PDA

View Full Version : The Next Big Thing In AR-15s Just Happened At The NRA Annual Meeting

titsonritz
05-05-17, 19:45
Here is new twist on folding the AR, rather than the stock this one folds the barrel. What will they think of next? Add a Law Tactical to it and get it to fit in a large cargo pocket. :sarcastic:

http://taskandpurpose.com/next-big-thing-ar-15s-just-happened-nra-annual-meeting/

An interesting new entry into the AR-15 market was unveiled at the National Rifle Association’s annual meeting last weekend in Atlanta last week. Oklahoma-based F&D Defense rolled out an innovative folding rifle that appears to remedy one of the AR’s main shortcomings.

The AR-15 has a buffer tube that extends back into its stock, which prevents the use of conventional folding-stock designs, like those seen on some AK-pattern rifles. In the past, manufacturers have addressed this by using a gas piston system, rather than the AR-15’s classic direct impingement operating system; the most famous of these variants is perhaps Sig’s MCX series of rifles. This removes the need for a buffer tube and allows a traditional folding stock to be fitted. Other producers, such as Law Tactical, have developed adapters that essentially separate the buffer tube and receiver, allowing a stock to fold.

MegademiC
05-05-17, 20:15
Here is new twist on folding the AR, rather than the stock this one folds the barrel. What will they think of next? Add a Law Tactical to it and get it to fit in a large cargo pocket. :sarcastic:

http://taskandpurpose.com/next-big-thing-ar-15s-just-happened-nra-annual-meeting/

But you still can't fire it folded. Cool idea, may have merit in combo with law folder. I'd rather have the law if between the two.

Rico 05R
05-05-17, 20:20
Interesting concept. I'll be interested to learn more as they roll these out. F&D puts out some excellent stuff. Their .338 Lapua Magnum AR is a real nice piece of hardware.

Duffy
05-05-17, 20:21
Hollywood will love it. I don't think the Law folder and this folding upper can work together, they can't fold onto one another.

fledge
05-05-17, 20:28
If you have a non-NFA barrel, the law folder will be irrelevant since this will extend out the back the length of a buffer tube. I think that's where the market is for this. Making the 16" gun packable. As it is, the law folder isn't all that important for a long gun, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kdubya
05-05-17, 21:24
There was another I saw the other day. Similar to the Dolos, but almost twice as much.

http://leotakedown.com

For the Task and Purpose model up for discussion in this thread, only offering the system in a complete rifle might be a barrier for buyers in the takedown/folder market. I'd imagine they'll try to offer it as a kit. But, as it stands, I'd be looking at other options first.

I'm glad to see more and more of these types of systems. Hopefully it'll drive competition in terms of quality and price. While it's not a top priority, I definitely see myself adding a takedown and/or folder to the safe at some point.

Benito
05-05-17, 21:49
I saw a few vids on this thing last week.
Seems neat.
Better have a spotless bag to carry it in though. Don't want grime entering the chamber/barrel/upper when it's open like that.