PDA

View Full Version : I want a T-shirt, are they available???

Seth Harness
09-26-08, 17:41
Can "M4carbine.net" T-shirts be bought anywhere??? That is if there is such a thing.
Please excuse if this is a redundent question or request, but I dont think I've seen anything around on this topic.

...But hey, sometimes I miss things that are in front of my face too.

Thanks,
Seth H.

Jay Cunningham
09-26-08, 18:06
There are hats...

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=HAT-M4&reference=/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi%3Fsearch%3Daction%26keywords%3Dhat%26searchstart%3D0%26template%3DPDGCommTemplates/FullNav/SearchResult.html

Seth Harness
09-26-08, 18:19
There are hats...

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=HAT-M4&reference=/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi%3Fsearch%3Daction%26keywords%3Dhat%26searchstart%3D0%26template%3DPDGCommTemplates/FullNav/SearchResult.html

Are you guys thinking of getting shirts or is that a negative.

twodollarbill
09-26-08, 20:24
Are you guys thinking of getting shirts or is that a negative.
The M4Carbine hats that Grant did...one size fits all
I think Grant would have a hard time keeping 3X , 4X, and 5X sizes in stock :D

ToddG
09-27-08, 10:36
It's a simple matter of setting up the logo (free of charge) and doing it through cafepress.com. You don't make nearly as much profit but you can score a couple dollars every time someone makes a purchase and there is zero cost: no overhead, no setup charges, no inventory to maintain.

5POINT56
09-29-08, 10:01
It's a simple matter of setting up the logo (free of charge) and doing it through cafepress.com. You don't make nearly as much profit but you can score a couple dollars every time someone makes a purchase and there is zero cost: no overhead, no setup charges, no inventory to maintain.

www.zazzle.com

I like Zazzle a lot better than Cafe Press. Same kind of deal.

C4IGrant
09-29-08, 11:56
There are no T-shirts at the moment.

If anyone wants to put a logo together, I would be happy to look at it.

C4

sl4mdaddy
09-29-08, 13:10
There are hats...

Damn...no yellow visors?

:D

Seth Harness
09-29-08, 13:15
There are no T-shirts at the moment.

If anyone wants to put a logo together, I would be happy to look at it.

C4

Anybody know how to create a logo. Cuz I really want a T-shirt. :D

RogerinTPA
09-29-08, 13:17
It's a great idea that's long over due. It's been kicked around a few times. We should have an online store to buy hats, shirts (T's and Polos), stickers, shooting bags, coffee mugs, etc... Maybe a design contest to develop logos and vote on them, is in order.

RogerinTPA
09-29-08, 13:22
Anybody know how to create a logo. Cuz I really want a T-shirt. :D

Create your own or several, then post them so we can vote on it. I was thinking a OD Green T-shirt or Polo, with a yellow M4C as a breast patch and a gold M4Carbine.net on the back.

Jay Cunningham
09-29-08, 15:15
https://www.m4carbine.net/picture.php?albumid=30&pictureid=128

Seth Harness
09-29-08, 16:02
Create your own or several, then post them so we can vote on it. I was thinking a OD Green T-shirt or Polo, with a yellow M4C as a breast patch and a gold M4Carbine.net on the back.

Im down for whatever, I just want a T-shirt. I think a bunch of ideas to vote on would be a good idea. The shirts would surely sell, I know I'll buy a couple. Id love to get involved but I dont have any of the stuff it takes to come up with a logo.

markm
09-29-08, 16:32
I did AR15.com shirts years back when the site was pretty good. I inadvertantly ripped of Ken Elmore's M4 carbine drawing. :eek: Oops!

I ripped it off of someone who ripped it off of S.A.W. They weren't too bent out of shape when I explained and gave credit to Ken for the artwork.

m.adams
09-29-08, 17:41
Profile courtesy of Stickman

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v33/Whisper_44/Stickman/m4c_logo.gif

RogerinTPA
09-29-08, 18:11
Now I like that. Very cool decal.:cool:

https://www.m4carbine.net/picture.php?albumid=30&pictureid=128

Jay Cunningham
09-29-08, 18:45

I didn't make it, but I can't remember where I found it either.

