PDA

View Full Version : Looking to build a piston AR

Spartan040
04-15-17, 15:54
I know there are problems associated with using a piston in an AR build, but I've heard some companies have managed workarounds for them or fixed them and wanted to know how I might do the same thing in a custom build. I know impingement is easier but I like the advantages of the piston AR being cleaner, running cooler, and being able to go through more torture before failing. And if someone would like to convince me to go with DI, please do so if it will save me money :p

fallenromeo
04-15-17, 18:43
I know there are problems associated with using a piston in an AR build, but I've heard some companies have managed workarounds for them or fixed them and wanted to know how I might do the same thing in a custom build. I know impingement is easier but I like the advantages of the piston AR being cleaner, running cooler, and being able to go through more torture before failing. And if someone would like to convince me to go with DI, please do so if it will save me money :p

come again?

AndyLate
04-15-17, 20:09
Never mind

Iraqgunz
04-16-17, 01:44
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?82447-PLEASE-READ-THIS-FIRST-Custom-Build-AR-Forum