PDA

View Full Version : Easter sales, what are you buying?

hdrolling
04-15-17, 09:09
Quite a few sales going on this weekend, anyone found a great deal that they want to share? A few places have the Geissele Triggers on sale so I picked up an SSA for about $188.49 shipped, I want to see what the difference is in feel between that and my SSA-E.

Also picked up some Armor tools from the list I've been building. Now that I have an extra complete lower I'm debating on a BCM 16" 5.56 complete upper or a BCM 300 BLK complete upper.

Whats everyone else planning to get or have on order?

Locutus
04-15-17, 09:59
Quite a few sales going on this weekend, anyone found a great deal that they want to share? A few places have the Geissele Triggers on sale so I picked up an SSA for about $188.49 shipped, I want to see what the difference is in feel between that and my SSA-E.

Also picked up some Armor tools from the list I've been building. Now that I have an extra complete lower I'm debating on a BCM 16" 5.56 complete upper or a BCM 300 BLK complete upper.

Quantico Tactical is having a sale of three Aero lowers and three Troy mags for $189.00. The regular deal from them is $180 for the three lowers, so in this case, you're getting three Troy mags for $9.00. Never used Troy mags, so I can't comment, but I'm happy with the lower I got from them.

dylank0723
04-15-17, 10:55

Which sites have the geissele on sale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hdrolling
04-15-17, 11:01

The only two I checked were PA and PSA, i went with PSA and picked up the SSA for $188ish shipped, the PA was $194ish after tax and shipping.

Butch
04-15-17, 11:10

Brownells.

hdrolling
04-15-17, 11:17
Brownells.

For me, with shipping, Brownells was $192.94. PSA was still cheaper.

adh
04-15-17, 11:50
was hoping to see an ALG Defense sale....was going to try out an EMR V3 but I'm not going to buy unless there is a sale

J4ggy
04-15-17, 12:56
Picked up a 10.5 PSA nitride upper and milspec carry handle for my budget pistol build. $256 for both which is pretty darn good. Free shipping.

user
04-15-17, 13:55
Peeps, bunnies and conejos

wigbones
04-15-17, 13:59
For me, with shipping, Brownells was $192.94. PSA was still cheaper.

You can get the SSA from Brownells for $174.99 shipped if you use one of their many coupons right now.

MistWolf
04-15-17, 14:14
I'm too broke to buy anything. But I just found out DSA has a few R1 FAL receivers in stock and I need one for my double matching numbers Rhodie kit

tim808
04-15-17, 16:00
I was going to buy a hbar upper but someone told me to shoot what I already have

Who gives that kind of advice? :-)

^^^ but I'm not mentioning any names

MistWolf
04-15-17, 16:47
Typical. Somebody gets their Basket of Goodies knocked over and everybody blames the Big Bad Wolf

sevenhelmet
04-15-17, 16:47
Not gun related, but I found one of these (https://www.omegawatches.com/watches/speedmaster/skywalker-x-33/chronograph-45-mm/31890457901001/) on sale. I've been wanting one since they came out, and finally saved the cash (Tax refund helped).

I'm looking for an electric razor too, so I don't have to check a bag every time I fly commercially.

Diamondback
04-15-17, 18:26
One of the last CASV-EL handguards Vltor has in stock toward a loosely-EOD Mk 18-inspired pistol build. Down to Foliage Green with no rail-kit, but for a knockdown to $120 from original there's always Cerakote, Duracoat or Krylon, right? Made up the rail-kit deficiency through OpticsPlanet at a better price than Vltor's on it too... next step, buy a drill to finish the lower, snag some furniture (I've had good luck with both quality and finding discounts--have I mentioned that I have a personal rule about "NEVER Pay Full Price"?--so I'm thinking go back to FAB Defense again, maybe "EOD/FBI-inspired hybrid" might be a better term) and then find an upper to assemble it on. (The plan is "Gremlin Phase 1" goes together on a cheapo $20-on-sale EP Armory lower that I bought as a not-out-much-if-I-bugger-the-machining practice piece, then gets moved to a better lower later as Phase 2 and the old lower and buffer get rebuilt in .22LR as a "training understudy"--since I'm looking at buying DeWalt tools, thinking I'll pick up a spare contractor bag, refinish the rebuilt .22LR in their colors and call it a "Tack Driver.")

Pi3
04-15-17, 20:37
Some of it could be our cyber sabotage. But it is rocket science after all.

sevenhelmet
04-15-17, 20:40
Some of it could be our cyber sabotage. But it is rocket science after all.

Wrong thread?

Diamondback
04-15-17, 20:53
Wrong thread?

Probably meant for one on Iran, the Russkies or the Norks.

Not gun but still defense, also picked up a Cold Steel Walkabout Stick since the price seemed right and I find myself needing to keep a cane handy thanks to a streak of Bad Hip Days.

SiGfever
04-15-17, 21:10
Geissele SSA-E for $182.86 shipped from PA.

Pi3
04-16-17, 19:54
Probably meant for one on Iran, the Russkies or the Norks.

Not gun but still defense, also picked up a Cold Steel Walkabout Stick since the price seemed right and I find myself needing to keep a cane handy thanks to a streak of Bad Hip Days.

supposed to have been about nork missle test. sorry.

Diamondback
04-16-17, 19:56
supposed to have been about nork missle test. sorry.

Happens to all of us every now and again, right?

Rombot
04-16-17, 20:56
Picked up an OWB Holster & Mag Carrier from Bravo Concealment for my M&P 9 CORE. 10% off sale

magister
04-16-17, 21:05
I'm about to place an order for an M&P Shield 9mm. Not AR related, but that's what I'm buying.

Locutus
04-17-17, 04:38
I assembled a new lower yesterday; does that count? :D

fedupflyer
04-17-17, 15:24
I bought a 1911 Range Officer in 9 mm but it wasn't really on sale but it was a good price and in *stock*.
So to make up for it not really being on sale I picked up one of the Gissele rails from Brownells for my upcoming SPR build