PDA

View Full Version : Bill O' Reilly apparently fired....

Firefly
04-19-17, 13:10
....and I for one am glad. Looking up some news and it seems that they got sick of the BS, lost sponsors, and he paid out 13 mil for hush money.

Regardless of political affiliations or whatever....I couldnt stand him since at least 2000. He was war hawkish over Bosnia, always had some smug "I'm smarter than you" remark, and his 'Killing _______' books were not even as historically accurate as Harry Turtledove and he wrote about Civil War with AKs and Axis and Allies fighting Martians.

So to see his leprechaun ass on the bricks warmed my blackened and sullen heart today.

Megyn Kelly, Gretchen Carlson, and now this chump.

The purges are good. I'd almost say give Kennedy the time slot where she has on guests but has like a Kennedy's Korner where she talks about underground bands like Alternative Nation. Like she puts on her old jean jacket and talks about the latest in edgy, angry, and anti-social rock that is not lame. Better than that lame Waters World spiel.

Straight Shooter
04-19-17, 13:27
meh. The libtards are more happy about this than the GA vote last night.
The only joy they can get is from Repubs problems.
As for Billy boy himself- ADI-FUVCKIN-OS. Good riddance.

Firefly
04-19-17, 13:30
meh. The libtards are more happy about this than the GA vote last night.
The only joy they can get is from Repubs problems.
As for Billy boy himself- ADI-FUVCKIN-OS. Good riddance.

I'm happy about it going to run-off. Assoff is one of them uppity rich kids. Millions of out of state dollars and couldnt get 50% against a cavalcade of Republicans in one of the bluest parts of the state.

KalashniKEV
04-19-17, 13:42
He'll have more time to write his next book in defense of wholesome American family values and the Culture War while rubbing down soapy skanks with the "falafel thing..."

Doc Safari
04-19-17, 13:49
He's a smug twit who thinks his every utterance qualifies as literature.

I won't miss him a bit.

Alex V
04-19-17, 13:53
He lost me when he came out in favor of an AWB and ridiculed Exxon Mobile for making money. How dare a business profit, they should give fuel away at cost. Silly capitalists.

Firefly
04-19-17, 13:55
He'll have more time to write his next book in defense of wholesome American family values and the Culture War while rubbing down soapy skanks with the "falafel thing..."

That grinds my gears. People like Glenn Beck and O 'Reilly who simp and parse over "culture war" and Family Values yet would never refuse a crack pipe or a Pinoy ladyboy.

Straight Shooter
04-19-17, 13:55
I'm happy about it going to run-off. Assoff is one of them uppity rich kids. Millions of out of state dollars and couldnt get 50% against a cavalcade of Republicans in one of the bluest parts of the state.

Im happy 'bout that too. As a GA boy-your thoughts on the Repubs chances in June?
Also- Doc is right, he is a smug, pompous ASS, and the shit Ive heard him WRONGLY say about guns & gun laws...factually wrong stuff- well he can go piss up a rope.
Also- I watched the film version of his book Killing Jesus on FOX Easter night. Left out so much detail, and to me, had Jesus acting as if HE didn't know who HE was. I was pissed. As the Bible says, you change, alter, add to or leave out something....its a sin. Screw O'Reilly.

Dist. Expert 26
04-19-17, 13:56
I never could stand him. Dude thinks he's God's gift to earth and his opinions should be taken as gospel.

Not that I've watched cable news in almost a decade, but still.

Firefly
04-19-17, 13:58
If they get off their butts, Ossoff will lose spectacularly. If they keep on with the buck-buck games, he'll pull out the GSU college kid vote.

jmp45
04-19-17, 14:04
Maybe he'll move to CNN.. ;) I'd like to see Tucker take that slot.

Doc Safari
04-19-17, 14:06
Maybe he'll move to CNN where he belongs.

Fixed if for ya.

ABNAK
04-19-17, 14:16
Figured it was coming.

