Any hockey fans here? Go Pens!!!

platoonDaddy
04-30-17, 12:11
Any hockey fans here? Go Pens!!!

Caps having issues!

GO PENS!

Jwknutson17
04-30-17, 12:15
I hope Ovechkin just punches Crosby right in the sucker in Game 3 ;)

My teams are out, but I enjoy watching. Nashville looked good in the first series just manhandling the BH's. Really supersized the Blues beat Minnesota. Thought MN was the better team. Game one the Blues were outshoot like 50-20 or something and they still won. Jake Allen won that series for them.

Not much interest in the NY/OTT series. Or the ANA/EDM. Still watching, but no skin in the game.

THCDDM4
04-30-17, 14:18
Caps are playing like poop! Especially Holtby. His stats are abismal for playoff time. Not gonna win unless he starts playing well.

Fluery is a mad man on the other side of the ice. They can't get anything by him.

I thought New York would be up 2-0 on Ottawa, but Ottawa is playing good all around hockey. That series will go to 7 I think. I think NY will take game 7, but I may be wrong.

Edmonton will take it in 6. Nashville in 6. Edmonton/Nashville will be a good
Matchup- fun to watch for sure.

I'd like to see the caps turn it around and take it in 7, but going up against the pens at home down 2 games is rough stuff. I think The pens will take it in 5.

Whomever takes the pens/caps series is going to the cup.

I'd like to see Nashville at the big show and Hoist the cup. Gonna be a tough road to get it though.

Digital_Damage
04-30-17, 15:22
Caps having issues!

GO PENS!

whats new? Caps have always been paper champs.

Ovechkin is the most over rated player in the last 15 years. A guy with his frame should be forcing his way in, but all he does is take slaps from the circles. His +/- is very telling.

This will be the Pens last competitive season for a little while, they have a huge team turnover needing to be done next season.

Lightning got a raw deal this season, I have not seen that many injuries to a team in recent memory.

Digital_Damage
04-30-17, 15:24
Caps are playing like poop! Especially Holtby. His stats are abismal for playoff time. Not gonna win unless he starts playing well.

Fluery is a mad man on the other side of the ice. They can't get anything by him.

I thought New York would be up 2-0 on Ottawa, but Ottawa is playing good all around hockey. That series will go to 7 I think. I think NY will take game 7, but I may be wrong.

Edmonton will take it in 6. Nashville in 6. Edmonton/Nashville will be a good
Matchup- fun to watch for sure.

I'd like to see the caps turn it around and take it in 7, but going up against the pens at home down 2 games is rough stuff. I think The pens will take it in 5.

Whomever takes the pens/caps series is going to the cup.

I'd like to see Nashville at the big show and Hoist the cup. Gonna be a tough road to get it though.

Fluery is not having a very good playoffs, what is working for the Pens is their defensemen. 33 blocks last game, just insane.

Ducks just do not have the depth Edmonton has. Edmonton or the Ducks will get slaughtered by Blues or Nash.

Jwknutson17
04-30-17, 19:42
Paying admission to just see Connor McDavid with EDM would be worth it. He's an incredible playmaker, skater, and scorer. Good game going on right now.

m1a_scoutguy
04-30-17, 19:43
My Rangers are down 2,,dam ! I watched the whole game on Saturday and had 10 heart attacks,,:eek:,,in the end it was all bad ! I work 2nd shift so don't get to watch much, but enjoy it when I get the chance ! If we could win @ home I would be a bit more optimistic, but its been tough so far. It ain't over yet,,so we will keep hoping for a big turn around ! :)

RazorBurn
05-01-17, 12:28
My Pens are doing good so far. I hope they keep it up! I'm still shocked the Blackhawks were swept by the Predators. I'm surprised the Rangers are down against the Sens. The Oilers and Ducks series has been a real good one so far as has the Predators and Blues series.