Joe_Friday
09-29-08, 22:06

I'm in! OD or sand with black graphics and that would kick a.. well you know.:D

28_days
09-29-08, 22:22
I'm in! OD or sand with black graphics and that would kick a.. well you know.:D

Its a great image, but won't look too good (most likely won't come out well) when applied on a shirt.

I do printing on the side. I've done a lot of small batches for firearms/automotive enthusiasts over the past year, and have seen what "generally" works the best. Long story short, always KISS.

Joe_Friday
09-29-08, 22:47
Its a great image, but won't look too good (most likely won't come out well) when applied on a shirt.

I do printing on the side. I've done a lot of small batches for firearms/automotive enthusiasts over the past year, and have seen what "generally" works the best. Long story short, always KISS.

Not to question your experience at all, but how can you make an M4 silhouette and name any more KISS? :confused:

tjcoker
09-29-08, 22:51
I'm in on buying some too, looking forward to what the creatives dudes come up with.

randyman_ar
09-30-08, 00:28

Maybe not the best T-shirt design, but one hell of a bumper-sticker!!!

5pins
09-30-08, 01:50
How about something like this.

http://generalcartridge.net/images/m4c1.jpg
http://generalcartridge.net/images/m4c2.jpg

Robb Jensen
09-30-08, 06:02

That's funny!

sl4mdaddy
09-30-08, 07:20

Me likey...

If you can get this image in something like vector art format instead of jpeg or the other standard image formats I might be able to convince the wife to make a few trial stickers.

m.adams
09-30-08, 08:54
Let me contact Stickman to approve the use of his image first, he's not had issue in the past, but I'd prefer he signed off, even though the image has been posted in the public domain, once I get that, I have a .eps that I can send over. Please PM email address

RogerinTPA
09-30-08, 14:28

Excellent! Or how bout "The Chart has struck fear into the hearts of many"

Jay Cunningham
09-30-08, 14:56
MultiCam or it's just not cool.

;)

28_days
09-30-08, 23:55
Not to question your experience at all, but how can you make an M4 silhouette and name any more KISS? :confused:

You may or may not have issues with the fine detail. Most of it is just fine, but it would definitely need to be cleaned up in Adobe Illustrator. Areas that might have issues: the magpul, flash hider, and the rear of the LMT sight. Super small holes such as the QD point should be filled in as well--if the design is quite small. Depending on the process some designs will expand when applied.

Spade
10-01-08, 13:07
I would be up to kicking around a few logo ideas. Would it be possible to make it some sort of contest? Also some sort of dead line would be nice other wise the whole shirt idea might just fall to the side. I have done some logo work before. Some digital but most were done by hand, scanned & then cleaned up. I'll keep checking in to see how this moves.

GLP Standard
10-01-08, 13:31
I would kind of like to see a black t shirt with a white logo, similar to Glocks colors.

Why not keep it simple with a black shirt, with white letter over the left breast that says M4Carbine.net and then some type of larger (not too large) logo on the back?

Seth Harness
10-04-08, 10:35

Cool, but probably to controversial. I like it though.

RogerinTPA
10-04-08, 13:36
Cool, but probably to controversial. I like it though.

You might be mistaken for a God fearing, heterosexual, patriotic, gun loving conservative...besides, it needs a rail and VFG. :)

Spade
10-24-08, 13:00
trying to bump this back to the top as I still wouldl like to see an M4 shirt.

RogerinTPA
10-24-08, 18:40
I think we need NickB from Magpul to churn out some M4C designs....

SeriousStudent
12-19-08, 09:08
Sorry for the necropost, but this is a great idea. And I really do like all the designs offered so far.

I'll buy three shirts, they would make great gifts.

Littlelebowski
12-19-08, 09:24
There are hats...

That looks a lot like the BCM hat I have. High quality hat.

Seth Harness
12-19-08, 10:00
Any head-way made on the T-shirts or designs???
I want one.

