PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Border Recon Needs Your Help!

Nightvisionary
05-06-17, 23:57
For 7 years the citizen volunteers of the Arizona Border Recon have performed observation and interdiction activities on our southern border against Mexican drug cartels. AZBR has become such a disruptive thorn in the side of cartel smuggling operations that it has become a victim of its own success.

Two months ago pressure was applied to the land owner that held the lease where AZBR had been headquartered since 2011, in Sasabe Arizona, 300 yards from the border. Because of this pressure when the lease expired a renewal was not offered. AZBR was given 30 days to move its operation and all of its equipment.

Field operations are now at a standstill and all AZBR border activities have ceased as the equipment is in temporary storage. To prevent this from reoccurring Arizona Border Recon just used all of its financial resources to close on a 10 acre parcel of land near the border. To get up and running again AZBR needs help acquiring a 40 foot conex for secure equipment storage and a small trailer or modular building.

If you aren’t familiar with what AZBR does here is a recent ABC News Nightline story filmed in November.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/patrol-heavily-armed-civilian-vigilantes-arizonas-border-mexico/story?id=45201990

https://www.gofundme.com/arizonaborderreconfacilityfund

https://www.arizonaborderrecon.org/

Nightvisionary
05-11-17, 21:32
Thanks to all who have helped so far. Here is what is coming across our border 24/7/365.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULyYcrBtqXI

Nightvisionary
05-11-17, 21:33
This is a GO PRO video showing some of what AZBR does to try and stop it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpF8tl1r7OM

SteyrAUG
05-11-17, 21:39
Trump needs to 180 this shit. I still remember ranch rescue and how land was taken from US citizens and awarded to illegals who were trespassing.

https://www.splcenter.org/seeking-justice/case-docket/leiva-v-ranch-rescue

duece71
05-11-17, 21:43
Is AZBR allowed to "snipe" from afar with suppressed weapons systems? Just curious. No, I am not joking.

Nightvisionary
05-11-17, 23:16
Is AZBR allowed to "snipe" from afar with suppressed weapons systems? Just curious. No, I am not joking.

Of course not. That area is a dangerous place. Aside from a few Border Patrol agents there is absolutely no law enforcement presence and no 911 . A person would be unwise to travel in that area without an effective means of self defense. The Sinaloa Cartel doesn't play games. They are highly organized, mean business, and effectively control about the first 5 miles of the U.S. beyond the border in that area.

223to45
05-13-17, 00:34
Of course not. That area is a dangerous place. Aside from a few Border Patrol agents there is absolutely no law enforcement presence and no 911 . A person would be unwise to travel in that area without an effective means of self defense. The Sinaloa Cartel doesn't play games. They are highly organized, mean business, and effectively control about the first 5 miles of the U.S. beyond the border in that area.
And we allow this to continue??

Should be allowed to shoot on site.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

223to45
05-13-17, 00:38
You know how many people would be standing in line to sign up. I think it would be Yuuge!!!

Nightvisionary
05-13-17, 06:07
And we allow this to continue??

Should be allowed to shoot on site.

You know how many people would be standing in line to sign up. I think it would be Yuuge!!!

I don't represent the organization so what follows is solely my personal opinion on a soapbox. If by "We" you mean 99.9% of the population including most here then yes you allow it to continue. When talking to people on social media or in person I can't count the number of times people have told me "We need to" fill in the blank with any social or political issue of your choice. What they actually mean is that they expect someone else, whether that is the government or another group or organization to solve whatever they perceive as a problem. That is why nothing ever changes for the better. Almost no one is actually willing to invest their time, money, and effort in order to enact change. Sadly conservatives and constitutionalists are some of the most apathetic. The left doesn't suffer from that problem nearly to the same degree. I know, we all have full time jobs, families, bills, etc. but duty, sacrifice, and doing whatever we can to save our nation are not supposed to be easy ideals to uphold. Aside from paid government employees, right now there are less that 300 people actively working on this issue within a handful of organizations, out of over 300 million Americans. How is that for apathy?

