PDA

View Full Version : This forum would be boring if we all just bought Colts (and Magpul and Surefire)

Eurodriver
04-08-17, 06:24
$690 OEM1 from Grant. My first thought opening the box was "Damn, the finish on this thing is perfect. Why can't I ever get one that's all ****ed up like I hear about on the internet?" (I've yet to see one in bad condition IRL.) Threw on some spare MOE furniture I had, and a DD fixed rear. Got an M600U from Arisaka Defense. It's not fancy. First round at 100 yards was about 3" right. Adjusted the rear. Shot a group of 3 rounds that were almost touching just off to the right. Adjusted it a tad more and fired 5 that grouped sub 1" right in the middle. Ammo used was 64gr GDHP.

http://i.imgur.com/hjpZEQC.jpg

This time of year I get little time to spend outdoors. So I was a little miffed that 9 rounds in for the day the rifle was already exceeding expectations and hitting right where I wanted it to. I threw in some 55gr Wolf Gold and shot another 500 rounds at various sized BGs out to 300y in decent wind conditions (15-20mph).

Of course there were no malfunctions. The accuracy despite the fixed irons, no free float barrel, and shooting from the sitting position was on point. This rifle was bought for travelling to be cheap and disposable, but it feels like my favorite one now. No heavy ass suppressors or expensive ass lasers. There's no reason to baby it. The best part about my day was when I shot the target above next to some brotatoes who had their badass custom builds with Strike Eagle optics and I outshot all of them despite shooting from the sitting position while they shot from bagged rests. "But MLOK > Keymod homie!" was pretty much all they talked about. I couldn't figure out how a rail attachment method puts rounds on target, unfortunately.

Members of M4C - I'm sorry I didn't buy a 12.5" Midlength by some fly-by-night assembler using cheap components with some bottom of the barrel optic and run into issues to provide a controversial topic for the forum to chat about. :sad:

http://i.imgur.com/5NuxS6s.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/yREO5Og.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/tsyW1NBg.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/6mkSbhY.jpg

Nightstalker865
04-08-17, 06:40
I'm jealous Euro. I've been wanting to pick up a 6920, as a cheap do all rifle for a few years now. Just can't ever make myself pull the trigger on one. That price sure is tempting though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TaterTot
04-08-17, 06:42
Look man that fsb isn't even crooked. You're depriving us of entertainment by not buying a bottom tier junker. What am I supposed to point and laugh at today, fat people at Wal-Mart? This is terrible. 😂

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

Canonshooter
04-08-17, 09:59
KISS is beautiful, the Colt brand makes it even more so. Yet another unadulterated carbine that defies expectations.

Fordtough25
04-08-17, 10:10
I love it!! Just snagged a new colt myself and I have the same observations, I couldn't believe it either!! I did slap my acog on it though lol

MegademiC
04-08-17, 10:22
You need to change a bunch of shit so you can ask questions...

Nice blaster.

556BlackRifle
04-08-17, 10:27

Nice blaster.

LOL.... Coffee sprayer right there.

VIP3R 237
04-08-17, 10:32
99% of shooters would be better off with a simple carbine like that than all the wiz-bang sh!t you see out there.

BBossman
04-08-17, 10:42
Needs more UTG "flare", obviously you don't operate...

VARIABLE9
04-08-17, 10:51
Members of M4C - I'm sorry I didn't buy a 12.5" Midlength by some fly-by-night assembler using cheap components with some bottom of the barrel optic and run into issues to provide a controversial topic for the forum to chat about. :sad:

LOL

I felt the same way.

SeriousStudent
04-08-17, 11:19

]

That was damn thoughtless of you. What do you expect us to do without rage and controversy? Go out and actually train to a set of standards, or some other crazyass idea?

MistWolf
04-08-17, 11:24
You'll need to keep an eye your extraction, or just save yourself the trouble and install a Colt spring- oh, wait a minute- that's not gonna be a problem.

Meloniting isn't as good as chrome lining and- no, that's not it. Hmm.

I know! A carbine buffer is really too light, especially when the barrel is over gassed- oh, that's right. It comes with an H buffer.

Buffer tubes should be made of 7075 aluminum- no, that's not the problem.

Staking! I bet it's not- that's not it either. Lessee, barrel steel? No. Anodizing? Twist? Chamber? No, no and no.

I got! You Paid a Premium for the Prancing Pony (PPPP) and Milspec is Minimum Spec (MSMS). I knew there was something!

Rogue556
04-08-17, 11:36
Colt must sprinkle magical fairy dust on their barrels during assembly or something. They definitely have it down to a science.

I don't understand why more people aren't stocking up on these things. I, against my better judgment, went to a rather large gun show recently out of curiosity and found complete NIB 6920's and 6720's for $799. I plan on picking up two or three on principle alone.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Inkslinger
04-08-17, 12:19
It could really benefit from a Trash Con trigger and a ShitFire stock.

magister
04-08-17, 13:31
A plain Jane 6920 working well outta the box? Pssh.

Throw some some utg and nc star bling on it then get back to us!

Stickman
04-08-17, 14:08
Sub one inch groups with generic iron sights from a sitting position using a stock non-FF barrel and off the shelf ammo in 15-20 mph winds? I've shot with Olympic alternates, and they don't seem to be able to make a stock Colt M4 do that well.

CPM
04-08-17, 14:14
Threads like this where the same posters fellate one another over a Colt or BCM are horribly boring.

RJflyer
04-08-17, 14:22

This made me laugh, because recently I picked up a couple of 6920s with the expectation that I was going to drop a few hundred bucks on aftermarket triggers. I've read so much online about how un-usable the mil-spec triggers are. But before I dropped the extra money, I decided to at least give the stock triggers a try for the first few hundred rounds.

I'm glad I did because I had no trouble putting together reasonable groups (at least by my standard) with the stock setup. I think I'll stick with these triggers and spend the $ on ammo instead...even if that makes me less of an "operator"

PattonWasRight
04-08-17, 15:12
LoL! Nail on the head. Congrats man, I'm a fan of underdogs that get 'er done!

Eurodriver
04-08-17, 15:33
Sub one inch groups with generic iron sights from a sitting position using a stock non-FF barrel and off the shelf ammo in 15-20 mph winds? I've shot with Olympic alternates, and they don't seem to be able to make a stock Colt M4 do that well.

Maybe I should compete in the olympics then.

I heard similar comments from haters when I asked what it would take to hit small gongs at 600 yards. "IMPOSSIBLE" the internet said.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?179387-600-yard-steel-shooting-with-5-56-9-22-16-0-820-MOA-600yd

Then I started shooting 8" gongs at 600 - in a hurricane. Maybe they just need more practice?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAzV7X5EPbc

PattonWasRight
04-08-17, 15:44
Then I started shooting 8" gongs...in a hurricane. Maybe they just need more practice?

https://youtu.be/IAzV7X5EPbc Love the Grandpa at the end .... "show off!"

cistercian
04-08-17, 16:01
I like my 6920 colt/aimpoint M4S combo and decided I wanted a midlength. I just brought a Daniel Defense M4V7 Mloc home. Aimpoint M4S inbound as well as a
Geissele SSA-E trigger. Perhaps I will come back to report what kind of horror malfunctions occur.