Sam
04-19-17, 14:18
Why was he the #1 show at Fox? I didn't like him and rarely, rarely watch any part of his show, unless there was someone interesting that he was interviewing. From the feelings on this forum, he's not a favorite here either. So then why was his show leading everybody else? Is it because the other shows are much worse?

jpmuscle
04-19-17, 14:23
Why was he the #1 show at Fox? I didn't like him and rarely, rarely watch any part of his show, unless there was someone interesting that he was interviewing. From the feelings on this forum, he's not a favorite here either. So then why was his show leading everybody else? Is it because the other shows are much worse?
I think he was a favorite amongst the senior crowd.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Firefly
04-19-17, 14:25

Honest answer: The Matlock bunch of old fogeys who always want to be angry at someone for something

soulezoo
04-19-17, 14:29
He was #1 in the 25-50 (or whatever that was) demo as well.

jmp45
04-19-17, 14:30
I think he was a favorite amongst the senior crowd.

I think mostly too.. Back to back pharmaceutical & health care ads.

SteyrAUG
04-19-17, 14:44
....and I for one am glad. Looking up some news and it seems that they got sick of the BS, lost sponsors, and he paid out 13 mil for hush money.

Regardless of political affiliations or whatever....I couldnt stand him since at least 2000. He was war hawkish over Bosnia, always had some smug "I'm smarter than you" remark, and his 'Killing _______' books were not even as historically accurate as Harry Turtledove and he wrote about Civil War with AKs and Axis and Allies fighting Martians.

So to see his leprechaun ass on the bricks warmed my blackened and sullen heart today.

The purges are good. I'd almost say give Kennedy the time slot where she has on guests but has like a Kennedy's Korner where she talks about underground bands like Alternative Nation. Like she puts on her old jean jacket and talks about the latest in edgy, angry, and anti-social rock that is not lame. Better than that lame Waters World spiel.

He lost me during the impending sunset with "Nobody needs an Uzi."

Firefly
04-19-17, 14:52
He lost me during the impending sunset with "Nobody needs an Uzi."

Yeah, I remember that. He thinks a .38 is like the only gun anyone 'needs'.

Everybody chumps on the UZI. There are better guns out there.

Tucker Carlson, FWIW, stated on his show he owns an AR.

yoni
04-19-17, 14:55
Ego, once again leads to a fall.

OH58D
Tucker Carlson will be getting the 8PM Eastern Time slot. Seems to be a solid Conservative who engages the Left with cunning and intellect.

Alex V
Tucker IS taking his spot. Bolling gets his own show at 5, and The Five is moving to 9 pm. Now I won't have to rush home from work to stare at KG.

Dist. Expert 26
04-19-17, 14:56
I can't get past the vacant expression Carlson has whenever he's interviewing someone.

But yeah, O'Reilly's "common sense" ideas about the 2nd is why I stopped watching him. Typical yankee ignorance/arrogance.

Firefly
04-19-17, 14:59
I can't get past the vacant expression Carlson has whenever he's interviewing someone.

But yeah, O'Reilly's "common sense" ideas about the 2nd is why I stopped watching him. Typical yankee ignorance/arrogance.

You never played football?

That's the Lineman's Stare. It lets people get cocky then thats when they eff up. Tucker Carlson lets em talk and talk then bammo.

ABNAK
04-19-17, 15:03
I gave up on O'Reilly years ago as a pompous ass. Seems like a NY Republican, i.e. definitely not pro-gun and a little more loose on social issues. The latter in and of itself doesn't bother me but the former is a big no-go.

Sensei
04-19-17, 15:06

It can be one or a combination of these choices:

1) M4C is not an accurate representation of the cable TV viewership.
2) Cable news ratings are all rigged. You know, like the national polls. ;)

Dist. Expert 26
04-19-17, 15:09
You never played football?

That's the Lineman's Stare. It lets people get cocky then thats when they eff up. Tucker Carlson lets em talk and talk then bammo.

Can't say I did. To me he just looks sort of...challenged. But to be fair I've never watched his show for more than a few minutes at the gym.

Firefly
04-19-17, 15:21
Can't say I did. To me he just looks sort of...challenged. But to be fair I've never watched his show for more than a few minutes at the gym.

I'm not accusing him of football but thats what it looks like

That and dear Lord help me, he reminds me of Super Dave Osborne

Doc Safari
04-19-17, 15:23
I just thought Carlson's blank stare was his incredulity at having to listen to all the liberal horseshit his guests shovel at him day after day.

Takes a toll on a guy.

jmp45
04-19-17, 15:29

Cool, Tucker is one of the few that actually challenges intellectually. The others.. rehashed talking points, Hannity interrupting with his same old bullet points.. Gets old quick. Gutfeld on the other hand is entertaining.