Shoot on sight? Absolutely not. I could not disagree more. I have read comments like that before. I understand a lot of it probably stems from frustration. I get the frustration, I'm frustrated with the problem, but that mindset has no place in what we do. Individuals that think that way don't make it through the vetting process. If I heard someone say something like that I wouldn't work with them and they would likely be dismissed immediately.

That is a terrible thing to want to stand in line for but I realize it's an internet forum and people will say surprising things. There would never be anyone standing in line because there is almost no one standing in line now to help with their time or money. Most people aren't willing to spend their own time and money to carry 40-50 lbs. of gear and water on their back, climb up and down 500 foot hills, and sleep on the ground for a week at a time in the Sonoran Desert when it's 110 degrees out.

If you really want to help solve the problem get involved. Call your congress people regularly, support the President's immigration plans, help the organizations that are already actively working on the problem. If you don't do anything then you own the problem.

Straight Shooter
05-13-17, 07:15
deleted.

Digital_Damage
05-13-17, 07:27
going to bite my tongue on this one.

223to45
05-13-17, 09:28
I don't represent the organization so what follows is solely my personal opinion on a soapbox. If by "We" you mean 99.9% of the population including most here then yes you allow it to continue. When talking to people on social media or in person I can't count the number of times people have told me "We need to" fill in the blank with any social or political issue of your choice. What they actually mean is that they expect someone else, whether that is the government or another group or organization to solve whatever they perceive as a problem. That is why nothing ever changes for the better. Almost no one is actually willing to invest their time, money, and effort in order to enact change. Sadly conservatives and constitutionalists are some of the most apathetic. The left doesn't suffer from that problem nearly to the same degree. I know, we all have full time jobs, families, bills, etc. but duty, sacrifice, and doing whatever we can to save our nation are not supposed to be easy ideals to uphold. Aside from paid government employees, right now there are less that 300 people actively working on this issue within a handful of organizations, out of over 300 million Americans. How is that for apathy?

Shoot on sight? Absolutely not. I could not disagree more. I have read comments like that before. I understand a lot of it probably stems from frustration. I get the frustration, I'm frustrated with the problem, but that mindset has no place in what we do. Individuals that think that way don't make it through the vetting process. If I heard someone say something like that I wouldn't work with them and they would likely be dismissed immediately.

That is a terrible thing to want to stand in line for but I realize it's an internet forum and people will say surprising things. There would never be anyone standing in line because there is almost no one standing in line now to help with their time or money. Most people aren't willing to spend their own time and money to carry 40-50 lbs. of gear and water on their back, climb up and down 500 foot hills, and sleep on the ground for a week at a time in the Sonoran Desert when it's 110 degrees out.

If you really want to help solve the problem get involved. Call your congress people regularly, support the President's immigration plans, help the organizations that are already actively working on the problem. If you don't do anything then you own the problem.
By WE I meant the government. We have plenty of federal agencies, national guard, hell even bring in the Marines they will get the job done.

Unless we get very aggressive, even violent. I did see how we are going to fix it.

Slapping then on hand and telling them bad Mexican, isn't going to cut it.

Averageman
05-13-17, 09:36
Capturing these guys should be a part of a military training.
No hands on, find, fix and report, let the BP and the DEA take over once they have been located.
It would seem potentially a good thing all around.

Honu
05-13-17, 14:43
the bad guys don't care about violence or death
if someone does not care about dying slapping their hands and saying you cant come back does nothing

Nightvisionary
05-13-17, 15:51
By WE I meant the government. We have plenty of federal agencies, national guard, hell even bring in the Marines they will get the job done.

Unless we get very aggressive, even violent. I did see how we are going to fix it.

Slapping then on hand and telling them bad Mexican, isn't going to cut it.

None of those things are going to happen. Again you are using the term "We" when you mean "They", the government. The government doesn't want the problem solved. When was the last time the government solved any problem? The military is not going to be used on the border in the foreseeable future. As far as I know no government official has proposed any serious plan to do so. It certainly isn't in the President's immigration plan which seems to change with the wind.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2016/nov/09/politifact-sheet-donald-trumps-immigration-plan/

sevenhelmet
05-13-17, 18:55
Capturing these guys should be a part of a military training.
No hands on, find, fix and report, let the BP and the DEA take over once they have been located.
It would seem potentially a good thing all around.

