PDA

View Full Version : Get college credit to resist our President.

daddyusmaximus
05-04-17, 17:52
Dear sweet Jesus, can it get worse? Now you can sign up for a college class and learn how to be a special kind of anti-American, freedom hating, snowflake warrior wanna-be.

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/may/3/butler-university-offers-anti-trump-course-with-st/

At this point I'm about ready for things to just go all to hell. Maybe we can fix it all after the fact... maybe.

Outlander Systems
05-04-17, 17:55

Firefly
05-04-17, 18:04
I'd show up everyday in a MAGA hat, American Flag shades, and a Trump Pence shirt and sit up front not saying a word

Arik
05-04-17, 19:44
I'd show up everyday in a MAGA hat, American Flag shades, and a Trump Pence shirt and sit up front not saying a word
You'll also need something with the NRA or gun pictures. Maybe the AK greatest hits t-shirt or ???

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

SteyrAUG
05-04-17, 21:56
Paging the ACLU, oh wait, they only care about equality when it's their kind of equality.

MegademiC
05-04-17, 22:01
That will really help get students ready for the real world. I'm sure they learn marketable skills in that class.

I see this as a continuation of the play-dough for libs campaign or whatever it was they did. It's an echo chamber for the weak and defeated to get a break from reality and feel good for 45 mins... at the low price of $20k for 5 months.

TAZ
05-04-17, 22:15

Wonder if you can audit the course so you dont get killed on the GPA for failing the class. If so, I would love to see the campus Republicans all attend and wear odd shirst expressing their FA right.

Sensei
05-05-17, 01:03
Paging the ACLU, oh wait, they only care about equality when it's their kind of equality.

Butler is a private institution. If students want to waste $36K per year there learning how to resist Trump that is their business.

SteyrAUG
05-05-17, 01:38
Butler is a private institution. If students want to waste $36K per year there learning how to resist Trump that is their business.

I agree, but if a private institution granted college credits to criticize Obama they'd certainly look into it followed quickly by the SPLC. Lawsuits would be filed, property damaged and the school would be the "institutionally racist entity promoting hate under the guise of education" defacto boogeyman on the evening news for a minimum of 6 months.

They'd call it Klan University. The true reality of the situation would be completely irrelevant.

Moose-Knuckle
05-05-17, 05:14
Dear sweet Jesus, can it get worse? Now you can sign up for a college class and learn how to be a special kind of anti-American, freedom hating, snowflake warrior wanna-be.

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/may/3/butler-university-offers-anti-trump-course-with-st/

At this point I'm about ready for things to just go all to hell. Maybe we can fix it all after the fact... maybe.

Academia as been an indoctrination mill for the left since at least the 50's. Every Democrat candidate will be more radical than the last one from here on out. They had to choose between Bernie and Hillary, let that one sink in to where their ideology is.

Senator McCarthy was right all those years ago.

bighawk
05-05-17, 06:16
When will these people get over it and move on?!

TAZ
05-05-17, 09:18

When the cockroaches rule the planet.

Scrubber3
05-05-17, 09:24
I thought everyone hated xenomorphs. WTH?

Firefly
05-05-17, 13:04
I thought everyone hated xenomorphs. WTH?

Xenomorph Lives Matter

On LV-426, numerous BLACK, unarmed Xenomorphs mindimg their own business were brutally gunned down by Colonial Marines.

Most of whom were getting their lives on track and had come up in the church. Many of whom had children.

#NoJusticeNoPeace
#ThinkOfTheChestbursters
#SarahMclachlan

Kain
05-05-17, 13:09

Naw brother, you did that they'd tell you to leave for disrupting the harmony of the class or some such. I say that from experience having been told to leave when gun control was brought up and I used statistics in a calm voice and pointing out the flaws in the arguments of the libtards who were screaming, pounding their desk, and making death threats.

26 Inf
05-05-17, 13:10
I agree, but if a private institution granted college credits to criticize Obama they'd certainly look into it followed quickly by the SPLC. Lawsuits would be filed, property damaged and the school would be the "institutionally racist entity promoting hate under the guise of education" defacto boogeyman on the evening news for a minimum of 6 months.

They'd call it Klan University. The true reality of the situation would be completely irrelevant.

Who are you talking about, the ACLU or the SPLC?

Because the ACLU has demonstrably been on both sides (right and left) of 1st Amendment issues. Admittedly, they are slanted left, but if you are right leaning and your rights are violated let them know.

Classes like that are for students who haven't figured out that a sociology degree really isn't a winner in the job market.

