PDA

View Full Version : GG&G flip sight/gasblock

sniperfrog
09-26-08, 15:54
Anyone have this flip up sight/ gasblock in the taper pinned version? It seems it would be a good setup since I like having my sight on my barrel and not the handguard. It is also about $200 cheaper than the KAC. I havn't heard anyone say anything good or bad about them so i just thought I'd ask if anyone has used one.

davemcdonald
09-26-08, 16:35
I've had two of them. Still have one. Rock solid sight.

Dave

Stickman
09-26-08, 17:15
Another one to consider is the Vltor model.

sniperfrog
09-27-08, 14:47
I've had two of them. Still have one. Rock solid sight.

Dave

Thanks Dave. I was thinking of having this done to a Noveske N4 barrel with the standard FSB. I understand that GG&G can use the same pin holes as the FSB when pinning there GB/FS. Is this what you had done?

sgtmajor
09-28-08, 13:58
is there a reason that were talk also talking about the PRI model?

Left Sig
09-28-08, 16:48
I have the GG&G clamp on version and it's been great so far. It has cap screws torqued to 35 in-lbs each - it's not going anywhere. The flip sight itself is rock solid as said earlier - zero play when locked in place.

Add to that the standard bayonet mount, removable side sling swivel, and optional rails that can go on either side and it's about the most versatile barrel mounted flip front sight on the market. It also provides about the same sight picture as the regular tower, and uses standard sight posts.

I have mine setup up with an AO white stripe post, and a GG&G spring flip rear with an AO same plane aperture. This setup works much better for me than standard A2 parts.

chadbag
09-28-08, 17:52
I have an older version of the GG&G gas block/front sight that is pinned on with taper pins. Has worked great for 9-10 years now.

CooperM
09-28-08, 18:17
Sending it back tomorrow, it wobbles worse than an 90 year old with Alzheimer’s ..

Can anyone recommend one for a gas block?

Mark

Left Sig
09-28-08, 19:50
Did you have trouble with the spring flip or the manual flip one? I had a manual flip one that attached to a railed gas block before getting the integrated clamp-on one and it was very solid as well.

CooperM
09-28-08, 20:24
I bought the spring flip up, it really is bad. The guys a the gun store were not impressed when I brought it in.

I am not impressed with GG&G Q/A

Mark

Did you have trouble with the spring flip or the manual flip one? I had a manual flip one that attached to a railed gas block before getting the integrated clamp-on one and it was very solid as well.

Left Sig
09-28-08, 20:53
I have found most of GG&G's products to be very high quality compared to most of the other brands. The manually operated sights are extremely solid - better than almost anything else I've looked at. The spring operated sights were produced at customer request, and since they rely on springs to deploy, the detents that lock them in place can't be nearly as tight as on the manual sights. Give the regular flip front a try.

Avoid the Samson - it wobbles really bad. I had one and sent it back.

josey88
09-28-08, 21:53
deleted