PDA

View Full Version : LMT questions

R.D.
10-20-06, 15:35
I just purchased a LMT 16"M4 upper from a local vendor. It does not have the gas tube pin in it. The rivet that holds on the front sling swivel is flattened out in the ugliest most uneven way I have ever seen. The reason I purchased a LMT was because I thought that they were second only to colt and possibly BCM in QC. That is why I am disappointed with the pin cosmeticaly. Also I thought that LMT uses f marked front sight bases but this one only has an I or a 1 on it and is the same height as my RRA car front sight base witch is marked 2AI2. Both front sight bases are 3 and 13/16th of an inch from bottom to base of front sight post. Anyone have any thoughts on the matter. I should say that the place I purchased it from has already agreed to install a gas tube pin. One last thing aren’t LMT uppers supposed to be test fited and if so wouldn’t it seem likely that the un pined and loose gas tube would have been discovered?

baffle Stack
10-20-06, 15:44
Now that you mention it, I can't find the F in my FSB either, however the pins are all there and look great. It's an LMT 14.5 M4 upper I purchased about a month ago.

M4arc
10-20-06, 16:42
Hum, sounds to me like someone dicked with that upper. Was the factory tag still on it?

R.D.
10-20-06, 16:50
No there was no tag on the upper.

Thanks for the quick replies.

S-1
10-20-06, 18:07
Hum, sounds to me like someone dicked with that upper.

Yes it does.

M4arc
10-20-06, 18:48
No there was no tag on the upper.

Thanks for the quick replies.

All new LMT uppers and lowers come with a QC tag with the date, inspector and check list.

Does the upper receiver have "LMT" on the left side? What are the markings on the barrel?

R.D.
10-20-06, 20:23
The upper receiver has LMT in the correct place on the left side at the front. The barrel is marked MP 5.56 NATO 1/7 CB.

RyanS
10-20-06, 20:52
However, I got my upper from Wes at MSTN so I'm not concerned about someone jacking with the FSB. Does it have to have the F mark to be the correct FSB? :confused:

M4arc
10-20-06, 21:01
None of my LMT uppers are marked with a "F" either. However I know they are the right height because they're dailed in properly and are right where I expect them to be. Some of my non-standard front sights are cranked all the way up by comparison.

Put the gas tube roll pin in it and shoot it. Make sure it's reliable and dial in the iron sights. Let us know how it goes.

R.D.
10-20-06, 21:02
It just goes to show that I should have bought it from G&R, BCM or MSTN. I was trying to be a good guy and shop localy. I guess no good deed goes unpunshed.FWIW I did order my BCG & charging handle from Grant. I have orderd from him a couple of times before and have had nothing but good experences.

M4arc
10-20-06, 21:07
It just goes to show that I should have bought it from G&R, BCM or MSTN. I was trying to be a good guy and shop localy. I guess no good deed goes unpunshed.FWIW I did order my BCG & charging handle from Grant. I have orderd from him a couple of times before and have had nothing but good experences.

Don't sweat it brother. If it works that's what matters. Get the pin installed (I'll send you one if you want) and hit the range!

R.D.
10-20-06, 22:49
Don't sweat it brother. If it works that's what matters. Get the pin installed (I'll send you one if you want) and hit the range!
Thanks for the offer. The company I bought it from said they will give me one on monday. Then as soon as I get my BCG and charging handle Ill get it sighted in with my BUIS and break it in. Ill post an update at that time.