Joe_Friday
12-19-08, 16:30
Deifinitely not saying to use this (played around a little and I found that I suck at making things like this) but what about something like this on the back, with the rifle completely black, and a simple M4C on the breast.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm62/Joe_Friday1997/m4c.jpg

Seth Harness
12-19-08, 21:33
bump.

1ManArmy
12-22-08, 10:15
Hey guys,
What do you think about either of these?

Palmguy
12-22-08, 12:31
Hey guys,

I like them both, particularly the second one with the circle logo on the back.

Seth Harness
12-22-08, 13:37
Hey guys,

I like the second one, something tells me Im not the final approval though.

1ManArmy
12-22-08, 13:40
If/when a design gets finalized, let me know where to send the vector art and you guys should be good to go.

Detective_D
12-22-08, 13:49
I like the second one as well.

I will be watching this thread for ordering info. I know of at least 2 I would get.
~D

Joe_Friday
12-22-08, 13:52
Yep. I am in for #2 also.

Iraqgunz
12-22-08, 14:03
I like the 2nd design as well. I think that grey/ black, OD/ black and black/white would be good. Also, if people are going to commit maybe they could get their screen names on the shirts as well?

JasonCz
12-22-08, 15:26
Hey guys,

I do some graphic design, and I really like the idea you have of the barrel and front site. Very nice and simple! Also I think that its just obscure enough so that people without any gun knowledge at all may not get offended. A full rifle outline may be asking for some attention that you dont want.

I can wear this shirt half the week and my M14 TFL shirt the other half!

SeriousStudent
12-22-08, 17:38
1ManArmy, those both look very nice. I like the first design, although both are quite good.

I think the FDE and black design looks great as well. I would need to wash it less. ;)

1ManArmy
12-22-08, 17:59
I do some graphic design, and I really like the idea you have of the barrel and front site. Very nice and simple! Also I think that its just obscure enough so that people without any gun knowledge at all may not get offended. A full rifle outline may be asking for some attention that you dont want.

I can wear this shirt half the week and my M14 TFL shirt the other half!

Thanks! I tried to do something that only people "in the know" would recognize on that one.

C-Fish
12-22-08, 18:09
Hey guys,

I'm in for either as well.

ToddG
12-22-08, 21:17
Not to be contrarian, but I'd wear the first design ... the second would be limited, at best, to range time. Just a function of where I live, I'm sure, but while many of my neighbors would never understand "M4" or the FSB image they would all immediately ping on full gun.

In the end, though, until the powers-which-be decide they want to make this happen, it's all just idle speculation.

selbsttatig
12-22-08, 22:33
I like the second one. But I'd like to see it in white on black.

Robb Jensen
12-23-08, 07:05
I'd prefer the 1st one. Non-gun people would likely not even know what it was on the back of the shirt.

RogerinTPA
12-23-08, 07:42
I like the first one too. Maybe something more cryptic in the logo like M4C.NET wouldn't be a bad idea.

Palmguy
12-23-08, 07:43
Just a function of where I live, I'm sure,

Yeah, it is :p

(I love living in a completely and totally red county :) )

Spade
12-23-08, 12:42
Hey guys,

I dig the first one. Well done.

HwyKnight
12-23-08, 14:10
I like the first one the best. Any room for a US Flag in the design?

5POINT56
12-23-08, 14:28
Not to be contrarian, but I'd wear the first design.

Ditto. Just because I like the slightly more subtle design.

decodeddiesel
12-23-08, 14:46
I'd prefer the 1st one. Non-gun people would likely not even know what it was on the back of the shirt.

For this reason the 1st one appeals to me more as well.

ETA: should be a 14.5" barrel...

Buckeye67
12-23-08, 15:28
1ManArmy, those both look very nice. I like the first design, although both are quite good.

Ditto that.

I think the FDE and black design looks great as well. It would match my rifle. ;)

Fixed that for me. :D

1ManArmy
12-23-08, 16:27
For this reason the 1st one appeals to me more as well.

ETA: should be a 14.5" barrel...

