PDA

View Full Version : USAFacts.org - Game changer?

Eurodriver
04-18-17, 10:56
Ex chief exec of Microsoft and Clippers owner Steve Ballmer has spent millions and 3 years creating a website to show everything there is to know about how and what the US govt spends money on.

Check it out.

Firefly
04-18-17, 12:28
Okay...so how do we get them to stop spending money on stupid crap?

Eurodriver
04-18-17, 13:37

Part of his point is that they don't.

But some of it is misleading.

For example he points to xxxx non profit receiving $yyy,yyyy from the Feds as proof they (the gov) are benevolent with your tax dollars.

But he doesn't say that xxxx non profit is using the fed money to explore vegan women's studies in 19th century Colombia.

jpmuscle
04-18-17, 14:33

I have an idea but it's rather dated, barbaric, and downright just not nice in a civilized world.

ChrisCross
04-18-17, 14:41
I have an idea but it's rather dated, barbaric, and downright just not nice in a civilized world.

Well since we don't live in a civilized world I'd say have at it.

Honu
04-18-17, 22:23
maybe we can have the college get some gov money to study that :)
the liberal arts folks could make it look really fancy :)

Co-gnARR
04-18-17, 22:57
Part of his point is that they don't.

But some of it is misleading.

For example he points to xxxx non profit receiving $yyy,yyyy from the Feds as proof they (the gov) are benevolent with your tax dollars.

But he doesn't say that xxxx non profit is using the fed money to explore vegan women's studies in 19th century Colombia.
So the skeptic in me says there is nothing for free in this. What's the motivation for this website? What's the veracity of the data provided? Having not yet looked at the site I cannot make an informed comment on the quality of the information provided...I'm just offering my initial reaction to the topic. For the record, I am pretty consistent in my reaction to any report of "the truth revealed" type claims.

SteyrAUG
04-19-17, 00:45
Just like snopes, as soon as they discuss anything more important than "do pop rocks and coca cola make you explode" it will have a political bias and agenda.

Moose-Knuckle
04-19-17, 02:45
Just like snopes, as soon as they discuss anything more important than "do pop rocks and coca cola make you explode" it will have a political bias and agenda.

Took the words right off my keyboard.

It will have a political slant and focus on things they don't like and ignore the things they do.