But I doubt that will be the case. Fingers crossed!!!

Canonshooter
04-08-17, 16:13
Then I started shooting 8" gongs at 600 - in a hurricane. Maybe they just need more practice?

https://youtu.be/IAzV7X5EPbc

Don't mean to be a dumb ass, smart ass or be contentious, but I have to ask: what is the purpose of the white-light WML on that rifle? It seems to be set up for longer range engagements...

BTW, you need to try that at -5 degrees F. with the wind-blown snow. ;-)

RHINOWSO
04-08-17, 16:46
Hey, it's Eurodriver - check yo-self. ;)

RHINOWSO
04-08-17, 16:48
Oh, nice rifle BTW.

Eurodriver
04-08-17, 17:11
Don't mean to be a dumb ass, smart ass or be contentious, but I have to ask: what is the purpose of the white-light WML on that rifle? It seems to be set up for longer range engagements...

BTW, you need to try that at -5 degrees F. with the wind-blown snow. ;-)

Not a dumb question at all.

It isn't used for white light :)

Stickman
04-08-17, 17:31
Maybe I should compete in the olympics then.

I heard similar comments from haters when I asked what it would take to hit small gongs at 600 yards. "IMPOSSIBLE" the internet said.

I'm not sure what a video of you shooting prone supported with a scope has to do with your current post. In one you are shooting from a prone supported firing position, in the other you are sitting unsupported. In one you are using a free floating barrel, in the other you are not. In one you are using a scope, in the other you are using generic iron sights. The ammunition and barrel differences are unknowns.

I consider your groups to be remarkable as Molon has test fired that ammunition for accuracy using:

"Accuracy testing was conducted following my usual protocol of firing 10-shot groups from a concrete bench at a distance of 100 yards using my 24” Krieger barreled AR-15. This barrel has a 1:7.7” twist. The free-float rail of the rifle rested in a Sinclair Windage Benchrest and the PRS stock was stabilized in a Protektor bunny-ear rear bag. Wind conditions were monitored using a Wind Probe. Sighting was performed using a Leupold Competition Series scope with a mirage shade. The scope was adjusted to be parallax free at 100 yards."

He states his groups to have been "Three 10-shot groups of the Speer LE 64 grain Gold Dots fired in a row had extreme spreads that measured: 1.11”, 0.91”, 1.30”

For you to be bettering his, from an unstable shooting position, without the aid of magnification is highly remarkable.

Eurodriver
04-08-17, 17:43
Hence why I remarked on it!

Canonshooter
04-08-17, 17:45
Not a dumb question at all.

It isn't used for white light :)

Ah, OK - thanks.

Outlander Systems
04-08-17, 18:25
You've openly admitted that you're a mediocre shooter.

Dennis
04-08-17, 18:45
I love my simple builds but I think us enthusiasts have that luxury with a safe full of awesome accessories to back them up!

All the guys we love to make fun of are just trying to enjoy their toys to the best of their minimally informed consumer commodity driven abilities. I have buddies that ignore my direct advice and in turn I get to make fun of them endlessly as each crappy choice goes wrong...

But my main point here is I have a hard time looking at combined BCM/Magpul furniture and I have no logical reason for it! :-P

Dennis.

Outlander Systems
04-08-17, 19:01
Do it, dude. Grant's price is on these is absolutely ludicrous.

I'm jealous Euro. I've been wanting to pick up a 6920, as a cheap do all rifle for a few years now. Just can't ever make myself pull the trigger on one. That price sure is tempting though!

26 Inf
04-08-17, 19:02

Fvck! Now I'm gonna have to start taking a camera crew with me everywhere I go.

I draw the line at voluntarily going outdoors when it is raining, or ever running around in a uni or accoutrements.

I can see it now.....

'Now Marlin, Jim is ambling up to the line. The diffident 63 year old self-consciously does some torso twists and knee bends, apparently to loosen his arthritic joints before dropping into position.......

kirkland
04-08-17, 19:23
You'll need to keep an eye your extraction, or just save yourself the trouble and install a Colt spring- oh, wait a minute- that's not gonna be a problem.

I know! A carbine buffer is really too light, especially when the barrel is over gassed- oh, that's right. It comes with an H buffer.

Staking! I bet it's not- that's not it either. Lessee, barrel steel? No. Anodizing? Twist? Chamber? No, no and no.

I got! You Paid a Premium for the Prancing Pony (PPPP) and Milspec is Minimum Spec (MSMS). I knew there was something!

Hahahaha... that's great!

Alex V
04-08-17, 19:52
If I wasn't living in NJ I would have two or three of these sitting in the closet just in case.

Nice blaster Euro

Spin Drift
04-08-17, 21:22
Needs moar... Tapco.

Just sayin.

Then you would be Mr OAF.

MegademiC
04-08-17, 21:25
Love the Grandpa at the end .... "show off!"

That old guy sounded cool as hell.

MegademiC
04-08-17, 21:30
I'm not sure what a video of you shooting prone supported with a scope has to do with your current post. In one you are shooting from a prone supported firing position, in the other you are sitting unsupported. In one you are using a free floating barrel, in the other you are not. In one you are using a scope, in the other you are using generic iron sights. The ammunition and barrel differences are unknowns.

I consider your groups to be remarkable as Molon has test fired that ammunition for accuracy using:

"Accuracy testing was conducted following my usual protocol of firing 10-shot groups from a concrete bench at a distance of 100 yards using my 24” Krieger barreled AR-15. This barrel has a 1:7.7” twist. The free-float rail of the rifle rested in a Sinclair Windage Benchrest and the PRS stock was stabilized in a Protektor bunny-ear rear bag. Wind conditions were monitored using a Wind Probe. Sighting was performed using a Leupold Competition Series scope with a mirage shade. The scope was adjusted to be parallax free at 100 yards."

He states his groups to have been "Three 10-shot groups of the Speer LE 64 grain Gold Dots fired in a row had extreme spreads that measured: 1.11”, 0.91”, 1.30”

For you to be bettering his, from an unstable shooting position, without the aid of magnification is highly remarkable.

It was a 5 shot group.

I've shot some great 5 shot groups, consistently wit certain ammo, but 10s always open up significantly. I don't think anyone is (shouldnt) take this as the gun is capable of sub moa all day long, but it's good, and you can be good if you practice and stop worrying about hardware "upgrades".

At least that's my take.

Eurodriver
04-08-17, 21:39
Duplicate.

Eurodriver
04-08-17, 21:40
Look man that fsb isn't even crooked. You're depriving us of entertainment by not buying a bottom tier junker. What am I supposed to point and laugh at today, fat people at Wal-Mart? This is terrible. ��

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

These two posts made me lol.

Threads like this where the same posters fellate one another over a Colt or BCM are horribly boring.

What threads do you enjoy reading about?