26 Inf
05-05-17, 13:12
Naw brother, you did that they'd tell you to leave for disrupting the harmony of the class or some such. I say that from experience having been told to leave when gun control was brought up and I used statistics in a calm voice and pointing out the flaws in the arguments of the libtards who were screaming, pounding their desk, and making death threats.

I hope you marched you rear to the Chancellors Office and asked to use their phone to call a lawyer, or the ACLU.

Kain
05-05-17, 13:20
I hope you marched you rear to the Chancellors Office and asked to use their phone to call a lawyer, or the ACLU.

I probably should of, I honestly was having a good time mind ****ing the idiots in that class while they were screaming I shouldn't be allowed to own an AR while making threats and screaming how I needed to die and should be on meds because no one needs an AR. A rather large change from when I bought said AR while in Highschool and had a teacher who found out asking me in class how it shot and what accessories I had mounted on it and when I was going to shoot it again. Anyway, I ended up dropping the class after my transcripts came in from the first college I attended, you have no idea how big of a pain in the ass getting that was, and a class I had already taken counted for that class.

Firefly
05-05-17, 14:54
Thats messed up, Kain.

In University, we actually had an informal shooting club that met at the range. All walks. Male, female, student and prof. Some of whom were Left of center but didnt mind shooting .22s or some 9mm.

We got a van and shot rifles ranging from bolt actions to 20" ARs to FALs at an outdoor range and nobody complained.

Its weird. People have become simultaneously more accepting and yet more indicting of guns over the years.

Used to it was "meh just another thing"

Grand58742
05-05-17, 14:57
I love the provosts' response to the people starting to ask questions:

http://news.butler.edu/blog/2017/05/provost-message/

The former concern—that the course adopts a stance critical of Trump—is one that falls under the auspices of academic freedom. Just as I support this course, I would support a course that is complimentary of the President. Butler offers a variety of courses that tackle controversial topics.

The proverbial lead balloon if someone thought about trying to get a pro-Trump class going.

Kain
05-05-17, 15:23
Thats messed up, Kain.

In University, we actually had an informal shooting club that met at the range. All walks. Male, female, student and prof. Some of whom were Left of center but didnt mind shooting .22s or some 9mm.

We got a van and shot rifles ranging from bolt actions to 20" ARs to FALs at an outdoor range and nobody complained.

Its weird. People have become simultaneously more accepting and yet more indicting of guns over the years.

Used to it was "meh just another thing"

I know. I had a friend who was in college, had an antro class that part of it was going on an archaeological dig out in BFE Alabama. He asked the professor if he could bring his AR to do some informal shooting near the area they were digging once the thing was over. The professor's response. "Hell I'll bring my AK and shotgun." Ended up with a lion share of the class bringing guns or ammo and having a little range day once the dig had concluded. Then another friend in GA runs in a D-ville deputy who was just this side of wanking off at the thought of confiscating firearms from others thinking he'd get to keep them, figure that one out. Then I also knew a short little buxom blonde chick in college who was a shooter, favorite gun? A muther****ing Glock 29 in 10MM! Shit no makey sensey anymore.

SteyrAUG
05-05-17, 15:49
Who are you talking about, the ACLU or the SPLC?

Because the ACLU has demonstrably been on both sides (right and left) of 1st Amendment issues. Admittedly, they are slanted left, but if you are right leaning and your rights are violated let them know.

Classes like that are for students who haven't figured out that a sociology degree really isn't a winner in the job market.

Awesome, so when are they going to take on the "sporter clause" case? Hell they don't even seriously take on the far right when it comes to the first amendment, they may have represented the American Nazi Party in Skokie but ultimately the ANP was bribed to march elsewhere, ironically in the park the originally wanted to march in but were denied a permit, which made them decide to march in Skokie instead.

You never hear of the American Communist Party having that kind of trouble, in fact Jill Stein of the Green Party is basically a communist and she was able to run for President. When was the last time somebody who was the actual equivalent of a nazi ran for any office? David Duke? And there was an actual shit storm about it?

The ACLU very much cherry picks who and what they represent. If the ACLU was actually what they claimed they were, the NRA would only exist to promote gun safety programs and organize regional shooting competitions.

FlyingHunter
05-05-17, 17:48
Or...just be an illegal immigrant and...

A program to be rolled out at Emory University this fall pledges to pay “100% of demonstrated financial need for undergraduate Undocumented Students (with or without DACA) who are admitted as first-year, first-degree-seeking students,” campus officials state online.

The program, called “Need-Based Financial Aid Program for Undocumented Students, including Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival (DACA) Students,” is detailed on the private university’s website.