I knew somebody was going to call me on that! I tried it with the 14.5, the 16 works better for the design...

decodeddiesel
12-23-08, 17:23
I knew somebody was going to call me on that! I tried it with the 14.5, the 16 works better for the design...

Don't take it too hard, it still looks great with a 16" ;)

Palmguy
12-23-08, 17:53

Could always change it to a suppressed SBR :)

1ManArmy
12-23-08, 18:00
Throw out some more suggestions and when I get a chance this weekend I'll do some revisions/different color combos and post 'em up for you guys to look at and we'll go from there. Maybe after we get a few favorites we can do a poll.

Seth Harness
12-23-08, 19:42
Could always change it to a suppressed SBR :)

Good idea, I like it!

nighthawk756
12-23-08, 22:14
1manarmy....great designs man. I like both and would probably buy one in both designs. And I also like the American flag idea to be on there somewhere.

C'mon guys....I can't believe some of you are letting the gun ban libs sensor what you wear. It's your personal right to wear what you want. We've been too silent and we're on the verge of another assault on our rights. We need to speak up and this shirt is a brilliant way to do just that.

What's the worst that could happen?? Maybe spark a conversation? It would be the perfect time to debate them on the topic that most of them are highly uneducated about.

I guess I'm just lucky to live in a red state. But I still have to deal with my share of gun ban libs.

parishioner
12-23-08, 23:08
debate them on the topic that most of them are highly uneducated about.

Therein lies the problem. Everytime I try to present knowledgeable information in a conversation about guns I wind up wanting to beat my head into wall. Its like there is no getting across to them. If anyone can change their minds, I give you major props and would love to hear your tactics.

By the way, I like both of the shirts.

SpartanArms
12-23-08, 23:40
1ManArmy,

I like both the designs you came up with. I would buy either one of them, or maybe both.:)

Seth Harness
12-23-08, 23:47
If anyone can change their minds, I give you major props and would love to hear your tactics.

Ive changed a few peoples view points. I dont know for sure what does it, but Im sure its alot more exposure to any part of firearms, sights, sounds and just talking about it. Sharing my affinity for guns with people has been a good tool. Showing people that its OK to wear it on a T-shirt and talk about it, I would think would be great. Showing people that its not taboo and kind of part of the main stream has to work, I think thats what has worked for me.
... And this shirt would help in these efforts.

Okay, back to topic.

parishioner
12-24-08, 00:03
Ive changed a few peoples view points. I dont know for sure what does it, but Im sure its alot more exposure to any part of firearms, sights, sounds and just talking about it. Sharing my affinity for guns with people has been a good tool. Showing people that its OK to wear it on a T-shirt and talk about it, I would think would be great. Showing people that its not taboo and kind of part of the main stream has to work, I think thats what has worked for me.
... And this shirt would help in these efforts.

Okay, back to topic.

I wasn't really trying to say that the shirts would be negative in any way because I agree with you. Talking about it and exposing it to them is better than not saying anything at all. I guess I was just recalling the many arguments that I have had with people that havent gotten anywhere thats all. Im sorry if I came across wrong.
Anyway, the shirts.....:)

m4fun
12-24-08, 00:19
Design #1 - subtle and sweet.

1ManArmy
12-30-08, 07:57
New design, different color schemes...

R1pper
12-30-08, 08:03

Best design yet, I would buy all three colors

-DM-

Detective_D
12-30-08, 08:05
Even better design. Lets make em.
~D

randyman_ar
12-30-08, 08:18

I'll take one of each in XL. PM me when they're ready.

1ManArmy
12-30-08, 08:22
I'm not actually making them, just offering up the design work...

FirstSpear
12-30-08, 08:26
Great work, 1ManArmy.

decodeddiesel
12-30-08, 10:53
I like the new shirts as well. Great job!

nighthawk756
12-30-08, 11:00
Now if we could just get 'em made.

1manarmy....can you also do the other "circle" design with the full rifle? And maybe put the flag inside the circle behind the rifle? I still really like that design also.

1ManArmy
12-30-08, 11:28
Something like this, Nighthawk?

