PDA

View Full Version : The TWINS!

C4IGrant
10-19-06, 16:33
Had two brothers (nice guys) call and order the exact same of everything. Was cool to build the same weapon twice.

Here are some pics...

C4

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/G&R%20Custom%20builds/Noveske%20Twins.JPG

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/G&R%20Custom%20builds/Noveske%20Twins1.JPG

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/G&R%20Custom%20builds/Noveske%20twins2.JPG

jmart
10-19-06, 19:41
The one on the left sure is purty!;)

SuicideHz
10-19-06, 22:15
The one on the left sure is purty!;)

It actually does look nicer to a certain extent- the flats for the Vortex ended up on the sides!

C4IGrant
10-20-06, 09:03
It actually does look nicer to a certain extent- the flats for the Vortex ended up on the sides!

LOL, as you know the Vortex will self tighten as the weapon is shot. So the one with the flats on top will most likely end up with them on the sides. ;)

C4

SuicideHz
10-20-06, 10:18
Naw, they don't move that much!

C4IGrant
10-20-06, 10:27
Naw, they don't move that much!

Depends on how much they were tightened during initial installation. I have found some Vortex's (that have been shot a lot) with over 50lbs of torque them (all done by themselves). :eek:

C4

-Wes-
10-22-06, 00:51
Damn those look nice. I think I need to change my upper on the 10.5 you built me and I still haven't even shot it yet!:(

The brothers aren't from Hawaii are they? I know of two Marines who are twins, that would be funny.

C4IGrant
10-22-06, 12:49
Damn those look nice. I think I need to change my upper on the 10.5 you built me and I still haven't even shot it yet!:(

The brothers aren't from Hawaii are they? I know of two Marines who are twins, that would be funny.

Thanks! They feature two Noveske 16" barrels with LT 13.2 rails and FITTED anti-rotation keys. CMT (G&R built) BCG's, PRI GB CH, Vortex, KG coating and TROY BUIS's.

The brothers are in IL. :D

C4

deadwood83
10-22-06, 22:31
Sheesh they sure are purty! Might sound odd but it'd make a pretty good hunting rig.
Dunno if it was stated earlier (forgive me if it was) but what gas system? Carbine or middy? I'm going to guess middy, dunno whay but it just looks middy to me.

C4IGrant
10-23-06, 08:45
Sheesh they sure are purty! Might sound odd but it'd make a pretty good hunting rig.
Dunno if it was stated earlier (forgive me if it was) but what gas system? Carbine or middy? I'm going to guess middy, dunno whay but it just looks middy to me.

They are Middy. I don't think Noveske offers a 16" with anything, but a mid-length gas system.

They are very accurate uppers and would make a good varmint rig for sure.

C4

alias
11-04-06, 19:52
Grant,
Did you have any probs of compatability with the Vltor Mur upper and the Larue rail?
Also, what about the Mur not fitting a standard upper receiver block?
Thanks in advance!

militarymoron
11-04-06, 20:13
not grant, but figured i could answer. the anti-rotation plate/key (as grant mentioned above) needs fitting to the MUR receiver.
when i installed a larue rail on a MUR, i cut off the right side of the anti-rotation key as it's the left side that keeps the rail from loosening.
if you use a DPMS 'claw' receiver block, it fits inside the receiver, so the outside profile doesn't matter.

alias
11-04-06, 21:08
MM,
Thanks.
On a recent one I did, not only did the locking plate need milling modification,
but I also needed to reduce the head diameter of the twin locking screws.
End result was just fine.

C4IGrant
11-06-06, 07:39
MM,
Thanks.
On a recent one I did, not only did the locking plate need milling modification,
but I also needed to reduce the head diameter of the twin locking screws.
End result was just fine.

MM is correct. I use the DPMS receiver block with the MUR (works just fine). For installation of the LT locking keys, I hand grind each one to fit and then shoot it with KG coating.

C4

alias
11-06-06, 11:39
Thanks!!!!!
If these MUR uppers become common, I'll get a DPMS block.