Doc Safari
04-19-17, 15:36
Cool, Tucker is one of the few that actually challenges intellectually. The others.. rehashed talking points, Hannity interrupting with his same old bullet points.. Gets old quick. Gutfeld on the other hand is entertaining.

I despised Hannity for a while. Thought he was just a shill for the stupid party (GOP). But he's redeemed himself somewhat. I like Carlson; I just don't go out of my way to watch him.

The bottom line is: Whether O'Reilly is guilty of anything or not, sooner or later the old dog has to be put down. That's my take on it. He may be a ratings king but the people that are out to get him finally won the day and it wouldn't have mattered one whit if he's a sexual harasser or not. He just had enough enemies that he couldn't defeat them all.

Big A
04-19-17, 16:52
"**** it! We'll do it live!"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Dienekes
04-19-17, 17:04
Speaking strictly for myself, I couldn't give a rat's ass what some media personality comes or goes; big deal. Haven't watched anything on Fox in six months. Years for any of the other posers. Maybe Carlson is good, but "I just don't care anymore".

WillBrink
04-19-17, 17:24

So grabbing them by the pu$$y didn't work out so well for him as it did for POTUS? Always found his smugness beyond my tolerance levels, so no loss.

lowprone
04-19-17, 17:47
The bottom line is: Whether O'Reilly is guilty of anything or not, sooner or later the old dog has to be put down. That's my take on it. He may be a ratings king but the people that are out to get him finally won the day and it wouldn't have mattered one whit if he's a sexual harasser or not. He just had enough enemies that he couldn't defeat them all.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Undoubtably true, The King is dead, long live the King, and Tuckers guests have learned that if they talk over him they never have to really answer any quantitive
questions.

wildcard600
04-19-17, 18:51
Bye.

(find a way to say that with some substance...)

Honu
04-19-17, 19:07
tv news is dying breed anyway

just like other forms of information has radically changed amazed TV has hung on to as many viewers as it has

SteyrAUG
04-19-17, 20:07
Yeah, I remember that. He thinks a .38 is like the only gun anyone 'needs'.

Everybody chumps on the UZI. There are better guns out there.

Point is, he didn't even take the time to learn the issue and promoted the idea that "machine guns" rather than semi auto's were the topic of discussion. We had our local Sheriff running TV spots with their deputies firing fully automatic AK-47s at cinder blocks and stating "these are the kinds of weapons banned by the Bill Clinton law, we don't need these on the streets."

When we actually got the sunset, I was contacted by several people who thought M-16s and Uzi's were now cheap and legal. I even got a few LEO's wanting to buy "real" M4s now that they were legal.

MegademiC
04-19-17, 20:12
He lost me when he came out in favor of an AWB and ridiculed Exxon Mobile for making money. How dare a business profit, they should give fuel away at cost. Silly capitalists.

This, he is a liberal. A true neocon.

glocktogo
04-19-17, 20:23
Oreally was douchebag emeritus at FOX because the useful idiots that watched him accepted him at face value, a talking head who attacks the left. I guess they never really figured out that he was a smug, arrogant a-hole who wasn't as far right as he pretended to be. Glad he's gone. Perhaps he can go challenge Limbaugh as the douchebag emeritus of radio.

RazorBurn
04-19-17, 20:42
Bye.

(find a way to say that with some substance...)

My thoughts exactly. I never could stand his sorry RINO mouth.

http://i.imgur.com/jDiPLb4.jpg

daddyusmaximus
04-19-17, 22:21
Well, it's all over the place. Bill O'Reily got cut loose from Fox News.

A few women claim he sad nasty things to them.
Bill claims he didn't.

There is no evidence other than the "he said, she said" crap, so we may never know the truth. What we do know is that Fox news got scared and settle some law suits, and decided to cut bait. So Bill's out.

Now I'm reading people's comments on some forums and a guy suggests this youtube video. The chick in the video speaks like a person well educated, yet she does so with Army like profanity that I find kind of amusing. Listen to her while you're clicking on some posts... You may learn something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-N9daqANcw&app=desktop

AKDoug
04-19-17, 23:25

Fox was well aware of his problems long ago. I find it hilarious that they issued this statement since they paid most of the settlement themselves.