I'm happy for Fleury that he's getting a chance to show what he can do. He was the Pens MVP last year until he went down with the concussion. Murray played himself into the number one spot, but it's nice to see Rutherford look like a genius for keeping Fleury this year. Who knows how the expansion draft will play out? The Pens now have serious potentional to lose Fleury in it. I feel certain that the Pens protect Murray in the expansion draft.

The Pens will go into next season rebuilding somewhat, but damn it still looks good from this fan's perspective though.

Voodoochild
05-01-17, 13:29
My Pens are doing good so far. I hope they keep it up! I'm still shocked the Blackhawks were swept by the Predators. I'm surprised the Rangers are down against the Sens. The Oilers and Ducks series has been a real good one so far as has the Predators and Blues series.

I'm happy for Fleury that he's getting a chance to show what he can do. He was the Pens MVP last year until he went down with the concussion. Murray played himself into the number one spot, but it's nice to see Rutherford look like a genius for keeping Fleury this year. Who knows how the expansion draft will play out? The Pens now have serious potentional to lose Fleury in it. I feel certain that the Pens protect Murray in the expansion draft.

The Pens will go into next season rebuilding somewhat, but damn it still looks good from this fan's perspective though.

Excuse you...Your Pens..Don't try and Bogart the Penguins. I am hoping for a win tonight. And Fluery is having a great ​series so far. Hopefully Murray heals up and comes back.

RazorBurn
05-01-17, 15:20
http://i.imgur.com/mDPASbC.jpg

Excuse you...Your Pens..Don't try and Bogart the Penguins. I am hoping for a win tonight. And Fluery is having a great ​series so far. Hopefully Murray heals up and comes back.

http://i.imgur.com/psbWzvv.jpg

It will be a conundrum for the Pens when Murray comes back for sure. I would think Sullivan does what he has done in the past, and stays with the hot hand. I for one don't see Murray coming back anytime soon though. Groin pulls are a bitch.

If OUR ;) Pens win tonight, I will totally lose my mind. I really like the Pens chances on home ice against the Caps. I never dreamt they would leave DC with a 2-0 lead.

Moose-Knuckle
05-02-17, 05:23
This was awesome, major props to our Northern brothers and sisters to do the heavy lifting after the mic failed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf2jb51HzTs

Voodoochild
05-02-17, 09:09
Well the Caps certainly ​gooned it up last night. I hope niskanen gets suspended for rest of the series. And we got hosed on that no call goal. How are you going to call it a goal then review it and call it a goal then when Caps challenge it all.of a sudden no goal...

Jwknutson17
05-02-17, 10:13
Well the Caps certainly ​gooned it up last night. I hope niskanen gets suspended for rest of the series.

Crosby was falling down coming through the crease. Niskanen had both his hands almost together on the stick and was not really anything of a cross check. He wasn't even looking at Crosby coming through and put his hands up to protect himself against a flailing Crosby coming through. If you actually watch the replays he put his hands up to protect himself before he even knew Crosby was falling down or having his head turning. The intent there is ZERO, Zilch, None. If Crosby isn't falling down, nothing would have happened. Niskanen hands were barley above his waist. It unfortunate but just part of the game.

Too bad Crosby got hit and went out, but this is just like the football plays when the receiver comes across the middle, loses his footing and the D-back or linebacker hit's head on head. I hate seeing that happen to anyone. But there is No intent, just part of the game.

RazorBurn
05-02-17, 10:37
I just watched the replay as I didn't get to watch the game. Niskanen is a victim of circumstance. Ovechkin is the one who caused it all with his slashing. Yet, he's the one who gets away with it.

Digital_Damage
05-02-17, 11:54
Crosby was falling down coming through the crease. Niskanen had both his hands almost together on the stick and was not really anything of a cross check. He wasn't even looking at Crosby coming through and put his hands up to protect himself against a flailing Crosby coming through. If you actually watch the replays he put his hands up to protect himself before he even knew Crosby was falling down or having his head turning. The intent there is ZERO, Zilch, None. If Crosby isn't falling down, nothing would have happened. Niskanen hands were barley above his waist. It unfortunate but just part of the game.

