PDA

View Full Version : Colt LE6920

F105G
09-28-08, 11:38
Looking to purchase a new LE6920.

Am I looking at a very long wait due to backorder? I'm in no hurry.

Should I just order the Stag 2T?

Buck
09-28-08, 12:02
Looking to purchase a new LE6920.

Good Choice

Am I looking at a very long wait due to backorder? I'm in no hurry.

I would calll Grant @ G&R (Link) (http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?display=home) and see if he has one in stock, If not, next I would look on gunbroker...

Should I just order the Stag 2T?

Nope, go for the Colt, you will never be sorry...

Just my .02

B

Army Chief
09-28-08, 12:53
The only reason I can really think of NOT to order a Colt is if money is tight. If you can afford it, there will never be any regret associated with investing in the genuine article right from the start.

Chief

JBnTX
09-28-08, 12:56
Go for the Colt 6920.

I recently bought one and it is PERFECT!!!

Tell us where you're located and someone
may know where you can find one.

Plenty of them in Texas.

F105G
09-28-08, 13:03
Hello There

I'm located in New Hyde Park NY in Nassau County.

Planning to eventually get the hell out of Dodge ASAP and head out to Sierra Vista or Hereford, Arizona near Fort Huachuca when I retire.

Thanks for the help

Gingerkid
09-28-08, 13:53
When I was looking to build, the best price I could find on the 6920 was at Bachman's gun and Pawn in Texas. You'll have to call them and ask, but I believe they were at about $1,209. I've ordered a pistol from them before and they shipped quickly.

SeriousStudent
09-28-08, 15:00
I will echo the other posters' comments. I own a 6920, and could not be more pleased. Buy once, cry once.

If you ever decide to sell it, or replace parts on it, I believe you will quickly recoup your money.

I'll gladly endorse Grant's customer service at G&RTactical. I have always been very happy with their work. And why not support a family business whenever you can?

F105G
09-28-08, 15:41
Ok after reading bits of the NYS AWB law I'm totally confused.

Lot's of AR's here on Long Island and lot's with what seem to be adjustable stocks and pistol grips. So if I'm correct here you can't have both on the same firearm.

Ok I'm stupid, what am I missing here.

What manufacturer/model is legal in NYS?

Thanks and excuse my ignorance.

F105G
09-28-08, 15:42

Lot's of AR's here on Long Island and what seem to be adjustable stocks and pistol grips. So if I'm correct here you can't have both on the same firearm.

JBnTX
09-28-08, 15:46
I'm confused too,

I saw your same post over at AR15.com and one of the responses
was that the 6920 is illegal for civilians in New York State.

Maybe someone can confirm or deny that?

A lot of places in NY sell AR-15's and I can't believe they are
only selling them to Cops.

Master_of_Sparks
09-28-08, 15:58
As I understand it, you can't have one in factory configuration in NY.

Here is a place you might start;
http://www.ocshooters.com/Reports/awb/NY-AWB-S8234.html

Your best bet is talk to a FFL in NY. They can tell you what the law is behind New York's iron curtain.

F105G
09-28-08, 16:00
Arizona is looking better every day

kingc
09-28-08, 16:43
It's actually quite simple. It mirrors the Klintonista ban. If you possess anything with the evil features made as a complete weapon before Sept. 14, 1994, you are good to go. Anything made after that date with the evil features, fugget it in a New York minute!

Cold Zero
09-28-08, 16:55
[QUOTE=F105G;224813

I'm located in New Hyde Park NY in Nassau County.

Planning to eventually get the hell out of Dodge ASAP and head out to Sierra Vista or Hereford, Arizona near Fort Huachuca when I retire.

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps when your retirement plans are realized you may legally purchase your 6920. Unless you purchase a pre ban 6920, (if there is such a thing?) your plan does not conform with your states laws / 1994 N.Y.S. A.W.B.

You may want to first purchase a pre ban Colt lower receiver, as that will broaden your options. Do proceed with caution.

I would also not recomend buying any handguns that are not Blue steel, Nickel, Stainless steel, or O.D. green in color, as your county of residence now has restrictions on handgun colors at the county level.:eek:

WOW, never thought I would recomend to someone not buying a Colt 6920:rolleyes:.