"After a thorough and careful review of the allegations, the Company and Bill O'Reilly have agreed that Bill O'Reilly will not be returning to the Fox News Channel,"

He's a tool. Glad to see him go.

Moose-Knuckle
04-20-17, 04:09
Textbook cult of personality.

I never understood why anyone "liked" him or any other network news anchor for that matter.

No capital punishment, no Uzis, ****'em.

If you have never seen his epic temper tantrum back when he was the host of the tabloid Inside Edition you're in for a treat.

It really emphasizes the whole; "My parents taught me to treat the janitor with the same respect I would treat the CEO."

(NSFW)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy-Y3HJNU_s

Eurodriver
04-20-17, 07:05
LOLOLOLOL

THCDDM4
04-20-17, 09:46
Good riddance! O'Reily sucked balls.

Now if the could just get rid of Shep, that guy is such a douche bag!

RazorBurn
04-20-17, 09:47

I never understood why anyone "liked" him or any other network news anchor for that matter.

If you have never seen his epic temper tantrum back when he was the host of the tabloid Inside Edition you're in for a treat.

It really emphasizes the whole; "My parents taught me to treat the janitor with the same respect I would treat the CEO."

(NSFW)

Watching that video reminds me of this excellent article I read on LinkedIn the other day.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/do-narcissists-make-good-leaders-anthony-howard?trk=v-feed&trk=v-feed&lipi=urn%3Ali%3Apage%3Ad_flagship3_profile_view_base_recent_activity_details_shares%3BUJ4LirvfT11Nq%2BMOz1B5fw%3D%3D

cbx
04-20-17, 09:56
People still watch the news on TV? I can't even remember the last time I did that.

Yawn..... I find it quite hilarious how news networks are still trying to remain relevant.

They are acting like it's now finally a problem the bill has been causing problems with women coworkers. Because that hasn't been happening at all for the last several decades...

Hillary voters and news networks. Now that's something that we can do with less of.

See ya bill. You've always been a tool bag to me.

officerX
04-20-17, 10:22
Sorry, I couldn't make it past 1.5 minutes.

soulezoo
04-20-17, 10:55
Only 1 minute for me.

Koshinn
04-20-17, 11:03
Only 1 minute for me.

story of my life

26 Inf
04-20-17, 11:13
double tap

26 Inf
04-20-17, 11:14
Only 1 minute for me.

story of my life

This will get you to two (2):

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3468/13028399423_7d2dbc2a4e_b.jpg

lowprone
04-20-17, 11:56
If the allegations are true, who can blame him.
There is so much fine trim on FOX, all the time, I would be apoplectic.

austinN4
04-20-17, 13:35
He got a reported $25 million payout from Fox to leave. I'd say he got the last laugh.

Doc Safari
04-20-17, 13:40
He got a reported $25 million payout from Fox to leave. I'd say he got the last laugh.

I know we live in a society where a person is supposedly innocent until proven guilty, but the fact that Fox willingly paid off some of O'Reilly's accusers is a tacit admission of guilt in these parts. If it were me, I would not have given the conciliatory farewell statement that he gave. I'd think if he were truly innocent he'd be hopping mad, threatening libel lawsuits, and just in general defending his honor. The fact that he went gently into that good night makes me think he saw the writing on the wall and was grateful to get off (figuratively speaking) with minimal consequences other than his cash cow career at Fox is no more.

How much does anybody want to bet he shows up with a new show at CNN, Glenn Beck's network, or MSNBC, or something?

Any takers?

SteyrAUG
04-20-17, 14:42

(NSFW)

That's called professionalism.

Sensei
04-20-17, 14:53

The guy was worth $85M prior to the contract payout. That is after a nasty divorce. He could spend the rest of his life snorting coke off strippers' asses and still die rich.

I'm hoping they get rid of that anal wart Hannity. All of his talk about having a black belt and being able to kill people with his bare hands has gotten a bit old.

Eurodriver
04-20-17, 15:05
Oreally was douchebag emeritus at FOX because the useful idiots that watched him accepted him at face value, a talking head who attacks the left. I guess they never really figured out that he was a smug, arrogant a-hole who wasn't as far right as he pretended to be. Glad he's gone. Perhaps he can go challenge Limbaugh as the douchebag emeritus of radio.