Too bad Crosby got hit and went out, but this is just like the football plays when the receiver comes across the middle, loses his footing and the D-back or linebacker hit's head on head. I hate seeing that happen to anyone. But there is No intent, just part of the game.

He did give him a little shove, but it was not malicious. Ovechkin should have been tossed however, that was not just a high stick it was a swing at the back of his head. You knew this was coming, there is a reason they dressed 7...

Jwknutson17
05-02-17, 14:37
I just watched the replay as I didn't get to watch the game. Niskanen is a victim of circumstance. Ovechkin is the one who caused it all with his slashing. Yet, he's the one who gets away with it.

He did give him a little shove, but it was not malicious. Ovechkin should have been tossed however, that was not just a high stick it was a swing at the back of his head. You knew this was coming, there is a reason they dressed 7...

Ovey should have got the penalty, you are correct. Slashing at bicep level leads to bad things like in this instance the stick coming up at the head. That's what should have been called.

Voodoochild
05-02-17, 19:34
Goons plain and simple. They knew full fell the Pens would out play them so instead of getting good they decide to play dirty. And the goal that was waived off after the official review is BS. Ref called it good, then a review from above called good. But all of a sudden not good after Caps challenge. B freaking S.

THCDDM4
05-02-17, 23:02
The Nashville St Louis game is some tough, old school hockey.

Getting chippy out there.

I have no stake in the game- being an Avalanche fan, it's just a great game to watch!

THCDDM4
05-02-17, 23:06
Oh, and Ovechkin is a little bitch boy. He wants to be the best player on the ice, but he doesn't back it up with the tough work and little things no one notices that make a huge impact.

He never posts up on or crashes the net. Weak. He sits outside and slaps it in over and over...

Digital_Damage
05-03-17, 12:32
The Nashville St Louis game is some tough, old school hockey.

Getting chippy out there.

I have no stake in the game- being an Avalanche fan, it's just a great game to watch!

Nashville is cutting people up like a disgruntled Chinese iPhone assembly line worker.

They are just crushing the Playoffs so far.

Digital_Damage
05-03-17, 12:33
Oh, and Ovechkin is a little bitch boy. He wants to be the best player on the ice, but he doesn't back it up with the tough work and little things no one notices that make a huge impact.

He never posts up on or crashes the net. Weak. He sits outside and slaps it in over and over...

Ya, is +/- has always been shit and all he does is slap from the left. Most overrated NHL player of all time.

Jwknutson17
05-03-17, 12:43
2006-2010 I don't know if there was a better player in that stretch. He averaged almost 110 points a season. His 09-10 season was incredible. That is no easy feat. Cosby was right there with him too. Since then... Yes, he has not had that same success, and I think most folks that still are obsessed with him still are stuck in those early Ovey days. Last 7 years, they need to get their head straight.

RazorBurn
05-03-17, 22:34
My face at the end of the game tonight! :D

http://i.imgur.com/JRlH0wS.gif

Digital_Damage
05-04-17, 08:27
2006-2010 I don't know if there was a better player in that stretch. He averaged almost 110 points a season. His 09-10 season was incredible. That is no easy feat. Cosby was right there with him too. Since then... Yes, he has not had that same success, and I think most folks that still are obsessed with him still are stuck in those early Ovey days. Last 7 years, they need to get their head straight.

He was not even awesome then...

He had one great season, 07-08. Scored well, had a good +/- and crashed the net.

He did some scoring the other seasons, but overall he was terrible. Not even in the top 5 during that period.

06-10 Joe Thornton was the best overall during that time period.

platoonDaddy
05-04-17, 11:12
The Pens are winning with pure will and the outstanding performance of Fleury.

I just hope they can find one more victory.

Saturday's game will be the full wrath of Washington.

RazorBurn
05-04-17, 11:53
Saturday's game will be the full wrath of Washington.

You've got that right. They've come out with a fury every game, especially in the first period. I expect them to be full of piss and vinegar Saturday too.

Voodoochild
05-04-17, 17:59
Would love to see Sheary and Crosby back for Saturday. Drive the stake through the heart...