I was a wee bit tipsy (still was when I made this so I cleaned it up!) when I replied to your post earlier. Now that I'm up and running I'd like to throw out some maths and opine.

Molon used three 10 round groups. I used one five round group. That is a significant difference. (Source - from Molon himself)
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/279218_The_Trouble_With_3_Shot_Groups.html

My post was remarkable and I mentioned it here for two reasons. 1) Being off 3" at 100 yards from a brand new gun and iron sight was pretty good. 2) My last 5 rounds were <1" (I didn't measure. That red circle is 1.5" if you want to run it in a calc)

I made no insinuation or implication that my next 5 rounds would be under 1". I was excited to see my rifle was in very good working order, and that I got it there very quickly. I felt like sharing that. As I said, this rifle travels with me so I zeroed it to the GDHP that I keep in the gun. Once it was zeroed, given the cost of GDHPs, I threw in the Wolf Gold.

I would be happy to fire some 10 round groups from the sitting and post them up, but if I blow out the bullseye you'll say it wasn't at 100 yards, or I used another gun or a rest. And if the groups increase significantly you'll say the pics in the OP are faked. See, I've been there and done that on M4C before. User Noodles in the 600y thread is a great example. Some folks have said I go too far to prove my credibility, but I don't view things like your post as a negative.

I love the process of improving. It gets me at the range practicing more than I would otherwise and only ends up making me a better shooter. People see small groups online and think there's no way that's real. But I've never seen those people at the range in a hurricane shooting 400 yards with iron sights.

Back to group sizes - firing 10 shot groups is such a statistically significant difference it is not fair to compare them. We can't say we need to see 10 shot groups to fairly analyze the precision of a rifle and then when someone posts a great 5 round group say it isn't real because its so small. We can only have it one way. Going from 3 shots to 10 increases a hypothetical groups ES over 100%. Source:

http://precisionrifleblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/statistics-shooting-and-the-myth-of-the-three-shot-group.pdf

Right off the bat, we can make a rather important observation - our 0.83 MOA group, should we fire any more shots,
will very likely grow in size. In fact, if we fire 10 shots, it’s likely (based on our initial 3-shot group) that one will be
outside of almost 1.7 MOA!

Finally, a 15mph wind at a 45* angle to the shooter (approximate conditions yesterday) will move 64gr GDHP moving at 2500 FPS 0.2" at 100 yards. That FPS is out of a 10.5" (the only data I have in my calc) so a 16" is only going to shift less, and any good shooter is going to wait for lulls in the wind to shoot anyway in order to avoid being blown around.

I'm not really sure what you're on about. Why, after 10,000 posts and 7 years on this forum, would I choose today to throw out all of my credibility in order to defend Colt 6920s with a lie while nearly everyone on this forum already knows it is the "standard"? I've gone out of my way and done as much as possible to prove that what I say I do on M4C has actually been done - even so much as posting the raw uneditted videos of me shooting long range to show the consistent hits.

Can't wait to post up some more pics of targets this rifle shoots. Maybe my next five rounds will be in a completely different position and just as small. Maybe it'll be a larger group overlayed over the bull. Who knows. That's what makes all of this interesting.

You've openly admitted that you're a mediocre shooter.

Shhh. You might become instafamous!

Fvck! Now I'm gonna have to start taking a camera crew with me everywhere I go.

I draw the line at voluntarily going outdoors when it is raining, or ever running around in a uni or accoutrements.

I can see it now.....

'Now Marlin, Jim is ambling up to the line. The diffident 63 year old self-consciously does some torso twists and knee bends, apparently to loosen his arthritic joints before dropping into position.......

Absolutely, but there's always going to be someone who questions how you shoot a gun as well as he shoots a camera. :) I've said it before, but I always I thought you were like 40...

RHINOWSO
04-08-17, 21:42
It was a 5 shot group.

I've shot some great 5 shot groups, consistently wit certain ammo, but 10s always open up significantly. I don't think anyone is (shouldnt) take this as the gun is capable of sub moa all day long, but it's good, and you can be good if you practice and stop worrying about hardware "upgrades".

At least that's my take.
+1000

DGB
04-08-17, 22:12
The more Eurodriver posts I read, the more I like him. Nice shooting. Semper Fi.

26 Inf
04-08-17, 22:21
Absolutely, but there's always going to be someone who questions how you shoot a gun as well as he shoots a camera. :) I've said it before, but I always I thought you were like 40...

I'm actually 15 with 48 years of practice.

MistWolf
04-08-17, 23:12
I can't tell you how many years my grandmother practiced being 29. She got real good at it!

Firefly
04-08-17, 23:41
Buy right, know what you're doing, and life is boring and uneventful in the most delightful of ways

Stickman
04-09-17, 00:52
I don't view things like your post as a negative.

You shouldn't view it as a negative. You are the only person who knows the groups, equipment and situations under which you were shooting. If I felt certain you were lying, I would call you a liar. It wouldn't be the first time on the internet, it wouldn't be the last. If you fired that group, it is remarkable shooting, especially as I previously noted. If you do the match with what the barrel is known to be good for, as well as what the ammo is known to be good for, what you stated is possible. Barely, but it is possible.

I have fired drills that people have said were impossible based on number of rounds and some other mandatory manipulations and times. I haven't bothered trying to argue the point with people, I let them get schooled by other people who witnessed my shootings and drills. I recently posted in my forum here about Project Reject, which is about a barrel returned due to lack of accuracy. People are free to come argue how well the barrel does or doesn't shoot, I'm not worried about it either way.

Eurodriver
04-09-17, 04:17
FWIW, I edited my post. I didn't realize how preachy it sounded. I need to stop posting on M4C after happy hours! I do enjoy the criticism that M4C brings to be frank. No sweat.

Thanks for the reply Stick.

Lost at sea
04-09-17, 06:49
Aye!

The Colt 6920 was my first foray into the AR wonderland thanks in part to the knowledgable scalawags.

Outlander Systems
04-09-17, 07:41
I have zero pictures/evidence, but a friend of mine shot sub MOA groups with an inherited 1960s Marlin lever action, that we both felt should have been impossible.

If I wasn't there to personally witness it, I would have never believed it.

We were zeroing up for a hog hunting trip, and he, on a wild hair, decided he was going to take the Marlin along instead of his AR.

What was even more impressive was the fact that after establishing zero, he loaded up some cheap Core Lokt and the previously acceptable ~2MOA he was getting from "match ammo" proceeded to shrink significantly.

On paper, none, absolutely none of the above should have happened.

You shouldn't view it as a negative. You are the only person who knows the groups, equipment and situations under which you were shooting. If I felt certain you were lying, I would call you a liar. It wouldn't be the first time on the internet, it wouldn't be the last. If you fired that group, it is remarkable shooting, especially as I previously noted. If you do the match with what the barrel is known to be good for, as well as what the ammo is known to be good for, what you stated is possible. Barely, but it is possible.