Douchebag emeritus.

This made me LOL

26 Inf
04-20-17, 15:12
The guy was worth $85M prior to the contract payout. That is after a nasty divorce. He could spend the rest of his life snorting coke off strippers' asses and still die rich.

This is what pisses me off about the world we live in. I could think of a dozen people off hand who have been of more benefit to society as a whole and are still south of their first million. It is what it is, but it still pisses me off.

Firefly
04-20-17, 15:34
If I had a 100 mil, none of youse would hear from me again. I'd be on the SS Hellbound with high dollar whores, dynamite fishing, flying rebel and pirate flags, with 240 guns laying about as home defense, blasting Van Halen and 2pac on the Lord's Own speakers, and wearing nothing but speedos, a silk kimono, shitty Gucci sunglasses, and a captain's hat.

I'd be living that International waters life everyday

but if I had a TV show, I'd just sit there, let them all talk and say "Maaan, you think like that everyday?! Lol, wow....."

ETA not really....I'd just live in seclusion and die a miser.

Double ETA: Who remembers Firing Line with William F. Buckley? I used to watch it in the day. Everybody said their piece and with at least some intelligence. That was the Gold Standard

austinN4
04-20-17, 16:37
Who remembers Firing Line with William F. Buckley?

Me! Yes is was good. Do you remember Buckley vs Vidal? I do.

Firefly
04-20-17, 16:44
Me! Yes is was good. Do you remember Buckley vs Vidal? I do.

Indeed.

He had on quite a few characters....Chomsky, Coulter, Chris Hitchens, and the like. People got their barbs in but not in an over-talking way. And it came on PBS.....for free.

Co-gnARR
04-20-17, 17:33
Sorry, I couldn't make it past 1.5 minutes.

She ties all together in the last minute or two, so you guys could fast forward to that point, get the message, and still finsih strong ��
Jokes aside, she is on point re: (so-called) feminists promoting an illogical double standard

TAZ
04-20-17, 21:12
She isnt naked so why do I need to watch her???

Sensei
04-20-17, 21:51
Meh, he's a good person. I think he shouldn't have settled. I don't think he did anything wrong.

;)

Co-gnARR
04-21-17, 01:12
Yeah, and her kitchen was less than spotless. And no sandwich and cold beer waiting for me, either.

Moose-Knuckle
04-21-17, 04:23
Watching that video reminds me of this excellent article I read on LinkedIn the other day.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/do-narcissists-make-good-leaders-anthony-howard?trk=v-feed&trk=v-feed&lipi=urn%3Ali%3Apage%3Ad_flagship3_profile_view_base_recent_activity_details_shares%3BUJ4LirvfT11Nq%2BMOz1B5fw%3D%3D

Interesting read, thanks for posting.

I'm sure you're familiar with the "Dilbert Principle".

Also, over the last fifteen years multiple psychology journals have published findings that show the correlation between leadership (particularly in the business world) and psychotic behavior lol.

This is what pisses me off about the world we live in. I could think of a dozen people off hand who have been of more benefit to society as a whole and are still south of their first million. It is what it is, but it still pisses me off.

I wished I was wealthy enough that someone would WANT to accuse me of sexual harassment.

RazorBurn
04-21-17, 10:48
Interesting read, thanks for posting.

I'm sure you're familiar with the "Dilbert Principle".

Also, over the last fifteen years multiple psychology journals have published findings that show the correlation between leadership (particularly in the business world) and psychotic behavior lol.

LOL on Dilbert. My wife buys me a Dilbert calendar every year at Christmas for the shop. It's how I predict how my day is going to go. It's always right, without fail! :D Over the past 20 years my managers have never realized its true meaning and representation.

jpmuscle
04-21-17, 11:09
LOL on Dilbert. My wife buys me a Dilbert calendar every year at Christmas for the shop. It's how I predict how my day is going to go. It's always right, without fail! :D Over the past 20 years my managers have never realized its true meaning and representation.
Pointy haired bosses you must have.

Fun fact did you know Dilbert predicted a trump presidency 20 years ago? I'll try to dig up the strip.

Hmac
04-21-17, 11:27

Scott Adams was just interviewed by Greg Gutfeld on his podcast. Pretty interesting guy.

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/159790100086/my-interview-with-greg-gutfeld