PDA

View Full Version : "The shot heard around the world"

BangBang77
04-19-17, 21:05
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."

Captain John Parker, Lexington Green, April 19, 1775

Today is my birthday, and having been a paratrooper in my youth, I wake on this day every year and I feel my throat get tight, only imagining what must have been going through the minds of his men. They took up their muskets and stood their ground against tyranny.

I am forever grateful to have been born in this country and for those brave men who created this nation.

Thank you America.

SteyrAUG
04-19-17, 21:22
Armed Radicals Assault Government Agents (http://www.justice101us.com/concordgreen.htm)

Members of a radical militia group ambushed government agents in a massive shootout today at a small town near Boston. Government agents as part of an ongoing investigation into the groups criminal activities were preparing to raid known stockpiles of military weapons and ammunition and arrest group leaders.

Tipped off about the raid several members of the group, led by a Colonel James Barrett moved their stockpile of assault weapons (including artillery pieces) to alternate locations. They then gathered members of their group at a local bar Wright's Tavern and made plans to ambush the agents they knew were coming. They placed armed members at key points in preparation for the attack.

The arriving agents soon spotted several armed men. Despite the show of force, they were not to be intimidated and moved into position. Government agents, under orders to not fire unless fired upon, took up defensive positions.

Believing that government agents were burning their buildings the militia group advanced on the agents positions. Government agents fired warning shots hoping to stop the assault. In the confusion several agents directly engaged members of the advancing militia group, who then returned fire.

Several men were killed and wounded in the ensuing gun battle.

Government agents have identified and issued warrants for the key leadership of the militia group. Among the wanted are James Barrett, Paul Revere, William Dawes, John Parker, Samuel Prescott, Samuel Adams and John Hancock.

Firefly
04-19-17, 23:06
Those Barbaric Colonials.

#DemandAPlan
#BanMusketsForThe Children
#SarahMcLachlan

AKDoug
04-19-17, 23:56
#samuelwhittemoresuperstud

Dienekes
04-20-17, 00:36
One of my few heroes is Tom Paine, who wrote "Common Sense" and "The Crisis". He was self-educated and a gifted pamphleteer. At a time when nothing moved faster than a galloping horse, printing was done by hand presses, and the news percolated through taverns, the message of "Common Sense travelled like wildfire through the colonies. Without Paine, the Revolution might never have gotten off the ground.

“If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.”
― Thomas Paine

This is a good watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dZhmgJJi-I Full movie: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0052SO0OW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

26 Inf
04-20-17, 11:46
The first "Strike of the Match"; dawn, April 19th, 1775, Lexington's town green, Middlesex County, Massachusetts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YkdbNJXjxk

Watrdawg
04-21-17, 06:58
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."

Captain John Parker, Lexington Green, April 19, 1775

Today is my birthday, and having been a paratrooper in my youth, I wake on this day every year and I feel my throat get tight, only imagining what must have been going through the minds of his men. They took up their muskets and stood their ground against tyranny.

I am forever grateful to have been born in this country and for those brave men who created this nation.

Thank you America.

The 19th was my birthday also! Feel the same way as your post.

Leuthas
04-21-17, 07:08
Amazing how Massachusetts has changed over a couple centuries.