I have fired drills that people have said were impossible based on number of rounds and some other mandatory manipulations and times. I haven't bothered trying to argue the point with people, I let them get schooled by other people who witnessed my shootings and drills. I recently posted in my forum here about Project Reject, which is about a barrel returned due to lack of accuracy. People are free to come argue how well the barrel does or doesn't shoot, I'm not worried about it either way.

Beat Trash
04-09-17, 09:08
I don't need to see a video to know what a Colt 6920, in the hands of a competent shooter can do from a bench at 100 yds.

I have a few of the latest and greatest mid length guns with m-lok (currently using a DD V7LW as a Patrol Rifle). But each of my kids and step-kids are/were given a Colt 6920. The only difference between the OP's gun and the set up for my kids is the hand guard. I tried one of MagPUl's MOE SL hand guards when they came out. I liked them so much that I put them on all of the 6920's. Pain to install, but really changes the feel and looks of the gun. While I was at it, I put the MagPul MOE SL stocks on them also.

It's easy for gun enthusiasts talking to each other on the internet to look at a gun such as the 6920 as outdated. A fixed front sight? Carbine length gas system paired with a 16" barrel? But for a non-enthusiast, the 6920 when properly outfitted like the OP did with his, makes a lot of sense.

All of my kids/step-kids can shoot. Not all of them are interested in shooting as a hobby and not all of them have jobs requiring them to be armed. For them, a Colt 6920 makes a lot of sense.

Eurodriver
04-09-17, 11:16
Aye!

The Colt 6920 was my first foray into the AR wonderland thanks in part to the knowledgable scalawags.

Howdy,

I think I might have a new favorite member.

Regards,
Beretta 93R

Evel Baldgui
04-09-17, 11:30
I have had a standard out of the box 6920 for several years, very boring gun, just like my standard out of box g19. Yep, boring as hell, press trigger bang, hit target, repeat. Thankfully, I value boredom.

williejc
04-09-17, 14:52
You can get a really good deal on an Expanse. :cool:

Firefly
04-09-17, 17:44
You can get a really good deal on an Expanse. :cool:

You joke but you could easily swap/correct the corner-cutting if so inclined. :)

vicious_cb
04-09-17, 18:17
You're right Im getting bored of this thread by the second! We need some controversy so Im gonna rebarrel my shot out upper with some el cheapo ballistic advantage nitride barrel with god knows what size gas port to see how many rounds it can go before going tits up.

26 Inf
04-09-17, 21:42
You're right Im getting bored of this thread by the second! We need some controversy so Im gonna rebarrel my shot out upper with some el cheapo ballistic advantage nitride barrel with god knows what size gas port to see how many rounds it can go before going tits up.

I'm pretty happy with both my BA barrels. I have a 16 inch Premium BA Hanson and the same barrel in 18 inch on my wife's rifle (if your not married that is code for 'another of my rifles'). I know they are not the same as the nitrided 4150 barrels.

ubet
04-10-17, 08:24
My first and only ar is a 6920. It's been flawless for what I need, wish I was half as accurate as the op is with his!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

uniform64
04-10-17, 14:15
Boring is good.

C-grunt
04-10-17, 17:42
Euro I get what you're saying about the 6920 being your favorite.

A while back I built a M16A4(ish) rifle to practice my iron sights and to have a rifle that I don't have to worry about batteries with. It quickly became my favorite rifle. I enjoy the simplicity of the iron sights and they make me concentrate more on my fundamentals. Getting good hits on steel or good groups on paper with it is more rewarding.

cistercian
04-12-17, 00:31
The only 2 things "wrong" with a 6920 is carbine length and non free float. I can't wait to see Colts new mid length. I will buy it on the spot.

Price be damned....well...to a certain extent. All things being equal, I prefer Colt.

On the upside I have a complete bolt carrier assembly spare...made by colt. And extractors and firing pins, and springs. Because I know they will work.

mballz23
04-12-17, 00:50
My first and only ar is a 6920. It's been flawless for what I need, wish I was half as accurate as the op is with his!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

As momma always said. Perfect practice makes perfect execution. Go shoot.

Eurodriver
04-12-17, 07:03
Euro I get what you're saying about the 6920 being your favorite.

A while back I built a M16A4(ish) rifle to practice my iron sights and to have a rifle that I don't have to worry about batteries with. It quickly became my favorite rifle. I enjoy the simplicity of the iron sights and they make me concentrate more on my fundamentals. Getting good hits on steel or good groups on paper with it is more rewarding.

Yep. The expensive ARs with lasers and optics just feel right to be babied. Even though we all buy quality stuff that withstands abuse who wants to drop a $5000 rifle in the mud or bang a suppressor against a concrete wall? We buy quality kit in case it happens, not to do it deliberately. And of course the reward from shooting such a rifle well is minimal.

This rifle is almost the opposite. I want to abuse it. I want to bury it in the sand and then ring some steel. Let's see what it can really do when the conditions are challenging.

Feline
04-12-17, 09:20
I'm still waiting for these to come down to the $6-650 range.

johnnywitt
04-12-17, 19:33
I don't need to see a video to know what a Colt 6920, in the hands of a competent shooter can do from a bench at 100 yds.

I have a few of the latest and greatest mid length guns with m-lok (currently using a DD V7LW as a Patrol Rifle). But each of my kids and step-kids are/were given a Colt 6920. The only difference between the OP's gun and the set up for my kids is the hand guard. I tried one of MagPUl's MOE SL hand guards when they came out. I liked them so much that I put them on all of the 6920's. Pain to install, but really changes the feel and looks of the gun. While I was at it, I put the MagPul MOE SL stocks on them also.

It's easy for gun enthusiasts talking to each other on the internet to look at a gun such as the 6920 as outdated. A fixed front sight? Carbine length gas system paired with a 16" barrel? But for a non-enthusiast, the 6920 when properly outfitted like the OP did with his, makes a lot of sense.

All of my kids/step-kids can shoot. Not all of them are interested in shooting as a hobby and not all of them have jobs requiring them to be armed. For them, a Colt 6920 makes a lot of sense.

I agree Beat Trash. Can't beat a Good Basic Colt & as a SHTF Gun I really like slightly overgassed. No telling what junk ammo you, or your Family Members might need to fire in the future. A 16" barrel w/ Carbine Gas and a H Buffer is tried and true- just like the Colt 6920/6720 Platform.

pag23
04-12-17, 19:53
No fair he was shooting the target upside down...lol

opngrnd
04-12-17, 20:52
I threw the SL MOE forward on a 6920 as well, and I'd have to say I agree with Beat Trash. I MIGHT throw the DD FSB rail on it, but I'll probably buy an OEM as it's be hard to improve the already nice 6920/SL combo.

Eurodriver
05-04-17, 23:34
By far my new favorite gun. BY FAR. I would never have expected to have so much fun with such a simple gun.

Below is a bloopers reel of what the rifle has been put through. I've been itching to shoot with it in the rain, but despite a 70% chance it barely sprinkled. The rifle is fed a steady diet of M855 and CLP - although in all the clips below it was never relubed. Never misses a beat and never lost the zero made in the OP no matter if it was dropped out of a tree or thrown out the driver's window of an SUV...or whatever else I felt like doing. The only thing that needed some TLC was the IWC mount for the M600U.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFAyCjmcmQA

P.S. Numerous safety violations in the video. Professional at a closed course in Mexico. Do not attempt.

