PDA

View Full Version : Best Aimpoint Flip to Side Mount.

Knorth
04-05-17, 18:07
Hello all,

I'm not finding many options for a quality flip to side magnifier mount. Larue looks like the only thing out there. What are you guys using and or recommend? I'm not against Larue, I just like options. If you could post pics that would be great also.

Thanks.

Screwball
04-05-17, 18:21
LaRue was my choice... being I got one that lined up with the standard Aimpoint PRO mount height. Sorry I don't bring anything else to the table, but can't go wrong with LaRue.

CDR_Glock
04-05-17, 19:51
Larue and American Defense Manufacturing are my options.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Furbyballer
04-06-17, 07:21
The new aimpoint mounts are really top notch, especially their new twist/flip mount.

kwilkin
04-06-17, 10:34
The new aimpoint mounts are really top notch, especially their new twist/flip mount.

This.

The next best option is the Wilcox Industries Flip Mount, but you will need their (or some) riser for use on an AR15.

Slippers
04-06-17, 10:44

Agreed on this. I have a couple of the bases on several rifles so I can easily move my magnifier around. The ability to flip to side or pop it off the base with one hand is excellent. TNVC also makes a PVS14 adapter ring that uses the Aimpoint flip/twist mount base.

Knorth
04-06-17, 11:53
Ok, I like the idea of the Aimpoint mount. I already have the twist mount base,so I'll look around at pricing. I'm assuming Strohman is probably the best way to go.

drummerdude1188
04-06-17, 13:28
Ok, I like the idea of the Aimpoint mount. I already have the twist mount base,so I'll look around at pricing. I'm assuming Strohman is probably the best way to go.

I contacted him but they don't carry the mounts. Ended up getting mine from larue and it took months to get. I got the tall mounts from them and the new Aimpoint C magnifier that I'm trying to offload. if your looking for a set contact me. The aimpoint mount also looks pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stickman
04-06-17, 14:01

Another vote for this.

SGTMAJ
04-06-17, 14:39
I have the Larue and really like it

Furbyballer
04-06-17, 14:52
I also have a larue tall mount because its the only one that I have found that lines up nicely with my bobro 1.7in tall t2 mount. However, I prefer the aimpoint mount over the larue for the reasons listed above by several dudes already.