PDA

View Full Version : REVIEW: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

WillBrink
04-05-17, 09:45
Takes place in the Harry Potter world and feels like Harry Potter 2.0. with adults. Some movies are long, some just feel long. This one would be in the latter category. Excellent visuals, sets, and CGI, but far too many cute snugly CGI magic creatures trying too hard to make you go "awwwwwww" for my taste, and a plot used repeatedly in other movies. Maybe fun for kids (though some scenes and themes may disturb little kids), it felt like it should have ended 15-20 mins before it does. C+

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vso5o11LuGU

BuzzinSATX
04-05-17, 09:57
I thought the movie was entertaining. I agree with most of your overall assessment about it, but the title demanded they have lots of creatures IMO. Watched it on a 65" Samsung curve via Amazon Prime..it definitely had cool graphics.

militarymoron
04-05-17, 12:24
I typically like these sort of movies, but I lost interest after an hour and didn't finish it.

WillBrink
04-05-17, 12:57
I typically like these sort of movies, but I lost interest after an hour and didn't finish it.

Got very close to doing that myself at several spots in that movie.

RazorBurn
04-05-17, 20:16
My wife, son, and I saw it at the theater when it came out. I liked it, and thought it was pretty good for what it is. It's hard to follow up the masterpeices that were Harry Potter. I thought it was a solid movie, and certainly had it's moments. I thought the plot misdirection on who the villan(s) were was very well done. I rank it a solid B myself. Unfortunately nothing will ever compare to Harry Potter, and that's the problem.