P.P.S. Super ridic props to Magpul. I use that same 20rd mag for everything that is remotely challenging. Rain, mud, dust, sand. I have never once cleaned it and it just keeps chugging right along. "But Imma buy a Hexmag for the collection anyway..." <--- :confused: Maybe I'll set it on fire one day and see if it feeds while it's melting. (It will)

P.P.P.S. This is not a torture test. I'm just having fun with a new rifle that's in spec and continues to work in ridiculous conditions despite an open ejection port.

Locutus
05-05-17, 04:26
The Garand was supposedly buried in river mud. You should give that a try.

C-grunt
05-05-17, 05:15
Panning to a beautiful sunset behind some nice trees..... aaaand there is rifle flying through the air. HAHA

Krazykarl
05-05-17, 08:27
How much sand would be found inside the receivers (upper and lower) after your tropical excursion? Can you post a pic of the innards? Just curious where fine debris might accumulate.

Eurodriver
05-05-17, 09:33
How much sand would be found inside the receivers (upper and lower) after your tropical excursion? Can you post a pic of the innards? Just curious where fine debris might accumulate.

The upper had a ton of sand in it. It was everywhere. This is very fine sugar sand and it just got in every nook and cranny, but the upper had more caked sand simply because there was more lube in the upper. Of course starting the day out with more lube played a vital role in keeping the gun up. :big_boss: That was part of the reason I even beat the gun up that way. People need to go shoot in those conditions with their lube-not-needed fancy boutique AR assemblies and get back to us.

I did take a pic of the BCG, but I cannot find it on my phone. Because the ejection port was open the place sand ended up inside the bolt. I surmise it went through the vent holes in the carrier. Unlocking was really difficult and required mortaring the gun almost every time I needed to make the gun empty. However, shooting it had enough force to cycle the action so it still "worked".

http://i.imgur.com/9TM5FoK.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/BvXTAs0.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/gAWNuBq.jpg

Fordtough25
05-05-17, 13:08
The upper had a ton of sand in it. It was everywhere. This is very fine sugar sand and it just got in every nook and cranny, but the upper had more caked sand simply because there was more lube in the upper. Of course starting the day out with more lube played a vital role in keeping the gun up. :big_boss: That was part of the reason I even beat the gun up that way. People need to go shoot in those conditions with their lube-not-needed fancy boutique AR assemblies and get back to us.

I did take a pic of the BCG, but I cannot find it on my phone. Because the ejection port was open the place sand ended up inside the bolt. I surmise it went through the vent holes in the carrier. Unlocking was really difficult and required mortaring the gun almost every time I needed to make the gun empty. However, shooting it had enough force to cycle the action so it still "worked".

http://i.imgur.com/9TM5FoK.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/BvXTAs0.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/gAWNuBq.jpg

Thanks for the pictures and testing, I run all my ar's real wet as I agree it matters. I've been running my colt m4 a lot lately and it's pure fun as well!

Kain
05-05-17, 13:20
I want to know where I can find that tree with ARs growing on it is at. I need one of those in my backyard, right next to a bush that grows 5.56.

Shooterman017
05-05-17, 19:23
Take it water skiing on the St. Johns to wash it off. No seriously...

I like this thread. Keep it up. I want another KISS gun now.

Outlander Systems
05-05-17, 19:53
I'm literally in love with your gun.

pag23
05-05-17, 20:06
it is pretty funny seeing a tropical scene and to see an AR flying through the air.. glad to see a KISS Colt work well...

MegademiC
05-05-17, 20:12
Video makes me homesick(not from there, but its where i belong). When I get to FL we should to go train together, maybe kill some hogs if youre into that. Good thread, reminds me I need to go warm up my own.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
05-05-17, 21:19
This is such an awesome thread.

I forwarded it to the IWC CEO.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
05-05-17, 21:53
Euro,

Earl, IWC's Managing Partner, thought the test was cool. He said he'll warranty the mount, just email him at earl@impactweaponscomponents.com and he'll send you a new one.

Hammer_Man
05-05-17, 21:57
I love Colts, problem is my wallet doesn't!

Eurodriver
05-06-17, 19:22
I didn't realize this would generate so much interest. I'm taking it out again in about 3 weeks. Hopefully there is some water out there (it is quite literally a swamp)

Not asking from a "for more YouTube views" perspective, but in order to determine actual durability - what sort of tests could be done to test zero, function, etc? I feel getting fine sand in the action is a pretty good way to screw up a rifle - and it kept chugging along. I know some of those throws look very gentle and the sand looks soft but that rifle hit the deck pretty hard quite a few times (and there was much more than just what was on film). I was blown away that the rifle remained zeroed perfectly.

I don't want to run the rifle over with a truck, but I'm not opposed to doing anything that requires me to get back in the shower again with the rifle, some dish soap, and a toothbrush.

Euro,

Earl, IWC's Managing Partner, thought the test was cool. He said he'll warranty the mount, just email him at earl@impactweaponscomponents.com and he'll send you a new one.

Thanks for that, brother. I don't think it needs to be replaced. It just bent inward a bit toward the barrel and the rear screw seemed a bit loose allowing it to tilt downward. I just tightened the screw and bent it back.

I'll contact him to see what he says, but I'd feel like a dick asking for a replacement when I deliberately windmilled the rifle multiple times into the dirt. I'm actually impressed that the handguards, mount, and light remained as solid as they did given the abuse. I'm not sure a magnesium KMR would have withstood it as well.

I'm literally in love with your gun.

Come. Visit. ASAP.

titsonritz
05-06-17, 20:29
I love boing guns, funny thing is I'm never bored with them.

Krazykarl
05-07-17, 07:57
For all following along I pose this question:

In environments that euro just subjected his weapon to, will a carbine gassed system exhibit increased reliability over rifle system? I am speculating that higher bcg pressure may result in increased operating forces counteracting excess friction from foreign debris.

JC5188
05-07-17, 11:31
I didn't realize this would generate so much interest. I'm taking it out again in about 3 weeks. Hopefully there is some water out there (it is quite literally a swamp)

Not asking from a "for more YouTube views" perspective, but in order to determine actual durability - what sort of tests could be done to test zero, function, etc? I feel getting fine sand in the action is a pretty good way to screw up a rifle - and it kept chugging along. I know some of those throws look very gentle and the sand looks soft but that rifle hit the deck pretty hard quite a few times (and there was much more than just what was on film). I was blown away that the rifle remained zeroed perfectly.

I don't want to run the rifle over with a truck, but I'm not opposed to doing anything that requires me to get back in the shower again with the rifle, some dish soap, and a toothbrush.

Thanks for that, brother. I don't think it needs to be replaced. It just bent inward a bit toward the barrel and the rear screw seemed a bit loose allowing it to tilt downward. I just tightened the screw and bent it back.