Palmguy
12-30-08, 12:32

That looks fantastic. I do like them both...but still prefer the non-PC version :)

Iraqgunz
12-30-08, 12:37
Ok, so what do we need to do to get the ball rolling on these shirts? I think we should have a poll and choose two different designs and color choices.

ToddG
12-30-08, 12:43
Since the forum (and its name) is owned by someone, the first thing that has to happen is he needs to OK all of this. Until then, it's all just academic discussion.

Iraqgunz
12-30-08, 13:47
Todd,

Who is that "someone" and how do we contact them and get permission?

ToddG
12-30-08, 13:55
The forum owner is aware of the discussion and if he chooses to move forward with logo'd items, he'll let us all know.

HwyKnight
12-30-08, 21:48
The designs look great. I would like to see a little full color Red/White/Blue. But not too loud. What do you guys think?

zippygaloo
12-30-08, 22:35
delete

HK2000
12-30-08, 23:07
you will eventually be able to buy them.

SeriousStudent
12-30-08, 23:18
Very nice work, 1ManArmy. I appreciate your efforts and time.

I would definitely get a couple.

nighthawk756
01-03-09, 00:41

Yep, looks good! I'd by some of both designs. ;)

zippygaloo
01-03-09, 01:48
Any chance of getting one without the huge graphic on the back? I like the subtle front.

RogerinTPA
01-03-09, 08:04
Very nice designs. How about patches, stickers, coffee mugs, shooting bags, tactical briefcases, etc....We need an M4C online store!;)

SeriousStudent
01-03-09, 11:10
Very nice designs. How about patches, stickers, coffee mugs, shooting bags, tactical briefcases, etc....We need an M4C online store!;)

Agreed. In my economics classes 30 years ago, I think we called that "pent up consumer demand." :p

FirstSpear
01-10-09, 13:08
Those designs are good enough that I'd be happy to wear one with some other text (should the forum owner not approve of the name use).

RogerinTPA
01-28-09, 09:57
Bumped so this doesn't get lost in the sauce...

Seth Harness
01-28-09, 15:49
Bumped so this doesn't get lost in the sauce...

It would be cool if grant would dive in here a throw a comment or two around, I know hes a busy guy and theres probably 20 other things that would take presidence over this at any given time, but it would still be cool. :cool:

Even if this thread never produces anything, at least the high-ups here at m4c know that we members would buy it and wear it.

C4IGrant
01-28-09, 16:45
It would be cool if grant would dive in here a throw a comment or two around, I know hes a busy guy and theres probably 20 other things that would take presidence over this at any given time, but it would still be cool. :cool:

Even if this thread never produces anything, at least the high-ups here at m4c know that we members would buy it and wear it.

I have been watchin this thread.

T-shirts are cool and I like the idea of doing them.

C4

Medicine Calf
01-28-09, 17:15
This is a winner. Good work 1ManArmy.

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/485/m4c2flqv5.jpg

Seth Harness
01-28-09, 17:18
I have been watchin this thread.

T-shirts are cool and I like the idea of doing them.

C4
Good to hear...
Thanks for the reply Grant.

1ManArmy
01-28-09, 17:23
This is a winner. Good work 1ManArmy.

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/485/m4c2flqv5.jpg

Thanks. Just let me know when/where I need to send the vector art file.

R1pper
01-29-09, 08:49

This is the best design, as I stated before, I will buy one in each color

-DM-

kbrdann
01-29-09, 14:10
If these shirts become available please PM me with ordering info.

HwyKnight
02-24-09, 02:04
Any update on t-shirts?

Joe_Friday
03-04-09, 08:43
Thought I would throw this back up again :D. Any news????

TOM1911
03-04-09, 09:15
I'm in for 5 of these if thet ever get to the production phase:D

HwyKnight
07-06-09, 08:43
Just thought I would post a reply to get this back up top. Any news on these or other designs? What about hats, etc?

tinman44
07-06-09, 14:50
i'm in for 2

RogerinTPA
09-14-09, 20:25
Bumped to see if any more ideas have surfaced.

glockeyed
09-16-09, 14:28
not trying to steal 1ManArmy's thunder, but his logo on the front of the shirt inspired these.

https://www.m4carbine.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=3217&stc=1&d=1253128564

https://www.m4carbine.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=3218&stc=1&d=1253128564

heijutsu
09-16-09, 15:53
Man, that logo is hot. I'm in.