“All Undocumented Students (with or without DACA) who are admitted as first-year, first-degree-seeking undergraduate students, who have graduated from a U.S. high school, and who are determined by Emory to have financial need, will be awarded Emory financial aid funds to assist them in meeting their demonstrated need,” the website states.

“Emory meets 100% of demonstrated financial need for undergraduate Undocumented Students (with or without DACA) who are admitted as first-year, first-degree-seeking students, and who graduated from a U.S. High school through a combination of grants and scholarships, institutional work study (DACA students only), and institutional loans. Undocumented Students without DACA status may receive an institutional loan in place of the typical work study award,” it adds.

Emory, a highly ranked institution located in Georgia, costs about $50,000 annually in tuition and fees for American students and $70,000 for international students, the latter of whom are not afforded the same generous treatment as students in the country illegally.

jmoney
05-05-17, 18:06
It may be a private institution but I think it's a problem if someone is getting federal funding to pay for that class...

26 Inf
05-05-17, 18:14
Awesome, so when are they going to take on the "sporter clause" case? Hell they don't even seriously take on the far right when it comes to the first amendment, they may have represented the American Nazi Party in Skokie but ultimately the ANP was bribed to march elsewhere, ironically in the park the originally wanted to march in but were denied a permit, which made them decide to march in Skokie instead.

You never hear of the American Communist Party having that kind of trouble, in fact Jill Stein of the Green Party is basically a communist and she was able to run for President. When was the last time somebody who was the actual equivalent of a nazi ran for any office? David Duke? And there was an actual shit storm about it?

The ACLU very much cherry picks who and what they represent. If the ACLU was actually what they claimed they were, the NRA would only exist to promote gun safety programs and organize regional shooting competitions.

Don't forget that I said they were left leaning. I'm not a member. Just out of curiosity, because I'm sure you know, and I'm not vested enough to look, has anyone asked the ACLU to weigh in on it?

Whats new, about cherry picking cases? I cherry pick, also. I don't know if I'd be rich from it, but I've turned down several opportunities to testify as an expert witness for shooting cases in which I thought the police tactics used were egregious, leading to unjustified uses of force.

Why? Because unlike, some folks I could name, I'm loyal to the group that brought me to the dance and I won't willingly testify against police officers.

Firefly
05-05-17, 19:04
I sometimes wish I could pull a Cheech from Born in East LA just to troll.people

Sensei
05-05-17, 19:26
It may be a private institution but I think it's a problem if someone is getting federal funding to pay for that class...

Federal funding? Hell, you could be on an ROTC scholarship and take that class...

https://www.butler.edu/rotc

SteyrAUG
05-05-17, 20:52
Don't forget that I said they were left leaning. I'm not a member. Just out of curiosity, because I'm sure you know, and I'm not vested enough to look, has anyone asked the ACLU to weigh in on it?

Whats new, about cherry picking cases? I cherry pick, also. I don't know if I'd be rich from it, but I've turned down several opportunities to testify as an expert witness for shooting cases in which I thought the police tactics used were egregious, leading to unjustified uses of force.

Why? Because unlike, some folks I could name, I'm loyal to the group that brought me to the dance and I won't willingly testify against police officers.

Yep, here is their position.

https://www.aclu.org/other/second-amendment

Given the reference to "a well regulated Militia" and "the security of a free State," the ACLU has long taken the position that the Second Amendment protects a collective right rather than an individual right.

So if you want your rights, join the National Guard according to the ACLU because you have no individual right when it comes to firearms. They seem blissfully ignorant of the fact that it's location within the first ten amendments, the bill of rights, by default renders it a civil right.

It's a lot like suggesting if you don't actually own a newspaper you don't have freedom of the press or free speech rights.

And my objection is they present themselves as defenders of all freedoms for all Americans and they raise revenue and obtain donations based upon that presentation. If they called themselves the American some of your Liberties Union I'd have fewer objections.

It would be like me creating a Racism Protection Group and raising funds, getting donations, etc. but then stating there are some races we don't recognize as races so we aren't willing to protect the interests of Asians who encounter racism.

26 Inf
05-05-17, 21:02
Steyr -

I recall reading that when some of the state organization broke with that stance.

Those are pretty good analogies.

SteyrAUG
05-05-17, 21:31
Steyr -

I recall reading that when some of the state organization broke with that stance.

Those are pretty good analogies.

The problem is essentially with the Dick Act of 1903 (not making that up btw.) The National Guard existed long before 1903 and actually goes back to the founding of our country. As a result there is no question it was wholly independent of the "militia" mentioned in the Constitution.