I'll contact him to see what he says, but I'd feel like a dick asking for a replacement when I deliberately windmilled the rifle multiple times into the dirt. I'm actually impressed that the handguards, mount, and light remained as solid as they did given the abuse. I'm not sure a magnesium KMR would have withstood it as well.

Come. Visit. ASAP.

This is a cool thread. Simple and utilitarian is kinda underrated imo.

What the next video needs is some Eurodriver over-the-beach testing. Get the sand out Combat Diver style.

C-grunt
05-08-17, 00:19

In environments that euro just subjected his weapon to, will a carbine gassed system exhibit increased reliability over rifle system? I am speculating that higher bcg pressure may result in increased operating forces counteracting excess friction from foreign debris.

Ive always wondered that as well. However the USMC did do a test of the M4 vs the M16 and their test showed the M16 to be markedly more reliable. One of our members who, if I remember correctly, was part of USMC command talked about it. While the rifle length system is further down the barrel, the gas port is also significantly larger. Plus the longer spring and heavier buffer are going to give the returning BCG more oomph.

That being said I do believe the "harsher" cycling of the carbine system could, in theory, help in a very dirty gun to at least extract and cycle fully to the rear. But the returning to battery cycle would be under less pressure than a rifle system.

A carbine system with a VLTOR A5 system would be a good test.

Novak
05-08-17, 01:13

+1
Seems like a reasonable hypothesis. I wonder how as 16" with carbine length gas system would stack up against a 16" mid-length. Anybody know for sure?

Locutus
05-08-17, 04:15
+1
Seems like a reasonable hypothesis. I wonder how as 16" with carbine length gas system would stack up against a 16" mid-length. Anybody know for sure?

That too would depend largely on port size. However, the carbine has greater dwell time, so it would take someone like Nathan at Faxon to answer that question.

FaxonNathan
05-08-17, 07:07
That too would depend largely on port size. However, the carbine has greater dwell time, so it would take someone like Nathan at Faxon to answer that question.

Any weapon system of any gas length can be perfectly reliable given the appropriate sizing of the gas port to the barrel length - assuming reasonably consistent ammunition.

There are practical limitations to this such as "rifle" gas on a 14.5" not being technically feasible, but so long as there is some modicum of dwell time, one can create a reliable weapon.

All things being equal, there is large value to longer gas systems if only for the reduced pressure the gas port would be operating on for longer systems. While the port is larger, the more steady flow versus staccatto shove is better for long-term function.

leibermuster
05-08-17, 10:27
Colt must sprinkle magical fairy dust on their barrels during assembly or something. They definitely have it down to a science.

I don't understand why more people aren't stocking up on these things. I, against my better judgment, went to a rather large gun show recently out of curiosity and found complete NIB 6920's and 6720's for $799. I plan on picking up two or three on principle alone.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

For the price I would do the same, you get everything you need right there. for the price of newer wiz bang rifle you get 3 or 4 colts right now.

Eurodriver
05-08-17, 11:06
For the price I would do the same, you get everything you need right there. for the price of newer wiz bang rifle you get 3 or 4 colts right now.

But what would Instagram do if we spent all of our time outside shooting our guns, getting them dirty, and improving our skills if they had plastic handguards and iron sights?

P.S. Outlander Systems suggested I run over my Colt with my truck. If it survives I will love it forever. If it doesn't, I will send it back to Colt. Video to follow.

kenny256
05-08-17, 11:18
A guy I work with ran his m249 over with a mrap...it functioned until he took it apart to clean it and then it would not go back together....

So there is hope!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

leibermuster
05-08-17, 11:56
But what would Instagram do if we spent all of our time outside shooting our guns, getting them dirty, and improving our skills if they had plastic handguards and iron sights?

P.S. Outlander Systems suggested I run over my Colt with my truck. If it survives I will love it forever. If it doesn't, I will send it back to Colt. Video to follow.

Make lots of Euro babies.

Besides most people are not buying the things that really matter after proficiency with the rifle and pistol are achieved. Lights, optics LASERS. NIGHT VISION & Thermal. Really buy a few colts and get that. Peq/Dbal and pvs 14 to start.

Its about a system to me. 1 is none 2 is 1. Forget all the fancy new grips etc etc. To me. Going into it now in 2017 it would be so easy. Not like 2001 trying to scrounge the dark corners of the internet to get all the milspec parts. Now we have it made in most respects. Lots of great options. Colt le6920 socom for me with KAC RAS. Colt socom 14.5 barrel from Grant or brownells good to go. Spare parts/ barrels and uppers. Then get the rest like armor Nvg etc. MODERN WARFIGHTER.

Yes BCM, DD, LMT etc. Are great too. But the amount most blow on guns those are 2nd options in many cases. You should have at least one Colt complete in the collection. Especially in USA.

Yes I own hk,KAC etc. but for a start. You cant beat that for price. Its all mil tested ready to go.

Rogue556
05-08-17, 13:46

I've had my 6920 with a RISII FSP rail and old Aimpoint M2 run over (unintentionally) by a jeep wrangler on 33's. Friend of a friend decided to pull up to our shooting spot without paying attention and managed to only run over my rifle. Besides from a few scratches it was good to go. The M2 was even zeroed still. Good luck killing your Colt, it's not easy. Lol

Mike Miller
05-08-17, 13:52
Why would it go back to Colt if you ran it over with a truck?

Eurodriver
05-08-17, 14:39
Why would it go back to Colt if you ran it over with a truck?

Because they can replace it without going through an FFL.

I didn't say I wanted it fixed for free. See the above post regarding the IWC amount for any ethical concerns.

Mike Miller
05-08-17, 15:35
I saw that, that's why the two conflicting ideas didn't make sense at first.

noonesshowmonkey
05-08-17, 15:36
That rifle is just aching for a T1/T2.

The 6920 is hard to beat in terms of value and, and as you've been showing (with characteristic style & flair), reliability.

I'd be interested to see how it deals with salt water, but that is mostly because I am downright miserable person.

I'm on the Gulf Coast, but long for the beaches of Florida.

Eurodriver
05-08-17, 17:50
That rifle is just aching for a T1/T2.

The 6920 is hard to beat in terms of value and, and as you've been showing (with characteristic style & flair), reliability.

I'd be interested to see how it deals with salt water, but that is mostly because I am downright miserable person.

I'm on the Gulf Coast, but long for the beaches of Florida.

That sounds fun.

I thought I was going to get some more shooting in today, but I'm currently buried up to my frame rails in sand and have been for a few hours. Maybe in a few weeks.

Or maybe I'll die of starvation and dehydration.

SOS

MistWolf
05-08-17, 17:52

The reality is, tapping into the bore where pressure is greater means small changes in port diameter or pressure have greater impact on gas flow.

The gas port does nothing more than restrict gas flow. It does not regulate pressure. Gas flow is dependant on gas pressure and port diameter. Increase the diameter of the pressure, gas flow will increase.

Decrease gas flow or decrease pressure, flow will be reduced.

