PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any experience with a Burris Fastfire? Anyone mount one on an ACOG?

trio
09-27-08, 23:23
My search-fu is obviously weak, because I found people talking about mounting these things, but no reviews....

I would like to put one on top of my ACOG, much like the doctor optic combos....the Burris seems to be at least half the price of the doctor optic....

from what I know (just offhand) Burris has a relatively good reputation, so I was wondering if anyone had gone this route before....

Understand if I ever have to breach a tactical entry for the rest of my life, something has gone seriously wrong, so I don't need hardcore operator gear...

but as much as I like the ACOG, when my wife goes to a HD gun, she tends to grab the AR, and I think I would like the reflex sight option on top of the scope...

anyone with experience with this general setup, recommendations, mounts, etc., is obviously appreciated

thanks in advance!

Jeremy
09-28-08, 20:25
I've got a Burris fastfire and it has been on my TP-9, my XD, and is now mounted on my IOR 2-12. It has not lost zero and has always worked. One of the adjustment screws is getting a little chewed up but it appears cosmetic only.

It works fine in bright sunlight and the only weakness I have found is when using it in the dark with only a weaponmounted light. You can see the dot but it is very dim and hard to pick up. If there is any ambient light from another source it works fine.