Unfortunately, in contradiction to the specific meaning of "militia" at the time of the creation of the Constitution, the Dick Act redefined the word "militia" and created two categories, the National Guard became the "organized militia" and everything else became the "unorganized militia" whatever the hell that is supposed to be, to the best of my knowledge no "unorganized militia" has ever been activated but at the same time that "unorganized militia" is now viewed as something other than the militia mentioned in the second amendment.

They basically played a shell game with the words "militia" and "organized" and have been "dicking" people with those definitions since 1903.

Firefly
05-05-17, 21:36
FWIW The Framers could have worded the 2nd Amendment to say "Everybody gets all the guns they want from BBs to Death Rays"

and folks would want "Everybody" and "guns" and "want" turned into highly scrutinized terms needing further clarification

Dienekes
05-06-17, 01:00
Saw a comment the other day to the effect that "College does more damage than good". Now a good sharp, highly motivated young person in an excellent (read unaffordable for almost everybody) college may be an exception. What actual education I have came mostly from Depression survivor parents and dogeared used paperbacks in the hip pocket of my fatigues. (My draft board learned about my graduating from college--big deal--about 60 seconds after the event.) Today, between Amazon and the I-Pad, I have the world at my finger tips. No more walking to the campus library through the snow.

All my high school drop-out Dad had was a set of Encyclopedia Brittanica in the living room. I think he memorized the damn thing.

Methinks that college, with the exception of STEM courses, is for pussies nowadays.

SteyrAUG
05-06-17, 02:03
Saw a comment the other day to the effect that "College does more damage than good". Now a good sharp, highly motivated young person in an excellent (read unaffordable for almost everybody) college may be an exception. What actual education I have came mostly from Depression survivor parents and dogeared used paperbacks in the hip pocket of my fatigues. (My draft board learned about my graduating from college--big deal--about 60 seconds after the event.) Today, between Amazon and the I-Pad, I have the world at my finger tips. No more walking to the campus library through the snow.

All my high school drop-out Dad had was a set of Encyclopedia Brittanica in the living room. I think he memorized the damn thing.

Methinks that college, with the exception of STEM courses, is for pussies nowadays.

I think it's more what you go for and where?

Brain surgeon? Yes, please go to the best college in the land and learn as much as possible.

Military? Annapolis, West Point, etc. IF you can get in the absolutely do it.

Frats and Sports? Can we just fast track you to your chosen profession without going through the charade of educating you? I know there are exceptions of course but if you are majoring in alcoholic consumption or three pointers there really is no need for you to sit in a lot of classes.

Political science? If you apply you should automatically be barred from public office for 10 years.

And by all means, feel free to major in Feudal Japanese literature. Just don't bitch when you can't pay your student loans and you are working at Subway. If I could, I'd have taken four years of Asian studies but I knew my chances of paying for it and then trying to earn a living with that degree would be difficult.

MegademiC
05-06-17, 09:49
College is like anything else, it's a tool. If your stupid, it won't help you, if you get the wrong tool (degree) it won't help you. If your smart, you'll be fine. A cnc machine won't make you money sitting in the garage, and when your surrounded by cnc experts, probably not a good investment.

BoringGuy45
05-06-17, 10:11
Yep, here is their position.

https://www.aclu.org/other/second-amendment

Given the reference to "a well regulated Militia" and "the security of a free State," the ACLU has long taken the position that the Second Amendment protects a collective right rather than an individual right.

So if you want your rights, join the National Guard according to the ACLU because you have no individual right when it comes to firearms. They seem blissfully ignorant of the fact that it's location within the first ten amendments, the bill of rights, by default renders it a civil right.

It's a lot like suggesting if you don't actually own a newspaper you don't have freedom of the press or free speech rights.

And my objection is they present themselves as defenders of all freedoms for all Americans and they raise revenue and obtain donations based upon that presentation. If they called themselves the American some of your Liberties Union I'd have fewer objections.

It would be like me creating a Racism Protection Group and raising funds, getting donations, etc. but then stating there are some races we don't recognize as races so we aren't willing to protect the interests of Asians who encounter racism.

I had a professor who insisted that NONE of the Bill of Rights were individual. Rather, all were collective. Freedom of speech, assembly, and the press only applied if it was determined that you were speaking on behalf of, and in the best interests of, the community. Basically, in the same way that the 2nd only protects the right of states to have militias, the 1st only protects the right of states to have legislative bodies. How he reconciled the rest of the Bill of Rights as being only collective, I forget. But still, that's the mindset of the left: The sum is greater than its parts, and to keep us is no gain, and to kill us is no loss.