Since the carbine gas system taps into the bore where pressure is greater, the port diameter must be reduced to restrict gas flow down to normal. Because pressure is higher, small changes in port diameter have a greater impact on flow rate. The other side of the coin is, small changes in pressure also have a greater impact on flow rate. As a result, the carbine length gas system is less forgiving in changes to gas port diameter and pressure than a mid length or rifle gas system.

I suspect there is a reason why a carbine gas system results in quicker carrier speeds even with the smaller gas port being used, but I haven't worked it out yet

Krazykarl
05-08-17, 18:53
This is very interesting. I completely understand that the rife system is more forgiving. Steady shove of pressure rather than quick slap that a carbine would experience. The rifle system will also have more energy returning to battery due to buffer and spring design. Rifle systems benefit from increased longevity as a general rule.

However, even within the relm of "normal operating pressures" the carbine's more sudden and higher blast of pressure still in theory should generate increased unlocking force. Is this essential to produce greater reliability in sandy conditions? I don't know as I have never subjected a weapon to such testing. How much sand is blown from the bcg and upper receiver by the excess gas not utilized to operate the system? High speed photographs would be interesting.

MistWolf
05-08-17, 20:23
The carbine gas system has narrower operating parameters and is less tolerant of fouling, debris, etc than the rifle system. But that doesn't mean the carbine system oz compromised to the point it's not reliable or durable. The track record of the M4 is excellent.

Whether or not the rifle system has more energy over the return depends more on how the spring is made rather than its length

C-grunt
05-08-17, 23:56
I was under the impression that a rifle length spring was a more powerful spring.

Eurodriver
05-09-17, 00:16
Interesting video en route.

Beating this thing up has become fun. I almost want to see what it can handle.

I drove over it with a 5,000lb 4Runner six times - still retained zero. I drove over the muzzle end, the handguards, and the buttstock. The only area I did not run over was the dead center but this was purely because I missed it not because I didn't want to.

I was blown away that the plastic Magpul handguards everyone likes to toss in the trash so they can drop $300 on a rail system that sits in a safe survived a direct hit by an SUV. There isn't even a freaking scratch let alone dent or something broken. What the hell is up with those things...

Mud was significantly harsher on the operating system than just sand. Throwing it in the muck wasn't too bad, but it was after the rifle was soaked and then tossed in the sand and then driven over with the truck that required me to disassemble it and lube it. Given what it went through, I consider it acceptable.

It has still not lost its zero. The flashlight mount bent inward toward the barrel again (see pic #1). I bent it back - and for those wondering your Arisaka momentary tailcap does not need to be fully screwed in on the "on" position to keep the water out. (See pic #2) This is unfair to the mount as it's got a cantilevered light on it and I'm driving over it in an SUV. Even though muddy the IWC and Magpul sling QDs still functioned. I lost the 2nd and 3rd position on the M4 stock when it was muddy, and the mud seemed to affect the Magpul PMAGs (I did not have any other magazines). The follower was getting stuck leading to failure to feeds.

I have a tough time faulting any products so far given the conditions. The most significant observation I've made is that the rifle continues to function as designed despite throwing everything I can at it. Aside from outright abuse, I cannot think of anything that a rifle would face in my AO this hasn't been put through yet. I think the saltwater test will be next, but I am unsure how to conduct it as I do not have ocean front property or the ability to shoot outside of dumping it over a jetski and shooting it offshore into the ocean - but that would just be shooting a wet gun and I've already done that.

I'm not worried about the saltwater, because it is a Colt I know the internal springs are all corrosion resistant. Can you say that for "just as good as"?

hotrodder636
05-09-17, 00:20
While not fancy or pretty, I kept all the Magpul furniture on my 6920 because the crap just works and it tough. I however don't have a 4-runner to test mine out with though :cool:

Fordtough25
05-09-17, 04:59
I think your rifle has proven it's worth and outstanding durability! Wow!

GTF425
05-09-17, 05:17
This is my favorite thread in a long, long time.

Less Gucci, More Shooty.

Eurodriver
05-09-17, 07:20
video link removed

nightchief
05-09-17, 08:24
Neat vid. Like an AKOU test! When you were unable to get rifle into battery, do think it was the amount of gunk or because the lube had been worn off from the sand, mud and water. Did re-lubing fix the problem just for a short amount of time or the rest of your day shooting?

NC

Eurodriver
05-09-17, 08:44
Good question. I edited that video at like 2am (unsure how the last clip got shown upside down!) and wish I made it more chronological. I'm not sure - to answer your question directly.

The real timeline was something like -

Shoot it, throw it in the sand.
Toss it in the water and shoot (thats actually the clip where I blew up all that mud in my face and it misfired the 2nd round)
*immediate action performed and rifle fired 3 rounds ok*
Ran it over with the truck twice - fired 3 rounds ok.
Ran it over again with the truck - did not fire. (A neighbor came running up on his ATV and said "Ya just ran over ya rifle!" which is what interrupted the continuity of some of these videos.)
Threw it back in the water, didn't fire it, tossed it in the sand and then drove over it with the truck again while soaking wet.

That's when the problems started. (This is when the rifle is at 1:04 in the video) There was so much mud in the action, chamber, bolt lugs, and BCG that there was no way that thing was going to fire. I couldn't even get the magazine out or the stock to extend. This is when I lubed the rifle which allowed it to go into battery but it began short stroking.

The rifle was not locking back on empty nor picking up the next round but would cycle enough to eject the spent case and cock the hammer. At first I thought it might have been a muddy magazine issue, but I am not thinking so much anymore.

In hindsight I would have done things a bit more systematically to narrow down faults but I was in a hurry because I was stuck for 3 hours and daylight was fading.

Beat Trash
05-09-17, 09:11
Like many of you, I own and use various types of AR's. My Patrol Rifle for work is a DD V7 lw.

But with that said, I will always own and have a soft spot for the Colt 6920. It can handle a person's defensive needs quite well. I like it so much that each of my kids and step-kids have or will be gifted a Colt 6920 outfitted with MagPul's MOE-sl furniture.

Seeing this makes me want to take a 6920 and go camping.

Outlander Systems
05-09-17, 09:14
Best. Thread. Ever.

Somewhere, in West Palm, a guy with a Yellow Visor like a halo is smiling upon ye.

jpmuscle
05-09-17, 09:31
For as much flak as euro catches on here (unnecessarily most of the time) the man's squared away.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Outlander Systems
05-09-17, 10:47
What I like about Euro is how he can literally ring gongs at 600m in a Hurricane, but also has no qualms about literally shooting dirt.

For as much flak as euro catches on here (unnecessarily most of the time) the man's squared away.

JC5188
05-09-17, 12:48
The 6920 is like the guns of my childhood, all rolled into one. It's a nylon66, 30-30 lever action, Ruger 10/22, and an AR-15 all rolled into one. Nylon 66 because plastic. 30-30 because centerfire carbine that's easily toted. Ruger 10/22 because it is easy to shoot and ubiquitous, and AR-15 because capacity.

hotrodder636
05-09-17, 13:44
I personally enjoyed the upside down clip :cool:

Next time I am in Florida, I should give you a holler and we can torture one of my 6920s also...

leibermuster
05-09-17, 13:48
I personally enjoyed the upside down clip :cool:

Next time I am in Florida, I should give you a holler and we can torture one of my 6920s also...