Outlander Systems
09-16-09, 16:52
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/681/tshirth.jpg

Iraqgunz
09-16-09, 16:54
We really need to make these things happen.

decodeddiesel
09-16-09, 17:01

This is awesome!

RogerinTPA
09-16-09, 17:05
not trying to steal 1ManArmy's thunder, but his logo on the front of the shirt inspired these.

https://www.m4carbine.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=3217&stc=1&d=1253128564

Nice logo glockeye. Now if we can get the powers at be to bring these ideas to fruition....

SeriousStudent
09-16-09, 17:55
Those are all excellent! Very good work, gents! :D

Naxet1959
09-16-09, 18:22

That is the classic inside joke! The Chart LIVES!!

Rider79
09-16-09, 18:29
I like this one, but with this saying on the back and a small logo on the front.

beren74
09-16-09, 19:17
[QUOTE=glockeyed;454641]not trying to steal 1ManArmy's thunder, but his logo on the front of the shirt inspired these.

(snipped the excellent logos to save bandwidth)QUOTE]

TOS has the bolt face, it just makes sense for M4C to use the front sight. Good job, I think it would be great for stickers and patches too.

tinman44
09-16-09, 19:25
That is the classic inside joke! The Chart LIVES!!

I'm in for 2 of these if you can dial down the logo

MichaelD
09-16-09, 19:32
I like this one, but with this saying on the back and a small logo on the front.

Agreed. I'd definitely get a couple.

28_days
09-16-09, 22:41
1ManArmy and I were working on some M4C shirts, but the idea kinda fell through on the management side.

So I ended up printing them and selling them through my site http://www.1791apparel.com

http://static.shopify.com/s/files/1/0022/9902/products/m4_flag_220.jpg?1252281634

and this...

http://static.shopify.com/s/files/1/0022/9902/products/gadsden_220.jpg?1252281634

If the idea gets brought up again, and management gets on board, we'll have a go at it. ;)

Rider79
09-17-09, 04:16
1ManArmy and I were working on some M4C shirts, but the idea kinda fell through on the management side.

So I ended up printing them and selling them through my site http://www.1791apparel.com

I like them, but I'm fat, can we get a 3X? :)

Outlander Systems
09-17-09, 17:15
http://static.shopify.com/s/files/1/0022/9902/products/gadsden_220.jpg?1252281634

Awesomeness. Whatever the shirt is, I want to see this on it.

28_days
09-18-09, 00:28
I like them, but I'm fat, can we get a 3X? :)

Yes, you sure can! :)

Awesomeness. Whatever the shirt is, I want to see this on it.

Give me a week to see what I can cook up. I'll get a hold of the artist, and a few others and see what we can do. ;)

HMFIC
09-18-09, 01:29

http://static.shopify.com/s/files/1/0022/9902/products/m4_flag_220.jpg?1252281634

and this...

If the idea gets brought up again, and management gets on board, we'll have a go at it. ;)

Ordered 3.....

bigshooter
09-19-09, 16:02

and this...

Ordered 2

28_days
09-21-09, 20:15
Just a quick update.

I'm looking to have a few different design selections up for voting sometime Sunday. If anyone has any last minute suggestions please feel free to email me.

Thanks! ;)

Outlander Systems
09-21-09, 20:22
Gadsden flags + Patriot-themed + American Flag + Colonial Flag + etc.

It's hard to go wrong with national roots, amigo.

Anything related to "The Chart", as well.

Seth Harness
10-01-10, 20:18

We really need to make these things happen.

AGREED

theblackknight
10-02-10, 15:09
Just in time for Xmas. . . .

jmp45
10-02-10, 16:22
I made an M4Carbine.net persona theme for firefox a few months ago if anyone is interested..

http://www.getpersonas.com/en-US/persona/128424

LonghunterCO
10-02-10, 19:05

and this...

