PDA

View Full Version : Delaware State Trooper Shot and Killed Today

tgizzard
04-26-17, 16:01
A Delaware State Trooper has been shot and killed today. Personal buddy of mine is a State trooper and knew the deceased, there were two suspects and one has been caught the other is barricaded in his home and as of right now is still shooting at responding officers.

My state is a liberal hellhole, I hope they let the officers on scene put the POS down instead of taking him in, but I'm not holding my breath the politicians at the top will let that happen.

This shooting comes on the heels of a prison riot at one of our maximum security prisons in which inmates took a guard hostage and subsequently killed him during "negotiations"

I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting sick of hearing about these police shootings. The current climate in this country has got to change.

Link to local story on the events.

http://www.delawareonline.com/story/news/crime/2017/04/26/police-responding-report-shooting-bear-wawa/100932574/

26 Inf
04-26-17, 16:10
Very sorry to hear this. Lifting up the folks involved.

This statement: Clarence Travers said he was sitting at the red light outside the Wawa along Pulaski Highway when he heard gunfire. He looked over to see a police officer in a blue uniform fall to the ground.
He said a man then got out of his vehicle, came around the car and proceeded to shoot the officer on the ground multiple times.

Should dissuade anyone from putting any officer at even minimal risk apprehending this guy if they were otherwise inclined.

Firefly
04-26-17, 16:24
Anybody who thinks "ho hum another day" when they check 10-8 needs to do some re-thinking.

Not saying this trooper did that but these shitheels know what they are up to before you do.

The joke is always on you.

Personally, I am okay with a Remington resolution

26 Inf
04-26-17, 16:44
Anybody who thinks "ho hum another day" when they check 10-8 needs to do some re-thinking.

Not saying this trooper did that but these shitheels know what they are up to before you do.

The joke is always on you.

Personally, I am okay with a Remington resolution

Yep, you got to do things to short circuit their hidden plans. It has to be something you do all the time on every stop, every call. THINK, don't just go through the motions.

Firefly
04-26-17, 16:54
Yep, you got to do things to short circuit their hidden plans. It has to be something you do all the time on every stop, every call. THINK, don't just go through the motions.

Indeed. I was lucky and got some good hard extra training. You are correct about short circuiting their OODA loop. I wont deign share such a dirty trick on an open forum and if your PMs werent full, I'd run it by you

Det-Sog
04-26-17, 17:16
Damn. RIP Officer.

Hope they find the turd soon.

lowprone
04-26-17, 17:19
None should ride alone, period !

jpmuscle
04-26-17, 17:36
Very sorry to hear this. Lifting up the folks involved.

This statement: Clarence Travers said he was sitting at the red light outside the Wawa along Pulaski Highway when he heard gunfire. He looked over to see a police officer in a blue uniform fall to the ground.
He said a man then got out of his vehicle, came around the car and proceeded to shoot the officer on the ground multiple times.

Should dissuade anyone from putting any officer at even minimal risk apprehending this guy if they were otherwise inclined.
F all that noise...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

jpmuscle
04-26-17, 17:37
Indeed. I was lucky and got some good hard extra training. You are correct about short circuiting their OODA loop. I wont deign share such a dirty trick on an open forum and if your PMs werent full, I'd run it by you
I'm all ears my friend.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

dwhitehorne
04-26-17, 19:20

RIP Trooper.

I'm glad to see someone remembers the OODA loop. I talk about that and perception/reaction time in handgun training and new officers fresh out of the academy look at me like I have two heads. David

26 Inf
04-26-17, 19:32
RIP Trooper.

I'm glad to see someone remembers the OODA loop. I talk about that and perception/reaction time in handgun training and new officers fresh out of the academy look at me like I have two heads. David

I'm just saying this, probably the same look that many officers gave me when I talked about it at our academy. Horse. Water. Drink. But they are have street gloves and knives clipped everywhere. Some folks want to play the role, others want to be the role.

platoonDaddy
04-26-17, 20:01
RIP Trooper

Heard the interview with the witness sitting in his car, I was shouting at the radio, you dumb shit, why didn't you use your vehicle and ram the friggin shooter.

tgizzard
04-26-17, 20:09
RIP Trooper

Heard the interview with the witness sitting in his car, I was shouting at the radio, you dumb shit, why didn't you use your vehicle and ram the friggin shooter.

You have the understand the mindset here, it's all safe spaces and rainbows for 90% of the population of New Castle County, Delaware. I knew this day was coming sooner than later, unfortunately, our politicians will most likely be more concerned with making sure everything is "done by the book" instead of dropping this POS waste of air. BUT this is what our LEO have to deal with here ...

At 8:22 p.m., the Explosives Ordinance Disposal Unit (EOD) utilized an explosive breeching charge on the front door. At this time, no entry has been made into the residence. Multiple Special Operations Response Teams and Conflict Management Teams from allied police agencies are attempting to make contact with the male subject and are continuing to attempt to persuade him to surrender.

They've had this shit bag holed up for hours now, he's been firing at police on scene, and they're still more concerned with getting him to surrender instead of going in and ending this dude. Trust me, it isn't the officers on the ground not wanting to do it, it's the people at the top afraid to make the hard decisions.

New link:

http://www.fox29.com/news/250861953-story

Averageman
04-26-17, 20:15
At some point no matter how much you "love" a job, you have to take a hard look at the people who supervise and support you and ask "How much do they love me?"
At the point where they are willing to negotiate rather than take direct action against a killer of a LEO, well if you're a LEO, apparently you need to take a cold hard look at these folks and reconsider your line of work.
Openly and without remorse or a second thought Kill a Cop? Well, the gloves need to come off and the rules get set aside for a moment.