RazorBurn
05-06-17, 12:28
Must not be any Ducks or Oilers fans on here. I know one thing for sure, if I were an Oilers fan I'd be pretty pissed about that tying goal by the Ducks counting last night. I can see the one from the other night not going their way since Talbot's toe was outside the crease ( I still think it was interference because Perry hit Talbot's foot), but when a player is lying in the crease up against the goalie for whatever reason, and that keeps the goalie from making a play then its just plain interference, incidental or otherwise IMHO.

Talon167
05-06-17, 19:05
Must not be any Ducks or Oilers fans on here. I know one thing for sure, if I were an Oilers fan I'd be pretty pissed about that tying goal by the Ducks counting last night. I can see the one from the other night not going their way since Talbot's toe was outside the crease ( I still think it was interference because Perry hit Talbot's foot), but when a player is lying in the crease up against the goalie for whatever reason, and that keeps the goalie from making a play then its just plain interference, incidental or otherwise IMHO.

That was insane.

There seem to be a lot of late game comebacks this post season. OTT scored two late in game two against NYR and won in OT. Hell, the scored one late today and won in OT.

PIT got two late in game three but WAS won in OT.

I know it's happened more I just can't think of them off the top of my head.

m1a_scoutguy
05-06-17, 19:11
That was insane.

There seem to be a lot of late game comebacks this post season. OTT scored two late in game two against NYR and won in OT. Hell, the scored one late today and won in OT.

:mad::mad: LOL,hell of a game ! We got sloppy in the 2nd period and let em back in ! It was a great game just didn't finish the way I had hoped,:(,the (NY) goal that got reviewed was awesome,,but just wasn't enough ! Rangers just gotta get it done back Home ! :D

RazorBurn
05-06-17, 19:27
That was insane.

It has amazed me how many OT games there have been this year. Insane. The league has certainly gotten the parity they wanted.

m1a_scoutguy
05-06-17, 19:37
It has amazed me how many OT games there have been this year. Insane. The league has certainly gotten the parity they wanted.
Yea for sure,,I am mostly a Ranger fan and watch only them most of the time, but will watch other games,,its just a time thing and not torturing the Wife for hours on end,,LOL Yea unlike other Pro Sports Hockey is a bit closer in parity for sure,,makes it all fun to watch . Dam I saw the stat for OT periods this year during the game but can't remember,,seems it was in the teens ? Does that sound right ? I knows its been a lot ! I do know this is the 2nd OT loss for NY,,we need to stay away from that crap,,,LOL Well back to NY so we can hope ! :D

Voodoochild
05-11-17, 07:16
Let's go PENS!! Damn near gave me a heart attack Pittsburgh.

skywalkrNCSU
05-11-17, 08:56
I don't know which I enjoyed more, the Pens winning or the Capitals losing to the Pens again

Co-gnARR
05-11-17, 09:06
Back in Pittsburgh visiting family just in time to watch the Pens win on Cap's home ice is just...AWESOME! GO PENS!

platoonDaddy
05-11-17, 09:30
Love this headline:

Rust, Fleury lead Penguins to Game 7 victory over Capitals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBeQbe1V4zA&feature=youtu.be

RazorBurn
05-11-17, 09:38
I don't know which I enjoyed more, the Pens winning or the Capitals losing to the Pens again

It was a win win for me, especially with Fleury getting the shutout! I think it's fitting that Ovechkin gets scored on twice to once again show just how much of a defensive liability he is.

The Pens were laying it all on the line. When Guentzel laid out to block a shot in the third last night I knew they were all in. Pens looked better and better as the game went on. Probably the best post season game so far for the Pens. I hope they can build more off of it.

platoonDaddy
05-12-17, 15:36
After the Pens eliminated Alexander Ovechkin and his teammates from the Stanley Cup Playoffs on Wednesday, iconic Pittsburgh sandwich chain Primanti Bros. dedicated a drink - sort of - to the Russian scorer and his lack of postseason success.

https://twitter.com/primantibros/status/862652679885127681

Voodoochild
05-12-17, 17:09
Caps are probably going to lose a lot of players in off season. But so damn glad Pens pulled it out. Next up Senators Saturday night.