I don't disagree with the sentiment, but you guys have heard of the Posse Comitatus Act, right? While it would be satisfying to see our soldiers and Marines going after the cartels, to be honest I wouldn't be comfortable with the precedent of rolling back those laws and regs. I think the answer is stronger border control (national guard, maybe?) and making it more difficult for foreign nationals to be here illegally, neither of which the pot-smoking left seems interested in.

26 Inf
05-13-17, 19:16
I don't think you would have to roll back those regs at all. I do not believe that the act would apply to our forces doing border security, in conjunction with the Border Patrol, and approved by Congress.

Posse Comitatus refers to working with Sheriffs and other local officials to enforce state or local laws. If they were directed by Congress to secure the border in conjunction with other Federal Agencies, I don't think you would have the problems you envision.

But, having said that, I think the 'average' American views organizations such as ABR with skepticism. The organization has a very small number of members, one story I read lists 5 actual members with up to 200 volunteers.

Quite frankly, with the recent exodus of members due to some of the Nazi stuff/rhetoric that had been posted, I think this thread is also inappropriate. But, I don't run the place. :rolleyes:

Chameleox
05-13-17, 20:11
For a number of reasons, sniping suspected border crossers from afar is problematic, short-sighted, and a very bad idea.

Here's an option:

Request volunteer LEOs from across the country. Put them through a crash course in Border Patrol and Customs work (SOPs, peculiar TTPs, patrolling operations, relevant law, etc). Then, either call them up to assist in border work, or for refresher training. They can augment patrols, assist in detention and processing detainees, staff crossing points, or backfill office roles so regular BP agents can head out. If it worked in a manner where I'd have to do 2-3 weeks (4-7 days refresher, remainder on station) every year, I'd sign up.

Trained officers can assist on the southern border, but you could also use this program to augment the Canadian side, as well as airports and seaports that see a lot of immigration traffic.

As an ancillary, those officers, once trained, could be empowered to enforce immigration laws in their home jurisdiction, if their CLEO approves.

Nightvisionary
05-14-17, 04:30
For a number of reasons, sniping suspected border crossers from afar is problematic, short-sighted, and a very bad idea.

Here's an option:

Request volunteer LEOs from across the country. Put them through a crash course in Border Patrol and Customs work (SOPs, peculiar TTPs, patrolling operations, relevant law, etc). Then, either call them up to assist in border work, or for refresher training. They can augment patrols, assist in detention and processing detainees, staff crossing points, or backfill office roles so regular BP agents can head out. If it worked in a manner where I'd have to do 2-3 weeks (4-7 days refresher, remainder on station) every year, I'd sign up.

Trained officers can assist on the southern border, but you could also use this program to augment the Canadian side, as well as airports and seaports that see a lot of immigration traffic.

As an ancillary, those officers, once trained, could be empowered to enforce immigration laws in their home jurisdiction, if their CLEO approves.

Not a bad idea but I see a few problems. From my personal observations from a single sector there is no a shortage of BP agents on the ground. The problem is in how they are deployed. They spend a majority of their shift driving from the field office in Tucson to the border and back, every shift. That is at least two hours each way. The cartel knows exactly when shift change occurs. BP agents are also unionized. I imagine there are agreements in place preventing non-BP LEO's from performing BP work. Who would pay the state and local cops salary? If by volunteer you mean do it for free using their own vacation time I don't think you will get too many takers. BP has a huge turn over rate already. Those guys work very hard under extremely difficult conditions. My guess is a lot of cops would not return for a second rotation. You can double the amount of officers driving the roads but you still need people to climb the mountains to clear the cartel spotters/traffic controllers, otherwise the cartel will just route their crews around the officers. From the high points they can see everything coming and going for miles. Nobody is doing that except for AZBR.

223to45
05-14-17, 10:51
I don't disagree with the sentiment, but you guys have heard of the Posse Comitatus Act, right? While it would be satisfying to see our soldiers and Marines going after the cartels, to be honest I wouldn't be comfortable with the precedent of rolling back those laws and regs. I think the answer is stronger border control (national guard, maybe?) and making it more difficult for foreign nationals to be here illegally, neither of which the pot-smoking left seems interested in.
You wouldn't be rolling them back. You would be enforcing what is there.

