PDA

View Full Version : Get a load of this!n (mackdaddy1911a1, Colt Combat Unit review)

tylerw02
04-28-17, 15:08
Wow, this guy...

https://youtu.be/2UIcPwyyR2Y

Firefly
04-28-17, 15:18
I could make fun of him and feel superior to him for his lack of advanced knowledge but maybe he loves his kids and helps old people with their yardwork so I cannot jank on him in good conscience.

tylerw02
04-28-17, 15:20
I could make fun of him and feel superior to him for his lack of advanced knowledge but maybe he loves his kids and helps old people with their yardwork so I cannot jank on him in good conscience.

Firefly, I'm sorry I outed you. I couldn't help but share your video.

officerX
04-28-17, 15:29
Custom kydex, mofo!

usmcvet
04-28-17, 15:31
Oh man is he going to shoot his ladder! =)

That was some good entertainment. I like the coffee can and duct tape holster!

Firefly
04-28-17, 15:39
Firefly, I'm sorry I outed you. I couldn't help but share your video.

The only 1911 I have is my Kimber and Delta Elite. I couldnt grow a beard to save my life.

I just see a video of an old guy probably only a decade and a half at most to go showing off his new 1911.

I could call him another redneck peckerwood but then I would be wrong and mean.

tylerw02
04-28-17, 15:49
You must have missed the comedic value. Come on, coffee can bolster, whiteboard to compete recoil to the "other 1911" and beautiful profanity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tylerw02
04-28-17, 15:54
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6Xs3sd8pv8

Firefly
04-28-17, 15:57
You must have missed the comedic value. Come on, coffee can bolster, whiteboard to compete recoil to the "other 1911" and beautiful profanity.

No, I get it. Yes it's all grandiosely redneck. I'm surprised Jeff Foxworthy isnt involved. I'm sure when he introduces his sister, ex, and wife; only one woman is involved.. I guess my heart simply isnt in it today

wildcard600
04-28-17, 16:13
No, I get it. Yes it's all grandiosely redneck. I'm surprised Jeff Foxworthy isnt involved. I'm sure when he introduces his sister, ex, and wife; only one woman is involved.. I guess my heart simply isnt in it today

I think your first post was spot on. This dude ain't hurting nobody so who cares ? Plus I would rather have a Colt in a folgers can/duct tape holster than a Hi-Point in some whizbang coast guard ranger sEaL holster anyday.

But then again I ain't an independently wealthy paratroop door kicker like the rest of the internet is apparently.

Honu
04-28-17, 16:39
AND people who find this makes me think what are you searching to find this kinda stuff :) hahahhahhaha

Alex V
04-28-17, 16:57
AND people who find this makes me think what are you searching to find this kinda stuff :) hahahhahhaha

I saw this guy on YT a day or two ago. I want to get my first 1911 and was looking up reviews for the Colt Combat Unit Rail Gun. This came up. SMH

Averageman
04-28-17, 17:03
I had wondered what Dale Dribble had been up to since "King of the Hill" was no longer on the air.

In all fairness, that's the guy who's going to pull over and help you when you're off on the side of the road on a rainy Sunday night at 10 pm on I-10 somewhere East of El Paso and West of Fort Stockton.
You might wish he would hold the flashlight between his teeth while you work on your ride, but in all fairness he's got a Christian heart about him.

tylerw02
04-28-17, 17:05

Well the title is pretty evident. It actually showed up as "next" after a P&S miscast.

ramairthree
04-28-17, 17:29
I think your first post was spot on. This dude ain't hurting nobody so who cares ? Plus I would rather have a Colt in a folgers can/duct tape holster than a Hi-Point in some whizbang coast guard ranger sEaL holster anyday.

But then again I ain't an independently wealthy paratroop door kicker like the rest of the internet is apparently.

I'll just add that nobody I have met with as much training and rounds fired as me still sucks so bad, which helps temper the ego.

JC5188
04-28-17, 18:13
Lol...I dig him.

That's a normal dude prob with a good job where I'm from.

And, I call it "ree-cole" too.

Lol

tb-av
04-28-17, 18:26
LOL,,, "Oh and by the way!" while using the muzzle as the pointer for emphasis.

Firefly
04-28-17, 18:37
I'll just add that nobody I have met with as much training and rounds fired as me still sucks so bad, which helps temper the ego.

I am going to have to lock you up in parade rest and spot correct you.

When everyone is lying face first in the dirt surrounded by NODS and high speed 14.5 rifles, and long after our bones are white from sun-bleaching....

The Redneck peckerwoods will inherit the Earth. They have no objection mating with kinfolk and livestock, don't mind using granpappy's musket literally from the War of Northern Aggression, and regularly eat what other people run over. They distill their own liquor thereby not being beholden to potable water. Have longstanding feuds and are mistrustful of "them outsiders" and have adapted to at least middle age with poor dentition.

