PDA

View Full Version : AR-15 Components; Industry secrets exposed!

Kdubya
05-06-17, 21:08
I got caught in a YouTube spiral this afternoon. A number of videos deep down the rabbit hole, I came across this treasure trove of knowledge. While the video does focus solely on the AR platform, posting this thread anywhere but the GD would be too controversial.

Forget everything you thought you once knew about the AR-15 industry. Sit back and try to relax, as this guy drops some bombs that may shake you to your core :confused:

http:youtube.com/watch?v=vPDtI_UZ0Do

MegademiC
05-06-17, 21:21
I made it to 2:20. It's just a real life version of the 'just as good as' threads without the real fact interjection between the bs. It didn't help the guy couldn't speak very well.

He doesn't know what he doesn't know.

Kdubya
05-06-17, 21:51
I made it to 2:20. It's just a real life version of the 'just as good as' threads without the real fact interjection between the bs. It didn't help the guy couldn't speak very well.

He doesn't know what he doesn't know.

Should have stuck with it a little longer. At one point he talks about confirming the claims with VPs and other representatives from a few of the companies :secret:

hotrodder636
05-06-17, 21:53
In the day and age we live in, why would someone actually make something like this video? SMDH...

Kain
05-06-17, 22:42
Name of the channel, Guns, gear and grub. The guy is light on the first two and went heavy on the last.

Anyway, I believe this video got posted a few years ago, the two end plates being something I remember being brought up. Again, some people don't know what they don't know.

26 Inf
05-06-17, 22:49
Forget everything you thought you once knew about the AR-15 industry. Sit back and try to relax, as this guy drops some bombs that may shake you to your core :confused:

Holy Moly! I'm afraid I'm posting this to corpses. The manufacturers/forum owners can not let either of you spread this information further. If they haven't got you yet, it's only a matter of time. Run Kdub, run! Run hat backward guy, run!

Seriously, I think he is enlarging/embellishing a little on things most of us were already aware of.

But, cover your six!

soulezoo
05-06-17, 22:54
Shhh.... nobody tell Fly, but Anderson is one of those companies that make lowers for a number of companies. They used to make Noveske lowers at one time.

TacticalMark
05-06-17, 23:04
This guy ain't got nuthin on me. Everyone knows that 3 end plates offer the most strength on the lower receiver extension followed by 2 castle nuts with red loctite.

Kain
05-06-17, 23:06
This guy ain't got nuthin on me. Everyone knows that 3 end plates offer the most strength on the lower receiver extension followed by 2 castle nuts with red loctite.

You forget to spot weld it all together and then cover it with JB weld.

Kdubya
05-07-17, 01:24
Holy Moly! I'm afraid I'm posting this to corpses. The manufacturers/forum owners can not let either of you spread this information further. If they haven't got you yet, it's only a matter of time. Run Kdub, run! Run hat backward guy, run!

Seriously, I think he is enlarging/embellishing a little on things most of us were already aware of.

But, cover your six!

Lol. I'm afraid I may have gotten in over my head! I watched one of his more recent videos, and he said he was sorry for not posting in a while; that he moved to Israel for a "job opportunity". Now I'm starting to think he moved because he knew too much. I don't have the means to do the same. What have I done?!?!?

Okay, back to reality. I think you're right that his "knowledge" was a combination of half-truths and misinformation.

Koshinn
05-07-17, 01:36
In the day and age we live in, why would someone actually make something like this video? SMDH...

It was made almost 5 years ago...

Kdubya
05-07-17, 01:38

Wow. I was so caught up in some of the other claims that I missed the 2 reciever end plates portion. So, if 3 is even better, could I use like 6 or 7 of them for truly superior strength? I figure that I'll cover the threads entirely and then add the red loctited castle nuts.

Moose-Knuckle
05-07-17, 03:31
Lies!

Damn lies!

You know-it-all's really should listen to this industry insider, he is blowing the TDP / chart conspiracy wide open!!!!

His offical zombie response team hoodie should be proof enough for you all that he is legit.

:jester:

JC5188
05-07-17, 05:45
Wow. I was so caught up in some of the other claims that I missed the 2 reciever end plates portion. So, if 3 is even better, could I use like 6 or 7 of them for truly superior strength? I figure that I'll cover the threads entirely and then add the red loctited castle nuts.

I only use barrels made entirely from end plates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmd08
05-07-17, 08:47
I only use barrels made entirely from end plates

Howdy,

Link please?

Thanks.

Outlander Systems
05-07-17, 09:11
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0852/4722/products/image_eb5e5422-f458-4f70-9c75-a3fe514ae141_1024x1024.jpg?v=1480455777

JC5188
05-07-17, 10:59
Howdy,

Link please?

Thanks.

Lol...if I only knew how to photoshop

SteyrAUG
05-07-17, 14:17
I stopped when he got to some mumbo jumbo about using two buffer tube plates rather than just staking the buffer tube ring.

SteyrAUG
05-07-17, 14:19
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0852/4722/products/image_eb5e5422-f458-4f70-9c75-a3fe514ae141_1024x1024.jpg?v=1480455777

I need that patch.

titsonritz
05-07-17, 18:57
Hurtin' 4 certin'. Just couldn't make it through

elephant
05-08-17, 00:49
YouTube is starting to become the platform for people that love to talk and love to hear themselves talk. I watch videos that are 8 minutes and the first 6 minutes is the YouTuber introducing himself and saying "um" every other word.

"Um, welcome everybody to my um, YouTube page,......um, today were going to like um, talk about how to um put your rear stock in either the um collapsed position or like um the fully extended position. Please take a second and um click like and um..hit the subscribe button to get updates on my channel and um.....um, I upload new content every week to check back and don't forget to follow me on Facebook and um add me on Instagram @deltasocomnavysealdevgrufanboy_2000, and don't forget to follow me on Pinterest, or you can um follow me on google+ and please subscribe to my um RSS feed to my blog, if you um don't have um a RSS reader, you can um check out feedlead, newsblur or um RSSbot. Make sure to check out my um other channel where I discuss um different shooting techniques and if you like um heavy breathing and video games, you can um listen to my pulmonary system exhale a metric ton of air while I play 3 consecutive hours of minecraft. And don't forget to check out um my fidget spinner unboxing video."

FromMyColdDeadHand
05-08-17, 01:14
Who does he have locked up behind the door with the parts bins on it?