PDA

View Full Version : US first female muslim judge found dead in hudon river

elephant
04-13-17, 11:19
Justice Sheila Abdus-Salaam was the United States first, African-American Muslim women to be appointed to court of appeals. Graduated from Columbia University, she was appointed by Andrew Cuomo in 2013 . Went missing yesterday, found face down in the Hudson River this morning.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/united-states-first-female-muslim-judge-found-dead-024121994.html

chuckman
04-13-17, 11:26
Very weird but thus far "no signs of criminality."

http://www.wral.com/police-no-signs-of-criminality-in-new-york-judge-s-death/16642011/

Firefly
04-13-17, 11:33
In'shallah

Co-gnARR
04-13-17, 11:58
Honor killing?

SteyrAUG
04-13-17, 14:11
Well they don't even allow women in mosques so maybe somebody decided women shouldn't be judges either.

soulezoo
04-13-17, 14:49
I'm thinking someone went all Sharia on her.

"Judge this, B**ch!"

Det-Sog
04-13-17, 17:18
Did she upset one of the Clintons?

KalashniKEV
04-13-17, 18:51
Well they don't even allow women in mosques...

They don't allow women in Catholic churches either.

I'm thinking someone went all Sharia on her.

"Judge this, B**ch!"

Is that really what you were thinking?

Firefly
04-13-17, 18:58
They don't allow women in Catholic churches either.

Kinda OT, but explain please. I thought they had nuns. I ask because I am not Catholic and am unfamiliar with their protocol.

KalashniKEV
04-13-17, 19:58
Kinda OT, but explain please. I thought they had nuns. I ask because I am not Catholic and am unfamiliar with their protocol.

Oh, I was just making up bullshit. Obviously females are permitted to be in the mosque. (just as females are obviously permitted in a Catholic church)

...and isn't it always the old grandma dragging the kids off to mosque anyway when they'd rather be out playing or doing something fun? At least that's the way it is for most folks.

Comments like the one Steyr made are intended to be provocative- ignorant crap designed to stir emotion and force a smart person to pop up and correct the record with facts.

We are living, however, in a Post-Factual-Era.

Example: Representatives of the current Administration tell obvious, easily disproven lies and then refer to them as "alternative facts" to the actual truth. Agenda driven media outlets respond to this with their own "alternative facts" and the issue becomes hopelessly muddled- and the whole time no one in the conversation has spoken a word of truth.

So... nobody expected me to respond to bullshit with more bullshit, did they? Well that's the world we live in now.

And anyway... besides being a practicing Muslim, she was also the first Black woman on the New York Supreme court.

I asked this once before, and I think the mods thought I was joking, but I'll ask again... because I'm serious: since we are obviously allowed to hate Muslim Americans on this board, is it permitted also to hate the Blacks?

What would happen if a member made a "Black people can't swim" type joke, or a worse type of joke on thenature of her demise revolving around racial hatred?

The humor value would be higher... the content (arguably) less offensive, but would that fly around here?

http://s3media.freemalaysiatoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Sheila-Abdus-Salaam.jpg

Just wondering...

Sam
04-13-17, 20:08
Oh, I was just making up bullshit. Obviously females are permitted to be in the mosque. (just as females are obviously permitted in a Catholic church)

I asked this once before, and I think the mods thought I was joking, but I'll ask again... because I'm serious: since we are obviously allowed to hate Muslim Americans on this board, is it permitted also to hate the Blacks?

What would happen if a member made a "Black people can't swim" type joke, or a worse type of joke on thenature of her demise revolving around racial hatred?

Maybe you need to lay off the joke, it didn't cut it.

Where do you get the idea that we allow hatred of American Muslim?

Obviously you don't notice it when we shut down comments that involve racial insults.

KalashniKEV
04-13-17, 20:29
Maybe you need to lay off the joke, it didn't cut it.

Where do you get the idea that we allow hatred of American Muslim?

Obviously you don't notice it when we shut down comments that involve racial insults.

There's a whoooole lot more latitude on here given to hatred of our Muslim friends and neighbors, (fellow citizens, allies, and foreign nationals) than to other minority groups.

Anyway, NYPD investigators are saying at this time that the judge's death was likely a suicide.

Will anyone feel appropriately stupid for their comments? Probably not.

Maybe hatred of our fellow American, based on the public's quest to hypercategorize people into every type of minority and then come up with a reason to screech and howl and throw their shit at them was a contributing factor in her decision to take her own life? This is what they've been programmed to do.

(or maybe not)

The point is, even if looking stupid doesn't directly lead to feeling stupid for some folks, people need to chill with the hate.

Inkslinger
04-13-17, 20:32
Muslim isn't a race. African Americans don't choose to be black. And you're spouting off like you think you're smart Kev?

KalashniKEV
04-13-17, 20:38
Muslim isn't a race. African Americans don't choose to be black. And you're spouting off like you think you're smart Kev?

I'm done being smart. See Post #8.

I want to switch it off so I can be like you guys.

Is Jew a race? (Honest question)

Inkslinger
04-13-17, 20:40
I'm done being smart. See Post #8.

I want to switch it off so I can be like you guys.

Is Jew a race? (Honest question)

Ask a Jew that question.

KalashniKEV
04-13-17, 20:42
Ask a Jew that question.

I asked you.

(I'm a curious cat)

Inkslinger
04-13-17, 20:46
I asked you.

(I'm a curious cat)

No. Race is a genetic distinction. Shared ancestry and genetic traits. Shared religion does not a race make.

Honu
04-13-17, 20:50
Obviously females are permitted to be in the mosque. (just as females are obviously permitted in a Catholic church)

actually most of them segregate the women
many leaders do not believe they should be allowed in
many flat out do not allow them in !

and its OK with all the others this happens

Firefly
04-13-17, 20:52
Zonas Peligroso.......

Anyways, I got my answer. Kind of.

I have strong opinions on Judges and Lawyers, but if suicide; I feel bad for her. If murder, then her killers need a needle.

I'm of mixed lineage, but I would think you could change religion at will if you wanted. People convert and de-convert every day.

All I can say is that I believe in a very healthy separation of Church and State.
And per race and identity, instead of being awarded or recognized as being the first "__________" to be or do "_________" we should focus on someone being the best "_______" possible, identity non-withstanding

Ryno12
04-13-17, 20:54
And you're spouting off like you think you're smart Kev?

Why's he's even allowed back at M4C, much less GD, is beyond me.

KalashniKEV
04-13-17, 20:55
actually most of them segregate the women
many leaders do not believe they should be allowed in
many flat out do not allow them in !

and its OK with all the others this happens

Yikes!

Have you thought about going to a different mosque?

Firefly
04-13-17, 20:58
Why's he's even allowed back at M4C, much less GD, is beyond me.

Because he's BTDT and sometimes people mistake the man with the message?

I'd imagine if one had Muslim LNs covering their six for a while, they'd get touchy with the calumniating remarks and broad brush strokes.

The world isn't black and white but in color.

RetroRevolver77
04-13-17, 21:03
I have no Muslim friends or neighbors. Their religion is not compatible with Western culture and has been at war against Europe for fourteen hundred years. They are not peaceful, their religion is a religion of hate, murder, pedophilia and subjugation just as their founder outlined. ISIS aren't extremists, ISIS is what Islam truly is. There is no such thing as a moderate Muslim because if they follow their teachings- then that is what they are.

The general views that every Muslim shares.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_F2YwTPoUM