I think that's enough torturing. Lol. Colt proved its worth many times over.

Krazykarl
05-09-17, 13:56
Time for a detailed cleaning. Look for areas of accelerated wear?

Outlander Systems
05-09-17, 14:08
This thread is indicative of the following:

Unless you are running NODs, 99.9% of AR owners would be best served by picking up a 6920, a MOE hanguard, a SureFire Light, and an Aimpoint PRO.

****ing. Done. Call it the ****, "good."

The only thing the weapon in this thread isn't good for is stroking your e-penis in a picture thread.

Boom.

https://img.4plebs.org/boards/pol/image/1401/84/1401848065528.jpg

Start here:

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=LE6920-OEM1

phixion
05-09-17, 14:11
Cool videos. Great rifle.

With that said, to me, the performance of the rifle thus far has less to do with Colt, muh milspec or muh TDP than it does with the base design of the AR platform.

But hey, this is just one man's uneducated opinion.

Again, great rifle. Boring is good.

Eurodriver
05-09-17, 14:56
I agree to a point. The big deal for me is the rifle far outweighs the sum of its parts. I mean, $25 handguards and I ran it over all evening with a truck. Go run over a BCM Magnesium KMR with a 5,000 SUV and report back.

I am genuinely curious.

Eurodriver
05-09-17, 15:07
Cleans up nicely. For anyone wondering - I literally took the rifle apart in the shower and scrubbed it with Head and shoulders (I wanted something that lathered nicely and wouldn't leave a film) and a toothbrush. I then scrubbed the metal pieces lightly with CLP and wiped it down. The only things needing work are the trigger and charging handle latch. They are both extremely gritty.

http://i.imgur.com/n5x49fb.jpg

The only abnormal wear I saw is evident in this pic. The rifle has about 700 rounds through it and there is significant wear under the bottom two bolt lugs and that carries on all the way down the carrier. I am unsure what might have caused that. This is the only area of wear on the entire rifle - even where the truck ran it over is fine.

http://i.imgur.com/NKFvoeX.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Wo3kYYi.jpg

MegademiC
05-09-17, 16:14
Trans-safe-queen.

Firefly
05-09-17, 16:34
Yep. My 6920 is muh get shit done gun.

I keep it stock-ish.

The moral of this thread is that Anderson Lowers and the people that use them are scum.

Ave Coltus

Locutus
05-09-17, 16:37
The moral of this thread is that Anderson Lowers and the people that use them are scum.Ave Coltus

So waddaya REALLY think? :D

Firefly
05-09-17, 16:46
So waddaya REALLY think? :D

Anderson is the Nickelback of ARs

Dist. Expert 26
05-09-17, 16:57
If Anderson is Nickelback, what does that make PSA?

jpmuscle
05-09-17, 16:59

Britney Spears?

Dist. Expert 26
05-09-17, 17:00
Britney Spears?

Nah, Brittney is still smoking hot.

I was thinking more like Florida Georgia Line.

Locutus
05-09-17, 17:02

Britney Spears?

I've got one - that's probably not unfair. I give it an occasional squeeze, but I would never trust it... :D

phixion
05-09-17, 17:17
Yep. My 6920 is muh get shit done gun.

I keep it stock-ish.

The moral of this thread is that Anderson Lowers and the people that use them are scum.

Ave Coltus

Scumbag here with two lowers that have had far less problems (zero) than many are experiencing with their KAC lowers.

Oh wait..

Anyways, let the circle jerk continue over Eurodriver's awesome rifle and cease the idiotic comments such as that.

everready73
05-09-17, 17:49

Creed

Eurodriver
05-09-17, 17:59
Scumbag here with two lowers that have had far less problems (zero) than many are experiencing with their KAC lowers.

Oh wait..

Anyways, let the circle jerk continue over Eurodriver's awesome rifle and cease the idiotic comments such as that.

Why do you care what people say in their circle jerk? You want in?

phixion
05-09-17, 18:06
Why do you care what people say in my circle jerk? You want in?

No thanks. I'm going back to being a voyeur.

Outlander Systems
05-09-17, 18:08
>muh Colt fanboys
>muh feels
>goes bang every time
>shoots like a dream
>please give me more good boy points

Eurodriver
05-09-17, 18:16
No thanks. I'm going back to being a voyeur.

Come back anytime. You seem like a good dude (serious)

Firefly
05-09-17, 18:39
Maybe I was smidge harsh. If you live in a communist state, you get an Anderson pass.

If you have access to a Colt and choose Anderson, that's a personal problem.

My KAC lowers have no issues. Neither do my Colts.

When I get a chance to shoot, I am not gentle.

vicious_cb
05-10-17, 09:55
You are a brave man sir. The worst I've purposely done to torture a rifle was to throw it out of a 2nd story window onto a wooden deck, aimpoint and all, to see if it would still hold zero.

26 Inf
05-10-17, 10:25
I'm going to do the same thing with a PSA, except instead of a hurricane with NVG, I'm gonna have to substitute the patio's pool shower, turn off the pool lights and shoot at the neighbor's house.

jpmuscle
05-10-17, 11:38
I'm going to do the same thing with a PSA, except instead of a hurricane with NVG, I'm gonna have to substitute the patio's pool shower, turn off the pool lights and shoot at the neighbor's house.
I love everything about this.

Eurodriver
05-10-17, 20:33
I'm taking it out this weekend and will shoot for groups at 300 yards with Wolf Gold. I'm very interested in the results.

No balls.

You are a brave man sir. The worst I've purposely done to torture a rifle was to throw it out of a 2nd story window onto a wooden deck, aimpoint and all, to see if it would still hold zero.

That seems significantly more damagingthan throwing a rifle around in some dirt lol

26 Inf
05-10-17, 20:50
No balls.

I do have to admit they shrivel up in really cold water, but they are there.

Firefly
05-10-17, 21:35
Euro, put some Wolf steel in it! Find some of that old mess with Cyrillic on the box.

I did that once with my Kimber and some dude came over and freaked. It was my gun and I didnt care. It ran good anyway.

RHINOWSO
05-13-17, 12:15
>muh Colt fanboys
>muh feels
>goes bang every time
>shoots like a dream
>please give me more good boy points
You missed a brah or three in there. ;)

Eurodriver
02-21-18, 06:41
https://youtu.be/-juWQI1JUXk

HeruMew
02-21-18, 07:59
Professionally offended here with two lowers that have had far less problems (I think zero) than many are experiencing with their KAC lowers.

Oh wait..

Anyways, let the circle jerk continue over Eurodriver's awesome rifle and I'll cease the idiotic comments such as this.

FIFY.

I has Anderson Lowers too. I too am hurting in thy butt from Euro. Oh, the inhumanity. [/sarcasm]