I don't give a shit who you are or where you've been.

Absolutely no positive story begins with:

"This one time in West Virginia, I took this wrong turn on a dirt road......."

SHUDDER

ramairthree
04-28-17, 18:59
My point was everyone whose claim to shooting fame spent a weekend with some tool like Yeager at the range thinks they are awesome compared to the guy in the video,
even if they are useless.

Honu
04-28-17, 19:02
I saw this guy on YT a day or two ago. I want to get my first 1911 and was looking up reviews for the Colt Combat Unit Rail Gun. This came up. SMH

hahahahah youtube reaching the market SMH for sure :) hahahahahahah

Firefly
04-28-17, 19:04
My point was everyone whose claim to shooting fame spent a weekend with some tool like Yeager at the range thinks they are awesome compared to the guy in the video,
even if they are useless.

I get it. I get it. Solid copy.

Maybe I just had to exorcise a demon. I'm good now. I feel better. It's out of my system.
We shall never speak of West Virginia again

Honu
04-28-17, 19:05
Well the title is pretty evident. It actually showed up as "next" after a P&S miscast.

AND people who find this makes me think what are you searching to find this kinda stuff hahahhahhaha

You must have missed the comedic value.

Honu
04-28-17, 19:07
that guy that shot his leg then training kicked in and called his mom ! tragic but that was comedic in the best form

this guy truly seems to be trying to help :) just some folks cant teach :)

Arik
04-28-17, 19:16
Love the holster and the "lamp wristing"

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

SteyrAUG
04-28-17, 19:42
That test was sciantiffic.

Moose-Knuckle
04-29-17, 05:26
I don't know what's worse . . .

People like that actually film themselves AND post it on the internet for all to see.

OR

That they take themselves seriously.

Outlander Systems
04-29-17, 09:02
I kinda like this guy.

https://youtu.be/D7VurM4fXLg

GTF425
04-29-17, 09:15
I don't know what's worse . . .

People like that actually film themselves AND post it on the internet for all to see.

OR

That they take themselves seriously.

I see it being no different than people who have never carried a weapon in a professional capacity giving "gunfighting" advice when the only fight they've ever had has been with their waistline.

BuzzinSATX
04-29-17, 09:32

Good post! This guy is the kind of guy most gun hating, condescending liberals would look at and make fun of. But I see him as probably a solid "Joe Sixpack of Bud Light and burgers on the grill" kinda dude who would jump in his truck and come get you stranded on the side of a country road 50 miles away at zero-dark.

No, he's not MAC or Mr. Guns and Gear, but so what... And the coffee can holster? Hey, if it works for him as a temp fix, why should anyone give a dang?

Arik
04-29-17, 09:37
[QUOTE=BuzzinSATX;2486656 And the coffee can holster? Hey, if it works for him as a temp fix, why should anyone give a dang?[/QUOTE]

I don't. I just thought it was funny.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Outlander Systems
04-29-17, 09:38
And I guarangoddamntee you he knows the words to every C.W. McCall song ever written.

Outlander Systems
04-29-17, 09:44
This dude is so #Georgia it hurts.

Good post! This guy is the kind of guy most gun hating, condescending liberals would look at and make fun of. But I see him as probably a solid "Joe Sixpack of Bud Light and burgers on the grill" kinda dude who would jump in his truck and come get you stranded on the side of a country road 50 miles away at zero-dark.

No, he's not MAC or Mr. Guns and Gear, but so what... And the coffee can holster? Hey, if it works for him as a temp fix, why should anyone give a dang?

ralph
04-29-17, 11:01

I think Buzz is right... this is a guy who would probably give you the shirt off his back, if you needed it. As far as the holster goes, kudos to him, I'm sure he's well aware that it's not the best, but for a temporary fix, it does the job, I give him credit for the use of material, and how it appears that he cut it out all in one peice. He's no Ken Hackathorn, or Larry Vickers, he is what he is, just a average joe, with a new 1911.

RetroRevolver77
04-29-17, 11:20
Yup, that is the kind of guy whose people ran the KY National Guard out of the Appalachian Mountains down in South East Kentucky a few years back. Guard came down to offer assistance after a winter storm blew up from the gulf and knocked out the power lines for half the state. Seeing convoys of Humvees coming up the old mountain roads, the locals, thousands of them suddenly showed up lining the ridge tops on their quads armed with their deer rifles. They probably thought the government was coming to institute martial law or something. Suffice to say, the National Guard turned around and immediately left. Make fun of these country boys all you want but they are the real Americans, they take care of their own.

7n6