Digital_Damage
05-13-17, 07:39
Caps are probably going to lose a lot of players in off season. But so damn glad Pens pulled it out. Next up Senators Saturday night.

They will have to, most of their squad is in unrestricted and due for a payday.

They bet the farm on this season.

The big question is what they will do with Ovechkin, he reverted back to his "me first" mentality and is now crying about some phantom injury that does not require surgery but he will not be participating in any off season work. He cost them game 7 with those blunders.

You will be seeing a lot of movement in the league next season, several teams will be so far over the cap it is not even funny.

Chicago will be 5 million over.

Pit will only have 12 under contract.

Expansion draft will weigh heavily on fill-in talent.

The league will look very different when they open for buis next season.

RazorBurn
05-15-17, 22:58
Go Pens Go!!!

Solid win by the Pens tonight!

Voodoochild
05-16-17, 09:55
Yeah great to see them recover from game 1. I believe they were just spent after game 7 with the Caps.

Voodoochild
05-18-17, 08:11
Whelp that was ugly 5-1 and 4 goals scored in the first period.

RazorBurn
05-18-17, 08:13
Whelp that was ugly 5-1 and 4 goals scored in the first period.

Yes it was. As Lange says, "they got beat like a rented mule".

Digital_Damage
05-18-17, 08:25
One team is beat to shit with injuries and the other is healthy. Pit will grind out some close wins, but Ott is clearly in the better position.

Looking like the same as the eastern conf finals last season.

The shoe is just on the other foot this time.

RazorBurn
05-18-17, 08:38
One team is beat to shit with injuries and the other is healthy. Pit will grind out some close wins, but Ott is clearly in the better position.

Looking like the same as the eastern conf finals last season.

The shoe is just on the other foot this time.

I can't totally disagree with that either, but Crosby and Malkin have to step up. When you're elite, the fans expect elite things. I'll give cheap shot Phaneuf credit, he has gotten in Malkin's head. Malkin and company looked exactly like they time warped back to the 2012 series against the Flyers.

Digital_Damage
05-18-17, 09:30
I can't totally disagree with that either, but Crosby and Malkin have to step up. When you're elite, the fans expect elite things. I'll give cheap shot Phaneuf credit, he has gotten in Malkin's head. Malkin and company looked exactly like they time warped back to the 2012 series against the Flyers.

They can step up all they want, but they are not the problem and that is not where the injuries are.

The defensive units are decimated.

RazorBurn
05-18-17, 09:46
They can step up all they want, but they are not the problem and that is not where the injuries are.

The defensive units are decimated.

I'm not disagreeing that they're decimated, but from top to bottom they played like crap. That's a paraphrased quote from Matt Cullen by the way. No one on the Pens showed up to play last night from top to bottom. Sure they're banged up, but they still have to show up and compete. There was no compete last night, at all. I don't need excuses, but I would hope they show up with a higher compete level. I don't mind a loss when there's effort, but that was butt ugly to watch as a fan.

Digital_Damage
05-18-17, 13:39
I'm not disagreeing that they're decimated, but from top to bottom they played like crap. That's a paraphrased quote from Matt Cullen by the way. No one on the Pens showed up to play last night from top to bottom. Sure they're banged up, but they still have to show up and compete. There was no compete last night, at all. I don't need excuses, but I would hope they show up with a higher compete level. I don't mind a loss when there's effort, but that was butt ugly to watch as a fan.

Did not see centers and Wings playing like total crap, I saw a team that could not play their Wheel because they had no speed on D. The Pens are going to have to start RIM'ing but that is going to open up to Traps by OTT and Pen does not have many breakers to push into the zone.

The Pens are exclusively a fast team, they do not have the players to muscle in the zone. This is the same Issue the Lightning had last ECF. They can lose wingers and Centers all day because the scheme have them pressing with D on the wheel, few injuries to the D and the wheel just will not work.

