The official teaser...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qsg0fku78o

Firefly
04-14-17, 11:27
Rogue One spoiled me too much.
I am kinda meh at this point. We shall see

WillBrink
04-14-17, 12:13
Looks great, but so did the last one, and I could not have been more disappointed in The Force Awakens, I will wait until this one out for rental. Rogue One almost made up for The Force Awakens, but not quite, and not enough to get me into a theater.

Inkslinger
04-14-17, 13:37
Looks a little underwhelming. See it though I shall.

MountainRaven
04-14-17, 16:03
I have yet to regret seeing a Star Wars movie in theaters.

Koshinn
04-14-17, 20:19
Looks OK I guess.

"Jedi" is plural and singular, btw.

MountainRaven
04-14-17, 21:05
Looks OK I guess.

"Jedi" is plural and singular, btw.

Certainly not exciting as the teaser for TFA.

I suppose we'll probably get a full trailer on 4 May.

Koshinn
04-14-17, 22:40
Certainly not exciting as the teaser for TFA.

I suppose we'll probably get a full trailer on 4 May.

Yeah... Not nearly as good as the first TFA or Rogue One trailers.

hotrodder636
04-15-17, 01:08
I for one am excited about this one. I just watched Rogue One the other night and enjoyed it very much. Then again I also really enjoyed TFA.

Moose-Knuckle
04-15-17, 04:14
"I only know one truth. It's time for the Jedi to end".

Pretty cryptic . . .

Stoked, watched the trailer a dozen times.

Outlander Systems
04-15-17, 06:29
To all ye Haters:

Any Star Wars without Jar Jar is a good Star Wars.

Grand58742
04-15-17, 08:51
Like others, I find TFA a little lacking. This one so far is kind of "meh" to me.

R1 spoiled a great many people. Myself included, I suppose.

RetroRevolver77
04-15-17, 09:15
To all ye Haters:

Any Star Wars without Jar Jar is a good Star Wars.

You mean Sith Master Jar Jar. They chickened out on this concept. However it would have been awesome. He plays the idiot, rises in power and turns the Democratically elected senate over to the single rule of Sith Lord Palpatine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yy3q9f84EA

RazorBurn
04-15-17, 11:17
I'm looking forward to it. Even though I trashed TFA it was still good (C+ or B-). Not excellent, but pretty decent bordering good.

I don't know if it's misdirection or not, but them making it appear to be Luke's voice saying "it's time for the Jedi to end" is pretty cryptic as stated a few posts back. I bet money Rey flirts with the dark side, and I'm sure they'll try to turn her to the dark side. Looks dark and ominous, so I'm willing to take a leap and call it ESB part deux...

The Dumb Gun Collector
04-15-17, 12:16
Looks fantastic. Of course, I liked TFA and really, really liked R1. Really, there are only two "bad" star wars movies to me: 1. The ATTACK OF THE CLONES and 2. THE RETURN OF THE JEDI. And I have seen each of those 100 times.

Jellybean
04-15-17, 12:57
Rogue One spoiled me too much.
I am kinda meh at this point. We shall see

Agree.
I was seriously impressed with R1, being a spinoff movie and all. I expected much halfassery. One of the few times I've been happily disappointed.
I'm actually looking forward to the next spinoff (Boba? ) more then the next major "series" movie.

That being said.... will still totally be watching the new movie.

MountainRaven
04-15-17, 18:33
Agree.
I was seriously impressed with R1, being a spinoff movie and all. I expected much halfassery. One of the few times I've been happily disappointed.
I'm actually looking forward to the next spinoff (Boba? ) more then the next major "series" movie.

That being said.... will still totally be watching the new movie.

Han Solo.

HCrum87hc
04-17-17, 08:22
I enjoyed it. I think we'll see Luke as a gray Jedi, somewhere between the light and the dark. You hear him tell Rey there's so much more when she tells him she sees the light and the dark. I'm thinking we'll continue to see strong force users that are not constrained to the ways of the Jedi, especially regarding the lack of connections and emotions, as that pretty much led to their downfall.