's the Russians.

Singlestack Wonder
04-03-17, 08:38
"I have already spoken to the head of our special services, they are working to ascertain the cause," he said"

Translated: "I put the KGB in charge of this and they will kill all of those mother f**kers"

Sam
04-03-17, 09:47
It was a retaliation to a youtube video.

TAZ
04-03-17, 09:56
Trump is obviously trying to hide evidence.

I hope Putin scorches the earth around those responsible.

chuckman
04-03-17, 10:17
I hope Putin scorches the earth around those responsible.

It is the Russian way.....

WillBrink
04-03-17, 10:20
It is the Russian way.....

There's a well known story as to why you rarely if ever hear about Russian diplomats and such being kidnapped. I'm sure some here are aware of it.

soulezoo
04-03-17, 10:21
Clearly Buddhists

Don't underestimate the Buddhists; after all, they took out all of those Muslim fishermen in Thailand.

Vegas
04-03-17, 11:26
There's a well known story as to why you rarely if ever hear about Russian diplomats and such being kidnapped. I'm sure some here are aware of it.
Something like this? http://articles.latimes.com/1986-01-07/news/mn-13892_1_soviets

"The Jerusalem Post said the Soviet secret police last year secured the release of three kidnaped Soviet diplomats in Beirut by castrating a relative of a radical Lebanese Shia Muslim leader, sending him the severed organs and then shooting the relative in the head."

WillBrink
04-03-17, 11:48
Something like this? http://articles.latimes.com/1986-01-07/news/mn-13892_1_soviets

"The Jerusalem Post said the Soviet secret police last year secured the release of three kidnaped Soviet diplomats in Beirut by castrating a relative of a radical Lebanese Shia Muslim leader, sending him the severed organs and then shooting the relative in the head."

Sumpin' like that yup. Does wonders to let would-be kidnappers know that homie don't play that.

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-03-17, 13:37

Sumpin' like that yup. Does wonders to let would-be kidnappers know that homie don't play that.

The newspaper quoted "observers in Jerusalem" as saying: "This is the way the Soviets operate. They do things--they don't talk. And this is the language Hezbollah understands."

Six Americans, missing for up to two years, are presumed to be kidnaping victims in Lebanon.

The Bear plays for keeps.

ABNAK
04-03-17, 14:59

Beirut, videos sent of family members of the accused, etc.

Inkslinger
04-03-17, 17:44
I wonder if any liberals will change the Facebook picture to the Russian flag to show solidarity? If they do we should probably investigate them...

SteyrAUG
04-03-17, 18:11
Clearly Buddhists

Once again the DNC has hacked Russia.

Cagemonkey
04-03-17, 18:25
Operation GLADIO part B?

Kain
04-03-17, 23:50

sic vis pacem para bellum. If you want peace, prepare for war. In this case, being the meanest mother****er in the game tends to mean that others are less likely to **** with you. And in some ways, regardless what others might say, it is a lot less bloody in the long run coming down on a fly with a sledgehammer if it means that the other flies see it and know that to irk you is to meet your death. But.... we have too many in positions of power who when attacked want to make nice and not leave the other guy dead and his friends shitting in their britches because you hit him so hard, and so fast, and so brutal, that their demented world view was turned on its ear.

Moose-Knuckle
04-04-17, 03:52
"I put the KGB in charge of this and they will kill all of those mother f**kers"

KGB went out with the fall of the Soviet Union.

FSB is who handles this kind of affair today, Directorate A of the FSB Special Purpose Center commonly referred to as Alpha Group will be the direct action pipe hitters delivering Putin's wrath upon the ones responsible.

Will be interesting to see who is responsible for the attack as there are a metric shit ton of Syrian opposition affiliated groups.