Voodoochild
05-20-17, 08:11
Glad to see we tied it up last night. Hopefully this is a new start and we can finish it off.

RazorBurn
05-20-17, 10:46
Glad to see we tied it up last night. Hopefully this is a new start and we can finish it off.

I'd love to see them follow that game up with another win. Much better job taking it to Ottawa in the first and second. Didn't like them on their heels in the third, but liked them gutting out the win. Sucks to see another concussion on the defensive side. I think it's time for some runs at Karlsson myself.

Voodoochild
05-20-17, 19:43
If we pull it off it will be a miracle. Pens are so beat up it isn't funny. But like they said when Crosby went down. "Next man up."

Voodoochild
05-21-17, 17:50
Wow... 7-0 Pens what a game 3/3 on PP damn what a game.

RazorBurn
05-21-17, 18:01
Great win by the Pens. Wingels deserves at least a game for the elbow on Wilson's head at the end of the game. Crap like that deserves a rest of the playoff's suspension, but I'll be shocked if they give him one game. The crosschecks into the boards aren't getting called, so why should head shots be any different?

Digital_Damage
05-21-17, 20:34
Wow... 7-0 Pens what a game 3/3 on PP damn what a game.

They shortened their zone and OTT did not respond at all. The coaching out there looked like what my kids learned in pop. Before they made any adjustments it was 4 nothing, and did not change up until starting the 2nd. It was like they went to the locker room and googled "OMG WTF DO I DO?" LOL

Digital_Damage
05-25-17, 12:09
so.... people trying not to jinx it or what? Games 7 predictions?

platoonDaddy
05-25-17, 12:25
so.... people trying not to jinx it or what? Games 7 predictions?

Predictions: Hornqvist or Schultz will start

RazorBurn
05-25-17, 12:49
Predictions: Hornqvist or Schultz will start

Hornqvist's net front presence is a big key to the Pens success IMHO. They've done better than I thought they would without him.

I'm debating on watching the game. I don't want to watch it and jinx the Pens, so I've been keeping pretty quiet. I know I know, stupid crazy superstitions. :D

Digital_Damage
05-25-17, 15:57
Let this sink in a little.... if OTT wins

both teams in the finals were listed at having a 30-1 chance.

RazorBurn
05-25-17, 16:38
Let this sink in a little.... if OTT wins

both teams in the finals were listed at having a 30-1 chance.

I know. That's insane. I'm sure there's someone out there who put money on it too.

I'm still somewhat shocked of the pure domination of the Blackhawks by the Predators. I would have never seen that coming in a million years. If Ottawa makes it past the Pens then my money is on the Predators, in four!

RazorBurn
05-25-17, 23:33
Insane game. I ended up watching it. Anderson tried his best to steal another one, but the knuckle puck came through for Kunitz. Go Pens Go!!!

Voodoochild
05-26-17, 07:50
Damn what a game..Just insane. Let's go PENS!!!

skywalkrNCSU
05-26-17, 08:26
Not much better than an NHL playoff game 7 but throw double OT in the mix and that made for a lot of butt clenching. Glad the Pens pulled it off, now time to win four more.

RazorBurn
05-31-17, 23:55
Go Pens Go!!! Way to lock it down in the third period!

RazorBurn
06-01-17, 00:11

http://i.imgur.com/oVpqkho.png

platoonDaddy
06-01-17, 12:52

http://i.imgur.com/oVpqkho.png

Dang and double dang. Thanks for the link, passed to family and friends in Western Pa

RazorBurn
06-11-17, 22:29
GO PENS GO!!!

http://i.imgur.com/EsGFx9V.jpg

I thought Malkin should have won the Conn Smythe.

skywalkrNCSU
06-12-17, 08:14
I really wish there wasn't that disallowed goal because that was a really bad call but I'll take it. Bad calls are a part of the game so it is what it is. What an incredible third period though, almost wish it went to a game seven just for the excitement but I sure won't turn down the win in 6