PDA

View Full Version : M&P CORE upper kit

Sam
04-29-17, 21:20
I saw the M&P CORE upper kit at the NRA convention this weekend. The slide is ported, and has a cut for red dot optics, plus rear and front sight. The barrel is stainless steel and ported. The rep said that it's available from dealers. When I got home, I tried to search for the kit but found no such thing. Anybody knows where to find one? The rep said it's approximately $375.

tarkeg
04-29-17, 23:31
As far as I can tell, they're unobtainium right now. They're listed on the S&W website, but I haven't seen one in the wild or even listed anywhere yet.

Nowski87
05-01-17, 14:15
I have only seen them on the Smith and Wesson website. I whish they had a non ported version though.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Sam
05-01-17, 14:26
Thanks for all the answers. Your experience is about the same as mine. Since you guys replied, I was able to find it on S&W website but not on any other site that I can actually order a set. I don't mind the ported barrel since this conversion would be for a casual experiment and practice only. But then again, maybe I can use my existing factory non ported barrel with the slide.

Nowski87
05-01-17, 14:38
You could use your regular barrel and essentially now have a gun with a lightened slide. Is wanted to get one to try an RDS on my pistol but it's cheaper to send my slide off and have the work done.

MegademiC
05-01-17, 16:45
Are these gen or 2? Are the slides iterchangeable?

Sam
05-01-17, 18:51
I was told by the S&W rep that it is gen 1 and not interchangeable with 2.0.

Nowski87
05-01-17, 19:07
Hmmm that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I have seen a few dudes using the gen 1 top ends on the gen 2 frames. Frank Proctor being the most recent.

Sam
05-01-17, 19:25
Just repeating what the S&W employee said.

Nowski87
05-01-17, 19:35
Oh I'm debating that, but if all holsters and such work with the new ones it would be safe to say that demensions are the same and the top ends would work. Only things that have changed are triggers and slide releases.

Now that I say it that may be the issue. The slide release.

MegademiC
05-01-17, 21:33
Oh I'm debating that, but if all holsters and such work with the new ones it would be safe to say that demensions are the same and the top ends would work. Only things that have changed are triggers and slide releases.

Now that I say it that may be the issue. The slide release.

I was just thinking, both of those interface between top and bottom, haha.

Either wah, I'll have a decision to make soon.

Nowski87
05-02-17, 07:24
I was just thinking, both of those interface between top and bottom, haha.

Either wah, I'll have a decision to make soon.
I meant not debating, really not trying to be a dick.

Alex V
05-02-17, 14:25
I was looking for something like this, I just bought a whole Pro CORE from G&R instead.