It says I need a password and to contact you?!?

jwfuhrman
10-02-10, 22:50
It says I need a password and to contact you?!?

same here

28_days
10-03-10, 20:10
My site has been down for quite a while now (as I've been finished my new house). It'll will be reopening in November--as it says :)

We never ended up going forward with M4C shirts.

Army Chief
10-03-10, 22:09
There seem to be a number of site logo ideas In circulation. Here is one I did a while back in response to a request from site Staff ...

http://www.weaponevolution.com/images/ac/M4C_v2c1.png

AC

Paulinski
10-04-10, 10:35
I'm in for at least two t-thirts in XL.

glockeyed
10-04-10, 10:53
There seem to be a number of site logo ideas In circulation. Here is one I did a while back in response to a request from site Staff ...

AC

WINNER!

RogerinTPA
10-04-10, 12:41
Awesome design AC.:cool:

AC

HES
10-04-10, 14:20

AC

Awesome. My thought, drop the "m4" text and just leave the carbine.net" text in place.

Army Chief
10-05-10, 18:00
Working on the revision now.

AC

BrianS
10-05-10, 18:03
I like the M4 part, the 4 is creating an FSB/bayonet lug shape for the barrel.

Army Chief
10-05-10, 18:56
I'm working with various attempts to strip the "m4" text from the lower reference, but to be honest, it leads to a very confusing impression that the name of the site is "carbine.net," since not everyone is going to automatically pick up on the stylized handguards/FSB m4 component.

The next best thing seems to be to relocate things a bit for a more balanced effect, and then offset the m4 part of the text reference. It is easily omitted altogether, but if we go that route, the design will lose effectiveness as a clear URL reference to M4CN.

Gradient effects seem to work better when they are cut down a bit ...

http://www.weaponevolution.com/images/ac/M4C_test.png

... and a solid tone (i.e. full black) version works fairly well, too. I always try to test monotone variations because they are inherently more compatible with simple output applications like embroidery, two-color stickers, single-screen shirts and yes -- even receiver rollmarks.

http://www.weaponevolution.com/images/ac/M4C_test2.png

AC

C4IGrant
10-05-10, 20:20
Smooth AC!

C4

Army Chief
10-05-10, 20:26
A preliminary shirt concept, albeit a very simple one.

http://www.weaponevolution.com/images/ac/tan.png
http://www.weaponevolution.com/images/ac/white.png
http://www.weaponevolution.com/images/ac/black.png

AC

Stickman
10-05-10, 20:29
Good looking shirt, I can imagine how many people will be wearing them at SHOT.

murphy j
10-05-10, 21:32
I like them AC. Awesome work Sir.

Safetyhit
10-05-10, 22:07
I'm in for a couple at least.

HwyKnight
10-05-10, 22:20
How about a Gadsden flag on the opposite sleeve?

SeriousStudent
10-05-10, 23:24
Tell me how much to make the check out for, and where to send it.

Very nice, sir.

HwyKnight
10-05-10, 23:36
How much, and how do I get it?

thopkins22
10-05-10, 23:46
Let me know who I need to bribe to make this happen. Army Chief has a real winner of a design there.

I like Gadsden and all that, but too much clutter can kill a good shirt. We like quality rifles and America. Enough said.

Army Chief
10-06-10, 05:52
Oddly enough, I did do a version with the Gadsen flag, and liked that quite a bit.

The "problem" is that it does look a bit cluttered to have both, it raises the per-shirt cost to screen it, and I wasn't sure about the underlying message this might send, given that the Gadsen seems to have been co-opted of late by certain political factions. We may agree with many of these groups, of course, but I still thought it wise to strike a more apolitical chord with the basic design.

I've no burning desire to muscle my way into any of this as the self-appointed M4CN T-Shirt Czar, though I am certainly willing to continue to develop and refine it, should that be the intent of management. My purposes were just to respond to an inquiry and offer some new ideas.

