PDA

View Full Version : Somali Pirates

platoonDaddy
04-22-17, 14:06
Somali Pirates VS Ship's Private Security Guards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpNpDM-enLw&feature=youtu.be

Only allowed one video per message, he is a link to another: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15ymRh_M-UU

Firefly
04-22-17, 14:09
How do I get a job doing that?

Honu
04-22-17, 15:06
think that is old footage that keeps coming back as new :)

I wish there was more of this kinda video though would be fun to watch a ton !!!

google up the Russian attack one

there was a 20/20 or some lib show about this and they were saying how bad it is that they are firing on innocent people !!! hahahhaah libs what a freaking disease

Leaveammoforme
04-22-17, 15:14
I watched a documentary on the shenanigans around Somalia. Wish I could remember the title. But basically, the shipping company that was featured didn't hire security because it adds around $50K cost to every shipment.

They've punched the numbers and decided it's cheaper to pay a ransom every so often. When a ship was taken hostage the company would drag out negotiations. The idea was pirated couldn't jack other ships if they were busy.

Firefly
04-22-17, 15:23
Actually I looked it up and you have to be a Navy SEAL first.

Lame. I can swim and shoot an M4. That's discrimination :p

Dienekes
04-22-17, 16:38
The perfect job for grumpy old men. Followed by hot pizza and cold beer.

I feel better for just watching it.

platoonDaddy
04-22-17, 17:01
The perfect job for grumpy old men. Followed by hot pizza and cold beer.

AMEN!

sevenhelmet
04-22-17, 17:19
New or not, that was satisfying to watch.

vicious_cb
04-22-17, 17:37

I doubt that. That guy put several rounds into the guard railing in front of him...

JoshNC
04-22-17, 18:16
Why no miniguns, m2, m240s?

scooter22
04-22-17, 18:23

Apparentlythey have to be able to throw them overboard when they enter certain areas. Hence why they don't use optics.

Jellybean
04-22-17, 23:04

Well, I have it on pretty good authority that not *all* contractor's live lives that glamorous... ;)

Also, yes this video is quite old news.

platoonDaddy
04-23-17, 04:28
think that is old footage that keeps coming back as new :)

The Published date is Apr 20, 2017, therefore thought it was new. As you stated, someone must be republishing.

C-grunt
04-23-17, 05:00

IraqGunz did that for a bit. He wasn't a SEAL. Though he was a puddle pirate. HAHAHA

Moose-Knuckle
04-23-17, 05:26

We had an Industry Professional on here several years ago who posted a great thread when this shit really kicked off, he included a picture of himself on a container ship he was protecting where he was holding a Barrett .50 BMG.

Alex V
04-23-17, 08:50

Yeah! What the hell. Architecture isn't very exciting. That looked like fun.

We had an Industry Professional on here several years ago who posted a great thread when this shit really kicked off, he included a picture of himself on a container ship he was protecting where he was holding a Barrett .50 BMG.

Did he also have a Beretta 93r?

WillBrink
04-23-17, 09:57

Nice. They lit that little boat up good. Kinda thought fields of fire were getting a bit iffy toward the end. I'd have to have a lot of trust in those guys for that....I'm always amazed something that small willing to attack something that large. I assume pirate activity has dropped drastically since shipping companies stopped just paying the ransom vs having some security as well as various Navy's now patrolling the area. Even a few guys with ARs and repel those bone heads in crappy boats. Member here did that work and had a Berret 50 cal in a pic on deck of boat. Not sure if she still posts here, but was the guy who turned me onto M4C. The very life boat Capt Phillips was in is at the UDT/SEAL museum, bullet holes and all ;)

Moose-Knuckle
04-24-17, 04:14

:lol:

Umm, no. This dude was the real deal.

usmcvet
04-24-17, 13:56

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpNpDM-enLw&feature=youtu.be

Only allowed one video per message, he is a link to another: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15ymRh_M-UU
It warms my heart to see iorn sights. I liked the addition of razor wire too. Good idea.

Yeah! What the hell. Architecture isn't very exciting. That looked like fun.

Mack Bolan! Man that 93r photo shopped thread was EPIC!

JoshNC
04-24-17, 18:38

Ok that's funny.

Rayrevolver
04-24-17, 21:16

I seem to remember a guy named Hoploethos that posted about working cargo ship security. Anyone see him around?

Rayrevolver
04-24-17, 21:16
Doubled... Wonder why it did that?

kwelz
04-24-17, 22:11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yCCZ8Czf7M

Pretty cool compilation of pirates getting their asses kicked.

Moose-Knuckle
04-25-17, 03:42
I seem to remember a guy named Hoploethos that posted about working cargo ship security. Anyone see him around?

Yup, that was him. He changed his user name to VoodooSixActual. He is still a member here but has not posted in sometime.

black22rifle
04-26-17, 05:50
How do the pirates get onto the ship? Do they just throw a rope over?