MarshallDodge
09-28-08, 16:59
PM sent.

Cold Zero
09-28-08, 16:59
I'm confused too,

A lot of places in NY sell AR-15's and I can't believe they are
only selling them to Cops.

Uh, I don't even think that Police are buying them. I know of one large incorporated city that has Patrol Rifles in that area and they have B.M. and are damn lucky to have them. Since no other agency below the Federal level does, that I know of. Individual officer purchase is not an option either.

Cold Zero
09-28-08, 17:02
Arizona is looking better every day

I would say that in no parrticular order that Alaska, Arizona and Florida are about the three most gun friendly places you can enjoy your retirement and your hobby and your second amendment rights at the same time.

austinN4
09-28-08, 17:50
I would say that in no parrticular order that Alaska, Arizona and Florida are about the three most gun friendly places you can enjoy your retirement and your hobby and your second amendment rights at the same time.
You forgot Texas!

Veracity
09-28-08, 19:50

Lot's of AR's here on Long Island and lot's with what seem to be adjustable stocks and pistol grips. So if I'm correct here you can't have both on the same firearm.

Hey,

I'm a Long Islander too.

Too much to type here....email me and I'll tell you about how I got my hands on two 6920's....NY legal too.

F105G
09-28-08, 19:55
I'll probably go for the Colt MT6400C, but curious as to the 6920.

Veracity
09-28-08, 19:58

Yeah, you can do that....and you can buy a 6920 barrel and swap it out. That way, after you grind the bayo lug off, you can put whatever comp on it you'd like. There are guys out there who change the comp on the 6400, but a swap might be better/easier. YMMV.

You can box up the 6400 barrel and save it for resale.

Me did that too.

Veracity
09-28-08, 20:01

There are a few available now. Buy one ASAP.

Till a month or so ago, there were none around. And I looked everywhere...every day...for months before then.
I bought mine during this recent window of availability.

Buy it now. Seriously.

jaydoc1
09-28-08, 20:43
This is preaching to the choir here, but this video shows just how absolutely ridiculous the former federal AWB was and it applies to the 5 or 7 states which still maintain this ban in some form.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfKADcfE90U

Just absolutely ridiculous.

F105G
09-28-08, 22:09
Ok, so being in NY state, I can only purchase a Post - Ban firearm.

Basically I'm allowed one "Evil Feature" a pistol grip.
And limited to a 10 round magazine.

No adjustable stock
No Flash Suppressor, although isn't a muzzle brake similar?
No bayonet lug, hell I don't even own a pocket knife.
No Grenade Launcher option. Ok what a minute "is that a grenade in your pocket or ya just excited to see me"!

So now the big question, do I call Stag, Rock River etc.... and tell them I'd like to purchase a NY compliant AR-15 or M4 and they insure that it meets Post-Ban requirements?

jaydoc1
09-28-08, 22:49
So now the big question, do I call Stag, Rock River etc.... and tell them I'd like to purchase a NY compliant AR-15 or M4 and they insure that it meets Post-Ban requirements?

Yes. For instance, you can get the S&W M&P 15T in a 15FT version which is a fixed stock, 10 round magazine, different barrel profile, etc... which will make it compliant for states which still have an AWB.

Cold Zero
09-29-08, 09:12
Ok, so being in NY state, I can only purchase a Post - Ban firearm.

Basically I'm allowed one "Evil Feature" a pistol grip.
And limited to a 10 round magazine.

No adjustable stock
No Flash Suppressor, although isn't a muzzle brake similar?
No bayonet lug, hell I don't even own a pocket knife.
No Grenade Launcher option. Ok what a minute "is that a grenade in your pocket or ya just excited to see me"!

If you do not want to buy a pre ban lower to broaden your options then check into Charles Daly or A.D.S. to see if they offer a Ban compliant version. I would prefer either of those over a Rock River, Stag or Bushmaster.

I have recently seen on this web site in the for sale section lightly used pre ban Colt 6520 that were sold for $925 - $1,100. I bought one of them. This is about the same or less that you will pay for the above post ban options. It is worth looking into.