PDA

View Full Version : Changing FH to mount on 14.5" barrel question (Vortex to Blackout mount)

RyanS
09-27-08, 18:21
I had a chance to shoot a friends M4-2000 today and this was the push I needed to get off my butt and get a can. I've contacted our local dealer and started the order process.

Anyways, one of the host rifles (actually the only host rifle at the moment) is a Noveske N4 which came from Noveske with a perm attached Vortex. I plan on purchasing a Blackout mount for my N4 and use the mount that will come with the M4-2000 on another rifle.

Who do I send it to remove the Vortex and install the Blackout?

Should I try to send it back to Noveske?

Any idea what the cost could be?

Am I going to have problems switching permanently attached muzzle devices (which can't be overcome)?

Thanks.

HRoark
09-27-08, 19:58
http://www.adcofirearms.com

They do good work, I'm actually sending them an upper soon to do the same thing.

Face_N_The_Crowd
09-27-08, 20:21
May as well send in that Form 1 at the same time so you don't have to screw around with a perm attached mount.

If you don't want to scratch your name into that pretty N4 receiver, pickup any good quality stripped lower and a good quality LPK.

In for a penny, in for a pound....... besides, don't kid yourself this won't be your last NFA item and eventially your gonna want an SBR.

Enjoy.

RyanS
09-27-08, 21:04
May as well send in that Form 1 at the same time so you don't have to screw around with a perm attached mount.

If you don't want to scratch your name into that pretty N4 receiver, pickup any good quality stripped lower and a good quality LPK.

In for a penny, in for a pound....... besides, don't kid yourself this won't be your last NFA item and eventially your gonna want an SBR.

Enjoy.

I know, believe me, I'd love to do both but I can only do one thing at a time. It was trying to decide what to do first that's kept me from doing this for past two years. Gotta start some where.

HRoak,

I've emailed Steve and will probably end up going that way.

USMC03
09-27-08, 21:27
Just a thought, but have you thought about contacting AAC to see if they will do the work for you?

There are some supressor companies that will only warrentee the can if they install the mount / muzzle device.

I don't own an AAC can and don't know what their policy is, but when it comes to a supressor mount, I would contact the manufacturer first and if they won't do the work, I would then start searching for a qualified gunsmith to do the work.

Just food for thought.

S/F,
Jeff

Face_N_The_Crowd
09-28-08, 11:14
That's a smart thought. It negates the whole 'the threads weren't concentric' line if the baffles get whacked.