PDA

View Full Version : Propper Rifle Case

BRamberg
05-01-17, 21:33
I'm considering getting a Propper Rifle Case to hold my AR. Does anyone here have any experience with this piece of equipment? I need something for going to the range and back. At $70 it is at the cheaper end of the spectrum which suites my fine. This is about the max I'm willing to spend. Are there any other suggestions out there?

RobertTheTexan
05-01-17, 23:31
I don't how long of a case you need, but my Bulldog cases have held up well. Opticsplanet carries the, Amazon also. My favorite discrete case for my SBR is a Bulldog.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tigereye
05-02-17, 06:16
I use one of these http://www.dragogear.com/products/tactical-rifle-cases/36-double-gun-case.html Don't have one of the Propper cases.

J-Ham
05-02-17, 21:49
I agree with TheTexan. My first experience with a Bulldog was my JP LRP-07 shipped in one. Since then I've purchased 2 more. Based on the price, I'm sure they're Chinese crap, but I've been using them for the range for 5 years now & they're holding up fine.

If an American company would make the exact same thing with YKK zippers, I'd pay $100 for it. I think I bought them from LAPG, so you know they were cheap.

BRamberg
05-02-17, 22:30
Thanks guys. I'll check them out. A 34" - 36" case should be fine. My AR has a 16" barrel with a A2 flashhider and collapsing stock. I think it is around 30" - 32" collapsed.

Gabriel556
05-03-17, 22:58
I looked at Propper once. I ended up getting a Drago 36" single version that Tigereye linked. I liked it better because of the two more pockets on the outside. Neither of these are discreet but I didn't need that for my intended use. I wanted a case I could load up and sling on my back. The molle on both of these is a little over the top but in all black, it isn't totally obvious. I got mine on Amazon for about $75 last spring.

joedirt199
05-07-17, 22:13
CDNN was running a sale on their eagle industry bags in many sizes. May have to look at those as they were half off. Many in the $50-60 range.

hdrolling
05-07-17, 22:33
I'm considering getting a Propper Rifle Case to hold my AR. Does anyone here have any experience with this piece of equipment? I need something for going to the range and back. At $70 it is at the cheaper end of the spectrum which suites my fine. This is about the max I'm willing to spend. Are there any other suggestions out there?

I don't have a Propper either but I would suggest heading to your local sport store to see if they have the one you want or a variety to look over so you can get your hands on it and feel how rugged it is.

Our local Academy sports had a couple I was trying to decide on, getting into the store and seeing in person I decided on the Drago as well, the other bag I went to look at felt cheap and the zippers didn't have a solid feel when using them. Glad I went and looked because the cheaper one was the one I intended to buy.

Just a recommendation if you have any shops local to go check out first.

12thman
05-08-17, 08:16

you can get 20% off propper gear with the code practac20

tacticaldesire
05-21-17, 08:24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuY0K_oWgk4

Lefty223
05-21-17, 09:12
FWIW I use padded (1/2" padding throughout) electric or electric bass guitar cases. Pockets in the neck, exterior pocket on the body. The e-bass one has so much room it carries my non-collasable 16"'build, Lucid reddot, Ace stock ... w/ a spare upper along side it. $20 shipped from eBay. Shoulder straps too! Zippers may not be YYK but have held up so far well.

Also have one sized to carry my 24" barreled precision model. A bonus ... the built-in velcro strapping to hold the neck, holds the barrel/forend in position.