Frailer
05-06-17, 11:48

The far left will get over the current president about as quickly as the far right got over the last one.

Universities back the Left; corporations back the Right. Politics has become a spectator support. The only difference between the two sides is which of my rights they want to infringe upon.

MegademiC
05-06-17, 21:35
The far left will get over the current president about as quickly as the far right got over the last one.

Universities back the Left; corporations back whoever is in charge. Politics has become a spectator support. The only difference between the two sides is which of my rights they want to infringe upon.

Fify, corporations do not back the right, I'd argue they are more liberal now, as democrats are authoritarian and could be influenced. The libertarian movement is big corps enemy as they would lose political influence.

Moose-Knuckle
05-07-17, 02:24

When did Obama voters get attacked on the way to and from his campaign rallies? Obama's radicalism is what fueled the grass roots Tea Party movement, but to date they have not attacked anyone, assaulted political rivals, et al. Huge difference.

Universities back the Left; corporations back the Right. Politics has become a spectator support. The only difference between the two sides is which of my rights they want to infringe upon.

Smart business play both sides for their benefit. This is why Trump use to donate to both parties. The vast amount of billion dollar tech firms back the left in this country; Amazon, Google, Facebook, et al. and all of Sillicon Valley. Citigroup pretty much hand selected Obama's cabinet, much like Golden Sachs selected Bush Jr.'s.

Frailer
05-07-17, 06:42
When did Obama voters get attacked on the way to and from his campaign rallies? Obama's radicalism is what fueled the grass roots Tea Party movement, but to date they have not attacked anyone, assaulted political rivals, et al. Huge difference.

It appears I was mistaken. The right still hasn't "gotten over" the previous president.

Benito
05-07-17, 12:04
That will really help get students ready for the real world. I'm sure they learn marketable skills in that class.

I see this as a continuation of the play-dough for libs campaign or whatever it was they did. It's an echo chamber for the weak and defeated to get a break from reality and feel good for 45 mins... at the low price of $20k for 5 months.

I'm not so sure. I suppose tat if it was a free market with sensible people, you would be right.
However, given the severely distorted political/social/economic landscape, with its perverse incentives, being anti-Trump, anti-White, pro-3rd Worldist, actualy is a marketable skill.
There are tons of corporations and government bodies that recruit for positions like Diversity Officers, Human Resources, etc. where the main thrust is being a Leftist anti-White turd.
The Left has completed its long march through the institutions, and they hire one another, sometimes without even thinking about it consciously.

Academia as been an indoctrination mill for the left since at least the 50's. Every Democrat candidate will be more radical than the last one from here on out. They had to choose between Bernie and Hillary, let that one sink in to where their ideology is.

Senator McCarthy was right all those years ago.

Yes. The Project Venona files bear this out.
It began even before the 50's. The Yalta Conference went the way it did in large part due to Communist infiltrators in the USA.

College is like anything else, it's a tool. If your stupid, it won't help you, if you get the wrong tool (degree) it won't help you. If your smart, you'll be fine. A cnc machine won't make you money sitting in the garage, and when your surrounded by cnc experts, probably not a good investment.

I'd say it's even worse. A tool rarely makes a person actually believe they are skilled in its use.
College does make its graduates believe they know things that they actually know nothing about.

Fify, corporations do not back the right, I'd argue they are more liberal now, as democrats are authoritarian and could be influenced. The libertarian movement is big corps enemy as they would lose political influence.

Corporations are looking to maximize their profits. They have seen that importing lots of invaders reduces wages, fractures social bonds (and thus makes people into atomized individual consumers who buy things to fill the void left by this alienation) is good for their bottom line.

Libertarianism is not a threat to the corporation though. Libertarianism is a neutral participant at best. It sees individualism as the ideal, and this does not hurt corporations at all. The more atomized each person is, the better for them.

In the battle and war between the Indivudual vs the Collective, the Collective ALWAYS wins.

daddyusmaximus
05-08-17, 00:14
It appears I was mistaken. The right still hasn't "gotten over" the previous president.

Indeed you are sadly mistaken if you think the right caused half as much upheaval then, as the left is now...

As a matter of fact, practically all of the violence of the last guy's two terms were committed by the left, against targets like cops, our military, businesses, anyone brave enough to say a less than worship-like remark against their guy, or pretty much any of their preferred target... the straight white Christian American male.

The right, in 8 years, never did resort to 10% of the large scale violence we are seeing now.

If they did, there wouldn't be much left of the left.

Moose-Knuckle
05-08-17, 04:49

Yeah you see that didn't answer my question.

Typical.