PDA

View Full Version : NYPD Gun Permit Bribery Scandal

Big A
04-25-17, 16:19
http://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/feds-ex-nypd-officers-took-cash-parties-prostitutes-in-gun-license-bribe-scandal/

NEW YORK -- A former New York City police lieutenant, two former police officers and a lawyer who once worked as a prosecutor were arrested in a federal gun licensing probe Tuesday as authorities described a scam in which police employees traded speedy handling of gun permits for paid vacations, jewelry, catered parties, cash and visits to strip clubs.

Gotta love it. Too bad most citizens of that cesspool of a city don't believe they should be allowed to carry or own firearms.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

glocktogo
04-25-17, 16:30
http://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/feds-ex-nypd-officers-took-cash-parties-prostitutes-in-gun-license-bribe-scandal/

Gotta love it. Too bad most citizens of that cesspool of a city don't believe they should be allowed to carry or own firearms.

I cannot for a second believe the paragons of purity who oversaw discretionary issuance of handgun permits would abuse their authority! It must be a conspiracy! :rolleyes:

platoonDaddy
04-25-17, 16:32
Follow-the-money! Hopefully they will publish a list the lawyers clients.

Big A
04-25-17, 16:34
I cannot for a second believe the paragons of purity who oversaw discretionary issuance of handgun permits would abuse their authority! It must be a conspiracy! :rolleyes:
Well they were all charged with conspiracy...lol

Big A
04-25-17, 16:37
Hopefully they will publish a list the lawyers clients.

Why? They just wanted to carry legally and played the game by the rules the refs established. Plus one of the articles I read said all the licenses issued by that group were suspended.

sjc3081
04-25-17, 18:40
I wonder why they omitted they Orthodox Jewish angle that operated the bribery ring that enabled them to get full carry licenses for there politically connected friends.
http://nypost.com/2016/05/02/nypd-hunting-sketchy-gun-permits-connected-to-corruption-probe/

WillBrink
04-25-17, 18:54

Showing once again, gun laws are by their nature and intent, elitist and racist. Got the $ and or the mojo, you have a gun legally. Or, you obtain it illegally. Meanwhile, the law abiding hard working people out there are left to fend for themselves.

26 Inf
04-25-17, 18:55
I'm stymied. Can someone explain the actual difference between this and the interactions between lobbyists and our elected officials?

(rhetorical question)

Moose-Knuckle
04-26-17, 03:35
Showing once again, gun laws are by their nature and intent, elitist and racist. Got the $ and or the mojo, you have a gun legally. Or, you obtain it illegally. Meanwhile, the law abiding hard working people out there are left to fend for themselves.

Spot on.

Pilot1
04-26-17, 05:42

Good question. One is to influence laws PRIOR to them being passed. The other is to circumvent a law already in place. Bottom line. Money talks.

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-26-17, 08:08
I'm stymied. Can someone explain the actual difference between this and the interactions between lobbyists and our elected officials?

(rhetorical question)

Get your point, but maybe the directness and quid pro quo?

I've always had a hard time with understanding restrictions on what business can do overseas when it comes to 'consulting and expedite fees' and the legal way we influence politicians here.