AC

Heartland Hawk
10-06-10, 09:04
Lets do this. I'd be in for at least two as well.

HwyKnight
10-06-10, 20:55
How about a smaller identical design in the left front area with the full size graphic on the back?

cop1211
10-06-10, 20:58
In for two.;)

5pins
10-06-10, 21:08
We have been talking about this for two years now, why hasn’t this happened already?

28_days
10-07-10, 20:14
We have been talking about this for two years now, why hasn’t this happened already?

Because last time we tried to get this off the ground it got stalled.

You have to be careful if you start doing designs on the sleeves. A) it's not nearly as consistent from a printing perspective, B) the larger the shirt, the more difficult it is too place.

Placement gets confusing because it can change drastically from S to 3XL. From my experience most firearm owners wear L; XL being the second most common.

28_days
10-07-10, 20:14
Double post.

No.6
10-08-10, 09:25
Oddly enough, I did do a version with the Gadsen flag, and liked that quite a bit.

Either that or put the Stars and Stripes on the other sleeve to balance it.

The "problem" is that it does look a bit cluttered to have both, it raises the per-shirt cost to screen it, and I wasn't sure about the underlying message this might send, given that the Gadsen seems to have been co-opted of late by certain political factions. We may agree with many of these groups, of course, but I still thought it wise to strike a more apolitical chord with the basic design.

Co-opted or not, it represents much of the mind set of the folks on here IMO.

I've no burning desire to muscle my way into any of this as the self-appointed M4CN T-Shirt Czar, though I am certainly willing to continue to develop and refine it, should that be the intent of management. My purposes were just to respond to an inquiry and offer some new ideas.

AC

I'm sure we could persuade POTUS to appoint you "T-Shirt Czar". ;) He seems to like to do that sort of thing.
Speaking for myself, I hope you do continue to refine the design and see it to fruition.

Army Chief
10-08-10, 09:38
Either that or put the Stars and Stripes on the other sleeve to balance it.

Actually, that was the exact approach that was used in the draft. There are some issues associated with yet another screen pass, especially when it comes to making sure sleeve placement is consistent (as correctly identified above), but we might yet incorporate this in some other fashion. Stay tuned.

Co-opted or not, it represents much of the mind set of the folks on here IMO.

Amen.

I'm sure we could persuade POTUS to appoint you "T-Shirt Czar". ;) He seems to like to do that sort of thing.
Speaking for myself, I hope you do continue to refine the design and see it to fruition.

Have been asked to do just that, and the work is underway. Spent several hours on this last night, and will likely devote several more over the weekend. Have been given enough guidance and budgetary consideration by the management to say that we ARE currently on the road to doing these.

AC

Army Chief
10-08-10, 09:41
As a quick aside, I should note that one of the problems I've encountered in incorporated a Gadsen design element is that it invariably ends up giving the impression that we're invoking some reference to Bushmaster/BFI.

Obviously, we're looking to steer clear of these kinds of affiliations.

AC

No.6
10-08-10, 15:46
That good news, oh great T-Shirt Czar!
Just my dos centavos, if the sleeves are problematic with alignment and multiple passes (and the potential QC failures), just the front and back would be wonderful in itself. I'd be in for a couple regardless. Thanks for the effort and time you've devoted to this.

SeriousStudent
10-08-10, 18:53
........ Have been given enough guidance and budgetary consideration by the management to say that we ARE currently on the road to doing these.

AC

Most excellent news. I'll be happy to pre-order several, when it is time to do so.

Thank you for your time and effort on this, along with all the other contributors.

It would be pretty sweet to wear one of these to a Vickers Tactical class in February. :D

No.6
10-23-10, 08:57
Any updates?

Army Chief
10-23-10, 12:00
Any updates?

Have really been pressed for time of late, but we've got some solid composites in play, and are discussing options. Will likely have more than one style available, but it takes a bit of time to get things set up, if you want to deliver a best-in-class product.

Soon.

AC

theblackknight
10-23-10, 14:36
I like the tan one. Army guys could wear it under their cammies too!