Have you read the act?
It is not 100% ban against usage of military.

And technically only appllys to Army and Air Force.
Navy and Marines have regs that align with the act.

Artos
05-14-17, 16:47
Does AZ have border safety initiative like TX has going on??

I'm in O&G biz & drive 300-400 miles a day in deep south TX and can tell you it has made an impact & forcing them to change their routines or go elsewhere...The state brings in TX HWY Patrol from all over the state to do shifts along the border. You take that along with increased BP / Operation Line Backer with the Counties, GW's, Local LEO & the thugs have taken notice. I will see more LEO driving 83 from Laredo to Rio Grande City in a day than most will see in a year.

I'm sure Cartel del Golfo / Zetas are not going broke, but I know for a fact The TX Border Safety Initiative is a thorn in the side. Having even said that, the Falfurrias 70 Mile Check Point continuous to be the nations highest apprehension of illegals and narcotics & are actually building a new monstrous facility.

Honu
05-14-17, 20:48
some border patrol have been caught for being on the cartel side ?

I know a few years ago or less one of the border freelance groups not sure if it was this one also got in trouble for trying to get a cut ?

sadly both the gov and citizen patrols are falling victim to $$ from cartels and sure like flies and honey some see a way to get a cut vs stopping the problem

MountainRaven
05-14-17, 23:56
You wouldn't be rolling them back. You would be enforcing what is there.

Have you read the act?
It is not 100% ban against usage of military.

And technically only appllys to Army and Air Force.
Navy and Marines have regs that align with the act.

Fun fact: The first military purchase of the Thompson submachine gun was by the Navy to arm Marines assigned to protect postal carriers during the 1920s.

Link (https://www.mca-marines.org/gazette/crime-and-postal-history-bring-marines).

Nightvisionary
05-15-17, 05:57
some border patrol have been caught for being on the cartel side ?

I know a few years ago or less one of the border freelance groups not sure if it was this one also got in trouble for trying to get a cut ?

sadly both the gov and citizen patrols are falling victim to $$ from cartels and sure like flies and honey some see a way to get a cut vs stopping the problem

That absolutely was not AZBR. I think you may be referencing the Arizona Special Operations Group who were 4 or 5 guys that are currently serving sentences in prison. There have been a few fly by night unorganized groups over the years with zero vetting or organization. AZBR is made up of volunteers many of whom are military and military special operations veterans, EMS, and former and current law enforcement officers. There are even medical professionals who volunteer. Aside from the Arizona Special Operations Group there are always going to be a few bad apples among law enforcement. In addition to that there are what are known as RIP crews that prowl the border area. The RIP crews are basically armed bandit groups made up of gang members and other cartels that prey on cartel drug mules and illegals crossing the border.

Honu
05-15-17, 07:20
yeah did not know :) why I did not say :) and it was not meant as a cut either more just sad folks even border patrol get sucked into doing bad !!!
cause of course the press has a field day with it

so the RIP crews are basically bad guys killing or taking the other bad guys people/product ? I kinda wondered if that happened or if the cartels had strong enough control !

That absolutely was not AZBR. I think you may be referencing the Arizona Special Operations Group who were 4 or 5 guys that are currently serving sentences in prison. There have been a few fly by night unorganized groups over the years with zero vetting or organization. AZBR is made up of volunteers many of whom are military and military special operations veterans, EMS, and former and current law enforcement officers. There are even medical professionals who volunteer. Aside from the Arizona Special Operations Group there are always going to be a few bad apples among law enforcement. In addition to that there are what are known as RIP crews that prowl the border area. The RIP crews are basically armed bandit groups made up of gang members and other cartels that prey on cartel drug mules and illegals crossing the border.

Hootiewho
05-15-17, 08:52

Here's an option:

Something similar was done during Katrina. They were taking in LEO's from all over during that time.

223to45
05-15-17, 12:25
Fun fact: The first military purchase of the Thompson submachine gun was by the Navy to arm Marines assigned to protect postal carriers during the 1920s.

Link (https://www.mca-marines.org/gazette/crime-and-postal-history-bring-marines).
That is a cool story.