PDA

View Full Version : Muzzle Devices Compatible with Silencerco ASR Mount

26 Inf
05-01-17, 10:50
I currently have the 3-pronged ASR Muzzle Device and don't care for the 'look' it gives my rifle when it isn't suppressed. The 3 prongs sticking out the end of my ALG EMR doesn't trip my trigger.

I don't feel the need for a muzzle brake on a 5.56 so their muzzle brake isn't something I'd want.

Does anyone make a flash hider that is compatible?

I had considered just running it with the ASR Blast Shield but it is butt ugly.

A simple blast shield would also solve my problem and float my boat.

Thanks for any help, relatively new to the suppressor world.

MisterHelix
05-01-17, 11:11
I don't "need" a brake on my 300blk SBR, but the brake's smooth profile allows it to slide into the Eberlestock scabbard without hanging up, compared to the three-prong ASR FH.

I have the SiCo blast shield, and use it for comfort when shooting at the range (backyard). Is it ugly? Sure. Who cares. It does what it's supposed to do.

The key point is that it is a reliable mount for the can, and doesn't get hung up on stuff. Everything else is secondary.

Theoretically, the brake adds some protection to the blast baffle of the can, so there's that, I guess.

(Edit: I assume since you mentioned suppressors, that you'd be shooting suppressed most of the time, in which case the blast/noise from the brake would be a non-issue)

fledge
05-01-17, 11:25
BE Meyers made an ASR FH.

Here's an example: https://www.noveske.com/products/b-e-meyers-249-asr-omega-flash-hider

There's a thread here of an aftermarket ASR blast shield in the works.

Slippers
05-01-17, 11:42
I have a couple of the BE Meyers flash hiders. They do ring quite a bit, even with a can on, just in case that bothers you.

26 Inf
05-01-17, 12:05
BE Meyers made an ASR FH.

Here's an example: https://www.noveske.com/products/b-e-meyers-249-asr-omega-flash-hider

There's a thread here of an aftermarket ASR blast shield in the works.

I've read that thread. I don't hold much hope for any in the near term.

26 Inf
05-01-17, 12:12
Thanks guys!

Vegas
05-01-17, 13:25
Out of curiosity, does the BE Meyers suffer from "tuning fork" style noise due to the equal length of the hider? The blurb on the SiCo flash hider talks about the 3 unequal lengths negating that effect and wondered if there was anything in it?

Hero
05-01-17, 14:29
Out of curiosity, does the BE Meyers suffer from "tuning fork" style noise due to the equal length of the hider? The blurb on the SiCo flash hider talks about the 3 unequal lengths negating that effect and wondered if there was anything in it?

My BE Meyers FH pinged quite obviously. My SiCo 3-prongs make no noise.

sva01
05-01-17, 14:55
SWR used to make an ASR A2 muzzle device. Looks like an A2 but has the ASR thread on the outside. I think that would be an ideal design and am unsure why they stopped offering it. I first learned of this through this post: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/04/20/silencerco-history-pre-buyout-swr-asr-a2-flash-hider/

This post from Duffy:https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?196131-Looking-for-a-muzzle-device&p=2487211#post2487211
has me thinking that we need to get Duffy to reproduce what SWR was doing and use his updated A2 for the finished product...

Slippers
05-01-17, 19:54

3 posts above yours I say the BE Meyers ASR flash hiders ring. The normal Silencerco flash hiders do not ring.

Leonidas24
05-01-17, 23:26
Battlecomp has their new muzzle device configured for ASR use, at $199.99. At this point though I can only find it in 5/8x24, and don't know when the 1/2x28 version will hit the market.

https://battlecomp.com/product/asrbc7-62/

Vegas
05-02-17, 01:06
3 posts above yours I say the BE Meyers ASR flash hiders ring. The normal Silencerco flash hiders do not ring.
Completely missed it. Obviously.

I'm not really sure why people pay $150-200 for a 3rd party ASR muzzle device. It's not like SiCo's mounts are horrible. Each to their own I guess.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

ffhounddog
05-02-17, 04:19
Does the BE Myers perform better than the SiCo Mount at suppressing flash?

Slippers
05-02-17, 05:59

I'm not really sure why people pay $150-200 for a 3rd party ASR muzzle device. It's not like SiCo's mounts are horrible. Each to their own I guess.

They're $119 at Brownells. The normal ones are about $80, though, so it is a significant price difference. I imagine some people just want something different, or prefer the look. I hate the ringing so don't even use mine. Thankfully they were gifts.

Does the BE Myers perform better than the SiCo Mount at suppressing flash?

Yes. The normal mounts are still better than an A2 in my experience, but the BE Meyers helps even more with flashy powders and SBRs.

ffhounddog
05-02-17, 07:45
Looks like I will be buying at least two for my favorite two SBRs.

26 Inf
05-02-17, 09:58

Once you get past the point having a rifle that is reliable, I have to admit that AR's, for me at least, are like Barbie Dolls for men. My ASR doesn't ring that I can hear, I just wanted a different look.

Once again, thanks for the replies.

26 Inf
05-02-17, 12:35
Okay, decided to purchase an ASR Blast Shield.

Can't find anyone, including SilencerCo who has them in stock.

Any suggestions?

MisterHelix
05-02-17, 12:43
Capitol Armory shows them in stock.

Hero
05-02-17, 14:57
Okay, decided to purchase an ASR Blast Shield.

Can't find anyone, including SilencerCo who has them in stock.

Any suggestions?

At the time I bought mine, the only way I found one was by posting a WTB ad. The seller had one that they used while waiting for their can to get out of jail. I must say that the difference between my bare ASR muzzle brake and adding the blast shield to it is quite astonishing. The brake is excellent at nearly eliminating recoil, at the cost of significant concussion. The blast shield returns the AR to sounding like any normal non-braked AR, the normal recoil comes back, but there's a huge fire ball that comes out the end (with a 10.5").

26 Inf
05-02-17, 20:03
I got one on the way via the equipment exchange.

223to45
05-13-17, 01:02
Battlecomp has their new muzzle device configured for ASR use, at $199.99. At this point though I can only find it in 5/8x24, and don't know when the 1/2x28 version will hit the market.

https://battlecomp.com/product/asrbc7-62/
I like that. Would work good for my 300 Blk's. But ouch!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

223to45
05-13-17, 01:06
I have a couple of the BE Meyers flash hiders. They do ring quite a bit, even with a can on, just in case that bothers you.
I have a SiCo flasher that too long to use with the Omega.
I was thinking of cutting back by half.

Think I would get the ringing?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ffhounddog
05-13-17, 02:55
I ordered three for my SBRs and I ordered one for a friend of mine for his SBR. I did talk to the LE rep for BE Myers and it is a little shorter than their standard but works just as well. This was a one time run so....I guess that it. I just did not like the price that much but I have two SpecWar Ks nd a SiCo Hybrid and now thinking about getting a Saker ASR.

triggerguard
05-16-17, 13:44
I have the old long one as well. It's too long for me to mount an ASR equiped Saker. I would think that you could cut it shorter but if you leave the prongs the same length you might have the ringing.

trackmagic
05-16-17, 17:45
Does anybody make a birdcage FH that has an ASR mount?