PDA

View Full Version : Best stock for sling loop through attachment

Krazykarl
05-02-17, 17:15
Trying to avoid rehashing a commonly discussed theme but I seek advice. I have spent two months researching on this site as well as following threads very closely. I am looking for an improved version of my colt gen 2 waffle stock. It has been very reliable but wobbly and noisy especially when slung. My other colt has a Rogers stock. Tight fit but feels less durable. Both Colts are equipped with ms1 slings looped through the barrel adapter and through stock.

Just bought a third Colt (oem1) and have considered magpul sl, bcm gunfighter, or b5 sopmod. I have no experience with any of the three. Leaning towards b5....

Thank you!

MegademiC
05-02-17, 19:48
Stocks are like 90% preference.

I like the b5 bravo. The magpul slimline looKS very nice as well. Ctr will probably be the most stable, but my b5 on bcm extension is dead quiet.

I have the sling around the fat part of the stock on the b5 bravo so it goes over my shoulder around my back.

26 Inf
05-02-17, 19:54
I have this one, it is my favorite stock: Exos Ti-7 - it is close to the SOPMOD. http://exosdefense.com/products/stocks.html

I also have the Magpul SL. The biggest thing I like about the SL is it's tight fit on the receiver extension. My Ti-7 isn't loose, but it isn't as tight.

The T-7, the SOPMOD and the Gunfighter all have a wider profile then the SL (which stands for Slim Line).

When the BCM Gunfighter was introduced it had so much hype that I drove myself 28 miles to a gunstore that had them in stock. I was meh when I handled one. I didn't care for the shape in profile, though I understood why they made it that way. At the time I was running my slings looped around the stock at the rear of the extension. The Gunfighter slot was too far down for my liking. Also the Gunfighter doesn't have an angled slot lower for those that want to run that way.

I have no experience with the B5 SOPMOD, most of my rifles have the B5 Type 23 grip, though, they are great (don't know what that tells you about the stock though).

Krazykarl
05-02-17, 19:55
Unfortunately my LGS has limited merchandise on hand to try out. Kind of at the mercy of those on this site to express generalizations on stock preference. Most reviews do describe the b5 as the comfortable one.

bad aim
05-02-17, 20:25
I love the B5 SOPMOD. Fantastic cheek weld and I have the sling looped through the horizontal slot on the rear. Both of mine are rock solid with no wobble.

Krazykarl
05-02-17, 20:30
[QUOTE=26 Inf;2488245]I have this one, it is my favorite stock: Exos Ti-7 - it is close to the SOPMOD. http://exosdefense.com/products/stocks.html

One that I had not heard of. After looking at their website it looks very nice and available.

26 Inf
05-02-17, 21:41
[QUOTE=26 Inf;2488245]I have this one, it is my favorite stock: Exos Ti-7 - it is close to the SOPMOD. http://exosdefense.com/products/stocks.html

One that I had not heard of. After looking at their website it looks very nice and available.

One thing I forgot to mention that I like about the Exos Ti-7 is the way the bottom of the recoil pad is shaped. The storage IS NOT waterproof/resistant. Don't know if the enhanced SOPMOD storage is or not.