SeriousStudent
04-26-17, 22:30
My thoughts and prayers are with the murdered Trooper, his family and friends.

26 Inf
04-26-17, 22:41
At 8:22 p.m., the Explosives Ordinance Disposal Unit (EOD) utilized an explosive breeching charge on the front door. At this time, no entry has been made into the residence. Multiple Special Operations Response Teams and Conflict Management Teams from allied police agencies are attempting to make contact with the male subject and are continuing to attempt to persuade him to surrender.

They've had this shit bag holed up for hours now, he's been firing at police on scene, and they're still more concerned with getting him to surrender instead of going in and ending this dude. Trust me, it isn't the officers on the ground not wanting to do it, it's the people at the top afraid to make the hard decisions.

They need to lay gas on the most likely exit first, then other exits, areas above and below, hall and adjoining rooms, then his location. Pyrotechnic disseminates best in a house. Hopefully he exits before the house gets totally involved and it can be saved. Otherwise, let him burn with the house. Agency will buy the house regardless, but it is cheaper than what another dead officer will be.

Do not enter, please, do not enter, it is not about balls.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
04-26-17, 23:28
The current anti-police climate has me seriously considering hanging up my 1911 and switching to a Glock. I carry 28 rounds right now and I worry it may not be enough someday.

RIP to this brave man.

Det-Sog
04-27-17, 09:23
They got him!

On Fox News. Can't post link.

tgizzard
04-27-17, 09:25
Stand off has ended, suspect has been killed by LEO on scene.

http://www.delawareonline.com/story/news/crime/2017/04/27/delaware-state-police-shooter-remains-barricaded/100966602/

I'm glad they didn't bring him. However, I'm sure the forever activist up in Wilmington will be out and about today claiming "they didn't have to kill that man!" Let's hope those idiots stay home, justice has been served. Now we can mourn the deceased Trooper.

Voodoo_Man
04-27-17, 09:38
what the doer's house looks like after DESP got done with it

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-0/q83/p180x540/18076455_1129014927202715_4418967950099532423_o.jpg?oh=f268443a0ce8de824cd33e3ec28abc13&oe=5988F9F0

tgizzard
04-27-17, 09:43
I just talked to my buddy after posting the link, he said the perp ran out of the house at the police and a sniper dropped him.

Justice served.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buckaroo
04-27-17, 10:05
Prayers for the fallen and his family and friends...
Justice indeed but I feel no joy only frustration and loss

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

tgizzard
04-27-17, 19:03
Posting this on behalf of clb, who doesn't have enough post for GD, he reached out to me and has more info on how the standoff ended for those who are interested.

(I)Manage inside sales and some outside sales for my companies LE division, as well as firearms and ammo inventory. Know a lot of PA officers and Troopers. Some DE troopers and Wilmington guys. More NCC officers. Was talking to a good friend of mine today who was getting feed from some PA troopers that were on scene. They took an armored ROOK down. Were ripping the house open when suspect opened fire on it with an AK. Operator backed out and he followed him out. That's when DE SORT shot him. Word is plus or minus 10 guys shot him at same time. Not 100% on that though. FBI HRT was on scene too, but doesn't seem to have been involved beyond being present.

Firefly
04-27-17, 19:12
Good. I am happy with the Remington resolution

SteyrAUG
04-27-17, 23:39
So did anyone else see the big ass house this POS lived in?

http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/AP-Delaware-Shooting-MEM-170427_4x3_992.jpg

How the F does a scumbag drug dealer / cop killer get to live in digs like this? Glad they blew the shit up and dropped him. Hope everyone living with him is told "too effin bad" and insurance says "we don't cover things like this."

Averageman
04-28-17, 05:18

How the F does a scumbag drug dealer / cop killer get to live in digs like this? Glad they blew the shit up and dropped him. Hope everyone living with him is told "too effin bad" and insurance says "we don't cover things like this."

You have to launder that money and put it somewhere.
I'm guessing if you took a look at who lived there, what their occupation is/was and what .gov benefits they were getting while living there you would stroke out on us.
Generational schooling on how to game the system my friend.

mark5pt56
04-28-17, 05:53
Risk Management will not pay for any of it, seen it countless times.

Averageman
04-28-17, 06:41
Risk Management will not pay for any of it, seen it countless times.

Someone is likely to get a hell of a deal on that property when it is all said and done.
You know I have this idea for a home remodeling/ Flip this House show. A couple of Carpenters and Designers and the LEO's who were on the scene. Not only does the House get remodeled but we get an explanation of what happened and some ballistics/tactics research along with the news footage and body cam images from on the scene.
I think I will call it "Bad Boys Flip this House."
We could donate the proceeds to the Victims Families.

Eurodriver
04-28-17, 07:13
http://www.realtor.com/soldhomeprices/Brick-Mill-Farm_Middletown_DE
http://www.realtor.com/propertyrecord-search/Middletown_DE/Saint-Michael-Dr

$330k~ for a 4/2 house like that? Must be a really shitty area - seems low for the northeast?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middletown,_Delaware

Median income for a household is $41,663.

tgizzard
04-28-17, 08:09

Don't be fooled by the size of that house. Delaware sold its soul to land developers long ago. They come in sub-divide up old farm fields, build huge plywood boxes, sell them fast and cheap. Middletown, DE is the newest area being over run with these s***** developments.

As we can see from what happened here this week, living in a big house in a "nice" neighborhood doesn't get rid of the ghetto mindset and that mindset is very much entrenched in a lot of areas around here.

As far as the house, don't be surprised if the State pays for the damages. This state is run by lefties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk